• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
>>Stuff<<

Exactly why the console community sucks (but granted, same damn issue on PC) and why DICE should just remove the rent-a-server. It's gotten to the point where I actively avoid custom servers due to admin abuse than anything.

Basically... just drop down a bunch of C4. And don't detonate until just before the other team caps the flag.

This will maximize your chances.
Also try to disguise the C4 as much as you can by putting it where it's difficult or impossible to see (it will clip right through the small cardboard boxes for example so they're a great place to hide it). Put down all six C4 packs (be sure to take the extra explosives perk if nobody else in your squad has it) so that you get maximum coverage of the common places where people will crouch while they're capping that flag.

Tried that earlier, only got one person. Rambo will be forever unattainable along with the jet ones for me.
How many did you get on the second attempt? On the tenth? What about the twentieth? Nobody said it was easy, perseverance and patience is required ;)

TheSeks

1-3 at most. Never 4-5+ as required.

And then they caught on and blew my C4 before capping the flag. :(

Several times tonight, all my weapon stats were reset and I was stuck with the default guns and gadgets. Is this a forced server setting an owner can choose? This required me to reconfigure all my classes after leaving the server. And, I can no longer find the AUG3 among my weapons.

Sajjaja

You know your team is awful when... you enter a game with 80 tickets left vs 250 and end up losing while becoming 3rd place on your team = I've lost almost every match today....

Jesus Christ, WHY THE FUCK AM I THE ONLY ONE TAKING THE BACK ROUTE WHILE SQUAD HOPPING HOPING REINFORCEMENTS WOULD HELP ME ARM!

Oh and PS3 froze. Thanks DICE after me hard fighting for A second set, A first set (smoke arm) B first set (quick arm), and getting to the third set on Grand Bazaar Attack.

At least I don't have to deal with a team of morons now.

Where are thou, Faceless Master? :(

san roku maru

raindoc

Several times tonight, all my weapon stats were reset and I was stuck with the default guns and gadgets. Is this a forced server setting an owner can choose? This required me to reconfigure all my classes after leaving the server. And, I can no longer find the AUG3 among my weapons.

this happens from time to time in DICE games and i happened to me yesterday on a friend's server too (of course it happened to all people on the server).
i changed the server settings to unranked and back (after playing one round) and we got our ranks back (along with our configurations) but later at night it happened again.
no idea what triggers it.

TheSeks

How hard is it to use the mini map? Very, if you were to ask the random players on your team.

Seriously. Or I hop squads from a hidden position with a beacon active to get someone on their 2-3 person squad to spawn on it as a sniper and beacon there only for them to spawn and then quickly die then go back to the clusterfuck instead of the back door (that was being guarded lightly but needed a strong mass attack since I was trying to pick targets off from a distance with a sniper rifle) arming thereby opening the clusterfuck area up. UGH.

vixlar

How hard is it to use the mini map? Very, if you were to ask the random players on your team.

Some friends love Battlefield, but they don't have Xbox, son they come to my house. I hate they don't use the map. I see people coming behind them, behind the hills, behind the walls... and they don't even look at their direction!!!!

So, when I see they are doomed, I only say "you're dead"

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Just got BF3 for 360. It'll be my first time playing a Battlefield game for more than twenty minutes. Expect a meteoric rise to stardom. I will dong and blain, or whatever it is you BF kids do. Come join me as I make history. GT = kittens dx.

Just got BF3 for 360. It'll be my first time playing a Battlefield game for more than twenty minutes. Expect a meteoric rise to stardom. I will dong and blain, or whatever it is you BF kids do. Come join me as I make history. GT = kittens dx.

Over and I should be getting on later today. Do you have Premium or End Game?

TheSeks

6 min 45 second round of Operation: Metro Rush Attack. Probably the fastest Attack round I've had on that map.

TheSeks

All of you are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too fucking passive in the tank at times, I fucking swear...

*breathe* Okay, annoyance aside: I had those crates at least 5-6 times by myself. No back-up. NOTHING. Take the tank, rush up in a suicide/PUSH formation. No one spawns to get out of the gunner seat to arm. Sit there moving back and forth in a "PLEASE SPAWN ON ME" signal but nope. Have to beg to get someone to spawn on me at times. Ugh.

I see there was no meteoric rise, instead, a wonderful crash and burn. :p

I removed all the Multiplayer Updates up to 5. There's still a title update and some other-named one, but I imagine you can delete them, too, as the MP updates started numbering at 3.

Don't actually do this, because I noticed the other night that I didn't have my AUG3 anymore, and discovered it was part of the Close Quarters pack. I'm not sure if it was part of the update or the add-on, but I'm redownloading both.

Edit: Yes, this was the case.

Don't actually do this, because I noticed the other night that I didn't have my AUG3 anymore, and discovered it was part of the Close Quarters pack. I'm not sure if it was part of the update or the add-on, but I'm redownloading both.

Edit: Yes, this was the case.

i wonder if the map packs affect the ability to do assignments...

and for 360 peeps wondering...

to play online you need:

Battlefield 3 Title Update (201MB)

Multiplayer Update 6 (2.0GB)

and to play certain expansion maps you need:

Battlefield 3 Update (2.1GB) = Back To Karkand

Multiplayer Update 3 (2.4GB) = Close Quarters

Armored Kill (1.6GB) = Armored Kill

Aftermath (1.6GB) = Aftermath

End Game (1.8GB) = End Game

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Admins are such bitches.

OeG0bl1.gif

Sajjaja

That feeling of disappointment where you lead your squad to victory in one match, only for everything to fall to pieces in the next...... In the first match, we were down to 214-320 with enemy controlling all but B and C when I joined on Operation Riverside. Beat them 84-0 with the squad doing pretty well after I become squad leader.

Next match, we have the lead with essentially all points capped on Kiasar Railroad, then everything went to shit and no one coordinated with each other. Only guy who did listen to me got so frustrated, he raged to the other team (that asshole). We lost 0-417 with me being the top scorer in the entire match (I had 8414 points, and the next highest was on the other team with 7297).

D: I need more of you to play with.

tn2007

That feeling of disappointment where you lead your squad to victory in one match, only for everything to fall to pieces in the next...... In the first match, we were down to 214-320 with enemy controlling all but B and C when I joined on Operation Riverside. Beat them 84-0 with the squad doing pretty well after I become squad leader.

Next match, we have the lead with essentially all points capped on Kiasar Railroad, then everything went to shit and no one coordinated with each other. Only guy who did listen to me got so frustrated, he raged to the other team (that asshole). We lost 0-417 with me being the top scorer in the entire match (I had 8414 points, and the next highest was on the other team with 7297).

D: I need more of you to play with.

That's nothing. There were times where I would get 3 times more points than the highest scorer on the other team and still lose. You have to remember 90% of the BF3 community are BAD and you should play with more gaffers if you want to win.

TheSeks

Admins are such bitches.

It's not really them being bitches, it's them abusing the power when they don't get their way.

I'd love to join a server that doesn't kick or have stupid bullshit rules besides "no spawn camping." Bitching about the SOFLAM and Javelin when they're in the game is soooo passe. If it was a "glitch." I'd understand.

But kicking or killed by admin for getting in a jet/tank/whatever they wanted is stupid. No spawn camping only happens when it isn't THEIR team that is trapped.

As it is, I tried to find some servers on the PS3 version to connect to often, never did find them because people pull this shit or set servers above 100%. So I stick with DICE or P#'s now. No need to worry about stupid bullshit and if it gets annoying I simply leave and find another server?

It's not really them being bitches, it's them abusing the power when they don't get their way.

I'd love to join a server that doesn't kick or have stupid bullshit rules besides "no spawn camping." Bitching about the SOFLAM and Javelin when they're in the game is soooo passe. If it was a "glitch." I'd understand.

But kicking or killed by admin for getting in a jet/tank/whatever they wanted is stupid. No spawn camping only happens when it isn't THEIR team that is trapped.

As it is, I tried to find some servers on the PS3 version to connect to often, never did find them because people pull this shit or set servers above 100%. So I stick with DICE or P#'s now. No need to worry about stupid bullshit and if it gets annoying I simply leave and find another server?

i think the only time i can recall admins explicitly and aggressively dissuading spawn camping by their team was this one time on PS3 when a few of us were playing on a Metro server where the admins said "no capping A" and actually kicked people who capped A. that was hilarious!

TheSeks

i think the only time i can recall admins explicitly and aggressively dissuading spawn camping by their team was this one time on PS3 when a few of us were playing on a Metro server where the admins said "no capping A" and actually kicked people who capped A. that was hilarious!

So you mean they actually enforced their rules (though through not capping A which is kinda stupid)? That's a good server/admin team then.

Because half the time the admins don't enforce the rules if the game is in their favor but if it isn't they'll start kicking the opposing team as they're "breaking the rules." It's why I don't think the console community deserves the rent-a-server now: They simply do not understand what "admin" means in regards to games and abuse it as a "I can win the game if I rent a server." option.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Update: I still love this game.

1. I love the music that builds up as the final points are won.

2. Quick question: My FAMAS jammed up or something, and only shoots one bullet at a time. What's going on?

Update: I still love this game.

1. I love the music that builds up as the final points are won.

2. Quick question: My FAMAS jammed up or something, and only shoots one bullet at a time. What's going on?

Alternate firing mode. Press down on the D-pad to cycle through.

McNei1y

I think my computer is having issues. My game was stuck on "Joining Server" for quite awhile today. I had to "repair" my game which took an hour for it to finally work. Now, whenever I join a game, my frames are absolutely terrible. I used to be able to run on Ultra/High without any problem. But now my frames are floating around the 10-15 area... even on low. It makes the game unplayable. What could be the problem?

Maybe this?: This weekend, some components in my computer required to be reinserted. One of them was my cooling fan on the motherboard.

Overdoziz

Banned
I think my computer is having issues. My game was stuck on "Joining Server" for quite awhile today. I had to "repair" my game which took an hour for it to finally work. Now, whenever I join a game, my frames are absolutely terrible. I used to be able to run on Ultra/High without any problem. But now my frames are floating around the 10-15 area... even on low. It makes the game unplayable. What could be the problem?

Maybe this?: This weekend, some components in my computer required to be reinserted. One of them was my cooling fan on the motherboard.
You should call Xbox support.

TheSeks

Today was a good day:

-C4'd Evolved and his team when it was just Dave and I on the other team pushing the team forward at times (oy, having to arm and then promptly die in the smoke) on Norshal Attack round #1 to a Rambo assignment multi-kill (5 or 6? Forgetting, Evolved says 5x) since Evolved and his team were prone at B and I threw it over cover quickly and detonated it as I get mown down.

-Knifed Faceless as he was going into a corner for whatever when me or someone armed A second set Metro Attack while he was on defense. Another thing off the checklist to do: Knife Faceless

-Got MVP at least 6-8 rounds played due to issuing Squad Commands and having GAF follow them for +10's, Revives, Resupplies, Spot Assists...

-I so totally need DICE to photoshop me as the "man on fire." :)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Today was a good day:

-C4'd Evolved and his team when it was just Dave and I on the other team pushing the team forward at times (oy, having to arm and then promptly die in the smoke) on Norshal Attack round #1 to a Rambo assignment multi-kill (5 or 6? Forgetting, Evolved says 5x) since Evolved and his team were prone at B and I threw it over cover quickly and detonated it as I get mown down.

-Knifed Faceless as he was going into a corner for whatever when me or someone armed A second set Metro Attack while he was on defense. Another thing off the checklist to do: Knife Faceless

-Got MVP at least 6-8 rounds played due to issuing Squad Commands and having GAF follow them for +10's, Revives, Resupplies, Spot Assists...

-I so totally need DICE to photoshop me as the "man on fire." :)

I think it was 5x but might have been more... you're welcome btw, since you kinda piggybacked all the C4 I had just thrown down around the crate.

Nevertheless, good show...

TheSeks

I was shocked I even got that many from you. Since I just threw it as a "fuck it, I'm going deep" maneuver. I wasn't even attempting to get to the crate, but if I blew ya'll to kingdom come and was standing still I would've faceplanted it to arm.

Top Bottom