• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Loxley

So for no real reason at all, I picked up the Premium Edition of BF3 for the PS3. I haven't touched a console shooter since the earlier days of Bad Company 2 - which I was a huge fan of.

After the nine hours it took to download, install and update the game + all five map packs, I was finally able to play it. I had no idea the console version had a server browser, what a welcome relief. And not a half-assed one either, lots of good filter options. So that was certainly a nice surprise.

However, as if the universe where cracking some big smile and saying to me "Welcome back to console shooters!", the first thing I hear upon entering my first game of Conquest was some 12 year-old talking his ass off. I don't even think he was talking to anyone specifically, he was just talking. Thankfully that game ended about a minute after I joined.

I have a question that I guess is aimed more towards those of you who do play the console version, what maps would you say are best suited for the 24 player limit? On Rush and Conquest some of these maps just seem too damn huge and were clearly designed with 64 players in mind. I just want to know so I can have my map filters set to the ones that feel far more optimized for 24 people.

tn2007

I have a question that I guess is aimed more towards those of you who do play the console version, what maps would you say are best suited for the 24 player limit? On Rush and Conquest some of these maps just seem too damn huge and were clearly designed with 64 players in mind. I just want to know so I can have my map filters set to the ones that feel far more optimized for 24 people.

Conquest - metro, bazaar, seine, canals, kharg, and peak for vanilla maps. All of strike of karkand maps are good expect wake island. All of aftermath dlc is good too. Armor shield is alright and the end game maps are ok.

tuco11

Do to space limitations on my old 20 gig hdd (xbox 360) i had to get the non premium version of BF3. I can probably fit one of the DLC packs and that is it. What is considered the best one?

thanks!

JJD

Do to space limitations on my old 20 gig hdd (xbox 360) i had to get the non premium version of BF3. I can probably fit one of the DLC packs and that is it. What is considered the best one?

thanks!

Back to Karkand.

Of all the DLCs it is probably the best one and also the most populated one since it was given for free to a lot of people.

If you can only get one, get B2K.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Speaking of X-box:

X-box 720: Jump Out™

PCS3 Master Race™.jpg Looks like you 360 dudes should jump on the winning train, eh?

By going PC. TROLLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Speaking of X-box:

X-box 720: Jump Out™

PCS3 Master Race™.jpg Looks like you 360 dudes should jump on the winning train, eh?

By going PC. TROLLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

EGZROn2.gif

I can't believe that M$ is actually going that route
yes I do u_uU
. Third console arrogance curse? Well, if some Battlefield Xbox brothers come to the PS crew we'll welcome them ;b..

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I can't believe that M$ is actually going that route
yes I do u_uU
. Third console arrogance curse? Well, if some Battlefield Xbox brothers come to the PS crew we'll welcome them ;b..

Oh hell no. I'm not gonna let them go that easily >_>

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Gonna be playing Endgame maps on PS3 tonight.
See you there buddies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ill be on 30 minutes (Practicing Marvel 3 right now)

TheSeks

Ugh. If I move away from your repair, DON'T SIT THERE AND WORRY ABOUT THE TANK.

In Rush 9/10 of the time I'm going to sacrifice the tank. If I specifically ask for a repair or sit there THEN repair. Had a way open to arm B thereby letting me at least attempt to hold it after grabbing you back Dave but you sit there trying to repair my tank why? They C4'ed us like 2-3 times before that. It was pointless to repair it. If I had taken B we could've focused on pushing that chokepoint at A.

Ugh.

That said we were going to lose anyway since it took me switching to LVG to flush out the campers in that corner I kept getting mown from in the "hell room." Only by flushing them out were we able to take that set and win it the first attack round. But then it switches us the losing team where that team was decent and it was over for us so I can't really hate. But I absolutely am driven bonkers when I'm like "FUCK SITTING IN THE TANK, RAM IT INTO THE CRATE SINCE IT GIVES ME ARMOR TO ARM AND AT LEAST 10-15 SECONDS TO CLEAR OUT AND SET UP!" (NOPE) *RAGE*

BoatAck

Today I spawned as a medic, took a downed player's engie kit, died and had the engie kit I was using get taken, then I got revived and I ended up being a medic with a SMAW. I really didn't get a chance to put it to use though :(

TheSeks

XBL or EA/DICE dun goofed. All unlocks, etc reset

It happened in BC2, wait an hour or two and your stuff should be back.

Otherwise: PANIC.

Speaking of which, finally after like 4-5 hours of doing Sniper Dick, I have the JNG assignment done.

M39 is beastly, two shot spam = dead men. CQC hip-fire = dead men. So much faster getting it's 50 kills than the JNG's 100 since it's a semi-auto.

I just had a round on Norshal where I did work with it to like a 20-2 or 5 KDR. Crazy.

Top Bottom