• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Late Join, Mortar Pop and Tank piloting turn around. Who runs this town? ME

Also I just noticed in Battlelog that quits count as losses. Way to fuckin' go, DICE. :/

TheSeks

That's the way it should be, unless you're 0 0 0.

So, basically you're okay with the fact the game teamswitches you and you don't want that so you leave since the game auto-fills the spot you were in with friends instantly or the game counts a loss when you go to pee and don't quit out of the results screen? Really?

So, basically you're okay with the fact the game teamswitches you and you don't want that so you leave since the game auto-fills the spot you were in with friends instantly or the game counts a loss when you go to pee and don't quit out of the results screen? Really?
Auto-balance is a good thing and people who only play when their team is stacked aren't doing the community any favours.

If you go to pee and get kicked out of the next round for inactivity you would be 0 0 0, and like I said I don't think you should be penalised for that.

TheSeks

If you go to pee and get kicked out of the next round for inactivity you would be 0 0 0, and like I said I don't think you should be penalised for that.

Except I'm not getting kicked for inactivity as I come back before 3 minutes. But I don't want to play Conquest or the map or... so I leave. I'm then penalized as a loss despite the fact I haven't even played the round. See the issue?

Except I'm not getting kicked for inactivity as I come back before 3 minutes. But I don't want to play Conquest or the map or... so I leave. I'm then penalized as a loss despite the fact I haven't even played the round. See the issue?

If you haven't played the round you'll be 0 0 0 (0 kills, 0 deaths, 0 points).

tn2007

Also I just noticed in Battlelog that quits count as losses. Way to fuckin' go, DICE. :/

Are you sure? I believe they count towards your quit precentage. It will show as a lost on a battle report but it shouldn't show as a lost on your lost column from bf3stats.com. And it shouldn't affect your win/loss ratio. It's hard to tell on your account since you resetted your stats but when I look at my stats they matched up and I know I quit one game this past week.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Yay! Congrats Rebel!

Did you play on an SD TV before this one? If you did you're probably going to do a lot better on the game with the new one!

No played on a samsung LCD that had a slight annoying motion blur(?) I would see the image faintly repeated with distinct lines when in dark sections of the maps.

Haven't noticed any increased in lag and according to Rock Band Blitz calibration it has around the same amount of video lag.

Dr Prob

Banned
Finished the assignments and have foolishly begun a quest to knock out the medals. Some thoughts:

- What the fuck is wrong with the people playing Tank Superiority? There's one flag. ONE FLAG! Surely we can drive our asses into the capture radius for the ten or so seconds required, right? Guys?

- Those Tank Superiority people are the worst.

Finished the assignments and have foolishly begun a quest to knock out the medals. Some thoughts:

- What the fuck is wrong with the people playing Tank Superiority? There's one flag. ONE FLAG! Surely we can drive our asses into the capture radius for the ten or so seconds required, right? Guys?

- Those Tank Superiority people are the worst.

i've been saying that shit for months. Tank Superiority people fucking baffle me.

i got the most annoying medal (to me) out of the way already though, Gun Master!

TheSeks

Gun Master is more luck than anything. Air Superiority is the fucking bullshit one.

Overdoziz

Banned
I had the easiest time winning games trying to go for the Gun Master medal. I think I've lost a couple of matches while going for it, most of which I joined halfway through. Maybe it was because I only played on Aftermath Gun Master servers, but everyone was soooo bad.

TheSeks

You can play Gun Master outside of the Close Shitters maps? :eek:

Gun Master is more luck than anything. Air Superiority is the fucking bullshit one.

it's a mix of skill, luck and prediction. trying to comprehend exactly where a given set of players will bunch up at and having weapon based strategies to get kills based around that is key. Ziba Tower, Donya Fortress and Scrapmetal were all ok eventually, but Operation 925 was baffling to figure out the flow on. so many varying hotspots to watch out for... I haven't really started on Air Superiority, but i assume it will be about as annoying as Tank Superiority.

I had the easiest time winning games trying to go for the Gun Master medal. I think I've lost a couple of matches while going for it, most of which I joined halfway through. Maybe it was because I only played on Aftermath Gun Master servers, but everyone was soooo bad.

Markaz Monolith was usually hell for me, people just seemed so random on approaches on that map. Epicenter and Azadi Palace were usually a ok and Talah Market was so random, reminds me of 925. also, i had a much easier time on PS3 Gun Master than on 360.

You can play Gun Master outside of the Close Shitters maps? :eek:

yeah, Aftermath maps have Gun Master.

TheSeks

Air Sup. requires luck to be on a good team of decent jet pilots so you can KDR tank to the medal. As it is, I'm not touching it since I got the guided missiles (that I don't even use since using it in Rush is a bit awkward and takes too long to lock on to targets while you're still controlling the jet/camera). Not worth tanking my KDR for and not worth the medal.

Frankly, I stick to Rush and sometimes Conquest with a little TDM. The other modes are not supported (4 maps each) and not that good (CTF aside, which is okay but only 4 maps).

Dr Prob

Banned
I haven't really started on Air Superiority, but i assume it will be about as annoying as Tank Superiority.

Nah, it's not even close. Getting wins in AS is fairly easy as long as you don't run into a squad of ace pilots. Just have to keep the blimps capped. Plus, there are always spectacular fuckups going on in the background. So there's that.

Not a great mode or anything, but far more enjoyable than TS, which is just pain and confusion + SOFLAMS.

TheSeks

FFS YOU TWO!

*Tank is in the base, spot it*

*Faceless is dicking around with the chopper THAT CAN'T FUCKING ARM CRATES*

*Is the only fucking person at the base trying to DEFEND THE CRATES*

ADKFJDAKSLGJADSLKFGJKSFLJGFLDKJGFLDKSJGLFDKSJGF:LKSGLJd God.

todahawk

FFS YOU TWO!

*Tank is in the base, spot it*

*Faceless is dicking around with the chopper THAT CAN'T FUCKING ARM CRATES*

*Is the only fucking person at the base trying to DEFEND THE CRATES*

ADKFJDAKSLGJADSLKFGJKSFLJGFLDKJGFLDKSJGLFDKSJGF:LKSGLJd God.

Oh how I've missed you!
I had to rebuild my PS3's db to fix the BF3 no gun glitch and lost all my copies of your lovely rants.

I'm back in the BF3 saddle and after a bit of rust finally had some good matches yesterday. Not quite the todahawk of old yet but not that I uberawesome to begin with.

Had some awesome moments yesterday, I had 4 aircraft kills with the main gun of my tank. Two were head on shots, two were deflection angle shots that I led perfectly. Had one or two on Saturday. So much fucking fun!

Kak.efes

You can tell he's pissed when he capitalizes. Pretty sure if I check my message list from Sekoku, it's just a stream of sternly worded capital sentences.

todahawk

You can tell he's pissed when he capitalizes. Pretty sure if I check my message list from Sekoku, it's just a stream of sternly worded capital sentences.

I'm gonna check, I think I snagged some screens of my inbox at one point and it was all Seks, all caps. Found it! This is back from BC2!

Love ya Seks!

jkQvNOAQF8TxL.jpg

TheSeks

Whateva. I do what I want.

(Toda always has to post that image, I swear)

Seriously though, if I have to yell at you to get back to base: You aren't paying attention.

I mean, shit, if I'm defending by myself and we lose the base three times... that should be ALARM BELLS RINGING to GTFO of their base and BACK to ours?

Seriously though, if I have to yell at you to get back to base: You aren't paying attention.

I mean, shit, if I'm defending by myself and we lose the base three times... that should be ALARM BELLS RINGING to GTFO of their base and BACK to ours?

STOP ACTING LIKE ME.

----------------
For people who never played with Sekoku, you have to understand that he is physically unable to communicate verbally.

todahawk

I'm surprised I still had that image!
Dude, do you remember what map that was with those exchanges? I do.
Seriously though, you force me to think and I'm a better player for it.

I had a great game earlier tonight, my final score wasn't in the top 3 but I was making good decisions and putting myself in the right places. We still lost but it was one of my better individual performances. I was in the zone. Triple kills on defense. Sniffing out beacons, holding control points against 3-4 guys all by myself. Setting traps, fucking tanks & IFVs up with C4, hanging loose with the engy's and dropping ammo for their anti-vehicle volleys.

MMMMmmmm, so good.

Going premium tomorrow, I'll get the mileage out of it before BF4 hits.

TheSeks

If I remember right BDBDBDBDBDBDBDBDBD... was Oman when B2K first launched. Sac the tank was Rush.

B's "Gee, thanks" was him coming in while I was in the cheesemobile/AKA: Mobile AA wagon on Wake Island and came to fuck me in the ass when my team didn't spot him coming (FFS why don't people spot!?) while my team was winning. Rage-quit because I was pissed because we had like 3 or so more tickets left and they got it because I couldn't lock the area down anymore. Sent him that as a sarcastic/annoyed "Gee thanks for ruining my sandcastle, jerk."

For people who never played with Sek, you have to understand that he is physically unable to communicate verbally.

Nothing's stopping me from getting a cheap-o bluetooth mic. I could yell at people but 1) I talk fast and 2) I'm pretty self-conscious about breathing into the mic and 3) the input side wouldn't work. Outputs fine, input isn't.

(Plus I type faster than I would speaking. Stupid PSN messages and the lack of RAM dedicated to the OS is the only downfall. Reason why I don't use cross-game chat: It lags like hell.)

I'm gonna check, I think I snagged some screens of my inbox at one point and it was all Seks, all caps. Found it! This is back from BC2!

Love ya Seks!

jkQvNOAQF8TxL.jpg

Stay Here

MOVE DUMBASS

STOP ACTING LIKE ME.

----------------
For people who never played with Sekoku, you have to understand that he is physically unable to communicate verbally.

real talk, i have a BT kb and have NO IDEA how Seks can get messages off that fast...

TheSeks

Years of typing, my boys.

And as for you that round you were sitting at their base last night and I'm like "TANK! TANK! TANK!" *Faceless is in their base*

(MOVE YOU DUMBASS)

*Spawns on you, gets out.*

"Fuck, we're at their base and they're arming. D:"

I forget if this where I was like "STAY HERE" but IIRC you came back to our base at the next set and I'm like "STAY! STAY! STAY! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD YOU TWO, STAY!"

And you somewhat did, but then you went to their base and they took the crates. Again. >:| :mad:

I think Fersis was also on auto-pilot since a round or two before we were on Bazaar and held them off from getting to the crates third set defense and he went up to their spawn while I stayed behind to police the three lanes for stragglers coming my way. But that map/End Game maps DO NOT allow you to stay at their base. That map in particular (forgetting the name "Railroad?" Has an attack chopper on their side AND our side but at the same time that attack chopper if used like they did can be used to paradrop people into our base and if EVERYONE is at their base I can't defend a whole swarm of them (and have them take our tank) in addition. SO ANNOYING.

TheSeks

For a minute there I thought that message was going to be me until I scrolled up and saw the name and comment.

#hemad

Sajjaja

Dat feel when you encounter new Gaffers to play with, only for them to have full friends lists D:

Looking at you Faceless Master :(

raindoc

I just encountered an add for FIFA 13 in BF3 (PS3).
after starting the game it popped up in the lower right corner of the main menue, along with a "press square to buy" link to the store, it disappeared after a couple of seconds.

how long have these been there and wtf EA?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I just encountered an add for FIFA 13 in BF3 (PS3).
after starting the game it popped up in the lower right corner of the main menue, along with a "press square to buy" link to the store, it disappeared after a couple of seconds.

how long have these been there and wtf EA?

They have been there for a month or 2 for some people

Top Bottom