• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
A few weeks. I really wish someone would release the IP or whatever for that so I could add it to the DNS host file and block it. :/ So pointless.

YES, EA, BECAUSE I WANT TO PLAY SPORTS GAMES IN MY SHOOTAN GAMEZ.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Gonna be online in about two hours playing Endgame.

Transports should go into a spin if the tail rotor is the point of impact :(

iptuthXJRWHIK.gif

I was robbed!

TheSeks

Having to tell a level 7: "You're a medic! You can fucking revive! Why were you not doing that!? DID YOU WANT TO LOSE!?"

"I'll do it next time!"

TOO FUCKING LATE! YOU BASICALLY THREW TICKETS IN THE TRASH WHILE I BUSTED MY ASS FOR B (THAT YOU WOULDN'T HELP DEFEND SO I COULD CROSS OVER TO A AFTER). AFDKLJGAJDGFLDSJFLDKLASJLKFDALKJFLKADSJ.

(This is why there needs to be a tutorial and offline mode, DICE)

EA: AKA: PUSH RIGHT ON THE FUCKING D-PAD: THE MOVIE: THE GAME!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Transports should go into a spin if the tail rotor is the point of impact :(

iptuthXJRWHIK.gif

I was robbed!

That 17min SP footage has a scene where a transport heli gets hit, crashes, and "melts" into the ground below... it looks incredible. I fucking hope shit like that will be in the MP.

TheSeks

Bad Company 2:

Yes.

No.

and 1943 are the best Battlefield experiences this gen.

Maybe.

Bad Company 2, minus the attack choppers is pretty Godlike. Only thing that ruins it is the lopsided balance in regards to destruction and OBJECTIVE HARM! OBJECTIVE HARM! OBJECTIVE HARM! OBJECTIVE DESTROYED! instead of OBJECTIVE ARMED! (30 seconds to a minute) OBJECTIVE DESTROYED!

TheSeks

I didn't really like Par for the Course. Neat idea for a map, terrible with helicopters (at least you could attempt to shoot those down though).

JJD

So, my new (less than 2 months of use) top of the line Panasonic plasma died on me.

I must be cursed. That's the only explanation. =(

Evolved1

So, my new (less than 2 months of use) top of the line Panasonic plasma died on me.

I must be cursed. That's the only explanation. =(

At least it should still be under warranty... but yeah that sucks man.

I actually play on a PC monitor. I have a big Sammy plasma, but I don't like playing Battlefield (and some other games) on it for whatever reason... so most of the time I have my PS3 hooked up in the computer den. Pain in the butt since I mostly play BF... (literally, I hate the chair in the den, so uncomfortable).

Evolved1

What sensitivity setting should I use for aiming? I'm struggling to hit targets, and I have the slider set close to halfway.

I have mine really low... it makes it hard for me to turn if someone gets the drop on me, but hipfire and aim in general is super accurate. Making adjustments on people in CQB or keeping the crosshair on a moving target is so easy. So it's a trade-off that's worth it imo. And I'm getting used to it, have even found a way to turn faster (when I have to) by using the sticks a particular way in tandem.

Also, sensitivity on consoles has no effect on vehicles, so there's no penalty there you have to worry about.

TheSeks

I used to be max on CoD4 on 360. But on PS3 it was like 6-7 or so above the 4 normal.

For BF's I stick with defaults. Generally works. Anything faster than that in BF throws me off.

Also Evolved: Quickload/save fucked up in the CIA headquarters. Thankfully I still have an auto-save so it didn't completely erase my progress but a weird bug as Quickload/save was fine until that part (after the insertion into the headquarters after the fans) where it ate my save and kicked me out of the game to the XMB.

Ubisoft porting(TM!)

zeelman

Lowering my sensitivity seemed to help a bit. I managed to win a round of Gun Master last night. This 100 star guy was 4-5 guns ahead of me until the last two rounds, where he struggled to kill anyone. I even killed him a few times as he tried to knife someone. Then I won after chasing this oblivious player around for 30 seconds until he stopped moving.

I didn't finish the Spas challenge so I have to play another game to unlock the M5K. I was hoping to get that unlocked last night.

Top Bottom