• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Lowering my sensitivity seemed to help a bit. I managed to win a round of Gun Master last night. This 100 star guy was 4-5 guns ahead of me until the last two rounds, where he struggled to kill anyone. I even killed him a few times as he tried to knife someone. Then I won after chasing this oblivious player around for 30 seconds until he stopped moving.

I didn't finish the Spas challenge so I have to play another game to unlock the M5K. I was hoping to get that unlocked last night.

if playing on PS3 look in the options and turn AA off

Kak.efes

Gonna bow out like No_Style. I think I've had my fill of BF3.

As fun as the game was, it never quite lived up to the expectations of that caspian border trailer (which was what originally got me interested in the game in the first place, never having played a battlefield game before this). Graphically it paled in comparison, with only half the player count. Hopefully BF4 delivers on the promise of that trailer for the PS4. If it does, I'll figure to be there with you guys day one.

tn2007

Gonna bow out like No_Style. I think I've had my fill of BF3.

As fun as the game was, it never quite lived up to the expectations of that caspian border trailer (which was what originally got me interested in the game in the first place, never having played a battlefield game before this). Graphically it paled in comparison, with only half the player count. Hopefully BF4 delivers on the promise of that trailer for the PS4. If it does, I'll figure to be there with you guys day one.

Should of came to PC!

olimpia84

dat Metro round today. Sorry for the yelling faceless, didn't know that random kept reviving you. We beat those idiots every single time, including in TDM xD

dat Metro round today. Sorry for the yelling faceless, didn't know that random kept reviving you. We beat those idiots every single time, including in TDM xD

i was literally waiting on the spawn screen then *revived*shoot-smoke*dead*revived*dead*(Olimpia hulks out) *goes for headset*

those dudes really really really really really had a hard time clearing us from C after that though! sooo many different beacon spots, it was hilarious!

that one beacon in the last train car near B lasted soooo long. first time i spawned there i was like "where am i??!!? .... oooohhhh"

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
From Facebook:

65636_10151401691682672_1222964532_n.png

B should come back and fly helicopters for me for those 96 hours. *cough*

olimpia84

i was literally waiting on the spawn screen then *revived*shoot-smoke*dead*revived*dead*(Olimpia hulks out) *goes for headset*

those dudes really really really really really had a hard time clearing us from C after that though! sooo many different beacon spots, it was hilarious!

that one beacon in the last train car near B lasted soooo long. first time i spawned there i was like "where am i??!!? .... oooohhhh"

I think the key was that one final time you broke through B. I have no idea how you did it other than I spawned in you and we went ahead to capture C. I was smoking the hell out of them but they literally set up a barrier of all 12 of them in that ticket booth area. After we capture C they had to go back to cap it and after that I believe we finally took control of B and ended up winning the game.

I think the key was that one final time you broke through B. I have no idea how you did it other than I spawned in you and we went ahead to capture C. I was smoking the hell out of them but they literally set up a barrier of all 12 of them in that ticket booth area. After we capture C they had to go back to cap it and after that I believe we finally took control of B and ended up winning the game.

if you mean when i was in the bathroom stalls under the escalators by C, what happened there was that when they were capping C, i was jamming on X and spawned just before it went neutral and just hid in the bathroom. i decided not to drop any beacons because they might hear them and i just waited there hiding until everyone ran by, gun pointed at the door just in case. i saw like 3 dudes run by on the door i was looking at, counted to 15, started moving and another dude ran by, so i went back in the corner and then one of you spawned on me.

TLDR; i hid in the bathroom for a few minutes.

the only other time i can think of was when i had a beacon in the room under B and then spawned there and ran to the train tunnel under B and planted one there.

or there was that time when i spawned on C and ran towards their home spawn area to hide...

Overdoziz

Banned
i remember that feel... back in the Dreamcast days with my VGA Box and PSO...
Until a couple of days ago I also had to switch an internet cable between my PC and 360 every time. Got that fixed now, though. In about a week I'll also buy a new monitor for my PC so I don't have to keep switching between the two. :)

olimpia84

I hate randoms so much. But I hate team switchers even more. 'zomg my team is losing and most people are low ranked, let me switch to the other team with all the high ranked colonels lolzz'

TheSeks

I hate randoms so much. But I hate team switchers even more. 'zomg my team is losing and most people are low ranked, let me switch to the other team with all the high ranked colonels lolzz'

Gotta not tank my win/loss in public matches, bro. *sunglasses*

Yet another reason why DICE should remove stats from EVERYTHING in Battlefield 4 and copy Valve in TF2's stats-system.

And yes, I do this by myself on late-joins. I'm not taking a loss because their team was outnumbered/out-skilled. Soz.

olimpia84

Yet another reason why DICE should remove stats from EVERYTHING in Battlefield 4 and copy Valve in TF2's stats-system.

And yes, I do this by myself on late-joins. I'm not taking a loss because their team was outnumbered/out-skilled. Soz.

I'm more talking about people that do it near the beginning of the round. Happened in Metro last night when my team lost B so two high ranked players in my team switched to the other completely unbalancing the game. Where's the fun in doing that? We would have captured B eventually since the other team wasn't that great anyways.

TheSeks

I'm more talking about people that do it near the beginning of the round. Happened in Metro last night when my team lost B so two high ranked players in my team switched to the other completely unbalancing the game. Where's the fun in doing that?

Gotta not tank my win/loss in public matches, bro.

And again:

Really, I hope DICE if they really are reading this thread does this. Remove all stats. Make TEAM PLAY the focus. Game would be 20x better than it is right now if they had people focus on teamwork instead of MY STATZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Someone should hassle Fersis to hassle Demize and the others with this post.

---

I mean I get where you're coming from, I truly do. But some people are addicted to their stats too much to let losses like that get them.

What pisses me off is people switching back to the "winning team" after a team deficit due to the auto-balance.

Hightower

Banned
Target has Premium on sale this weekend for $29.99 for PS3 and Xbox. I'm an Xbox player.

I have the vanilla edition. Is the community still there to justify the purchase?

Target has Premium on sale this weekend for $29.99 for PS3 and Xbox. I'm an Xbox player.

I have the vanilla edition. Is the community still there to justify the purchase?

I would say a good amount of us here still play it regularly. Overall, it is still in the top 10 played games on 360. However, most of the time we end up just playing the vanilla maps.

tn2007

Air Sup. requires luck to be on a good team of decent jet pilots so you can KDR tank to the medal. As it is, I'm not touching it since I got the guided missiles (that I don't even use since using it in Rush is a bit awkward and takes too long to lock on to targets while you're still controlling the jet/camera). Not worth tanking my KDR for and not worth the medal.

Frankly, I stick to Rush and sometimes Conquest with a little TDM. The other modes are not supported (4 maps each) and not that good (CTF aside, which is okay but only 4 maps).

And again:

Really, I hope DICE if they really are reading this thread does this. Remove all stats. Make TEAM PLAY the focus. Game would be 20x better than it is right now if they had people focus on teamwork instead of MY STATZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Someone should hassle Fersis to hassle Demize and the others with this post.

---

I mean I get where you're coming from, I truly do. But some people are addicted to their stats too much to let losses like that get them.

What pisses me off is people switching back to the "winning team" after a team deficit due to the auto-balance.

You're such a hypocrite since you cry about tanking your KDR and you reset your stats. Please stop crying about removing stats because it will never happen! EA is trying to steal market shares from the COD franchise(stat whore central) why in the world would they do something as stupid as removing stats? TF2, lol your comparing a free to play game to a AAA title. Crying about stats is like people crying about achievements. I can say, "hey let's remove achievements since they don't promote team work." Since you have idiots trying to get achievements instead of playing to win the game. Or let's remove unlocks because instead of playing to win they are working on unlocks. And finally you have the nerve to admit to team switching and than cry about it. Wow take your lost like a real man because if you didn't care about stats than your win/loss ratio shouldn't matter either. Mr. I rage quit.

They could remove all stats except arms/disarms, flag caps, assists. I don't think it would help, though.

It's not hypocritical to want a system-level change discouraging behavior that is currently encouraged. One can simultaneously engage in non-favorable activity and recognize its lack of favor.

Also, "you're."

TheSeks

removing stats won't do anything, it's like those scoreless kids sports leagues... the kids still know.

Yes it would. Player base would improve. If they don't well not my problem as they eat my suicide bomber attacks on them to great effect.

I mean TF2 still has useless snipers, but the playerbase ignores them and goes into team bases and dies and dies and dies to get the intel/flag and objectives capped. Those that worry about their KDR aren't improving and will generally eat enemy spy attacks.

Same thing here, snipers that aren't helping their team and just "boosting" their KDR that isn't even shown will generally eat attacks. The rest will die and revive to cap objectives. And if we lose? No big deal, there's always next round.

tn2007

Yes it would. Player base would improve. If they don't well not my problem as they eat my suicide bomber attacks on them to great effect.

How would it improve the player base? Randoms will still be randoms. If you want to play with players that have the same mindset as you than why don't you start a clan/platoon and only invite players that have your play style? Wouldn't that be a more logical solution?

Mahonay

Banned
How would it improve the player base? Randoms will still be randoms. If you want to play with players that have the same mindset as you than why don't you start a clan/platoon and only invite players that have your play style? Wouldn't that be a more logical solution?
Kind of agree with this.

Also at some point, I think these expectations become unrealistic. Sure, some of us here want the stats to take more of a TF2 approach, but that is very much a minority when you look at the big picture. Battlefield sells to a larger audience now, an audience that pretty much expects and enjoys looking at stuff like their KDR.

Sure, it'd be wonderful of DICE catered directly to the more niche/dedicated section of their player base. The reality is that they are targeting a much wider audience than that with every game that comes out now. Simultaneously you also have that push coming from EA. Using some basic logic, you can figure things will keep going in their current direction (CoD hooks, bullet point features, etc.). Not back to something "more pure".

TL;DR Keep dreaming about KDR going away. Not going to happen. I guarantee it. Because reasons.

TheSeks

And because KDR and WL won't go away you're going to continue to have snipers sitting in the back getting 1-2 kills per game and team stackers.

Wonderful thinking there on DICE's part if they don't remove everything that isn't the accuracy stat.

Basically people that hang back and don't contribute are still going to do that. But with the stats gone they'll eventually realize that shit is meaningless and actually get into the fight or continue to suck and eat shit from players that know the stats are gone and punish for it.

As it is the focus on stats harm both Call of Duty and Battlefield too much at times.

Mahonay

Banned
And because KDR and WL won't go away you're going to continue to have snipers sitting in the back getting 1-2 kills per game and team stackers.

Wonderful thinking there on DICE's part if they don't remove everything that isn't the accuracy stat.
I also wish DICE cared more about making people not play like assholes than selling more copies. But that's not the reality.

If this was DICE before EA? I can see it possibly happening. Not anymore. EA jerks it's self hard over Battlelog. They need ALL OF THE NUMBERS. ALL OF THEM.

tn2007

Maybe the snipers are like you and trying to get an achievement. Without stats like KDR gone we won't know how many kills those snipers really got right? Lol what does accuracy prove? What if the snipers are making a youtube video on sniping lost distance?Sounds to me like you just want them to keep the stats that your good at and you're really not interested in the player base improving.

Some players don't care about anything and they just want to have fun so they will still do stupid shit regardless. Play competitively if you want to play with players that only play the objective.

Maybe the snipers are like you and trying to get an achievement. Without stats like KDR gone we won't know how many kills those snipers really got right? Lol what does accuracy prove? What if the snipers are making a youtube video on sniping lost distance?Sounds to me like you just want them to keep the stats that your good at and you're really not interested in the player base improving.

Some players don't care about anything and they just want to have fun so they will still do stupid shit regardless. Play competitively if you want to play with players that only play the objective.
Agreed. Everytime I look at this thread it seems to be littered with Seks moaning about the playerbase. I agree that stat boosters can be anoying but, have some perspective.

Maddocks

the problem with having a clan is when you all rock clan tags. So many servers emptied because my rock was rolling deep. As in 6-8 players happened to be playing at one time and all on the same team.

Came to the point where we might have to remove it and pretend we all randoms just to stay in a server longer then 2 matches.

the problem with having a clan is when you all rock clan tags. So many servers emptied because my rock was rolling deep. As in 6-8 players happened to be playing at one time and all on the same team.

Came to the point where we might have to remove it and pretend we all randoms just to stay in a server longer then 2 matches.
Clans should stick to playing other clans but if you're going to be predominantly playing with randoms then ditch the clantag. It's not like it affords you any kind of stat tracking etc like say in MGO (to pick a random example).

olimpia84

GAF please check the servers you guys go into next time...200% Rush defense *vomits*
I was raging so hard it's not even funny, just ask faceless xD

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Noticed the OT says this is where you can post stories/battle recorder videos.

Did Dice release a battle recorder without me knowingness or is this a joke?

Omni

Finally downloaded the Endgame map pack earlier today. Put some solid hours into it, and I'm actually quite surprised. They're pretty damn decent. Really frustrating how easy it is to get into enemy base though...

olimpia84

it was 200% conquest and rush. that defense on karkand... woooooooow.

Remember that useless sniper in our squad in the last game of Karkand Assault? He was the admin and instead of banning me from the server for yelling at him he switched me over to the other team lmao

Did you end up winning?

Yup, won every single game we played. The next time a Rush map came up and we ended up on defense I swtiched teams and invited faceless and #2. No way I was going to sit through another hour of defending like we did on Karkand xD.

TheSeks

Remember that useless sniper in our squad in the last game of Karkand Assault? He was the admin and instead of banning me from the server for yelling at him he switched me over to the other team lmao

Good guy BF3 admin: Gets yelled at and team switches you.

Yup, won every single game we played. The next time a Rush map came up and we ended up on defense I swtiched teams and invited faceless and #2. No way I was going to sit through another hour of defending like we did on Karkand xD.

The same could be said for anything above 100% in the other modes. Now and then it's fun but since the majority of servers are above 100% now a days it drives me crazy.

I'll probably be playing tonight when I get home from work though since I'm off Mon/Tuesday I'll be playing tomorrow and Tuesday for sure.

Top Bottom