• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Spotting vehicles seems to be a foreign concept for these randoms. Get attacked because I don't fucking know they're going down the hill the other way. Spot vehicle on hill no one pays attention.

ARGHARGHARGHARGHARGHARGH.

In their defense, I should've known better and parked at that spot because I didn't think they'd shove a tank down that one way and get it through the rocks (I never can) but apparently these level 100 clanfucks did. Ugh.

And that Metro round was AWFUL. Swarm tactics while we're out-numbered. ChristianBaleGOODFORYOU.jpg that you're able to do that shit. *yawn*

Bo and I got like 10 rounds won 3 rounds lost. Faceless joined for like 6 won 3 lost. I got an extra one or two before Bo joined from that FSFV or whatever clan I switched two since DICE put me on a dumbass squad on Epicenter and they had the tank to where I switched, spawned on it. Got in, armed. Shot a few dudes, revived them. Get taken out and we take the crates with like 15-25 tickets left and then proceeded to roll down the map with a little struggle.

RoKKeR

Do you peasants want to organize a Bad Company 1 game night soon? The main menu song popped into my head and now I really want to play.

Would you guys be up for it?

TheSeks

No one but Faceless and I play BC1 and Faceless stopped a few years back and I stopped after getting Platinum in it. I would love to go back but I remember the squad system being funky as hell (and 1943 didn't fix it, BC2-BF3 did) and the spawns on closest to objective screwing people over now and then.

RoKKeR

No one but Faceless and I play BC1 and Faceless stopped a few years back and I stopped after getting Platinum in it. I would love to go back but I remember the squad system being funky as hell (and 1943 didn't fix it, BC2-BF3 did) and the spawns on closest to objective screwing people over now and then.
Ah, that's too bad. Impressive that you got Platinum though. I really should have played more of it but my left thumb disagreed.

Might throw it in for an hour or so after I'm done w/Halo.

TheSeks

omg DAT SEVEN KILL STREAK on that first objective on Epicenter. too bad we lost in the end...

Yeah, that's partially my fault. Somehow (I dunno how) you two got up on the roof and I kept spawning into my death from the top player on their team no matter what the fuck I did. Tried to arm and he somehow came around a corner and popped me with no one noticing. Otherwise we'd have had B and held it.

TheSeks

Faceless Master: Fighting auto-balance since 2007.

(Also they would've won if I didn't switch over and start to bleed them, BTW.)

And... that's Karma for all the teamswitching Faceless did.

So which updates can I delete on my 360?

I read that I can delete update 5 because 6 had it.

Also, I'm reading I can delete the rent a server/esports thing without any implications. Is that true?

^^^^^^^^^^^^

and for 360 peeps wondering...

to play online you need:

Battlefield 3 Title Update (201MB)

Multiplayer Update 6 (2.0GB)

and to play certain expansion maps you need:

Battlefield 3 Update (2.1GB) = Back To Karkand

Multiplayer Update 3 (2.4GB) = Close Quarters

Armored Kill (1.6GB) = Armored Kill

Aftermath (1.6GB) = Aftermath

End Game (1.8GB) = End Game

Faceless Master: Fighting auto-balance since 2007.

(Also they would've won if I didn't switch over and start to bleed them, BTW.)

And... that's Karma for all the teamswitching Faceless did.

hey now, i was trying to play with my former 360bro Shambo, the game was really hating on us.

deadlast

Hey guys, how fast do matches load up on the PSN for BF3? I'm playing on the PC now and I have to wait forever, it seems for BF3 to start and to get into a game. I'm asking because I'm planning to make the jump to PSN when the PS4 drops.

TheSeks

I can beast with the PP-19 as well, but I absolutely HATE it. I got good with it only because that PP-19 assignment for the camo. But now a days I don't really touch it.

But it was hilarious to have entire teams switch to the PP-19 as I mown them down five times over in the course of a round just to attempt to kill me with it.

olimpia84

Those side stairs are a preferred spot by randoms. Good if you're on the other team though, just throw a grenade and get easy kills xD

TheSeks

If you're on the US team of Metro, you're gonna have a bad time.

Double so if it's anything above 100%. WHY.jpg

vixlar

I don't see it posted, but in battlelog theres is an article that says which files we can delete on Xbox360:

These packages can safely be removed from your Xbox 360 hard drive:
Rent a Server/E-sports Update (1.1GB)
Multiplayer Update 4 (1.5GB)
Multiplayer Update 5 (1.8GB)

You should not remove any other files from your HDD as the other packages are required to run Battlefield 3 and its expansion packs/DLC files.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2925730254951303455/

(maybe it asks for user login)

TheSeks

Olimpia really should play Rush. Metro, Kharg (fucking hate this map at times), Bazaar camping in 3-flag babby team deathmatch mode gets a little ZZzzzzz at times. Though that team massing at B on Metro and taking it (only for us to "fuck that, we'll take C and continue to bleed you!") was pretty intense. More so that I was attempting to get the B2K semi-auto shotgun assignment done in that round.

olimpia84

Olimpia really should play Rush. Metro, Kharg (fucking hate this map at times), Bazaar camping in 3-flag babby team deathmatch mode gets a little ZZzzzzz at times. Though that team massing at B on Metro and taking it (only for us to "fuck that, we'll take C and continue to bleed you!") was pretty intense. More so that I was attempting to get the B2K semi-auto shotgun assignment done in that round.

The opposition were all low-level randoms. It's no different in Rush when you face an easy team, all you have to do is walk up to the mcom and arm it, rinse and repeat; it's also pretty 'zzzz'. Next time we need to look for more competitive servers to make it interesting.

TheSeks

True. But camping gets a little older in Conquest. At least in Rush I can bring the fight right up to their line and punish them for not coming out. Conquest isn't exactly the same.

TheSeks

That loss... so stupid. We were under their team numbers and facing clantards. Start to abuse destruction and people won't swarm on that one crate (despite it being "open air" and able to be seen from five different areas) and focus on that one. Nope. Get split where it's like 10% hard 90% easy and still get owned after they take the easy one. Ugh.

olimpia84

5 vs 9 on Conquest Assault Wake Island against a bunch of lvls 100 for most of the round?? No problem. Oh, and I even got two dogtags out of them trollface.jpg

8Nfm1MM.jpg

LOL

TheSeks

Yeah, I got that in BC1 when I was nearly platinum. I basically told them to fuck off and blocked them.

That SNSD clan on Metro. Intense. I mean we'd get up there, I'd see them, try to fire on them only for 2-3 to fire on me at the same time, instantly killing me. Ugh.

Yeah, I got that in BC1 when I was nearly platinum. I basically told them to fuck off and blocked them.

That SNSD clan on Metro. Intense. I mean we'd get up there, I'd see them, try to fire on them only for 2-3 to fire on me at the same time, instantly killing me. Ugh.

i think we could have won that game if some more of the smurfs played the objective. i really liked the part where i launched all my grenades and most of my LVG ammo into the bathroom when the other team was trying to disarm.

TheSeks

i think we could have won that game if some more of the smurfs played the objective. i really liked the part where i launched all my grenades and most of my LVG ammo into the bathroom when the other team was trying to disarm.

Yeah, I spawned on you threw a grenade in there got taken out (despite planting my face on the traintracks). Olimpia and Dan were in there (CRAZY, last time I was in there Olimpia armed, I tried to set up and got mown down trying to throw a grenade out the door. Seriously, WTF is with the insta-deaths I had that round?), I took out a disarmer from the grave and the crate exploded. INTENSE.

But then that third set... man... I HATE that part of the Rush attack, it and the fourth set. But the fourth set isn't as bad as a meat-grinder as B third set.

I'm also utterly amazed Olimpia was able to get up there and arm 3 times (thereby me rushing up to my death and no one else going up there to save him besides us) on that crate. I smoked the stairs from a wall trying to block their view of grenades and I guess I smoked it up enough (along with Olimpia?) for him to sneak by and take the long way to B.

But it doesn't help their entire team was on the floor and spawn-camping us while I was trying to half-clear, half-pass in a panic.

olimpia84

I don't know if we would have won that Op Metro game but I was 1 second away from preventing them disarming the B mcom. After I armed it for the last time and got killed, Dan placed a spawn beacon right behind the mcom, he got killed, then spawned in his beacon, killed that guy and when I was JUST about to kill two guys disarming the mcom the game ended :(

TheSeks

Yeah, I spawned on Dan's beacon with like 1 ticket left, revived him after he died. Saw you die and somehow with 1 ticket left (I guess the disarm? it happened so quick I wasn't even sure if that was the case) they won.

TheSeks

7 of them suddenly become 0 = they mad.

Dan and I revive leapfrogging each other with Smoke would've made Olimpia proud.

---

Slowly bleeding a team of 3 with a team of 4 on Defense on Damavand Peak. What does Faceless and the two randoms do despite them COMING TO US?

*Helicopter spawns*

DERP HERP LET'S ALL GET IN IT!

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DO--" A HAS BEEN ARMED!

*3 of them are on it mow me down*

B HAS BEEN ARMED!

*get C4'd attempting to take it out, Faceless and the rest don't attempt to clear and attempt to disarm*

HELICOPTER IS NEVER FUCKING IMPORTANT BECAUSE IT CAN'T ARM/DISARM CRATES AND IF THEY ARE COMING TO US LET THEM. DON'T GO TO THEIR FUCKING BASE EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER IF THEY'RE IN OURS!

*bangs head into keyboard*

*breathe*

That said the that clan on on Operation Firestorm Defense was hilarious, even with cheese (spawning on the oil stacks) I was mowing them down as fast as I could. Next round on Metro we move through their team pretty easy and they all quit.

Oh man, I missed out on TDM action? I already had the medal but I would've played TDM with you if I wasn't feeling slightly bad today.

not regular TDM, TDM16 aka TDMCQ, and i was playing on 360, already did it on PS3.

managed to find a 50% ticket server with a rotation of bazaar and canals. my team won most of the games.

honestly, i have no idea why there is a separate ribbon/medal for 16 player team deathmatch.

TheSeks

Probably because it is it's own "mode" but weirdly they don't have a medal for Conquest Assault, probably because it adds into Conquest rotations and has Conquest variants (3 flag though) for B2K maps. Also just got my 6 MVP medal. Olimpia and I had to get our team on board at getting B both 3-4th sets first on Metro attack after you left. Burned like 10-40 tickets each but as soon as people finally got the idea that "hey, that dude ordering commands on the hardest one and not the other one (someone squad commanded A) is a bright guy, maybe we should help him!" we got B and then A got promptly armed and held quickly.

I forgot how fun TDM is, but it's fucking stupid that recon and their teams can get to places that normally can't be accessed due to paradrop spawning. So fucking stupid.

TheSeks

There are people who pay attention to the 'orders' of the squad leader?

If they're smart and pay attention to the fact Olimpia and I choo-choo-smoked to B five times and Olimpia armed it (only for me to die trying to rush in and set up behind him) and had it disarmed, yes.

As it is, people will start to generally issue orders once someone (read: me) does it and starts to top the leader-board because it's FUCKING FREE POINTS. WHY THE FUCK DO NONE OF YOU ISSUE COMMANDS. JESUS CHRIST. *RAGE*

That Operation Firestorm game was hilarious but annoying. They kept capping flags and I kept having to spawn at our base to grab a tank to cap the flags they were capping. Olimpia and Faceless stayed at B/C to attempt to defend it and I'd go around A/B/C (mostly A/B) to cap to bleed.

They nearly had us until I sat on C, Olimpia or our random squad mate spawned at A, capped it. Random spawned on me, we cap C and then blew past them at like 29 tickets left. Insane.

Got the MVP out of that for doing a few tank kills and just capping flags. Despite being C4'd.

There are people who pay attention to the 'orders' of the squad leader?

I don't think anyone really "hears" the orders, much like nobody seems to hear the requests for "fucking ammo," but they're free points for the squad leader and the people who carry them out. It might be the only way you earn the Defending and Attacking ribbons as well.

Top Bottom