• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
No, you can get attack/defend with no orders issued. So long as you're at the objective and attack/defending the objective you get the ribbons.

But I mark objectives to point to my squad what the hardest crate to take is and why I want to attack/defend that FIRST over the easier one. Because as soon as that one is taken the set is mostly going to be lost unless our team of dumbasses have dug into the easy crate hardcore and are holding on.

Why people attack A third set Metro is beyond me. Unless you're doing it to get attention away from B, YOU HAVE 75 TICKETS. THAT ONE IS EASY TO GET TO. B is COVERED BY THREE WALLS. Therefore it's harder to arm and hold. GET THAT ONE. GOD.

TheSeks

indeed. that game didn't feel close at all but it was

It really just goes to show that capping the flags for 2/3 or 3/4 caps for bleed is more important than outright killing it seems. Once you have the bleed so long as your team isn't dying so much it should punch through the deficit.\

I have no clue what the team was doing while I was busy getting the tank and trying to haul ass with it, but man...

olimpia84

It's so damn irritating trying to find a good server early in the morning. I have my filters set for CQ/CQA only in South/East US and this the list I get every time:

NOSHAR CANALS 500% NO IGLA/STINGER
GULF OMAN 300% 24/7
NOSHAR CANALS ALL DAY NO STINGER 300%
CASPIAN 500% NO JET RAMMING, NO C4, NO SHOTGUN
BIG MAPS - SNIPERS WELCOME MAX TICKETS!!
CONQUEST BEST MAPS NO LVL 100 ALLOWED

TheSeks

It's so damn irritating trying to find a good server early in the morning. I have my filters set for CQ/CQA only in South/East US and this the list I get every time:

GULF OMAN 300% 24/7

It's the same for Rush. I really wish there was a filter to filter out custom/private/rent-a-servers. I want [DICE]/EA/P#'s only due to the fact I don't trust the community to be nice and police their servers without stupid ass-rules and I have to wade through that shit. It's why we had that rotation of Classic because it was the first DICE server I found and just jumped into (after you joined the previous metro team and I left in annoyance because you and the joiners finally stopped that team cold) last night.

I'll admit: Having TDM in the rotation is nice, but when it's just Metro (oy), Kharg (don't like but it isn't a bad map), and Caspian (great, but I get a little tired of it on Conquest), Op Firestorm going around in rotation it gets a little old...

JJD

What is your favorite TDM map Seks?

I always liked Canals and Kharg!

Man I miss playing with you guys... =(

TheSeks

I like Tehran Highway on TDM. It splits the spawns pretty well and if one team goes for the others spawns, the team being camped will generally spawn in the other side. I haven't ran into situations where teams can paradrop into places that can't be normally accessed (see: roof of last set in Rush Kharg and the Crane of Norshal) like I have on the other maps, so it's a basic deathmatch you and everyone else killing map for me.

Wake isn't bad on TDM if I remember right as well. I haven't played TDM enough to play it on the expansion maps to give an accurate opinion. Maybe that's something Faceless, Olimpia and I should do tonight...

I know it's not a popular opinion but I don't really like End Games Rush variants. I know, I know, it's like BC2 to where it's open but that's the problem. Helicopters go back to being FUCKING ANNOYING AS SHIT spinning around your base and people paradropping in from it (as we had that one Rush game) makes it impossible to defend at times.

It's a gift and a curse. Mostly toward the curse.

GULF OMAN 300% 24/7

that's the worst... i'm so close now... 99 on PS3, 97 on 360...

and my package shipped...

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Oh... niiiice.

I've been tempted to do it myself... too lazy though. Thank Cerny for PS4.

TheSeks

I'll have to remember not to run my mouth too much when I play with you haha...

Pfft, run your mouth. It's not like Faceless has the Team Chat on.

(And I'll be sure to spam him with messages)

As it is I'm still in the 40s. Leveling up takes forever unless you want to abuse Metro Conquest as a medic which isn't something I want to do.

As it is, I'm consoled by the fact that I'm level Colonel 40. Which would roughly be the same in regards to BC2's Level 50 General of the Army.

olimpia84

Let me know if you're recording footage while we play faceless, that way I'll try (keyword: try) to keep the vid E for Everyone lol

TheSeks

Let me know if you're recording footage while we play faceless, that way I'll try (keyword: try) to keep the vid E for Everyone lol

I'm sure he'll turn voice chat off to keep you guys safe from Youtube. However in my case...

Evolved1

I haven't played this in weeks... I'll be on this weekend and looking for you guys.

Got that itch again.

TheSeks

Lag. Reason why I'm in the Negatives and quit in rage. Stupid ass emptying an entire clip into someone only for them to pin-point accuracy me 5 damn times since I'm the only one hanging back for the flag they're going toward to try to catch them. *sigh*

Hopefully when the connection isn't being tied up I'll be able to play. I should really lock my network down for these streaming too much situations. :/

TheSeks

He paid $1000 because he has a sugar daddy, son. ;)

(;__;)

Also Evolved left right before I had a round where I went with the LAV and armed with the squad I switched back to. I didn't think you'd leave for doing that since I was going to reinvite you over due to the auto-balance but fuck defending again. I wasn't going to do that when I knew that team would probably get in unlike that one we were autobalanced to.

Really, nothing grinds my gears on that map more than people holding the LAV back. It's like "really, dude? You can't arm the crates, you might as well help provide armor and fire support for the ones that can!"

Edit: Balled so hard the game crashed before the results screen was shown that round. AWESOME.

olimpia84

Watching those high level clantards rage quit on Caspian was glorious. We went from having no flags to base trapping them and winning by 74 tickets.

TheSeks

Watching those high level clantards rage quit on Caspian was glorious. We went from having no flags to base trapping them and winning by 74 tickets.

Huh? Unless you played within the past hour, you mean Sharqi?

Evolved1

He paid $1000 because he has a sugar daddy, son. ;)

(;__;)

Also Evolved left right before I had a round where I went with the LAV and armed with the squad I switched back to. I didn't think you'd leave for doing that since I was going to reinvite you over due to the auto-balance but fuck defending again. I wasn't going to do that when I knew that team would probably get in unlike that one we were autobalanced to.

Really, nothing grinds my gears on that map more than people holding the LAV back. It's like "really, dude? You can't arm the crates, you might as well help provide armor and fire support for the ones that can!"

Edit: Balled so hard the game crashed before the results screen was shown that round. AWESOME.

I actually had to leave just then... or it would have been some point during the round. Sorry to leave you hanging, but irl and stuff, you know?

Anyway, I will take losses. Only time I quit out is after a few in a row with a really poor team. And I will usually quit if I join a lopsided server, and go try to find a more balanced game.

I realized one day that not a single human being on Earth besides myself has ever looked at my w/l, k/d, or any of that other stuff. So whatever. I still try to win every game, but if it doesn't happen, oh well.

I have to say, surprised not to read a diatribe about getting us killed in the chopper straightaway on Wake Assault. I completely forgot (don't play that map much) they had an AA... oops! I was like, "Great, can't wait to read what a dipshit I am on gaf tomorrow!" haha

If that's the round we played together... that was great man. Great way to get back into the game. They had player count advantage entire round (but their best players were up in the air) we owned their crap tank pilots... once we took Delta from them, it was over. And a few mins later after destroying everything leaving their base, high-lvl's started quitting. Felt good man.

edit: FYI if you see me on in the next couple hours, I'm screwing around in empties. Saw some stuff in a PC vid and wondering if it's possible on consoles.

olimpia84

If that's the round we played together... that was great man. Great way to get back into the game. They had player count advantage entire round (but their best players were up in the air) we owned their crap tank pilots... once we took Delta from them, it was over. And a few mins later after destroying everything leaving their base, high-lvl's started quitting. Felt good man.

edit: FYI if you see me on in the next couple hours, I'm screwing around in empties. Saw some stuff in a PC vid and wondering if it's possible on consoles.

Yes, that's the round. It was tough since it was pretty much us two doing the work since Skeleton and *cough* Seks *cough* quit.

TheSeks

To be fair, I forgot about the AA as well as I was focused on the helicopter to try to take it out THEN take the AA out. But I guess the AA pilot was smarter than I give most randoms for and they spotted us. I was like "WHAT THE FUCK IS STILL LOCKING ONTO U-- OH!"

Evolved1

To be fair, I forgot about the AA as well as I was focused on the helicopter to try to take it out THEN take the AA out. But I guess the AA pilot was smarter than I give most randoms for and they spotted us. I was like "WHAT THE FUCK IS STILL LOCKING ONTO U-- OH!"

Yeah, I thought I had the other chopper... I should have realized though, that the lock came too early (I hadn't locked him yet) so when I used the ECM, it was actually to break the AA lock (iirc) and at that point, well... shit.

As we're blowing up I'm imagining the post I'm going to read on gaf lol. I mean it was spectacularly noobish of me.

TheSeks

it still amazes me that so few people understand the concept of a simple mode like Tank Superiority.

You're still going for that? I still need to get the tank destroyer leveled up...

Anyway, I'll be probably playing Rush in like ~15 mins or so if anyone wants to hop on.

TheSeks

FACK and MIA are THEY MAD.

7 vs 12. TEAMS? TEAMS? ANYONE?

(And this is after we speed capped their asses)

olimpia84

FACK and MIA are THEY MAD.

7 vs 12. TEAMS? TEAMS? ANYONE?

(And this is after we speed capped their asses)

We won all but one of the games against them (lost the one where you *cough* quit, and just barely). What a fucking awful pair of clans...they focused on trolling and stealing our vehicles, which granted, was annoying as hell but were not good at getting the flags.
After all of GAF quit after beating them over and over again I switched to their team and unloaded on them telling how much they fucking suck...lmao, they were like "oh so what we got your tag and teabagged you and your buddies lol lol" What a bunch of fucking idiots, can't believe they sucked so much.

BoatAck

We won all but one of the games against them (lost the one where you *cough* quit, and just barely). What a fucking awful pair of clans...they focused on trolling and stealing our vehicles, which granted, was annoying as hell but were not good at getting the flags.
After all of GAF quit after beating them over and over again I switched to their team and unloaded on them telling how much they fucking suck...lmao, they were like "oh so what we got your tag and teabagged you and your buddies lol lol" What a bunch of fucking idiots, can't believe they sucked so much.

Sounded like fun! What was the deal with that Jason10v guy on Saturday? He sounded pretty pissed at you guys when I ended up on his team on the Karkand match. I looked back at battlelog and saw that he was on your squad with you, dan, and cod for most of the matches before that.

TheSeks

I idled. But you can call it a quit, whatever. I wasn't going to sit there and spawn to my death for an entire round when it was 2:1 player ratio. Not fun for me.

But yeah, I'm surprised that they kept coming into our bases just to grab vehicles. If they didn't do that they'd have easily capped our flags at times.

olimpia84

Sounded like fun! What was the deal with that Jason10v guy on Saturday? He sounded pretty pissed at you guys when I ended up on his team on the Karkand match. I looked back at battlelog and saw that he was on your squad with you, dan, and cod for most of the matches before that.

He joined my squad which had Dan and Codmaul.
We're pretty much steamrolling and winning all the CQ rounds easily, yet he starts whining about a few things.
In a Wake Island CQA round he really starts bitching and calling Cod and Dan names for not helping him (for no reason since we were completely dominating and winning by a million tickets).
I turn my headset on and tell him to get the fuck out of my squad or switch teams...Dan starts yelling at him as well so he switches team like an idiot and sends me a PM saying "here we go" (implying like he was going to turn things around...lol).
Next round we rape his team in Gulf of Oman, I send him a message saying "said what?" and he replies "but I killed u".
Next round we get paired with every single scrub and then you join so his team barely wins (thanks boa >.>)
Next round he ends up in our team and starts talking shit on team chat and Dan flips out completelt. Basically from that point on it was all of us talking shit and yelling at each other xD

tl;dr an annoying dude that started talking shit and we showed him when he switched teams

olimpia84

I idled. But you can call it a quit, whatever. I wasn't going to sit there and spawn to my death for an entire round when it was 2:1 player ratio. Not fun for me.

But yeah, I'm surprised that they kept coming into our bases just to grab vehicles. If they didn't do that they'd have easily capped our flags at times.

You should have hung out longer, they sucked really bad and we barely lost that round. Not only did we only had 6 people, but 2 on our team were useless snipers and still gave them a good fight. With you in our team we would have won, no question about it.

He joined my squad which had Dan and Codmaul.
We're pretty much steamrolling and winning all the CQ rounds easily, yet he starts whining about a few things.
In a Wake Island CQA round he really starts bitching and calling Cod and Dan names for not helping him (for no reason since we were completely dominating and winning by a million tickets).
I turn my headset on and tell him to get the fuck out of my squad or switch teams...Dan starts yelling at him as well so he switches team like an idiot and sends me a PM saying "here we go" (implying like he was going to turn things around...lol).
Next round we rape his team in Gulf of Oman, I send him a message saying "said what?" and he replies "but I killed u".
Next round we get paired with every single scrub and then you join so his team barely wins (thanks boa >.>)
Next round he ends up in our team and starts talking shit on team chat and Dan flips out completelt. Basically from that point on it was all of us talking shit and yelling at each other xD

tl;dr an annoying dude that started talking shit and we showed him when he switched teams

Top Bottom