• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks said:
You have to wait until the next map loads or quit to dashboard. Yes, it's the stupid and it's been there since BC1. No, DICE probably never will fix it. dealwithit.gif

Thanks man.

DICE...so precise with some things and then with others... o_O

It's not a deal breaker. I'm actually really enjoying this game. I was number two on the scoreboard last night with zero kills. Not that this is me bragging. I'm just fairly inept at competitive FPS' but this game...I can experience and not feel completely useless. in fact...I was pretty valuable in a couple fights. :)

Teamwork FTW.

Jas

TheSeks said:
You have to wait until the next map loads or quit to dashboard. Yes, it's the stupid and it's been there since BC1. No, DICE probably never will fix it. dealwithit.gif

The funny thing is the PC version was the same exact way in the beta, people complained, and they did fix it in retail that you can quit right after the round.

Not sure why they haven't implemented that for the console versions.

Good games tonight PS3 GAF!

rdrr gnr

Every single one of my deaths was horse shit on Kharg Island. I have no control over my pilot, I was attempting to invite evolved at D, and then I spawned right in front of the patriots tank.

Milly79

Feels good to snipe someone top down on Dava peak. Was only 400+ marksman, but it was sweet.

Also fun sniping a gunner out of the heli with a tank.

Why are they nerfing the stingers and making the Jets more powerful? It's hard as hell to even hit the jets as they can maneuver out of the stingers range, and also have flares. Pub Rush with jets so dumb when your teammates can't even assist you in taking them down.

JJD

Finally done all co op on hard. Thanks to Dreamgazer for being my pilot on the chopper one. I'm just missing the trophy on the sniper mission. I kept screwing up on that plaza right before the final sniper nest... :-(

I only need something like 30.000 points to unlock the last gun too!

Been playing (assault) recon lately until I unlock the MAV, and while I can see the usefulness of the class it's just ain't for me...

My skill stat dropped almost 100 points when I started doing recon, but now it's back to it's usual 450-500 points average. I really shouldn't bother with every other stat besides W/L but I just can't help it...

And I still need 5 ribbons...the knife one (I'll do this eventually, missed the count on how many games I managed to knife 3 guys), the 6 air kill ones (need help from a pilot on MP! Dreamgazer, Evolved and Bruiserk send me a PSN message whenever you fell like piloting, I'll gun for you, and I already have the flares unlocked!), the 2 kills with emplaced weapons, and I'm forgetting the other 2...

Battlelog // Games won't fill if it's too lopsided, people will just quit out. When it became unbalanced on the Caspian Map, I didn't switch initially, because I stuck w/ Mr. Affluenza (who even switched to my side many games ago because it was unbalanced!) and olimpia84 (who joined later). Once we started winning Caspian, everyone switched to our team. It was a server from Europe that I initially joined w/ meppi and Mr. Affluenza. It's 8 GAF (9 people I know) in a team of 11 total vs. 2 GAF (2 team) total. NOT FUN.

Battlelog // My favorite was when I could have had a team of 7 vs 8, but TheSeks (Sekoku) switched to the other side early... to be with the other GAF members and... all so he could go 0-4 and score 46 points the whole game.

Congratulations on your wins!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
CharlesSurge said:
[Battlelog // My favorite was when I could have had a team of 7 vs 8, but TheSeks switched to the other side early... to be with the other GAF members and... all so he could go 0-4 and score 46 points the whole game.

I was trying to go for air kills. BUT NO ONE WOULD PILOT, hence suicide. The team we were originally on gave me ONE kill and then he was all DERP WHATS A GUNNER so I "SMH" and quit and joined the other team.

In any case: Fersis hassle DICE and figure out what the "no alert" threshold is. Me and someone can fire a millisecond to a second after the other and be in alert mode which is fucking stupid and a con against some of us that are disabled. >:|

rdrr gnr

Wow. I just joined GAF's game and lost. I didn't even see the spawn screen. The moment I hit enter, I heard Battlelog update, and boom -- another loss.

THANKS DICE

FINALBOSS

Banned
ANYONE ON PS3 wanna grind out the Co-Op guns by just doing a marathon session of the first co-op mission on Easy? It's gonna take me forever doing it with randoms.

PSN: FLNALBOSS

I'm on right now. Friend request me or something and let's knock these bad boys out.

MuseManMike said:
Wow. I just joined GAF's game and lost. I didn't even see the spawn screen. The moment I hit enter, I heard Battlelog update, and boom -- another loss.

THANKS DICE

GAF has a server for consoles??? 360 or PS3?

olimpia84

CharlesSurge said:
Battlelog // Games won't fill if it's too lopsided, people will just quit out. When it became unbalanced on the Caspian Map, I didn't switch initially, because I stuck w/ Mr. Affluenza (who even switched to my side many games ago because it was unbalanced!) and olimpia84 (who joined later). Once we started winning Caspian, everyone switched to our team. It was a server from Europe that I initially joined w/ meppi and Mr. Affluenza. It's 8 GAF (9 people I know) in a team of 11 total vs. 2 GAF (2 team) total. NOT FUN.

Battlelog // My favorite was when I could have had a team of 7 vs 8, but TheSeks (Sekoku) switched to the other side early... to be with the other GAF members and... all so he could go 0-4 and score 46 points the whole game.

This shit needs to stop. It's really annoying because I hate playing games of 10 vs 4 people...seriously what's the point? Where's the challenge in doing that? Oh, I get it, it's the damn W/L ratio. I said before and I'll say it again, most of the W/L ratio stats for gaffers is pure bullshit. About to lose? Quit the game. Join a team that doesn't look powerful? Quit the game. Join a team full of gaffers against some poor leveled randoms? LETS DO IT, EASY WIN.

There's nothing wrong with quitting if you join a game and you find yourself in a team of like 4 people against 12. That's not fun at all and I've been there many times before. But today for example, the game did a good 'job' of breaking the GAF team into two and even it out with randoms. Everything was set for a good 'close' game but then people start quitting and joining the other team (cough* Sekoku cough*mikeymouse). Seriously guys, no one gives a damn about your W/L. We know it's botched and fake. Anybody can raise their W/L by quitting and quitting and quitting until joining a good team.

Props to CharlesSurge, Azrim and whoever other gaffer that decided to stay in the other team. Here's a tip for next time though: just quit the game and save yourself the frustration of being stuck in your own base spawn.

TheSeks

Then switch teams. Because auto-balance suddenly throwing 8 GAF vs 2-4 GAF (and generally that includes me) in a 5-10 balance match is hilariously AWFUL.

Besides, I switched because I was attempting to get airkills on that map. Dude on the other team wasn't even attempting to help or get anything done. Screw sitting there in a coffin for five+ minutes getting nothing done.

Besides, might as well play Rush since servers with you will generally clear out in five minutes after everyone else joins up.

rdrr gnr

olimpia84 said:
This shit needs to stop. It's really annoying because I hate playing games of 10 vs 4 people...seriously what's the point? Where's the challenge in doing that? Oh, I get it, it's the damn W/L ratio. I said before and I'll say it again, most of the W/L ratio stats for gaffers is pure bullshit. About to lose? Quit the game. Join a team that doesn't look powerful? Quit the game. Join a team full of gaffers against some poor leveled randoms? LETS DO IT, EASY WIN.

There's nothing wrong with quitting if you join a game and you find yourself in a team of like 4 people against 12. That's not fun at all and I've been there many times before. But today for example, the game did a good 'job' of breaking the GAF team into two and even it out with randoms. Everything was set for a good 'close' game but then people start quitting and joining the other team (cough* Sekoku cough*mikeymouse). Seriously guys, no one gives a damn about your W/L. We know it's botched and fake. Anybody can raise their W/L by quitting and quitting and quitting until joining a good team.
Do I look like a fucking masochist to you? If I'm going to get steamrolled, I'm going to leave. I only have so many hours a day I can play -- if I'm going to play -- I'm going to have fun and it's going to be with my friends. If that means backing out and joining again; I'm going to do it every single time with absolutely no regrets. I joined the platoon to play with people, not against them. I get absolutely no pleasure out of beating a good team and I couldn't give two shits about a challenge.

My W/L is god-like and it makes my dick hard.

Edit: Besides, I take my loss if I lose with GAF. Ask Dream.

olimpia84

TheSeks said:
Then switch teams.
I did, I joined CharlesSurge games because his team was severely unbalanced (I think it was just him and Afluenza from GAF and then 3 or 4 low level randoms). Then lo and behold what happens? We start winning and some people switch over.

After that round Ithink I was thrown in the other team and then everybody switches over again leaving two gaffers by themselves, even after the fact that the game did a decent job of even out the teams at the start of the match (I'm talking about that Seine Crossing game).[/quote]

Because auto-balance suddenly throwing 8 GAF vs 2-4 GAF (and generally that includes me) in a 5-10 balance match is hilariously AWFUL.

Happened to me a few times earlier this afternoon. In fact, it was just me and randoms against an entire 8/9 person GAF team. We got crushed in Tehran Highway but I stuck with it and moved to the other team when I had the chance. You just have to dealwithit.gif

Besides, I switched because I was attempting to get airkills on that map. Dude on the other team wasn't even attempting to help or get anything done. Screw sitting there in a coffin for five+ minutes getting nothing done.

You worry too much about that ribbon. You'll get it eventually by naturally playing the game.

Besides, might as well play Rush since servers with you will generally clear out in five minutes after everyone else joins up.

I don't mind clearing servers with other gaffers helping, it's really fun and the whole point of all of us playing together. In fact, that's my ultimate goal when playing Conquest: play aggressive, cap the flags as soon as possible and strangle the opposing team in their own spawn with no chance of winning the game. All of that it's fun but gets really boring when the other team has zero chance from the get-go and that's what happen today (hence my small rant). And it didn't happen because we, GAF, cleared the servers. It happened because some people kept switching breaking the balance of the game immediately.

TheSeks

I wouldn't go that far (about W/L, which I can't really care about). But yeah: Join a game that's 8-12GAFvs12 randoms.

Suddenly the game is autobalanced:

8GAF vs 4GAF+2 or so randoms.

Randoms either leave or people leave to rejoin.

Suddenly at the start of the round it's 8-12GAF vs 2GAF (generally including me on that end with Olimpia and others on the other end).

Fuck that. The servers will never refill. Might as well attempt to get what I need out of the deal while the tickets bleed over an eventual loss.

And if you're going to name names Olimpia, you should be throwing Dan out there. Joins your team as soon as he's able even if we're winning in ticket count. Why? So suddenly your team has a 2+ member advantage when the teams were ABSOLUTELY even.

Fuck Conquest and fuck that auto-balance shit when people are just going to switch and throw the member advantage of capturing flags to the other teams favor. Conquest becomes BROKEN because more members on the other team than yours = more attackers and more flags captured. Fact. You can sit here and go "NO IT ISN'T AND YOU SHOULD STICK IT OUT" and that's great for you and happy for you and will let you finish, but playing with randoms like that does NOT pull out a miracle against GAF and you.

You just have to dealwithit.gif

I'll deal with it when people stop teamstacking. Not going to do that? Then I'll teamstack as well, because fuck attempting to play when servers will NEVER refill again and I'm suddenly playing against 5+ more members than there are people on my team.

olimpia84

MuseManMike said:
Do I look like a fucking masochist to you? If I'm going to get steamrolled, I'm going to leave.
And how exactly do you know that? Today's game in Seine Crossing started with (I believe) 8 people on each side and (I believe, again) even number of gaffers on each team. Then everybody switched and left Azrim with some other gaffer by themselves.

I joined the platoon to play with people, not against them.
Well, me too. But if you get thrown into the opposite team and said team has a decent chance of winning, stick with it and don't ruin the experience for the people in that team.[/quote]

I get absolutely no pleasure out of beating a good team and I couldn't give two shits about a challenge.

I'm the complete opposite. Then again, I was the weirdo that enjoyed the most playing against level 50 pro clans in BC2 and playing Conquest games where you join and find all them flags capped by the enemy.

My W/L is god-like and it makes my dick hard.

Your W/L is fake. We all know it, so just get over it.

olimpia84

TheSeks said:
Fuck Conquest and fuck that auto-balance shit when people are just going to switch and throw the member advantage of capturing flags to the other teams favor. Conquest becomes BROKEN because more members on the other team than yours = more attackers and more flags captured. Fact. You can sit here and go "NO IT ISN'T AND YOU SHOULD STICK IT OUT" and that's great for you and happy for you and will let you finish, but playing with randoms like that does NOT pull out a miracle against GAF and you.

It's not a Conquest issue only. It can happen in Rush as well but it seems that GAF digs more Conquest than Rush in BF3 so we find ourselves playing it more often. And I agree 100% with you and in fact my first complain about this game was the whole breaking teams up at the end of the round. Things would have been much better if teams are left untouched at the end of the round like BC2 and have the game matchmaking add new teams every time one of them rage quits until finally a competent one shows up but unfortunately things aren't like that anymore.

I'll deal with it when people stop teamstacking. Not going to do that? Then I'll teamstack as well, because fuck attempting to play when servers will NEVER refill again and I'm suddenly playing against 5+ more members than there are people on my team.

Hey, I'm guilty of doing it sometimes as well because I like playing with you guys but when it gets like it did today it gets out of hand and offers no challenge whatsoever.

rdrr gnr

olimpia84 said:
And how exactly do you know that? Today's game in Seine Crossing started with (I believe) 8 people on each side and (I believe, again) even number of gaffers on each team. Then everybody switched and left Azrim with some other gaffer by themselves.
I didn't switch for Seine crossing or any time today. I genuinely left and rejoined at a later time because something came up.
Well, me too. But if you get thrown into the opposite team and said team has a decent chance of winning, stick with it and don't ruin the experience for the people in that team.
I've already said that I wouldn't leave my squad if we stay intact. It doesn't matter if we are destined to win or lose. And sometimes we do lose.
I'm the complete opposite. Then again, I was the weirdo that enjoyed the most playing against level 50 pro clans in BC2 and playing Conquest games where you join and find all them flags capped by the enemy.
There is obviously some reward for doing so (sure it can feel good), as is the nature of the gaming experience, but at the end of the day, I don't care who it is I win against as long as it was fun.

Your W/L is fake. We all know it, so just get over it.
I think you just need get over what other peoples' stats are in general and how they get them.

Ketch

I also like a challenge, but just like mikey I'm not gonna sit there and get rofl stomped by my own platoon. It is not fun.

I've ended up on the wrong side of the steamroller plenty of times though, mostly because I'm joining games where GAF has already cleared out the enemy team. But that's okay, I'll usually stick it out for that round knowing that they'll probably be a slot open when the next game starts... and then I try to join the team with the most GAF on it. I want to play with the people on friends list not against them, but I also don't sit there checking the scoreboard looking for an opportunity to stack the teams.

I play to win no matter who's on my team.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
GT LegitMASTERGING on 360, I'm up for getting in a squad with some gaffers, I've been playing quite a bit lately, it's nice to have some peeps to coordinate with.

MuseManMike said:
Shout out to Dreamgazer, Darkflow, and JJD. We won every game for the last three hours.

You were playing annoyingly "safe" today.
Trying to get the combat efficiency pin or something?
I mean there were even rounds where you pretty much did nothing.

Anyway. Thanks JJD for this game , killing you enough times to get my nemesis ribbon.

man, you guys are lucky. i was auto balanced to the team opposite some people on my friends list the the other day, and despite being down 2 players (10 vs 8) most of the game, my team barely won and then i got cursed out and kicked from the party chat!

then yesterday i got an invite to a game/party from a friend who wasn't there that day and i join the party/game and 2 of the people who were there that day immediately comment on the whole "who's side are you on?" thing despite it being a 10 vs 8 game in their favor!

so much pressure to stack teams!

JJD

Dreamgazer said:
You were playing annoyingly "safe" today.
Trying to get the combat efficiency pin or something?
I mean there were even rounds where you pretty much did nothing.

Anyway. Thanks JJD for this game , killing you enough times to get my nemesis ribbon.

Glad to be helpful.

meppi

olimpia84 said:

Props to CharlesSurge, Azrim and whoever other gaffer that decided to stay in the other team. Here's a tip for next time though: just quit the game and save yourself the frustration of being stuck in your own base spawn.

It's been that way for a long time hasn't it?
And I do agree with you here.
That's why I stated before that I'm a bit picky to which people I join in games. (doesn't mean that is you send me an invite and I don't join that you're one of them though. I'm just in another party)
It's usually the same crew that either quits because they'll have a couple extra L's to their stats along with some minus games, or they will be the ones who push to be able to spawn camp the other team, troll them and make them quit so they get even more easy Ws and a huge + to their K/D ratio.

The evening started out with Charles, Mancunian and myself teaming up.
We joined a terrible server where our team did nothing but sit in one big group at point A in Grand Bazar, while the other team did nothing but spam rockets and grenades at them from B.
They even got an armored vehicle at B to spam even more crap at them.
We played out the game and ended with a 158 man loss.
Next round Tehran Highway. Same thing starts to happen from the get-go Rockets are flying all around us from the moment we get halfway down to B.
Our team doesn't even seem to be following for the most part, so we leave the server and ask Charles to follow.

Went to a new server and stayed together for the rest of the night without any team switching or things like that.
In the end, yes when it was just us against 8 gaffers and mancunian decided to call it a night because he needed to get up in 6 hours, I left as well since I had the early shift this week and had been up for 21hours without sleep.

As it stands, you're either on the steamroll side or you're going to be the victim.
We left a lot of games in the past because it was a boring "let's spawn camp them guys" game over and over again, even though we lost a lot of matches due to it, we had a lot more fun.

Started my thoughts about splitting up the teams before, but anyone that mentions this get one or more replies like "that the way Gaf rolls" or "we can't help it that we're superior to everyone out there". /rolleyes
That or you get certain people that just have to prove how superior they are so the rest of the forum can praise them or something. :-/
Real fun in a team-based game...

*stare at this whole w/l bs bs*

Olimpia have already heard my whole speech about why w/l isn't just a complete set of BS before, so I'll save myself the trouble before I get labeled a compulsive quitter like Seks (j/k).

How about this-> anyone with a double digit quit% is not allowed to talk about w/l, regardless if you're for or against it. That would wipe a good amount of you out already >.>
(you all know you can check your quit percentage on the stat screen, right? Although I'm not sure how that works since I always have to get out of the game by quitting at the beginning of the round/shut off ps3 completely)

I take my w/l with pride, so a lost is a lost. Even when I was out numbered by gaffers + sekoku won't spawn (hey MVP!) or when people decided to be vehicle whores (I'll forgive you ribbon fanatics, for now). Heck my entire (7.0) w/l during the beta was largely against GAF...

The only thing I can say I'm personally guilty about when regards to w/l and team stacking - 1) is invite spamming people when I see myself in a bad team (most already know this behavior of mine by now.) 2)Go with whatever invites

That said people - I was very disappointed when we had to "rage quit" against the RPG clan the other day.

---------------------------------------------------------
So yeah, while we are talking about loads of BS:

I WANT TO PLAY RUSH.
However, it seems like most of gaf wants to play conquest and be in happy engineer/support heaven 24/7 instead. So I went along and the conquest marathon the past few days (even got booed the other night for suggesting rush.)

And you know what, to me, as much as I enjoy playing with you guys, I can't help but feel that...some of you just don't want to play rush cause you don't want to deal with the idea of needing to play different classes, needing to stop vehicle whoreing with no concern for tickets, needing to omg spawn on your squad mates for maximum benefit or worse - deal with the fact that you get owned on operation metro rush cause the other team knows how to play recon tactics better than you do.

Honestly, some of you

*waits for ban for being a jerk*

(note: none of it is being address to Olimpia XD)

meppi

Dreamgazer said:
*waits for ban for being a jerk*
Why the hell would anyone do such a thing? :-/

Anyway.
My dislike for rush comes down to one thing.
Having way too many BC2 games with gaffers where the enemy team doesn't even want to come out of their spawn anymore.
That got old real fast and soured the rush experience for me.
Still, I always enjoyed teaming up with rock since I knew that he wouldn't spawn camp the enemy into submission, no matter how good or bad things went.

For some reason, the conquest games had a better chance of being somewhat balanced. Or at least gave the opposing team a chance to cap a distant flag so the team needed to move their asses and didn't spawn camp the whole round.

Have to say that I hated Operation Metro after the beta and I still hate it today, in either mode.
So that's one more reason why I haven't played rush a lot.

The vehicle whoring does get annoying, I agree.
I love driving a tank, as I think I'm not too bad with one. But I have no problem whatsoever being a gunner, or doing footwork.
Had 2 clan guys in our team yesterday that ran for the tanks every single game and didn't do anything besides that.
If there were 2 tanks they would each take one and not even try to pick up anyone else.
Got really pissed at this, especially when they stole 2 tanks right in front of me, so I made a real dick move myself, which I'm not really proud of, but still think they deserved.

The driver (who wasn't doing a very good job) jumps out to repair the tank I'm in as a gunner, while his buddy is blasting away besides him in their second private tank squad.
So I switch seats. he jumps back in, I drive over to the furthest flag to try and take it and when we get there, he notices I'm not going to pop out again, so he bails and leaves me, running back to one of the captured bases. :-/
It's buttheads like that which I hate playing with or against. Only thing that mattered to them was to get on top of the leader board as they never took the time to defend a point or help the team when they were in need.
Just driving around looking for kills and point. pfff

Not sure how the quits statistic works. As far as I know I have actually quit 3, maybe 4 games so far to go look for another game. One of them was yesterday. Yet I'm at 13%.
Guess leaving the game when the round has just started counts after the load screen as well. Well, who cares really.

TheSeks

olimpia84 said:
It's not a Conquest issue only. It can happen in Rush as well but it seems that GAF digs more Conquest than Rush in BF3 so we find ourselves playing it more often. And I agree 100% with you and in fact my first complain about this game was the whole breaking teams up at the end of the round. Things would have been much better if teams are left untouched at the end of the round like BC2 and have the game matchmaking add new teams every time one of them rage quits until finally a competent one shows up but unfortunately things aren't like that anymore.

Except in Rush if there is holes in the defense, I CAN SNEAK BY. What happens in Conquest when all the flags are capped and there is two tanks outside the "enemy"/my base? OH RIGHT NOTHING BECAUSE YOUR SPAWN TRAPPED.

Hey, I'm guilty of doing it sometimes as well because I like playing with you guys but when it gets like it did today it gets out of hand and offers no challenge whatsoever.

Then once again: SWITCH TEAMS. You don't want people to team stack then prevent it. I'm not going to stick around and take an auto-loss because you start to win and EVERYONE joins your team. Fuck that shit.

Also fuck you Dream and your "HURR SEKS QUITS," I quit when the game is decided. AKA: BASE CAMPING. Any time I join Olimpia's games and I'm on the enemy team on joining you know what is happening? DERP THAT'S RIGHT BASE CAMPING.

Fuck Conquest, seriously. Until DICE adds more points to the maps it's shitty and broken.

And you know what, to me, as much as I enjoy playing with you guys, I can't help but feel that...some of you just don't want to play rush cause you don't want to deal with the idea of needing to play different classes, needing to stop vehicle whoreing with no concern for tickets, needing to omg spawn on your squad mates for maximum benefit or worse - deal with the fact that you get owned on operation metro rush cause the other team knows how to play recon tactics better than you do.

Ding ding ding ding ding. Some of you are pussies and can't handle the fact you have to switch classes to get shit done on Rush. And some of you can't seem to get the idea to switch classes and DEFEND. Any time I've played GAF Rush with the new class it's a bunch of headless chickens and since I'M NEVER the squad leader/commander I can't go "HEY DEFEND A/B BECAUSE THAT SET IS THE HARDEST TO DEFEND/TAKE" because of DICE's SMH stupid design decision to not allow ANYONE in the squad to take charge and label commands.

Hell, there's time in CONQUEST where I am all by myself and everyone is "HURR TAKE THE OTHER BASE CLOSEST TO THE ENEMY TO BASE CAMP THEM LOLOLOLOLOL" (AKA: Olimpia and Grand Bazaar until he FINALLY noticed I seemed to be dying at A against a tank).

But seriously: The auto balance NEEDS to be around for the whole match and if no one is joining PEOPLE NEED TO BE AUTO-BALANCED. Because as it is AB kicks in at the start of the match and then everyone switches sides and I'm facing 10 GAF with 2-3 randoms and 1-2 GAF. What happens in the first two minutes? ALL THE BASES ARE CAPPED BEFORE WE EVEN GET A CHANCE. HURR TAKE YOUR LOSS AND BE CAMPED.

No, fuck you.

I LOVE rush because of how dynamic it is and how it forces you to adapt by changing classes. I feel it's made me a better all around player and I think my stats reflect it. Also, I might be the only one here who prefers playing solo; I think running with any coordinated squad just makes the game too easy, Steamrolling a team is just boring.

Question: Does leaving a server before the match starts count as a loss? I have a quit percentage of 8%, but it doesn't feel like I've raged quit that often....

Rawker

i love rush, add me dream (PSN RawkerOne). Conquest is great but rush focuses the attack so you have to be better to win not just organized.

TheSeks said:
Er-no?

Join via friends list. PS3 GAF plays together.

What about the NeoGaf platoon?
I just signed up on the squad doc and applied for the ps3 platoon.
Not that I mind the friend invite way of getting things running, but it would be cool to have an easy way of joining GAF matches.
Haven't seen if the whole platoon thing actually does that (just joined as I said), but it did sound like a clan feature to get games running.

Or am I missing something here?

TheSeks

Platoons do jack-shit other than ego stroking of GAF's statwhores. You need to join via friends for consoles. Not sure if that applies on PC.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
meppi said:
Not sure how the quits statistic works. As far as I know I have actually quit 3, maybe 4 games so far to go look for another game. One of them was yesterday. Yet I'm at 13%.
Guess leaving the game when the round has just started counts after the load screen as well. Well, who cares really.

Like any other stat in this game... fails to tell the whole story. There are a million reasons to quit a game that have nothing to do with trying to avoid a loss.

Most of the time quits come from trying to play with your friends. And the fact that, every time you decide to take a break from the game, you have to "quit" because you always have to wait for the next game to load. So people who play in spurts will have higher quit %. Get an invite to join a friend? Gotta quit. Join a gaf game but end up on the opposite side? Well you could stick it out or go play with other gaffers, but first you gotta quit. It's kind of a dumb stat. Its only usefulness to detect people that quit all the time.

TheSeks

Evolved1 said:
Most of the time quits come from trying to play with your friends. And the fact that, every time you decide to take a break from the game, you have to "quit" because you always have to wait for the next game to load. So people who play in spurts will have higher quit %. Get an invite to join a friend? Gotta quit. Join a gaf game but end up on the opposite side? Well you could stick it out or go play with other gaffers, but first you gotta quit. It's kind of a dumb stat. Its only usefulness to detect people that quit all the time.

Hell, I could "stat pad" quits right now if I really wanted by quitting during the middle of a game, quitting on new load, quitting at the beginning of the round and I'd still get labeled a "quitter lololol" by Dream because he's going by the useless stats DICE implemented instead of REASONS.

It's the same as CoD counting games you quit as "losses," fucking stupid.

olimpia84

Dreamgazer said:
*stare at this whole w/l bs bs*

Olimpia have already heard my whole speech about why w/l isn't just a complete set of BS before, so I'll save myself the trouble before I get labeled a compulsive quitter like Seks (j/k).

Well, nobody labeled you as one. Like I said, we all do it at some point but what bothered me is when we have equal and balanced games and then people switch breaking the balance leaving some other fellow gaffers to their own luck with shitty randoms. I don't mind when people switch over from a team of complete randoms, specially if the other team is part of some clan and we destroy them.

How about this-> anyone with a double digit quit% is not allowed to talk about w/l, regardless if you're for or against it. That would wipe a good amount of you out already >.>
(you all know you can check your quit percentage on the stat screen, right? Although I'm not sure how that works since I always have to get out of the game by quitting at the beginning of the round/shut off ps3 completely)

I'm not sure how that stat works but so I don't think it will be a fair way of judging. I mean, when I want to quit a game I do it by choosing Quit from the menu (I don't like turning my console off just like that) so I guess I'll have a very high quit percentage as well.

The only thing I can say I'm personally guilty about when regards to w/l and team stacking - 1) is invite spamming people when I see myself in a bad team (most already know this behavior of mine by now.) 2)Go with whatever invites

That's perfectly fine though! If you (or any other gaffer) are in trouble and have room in the team send an invite! That's what I used to do in BC2 anyways but I think I'll find myself doing it less often in BF3 because of how the in-game invites work (they activate the XBM and it takes forever to do it, unless there is another much efficient way of doing it that I'm not aware).

I WANT TO PLAY RUSH.
rant...

I can do Rush! In fact I've been playing it a bit with ejas, manny, dan and some other lurker I can't remember his name. It's just that I love Conquest too damn much but you veterans know me by now, I was the BC2 Conquest whore :p

Regarding playing different roles, I can perfectly see why people play as Engineer only. It's because the game is VERY unbalanced regarding this point. Almost every single map, be it Conquest or Rush, has vehicles and generally are very open, making even the support with C4 class a bit useless when trying to take tanks. They should have left Recons with the ability of either carrying C4 or calling mortar strikes. Nobody uses that SOFLAM thing and even if you use it the other people don't know what it is (and then you need engineers for that to be successfully used). I can see Recons being a bit more helpful in Rush by placing Spawn beacons once you gain and find a good position in attack but I swear, when I do this people either: don't use my spawn beacon, or the spawn beacon disappears (never ran into this issue on the beta, do they have a limited amount of spawns? I refuse to believe the enemy keeps finding my spawn beacon and destroys it every single time). What I truly think is the best gadget for Recons is the MAV but you have to be on a team that knows how to read a map and use good tactics. I was using it the other day and I spotted some dudes and the entire team of randoms went after the enemies I spotted, leaving another area of the map wide open! (and at that point it doesn't matter if I spot people on the weak side of the map, the entire team is already too focused on staying on their side derp).

olimpia84

meppi said:
My dislike for rush comes down to one thing.
Having way too many BC2 games with gaffers where the enemy team doesn't even want to come out of their spawn anymore.
That got old real fast and soured the rush experience for me.

Likewise! Some of those Arica, Laguna Presa and Atacama Defense games are/were the most boring thing on the face of the earth. They dragged out for so long and I'm not really a fan of sniping so that made things worse.

Have to say that I hated Operation Metro after the beta and I still hate it today, in either mode.
So that's one more reason why I haven't played rush a lot.

I actually like Op Metro in Conquest when you're in a good and smart team. The map delivers a tactical party at the Ticket Hall that really becomes fun if your team knows what to do and knows how to read the map in order to position in the different access routes to avoid the enemy rushing for said flag. Rush Op Metro however, not so much (too hectic)

meppi

Evolved1 said:
Like any other stat in this game... fails to tell the whole story. There are a million reasons to quit a game that have nothing to do with trying to avoid a loss.

Ah, didn't think about it like that.

I must have gotten over 10 quits last week then when playing with Dave. :D
We were trying to get a game up and running with a full squad, but for some reason we always ended up separated and couldn't switch at all.
I even got sent into a conquest game when they went into rush one time.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm done with this game until DICE does a major balance overhaul including removal of flashlights.

Game isn't fun. And the maps suck.

Top Bottom