• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
People playing it safe in vehicles on crates that are inside a building. SMFH.

iUQW8IZJi76qj.gif

TheSeks

Faceless? D:

I'm not going to wade into domination servers without you being there to be a target of their kicks. D:

TheSeks

:lol mbell45 teabags me after I sit on A to prevent them from capping and he somehow gets my six. Stays up there until Olimpia and Dan take him out as I'm spraying my LMG from across B at him. Ragequits when they have 8 tickets left, we have all flags and are going to win.

Hey, mbell: Teabag when you have skill. Kthx.

TheSeks

Faceless confirm/deny what this dude on Facebook is saying:

Tom P: the maps aint as big on 360 as they are on ps3

I don't believe it. Isn't all the versions pretty much parity?

tn2007

Hahaha!

This is hilarious!

Just saw you hit lvl. 100 on PC as well! Congrats bro!

I hit lvl 100 a 100 hours ago and thanks. Faceless is dual 100 too! I'm gonna start recording all my rounds because I missed some epic stuff. I had a 25 kill streak in a 1-2 minute span on a davamand peak rush round to end the game. It was so epic and we were getting our butt kicked. That was yesterday night and tonight we had 300+ comeback on metro 64 man. We were all capped and our team sucked but we stuck by them a few times and got c and b late when it was 450ish to 150ish tickets.

TheSeks

Damn it, Faceless get back on. D: I see you sign in in the middle of golf finish that hop on the PS3 and you signed out 2 minutes later. SMH.

TheSeks

Is Rami3o the same guy that is on Battlelog?

Oh, it's THN. Man people need to use their usernames for shit.

lol what an idiot, what exactly is he trying to prove? looks like regular gameplay to me

OMG SOMEONE USES MINIMAP AND 3D SPOTTING! WHAT A HACKER!

"ARE THE ADMINS ASLEEP?" hahahaha

That revolving server message is annoying as hell. Hopefully DICE fixes that in BF4. I don't need the admin messages more than once, yo.

TheSeks

So, this round I pretty much carried the team with Bo playing support and still lost with a 4-6 team disadvantage. Got a "GG" from Krazzylegs, but it's like "dude, I lost. Yeah, I carried that team with 2x the kills per both teams, but I still lost it wasn't that good."

Then Bo and I continued to lose unless I team-switched back over to their team because our team would stick to helicopters instead of dropping in to help an inside crate and wouldn't fucking defend to safe their life.

Then Bo and I get on the winning (Krazzy's side) team and then got auto-balanced instead of some of the winning team moving over there to where the skill level would balance out because we were a squad of 2-3 instead of the full 4 they had.

SMH.

Apoc87

Banned
Tips for a newcomer switching from COD to this? And why tf are some of the tdm matches so damn long??

Cool game tho, other than the constant goddamn spawnraping.

Overdoziz

Banned
  • Play the fucking objective.
  • There's always a guy following the guy you just killed.
  • You're getting fucked up? Use smoke to get out of spawntraps or through enemy lines.
  • Press the back/select button to spot people. If you're not busy shooting people you should be busy spotting them.
  • Private servers and quick search are bullshit. Go into the server list and look for servers with -[DICE]- in the name. These don't last as ridiculously long and have no powertripping admins either.
  • As a recon don't hang back and snipe people from a mile away. Get in there and place spawn beacons and motion sensors near objectives.
  • As support give people ammo. Whenever you see a teammate, give them ammo, whether they ask for it or not.
  • Same counts for the assault class and giving out health packs. Also, don't be a dick who revives people who are out in the open and will likely get shot again straight away.
  • As engineer shoot the fuck out of enemy vehicles and repair your own. Keep in mind that RPGs do more damage when you hit armor in the back or the side.
  • Spot enemies.
  • Don't played TDM.

Tips for a newcomer switching from COD to this? And why tf are some of the tdm matches so damn long??

Cool game tho, other than the constant goddamn spawnraping.

1. Don't play deathmatch, that's not battlefield.
2. Slow down, this game is slower paced but way more intense.
3. Watch this. Previous game but still the same principles.

• You're getting fucked up? Use smoke to get out of spawntraps or through enemy lines.
  • Press the back/select button to spot people. If you're not busy shooting people you should be busy spotting them.
  • Private servers and quick search are bullshit. Go into the server list and look for servers with -[DICE]- in the name. These don't last as ridiculously long and have no powertripping admins either.
  • As a recon don't hang back and snipe people from a mile away. Get in there and place spawn beacons and motion sensors near objectives.
  • As support give people ammo. Whenever you see a teammate, give them ammo, whether they ask for it or not.
  • Same counts for the assault class and giving out health packs. Also, don't be a dick who revives people who are out in the open and will likely get shot again straight away.
  • As engineer shoot the fuck out of enemy vehicles and repair your own.
  • Spot enemies.
  • Don't played TDM.

Apoc87

Banned
  • As engineer shoot the fuck out of enemy vehicles and repair your own.
  • Spot enemies.
  • Don't played TDM.

Thanks.

Why not TDM?

Overdoziz

Banned
You can play TDM to get to know the game, but it's pretty lackluster because of the the random-ish spawns and maps that aren't build for it. If you've got friends you should check out Rush for some concentrated action (depending on map). If you're boring and like boring gametypes which suck you can also play Conquest which is basically Domination but boring.

TheSeks

Apoc for today (if it isn't Monday/Tuesday for you) get into Rush or Conquest or if you have Close Quarters, wade into Domination and cap flags, defend flags/crates. With 2xEXP going on you want to jump start your levels from 00 to at least 43 (you should be able to get to... 15-20 today and tomorrow unless you hard-core grind right now) for the all-classes guns to be unlocked. Then use those on recon to unlock the recon stuff (and learn the recon, most important class in the game), then unlock medic revive and C4 on support. Then play babby easy engineer.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Don't pilot vehicles until you unlock some shit for them. The best way to unlock shit for them is to be a gunner... it won't take long.

Learn to pilot vehicles in an empty server and get your setting set up how you like them.

NEVER GIVE AWAY YOUR VEHICLES. EVER. GO DOWN WITH THE FUCKING SHIP.

TheSeks

Haha. I had someone get out of a tank to arm. I stole it
to promptly get killed because DICE wouldn't recognize my get-in prompt in time. FUUUUU

Evolved1

Off Topic:

Any of you guys planning on getting TLoU in a couple weeks? (14th)

TheSeks

Off Topic:

Any of you guys planning on getting TLoU in a couple weeks? (14th)

Not until I see:

iSNR9XfLlNrSW.gif

On Naughty Dog not screwing the multiplayer up within a few weeks/months like they did U2.

Lord knows they'll somehow fuck it up and I don't want to be there to feel it like I did U2 to where I resent U3's multiplayer despite waiting a year to play it.

Fuck them. :/

Evolved1

Fair enough. I'm just wondering who will be around to play the first few days (after I beat SP in probably one coffee-fueled sitting) because I have a feeling it's gonna be pretty neat.

Btw... I will only play their hardcore mode. If they don't have one, I likely won't even try the MP. haha

TheSeks

I'm more looking toward Splinter Cell even though I'm pretty sure I'll be disappointed with it and stabbing myself in the face over buying it like I did Pooviction.

But the redone Spies vs Merc makes me want to try it
despite me most likely dropping SvM within a week and going back to BF

TheSeks

don't listen to this. revive. they live twice. fuck danger. get points.

No, listen to him. One ticket lost > two tickets lost because you revive him, he gets shot and YOU get shot.

Also it annoys the shit out of me to see the killcam pop-up, try to pe--REVIVE DEATH--ep where the person is--REVIVE DEATH--so I can--REVIVE, slowly move, DEATH--get them in return--respawn screen 20 seconds respawn timer--

The only time you should revive with no care to the person is if in low tickets (and hopefully) no one is shooting at you. If someone is shooting at you you're pretty much going to lose a battle if you don't have the numbers backing you up in getting that refunded ticket back.

TheSeks

U2/U3's multiplayer can be fun... if you don't know what you're missing.

U2 beta was pure gold. 1.00-1.04 was like that. Then 1.05 came along and turned it into "Call of Drake: Sea of Cover" to where NO ONE left the starting spawn because the netcode couldn't handle the lower health to where you had to get into cover sooner and the maps weren't built for it.

U3's kinda was but the sprint broke shit.

The co-op was fun but the there is only 3-5 maps in each of the Uncharted's so I'm not expecting much from ND on the Last of Us's side.

(Also it seems 2x EXP left this morning before 6AM. I can't 2x anymore. At least I'm nearly to Colonel 50 so the weekend isn't a total wash. Went up 5 ranks or so with this. DICE really needs to not do this "double rank" shit and have it be a 400 hour max level rank like BC2)

Top Bottom