• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ejas: Is Rock playing those rounds in EU servers? I was getting massive lag in them. Aim at someone, fire but be dead two seconds after I start firing with no indication I was taking damage. Wonderful. AT LEAST IT WAS NON-SHITTY CONQUEST though. Maybe if Rock moves to US/non-lagging servers I can finally have some Rush rounds with someone competent. >_>

TheSeks

Jas said:
Seks, I joined a friend of mine that lives in Iceland :)

Rock and Vasilisk joined us later on.

That explains it. The frozen north was freezing my pipe. >:|

TheSeks

olimpia84 said:
You know what I haven't seen yet in BF3? Tea-bagging.

Been there done that.

@Dan: You know exactly what game I meant. Did I mention yesterday? No. But if Olimpia is going to call people out for Teamstacking you're one of the first to switch sides when teams are PERFECTLY EVEN to join his team. So no, there is no "fuck me."

But you know what, I don't give a shit if you hate me for calling you out on that. Because that round sticks out in my mind as the PERFECT example of what Olimpia is talking about.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Thanks for the games lastnight (my PSN is Mr_Affluenza)...unbalanced at times but that's because every1 wants to be on the competent team = GAF. lol It did makes the games pretty dire and next time I"ll volunteer to switch as I don't give a shit about k/d or w/l...

Anyways is it not possible to squad up in a menu before going into a game? Seems complete lottery atm...

rdrr gnr

Dreamgazer said:
You were playing annoyingly "safe" today.
Trying to get the combat efficiency pin or something?
I mean there were even rounds where you pretty much did nothing.

Anyway. Thanks JJD for this game , killing you enough times to get my nemesis ribbon.
I was AFK for good portions of most of the games. I was on mic trying to explain it, but I guess VoIP wasn't working. I have a group project due Tuesday, so I was sending out some emails.
F#A#Oo said:
Thanks for the games lastnight (my PSN is Mr_Affluenza)...unbalanced at times but that's because every1 wants to be on the competent team = GAF. lol It did makes the games pretty dire and next time I"ll volunteer to switch as I don't give a shit about k/d or w/l...

Anyways is it not possible to squad up in a menu before going into a game? Seems complete lottery atm...
Yes, but the game breaks up squads all the time. Thus, everyone's issue.
olimpia84 said:
You know what I haven't seen yet in BF3? Tea-bagging.
I do it all the time. Usually after I kill someone who has owned me a couple of times. That or when I get a really really laggy kill and almost die in the process.

TheSeks said:
Those actually work?
oh hell yeah.

i've shot down jets and choppers, hit speeding jeeps... it makes tank battles almost hilarious... i get off the guided shell, then hit 'em with a regular shell. VEHICLE DISABLED! pop a 2nd regular shell and they're dead.

TheSeks

Neat. I need to get more tank time in to unlock the guided shells, then.

Milly79 said:
I'd assume it works if Recon and the tank driver equip the necessary.
THE RECON IS THE TANK DRIVER!!!

ZYFfQ.jpg

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:

I seriously hope that isn't a bug, otherwise I'm trolling with the AT mines.

Also had some nice CONQUEST GAMES with Noisepurge joining a person I met via co-op. We took ALL THE BASES but DID NOT CAMP THEIR BASE 9/10 OF THE TIME. And so they GOT OUT AND IT WAS ACTUALLY FUN! *GASP*

Only need ~10 more wins for the Medal and then I'm done with Conquest for a bit and going back to Rush where I belong. :|

TheSeks said:
I seriously hope that isn't a bug, otherwise I'm trolling with the AT mines.

Also had some nice CONQUEST GAMES with Noisepurge joining a person I met via co-op. We took ALL THE BASES but DID NOT CAMP THEIR BASE 9/10 OF THE TIME. And so they GOT OUT AND IT WAS ACTUALLY FUN! *GASP*

Only need ~10 more wins for the Medal and then I'm done with Conquest for a bit and going back to Rush where I belong. :|
i need to do that with SDM/TDM so i can get the medals!

also, from the OT

GJS said:
Yea I just went to take a screenshot of this, you can lay as many mines as you like if you keep dying.

ScreenshotWin32-0001.jpg

TheSeks

i need to do that with SDM/TDM so i can get the medals!

also, from the OT

Hahahahaha. Tanks will now have to fear my lines of cocaine AT mines!

I should do SDM/TDM for the medals but I can't be assed. Don't care about deathmatch in BF and over my dead body am I going to bang my head against Squad Rush again since I got the winners ribbon for Decorated.

I still need Air Kills (*MUMBLE GRUMBLE*), Crate Defense, and 2 Nemesis Made.

TheSeks said:
Hahahahaha. Tanks will now have to fear my lines of cocaine AT mines!

I should do SDM/TDM for the medals but I can't be assed. Don't care about deathmatch in BF and over my dead body am I going to bang my head against Squad Rush again since I got the winners ribbon for Decorated.

I still need Air Kills (*MUMBLE GRUMBLE*), Crate Defense, and 2 Nemesis Made.
i still need crate defense, suppression and stationary.

TheSeks

i still need crate defense, suppression and stationary.

Supression is easy, duder. Go grand bazaar, LMG/Support. Suppress the hall way everyone goes down. Or suppress the room of B first set. You'll either get kills or suppression assists.

Stationary is a bitch and I lucked out on that.

But man, jet kills eludes me and it pisses me off. Nemesis is just a matter of time and trolling two enemies to get. I dunno WTF counts as crate defense because I can disarm and kill anyone going toward a crate and it doesn't count.

olimpia84

Good Conquest games with JJD, dave and dan. Won every single one of them!

Regarding the ribbons the two that I find the hardest are the 6 air kills and the 2 kills with stationary. I was so damn close today in Caspian Border to get the stationary ribbon but they bailed out of the tank :(

Also, DICE please fix the minimap. It's a mess, sometimes you cap a flag and it does't stay blue colored. Or sometimes you cap one and it remains blinking even though there are no enemies nearby. SMH

JJD

MiniBossBattle said:
Shoutout to the gaffer that shot me with a tank shell while I was trying to take off in my transport chopper. What did I do to offend you?

In Operation firestorm? It wasn't a gaffer, I saw that.

Also, sorry if I wasn't much help on that Caspian Border game guys! I was trying to get my air ribbon, and the first 5 kills were quick, but the last one was a nightmare! We were winning by a landslide and the other team had less than 40 tickets, I was almost destroying this jeep with 2 guys when my fucking controller disconnected and I panicked. Fortunately the other team began capping almost all flags giving me time to grab another chopper and get the last kill! Not only I got the ribbon, but we won in the end.

Again, sorry for the chopper whoring and no one will see me back at the base waiting for a vehicle for a long time, I swear! :)

olimpia84 said:
Good Conquest games with JJD, dave and dan. Won every single one of them!

Regarding the ribbons the two that I find the hardest are the 6 air kills and the 2 kills with stationary. I was so damn close today in Caspian Border to get the stationary ribbon but they bailed out of the tank :(

Also, DICE please fix the minimap. It's a mess, sometimes you cap a flag and it does't stay blue colored. Or sometimes you cap one and it remains blinking even though there are no enemies nearby. SMH

Those last games were good, and the opposing team had some good players! Way more fun than the usual steamroll. You were rocking as always Olimpia!

olimpia84

JJD said:
In Operation firestorm? It wasn't a gaffer, I saw that.

Also, sorry if I wasn't much help on that Caspian Border game guys! I was trying to get my air ribbon, and the first 5 kills were quick, but the last one was a nightmare! We were winning by a landslide and the other team had less than 40 tickets, I was almost destroying this jeep with 2 guys when my fucking controller disconnected and I panicked. Fortunately the other team began capping almost all flags giving me time to grab another chopper and get the last kill! Not only I got the ribbon, but we won in the end.

Again, sorry for the chopper whoring and no one will see me back at the base waiting for a vehicle for a long time, I swear! :)

No need to apologize. We had those fools under control at all times. At the end they managed to step up their game but it was too late. I even had some time to jump in the jet and get some points which I generally don't like doing but since I figured we were going to win I did it anyways. Congrats on the ribbon, I don't know if I'll ever get that one lol

olimpia84

MiniBossBattle said:
Shoutout to the gaffer that shot me with a tank shell while I was trying to take off in my transport chopper. What did I do to offend you?

Was it on the Noshra (sp ?) Canals? If so, I took like two of them down earlier but I didn't know you were playing on the other team.

I actually found a sweet spot where I can get a good reading of the tank cannon sight and hit the US choppers as they are taking off (most of the time at least)!
That level is pretty nasty, the Russians have such a huge advantage is not even funny (even more so with what I just told you!). I hope they fix it asap.

Jas

soooooo...

SOFLAM + Guided Shells

best troll?

Have you unlocked the CITV Station for tanks yet? Opens a third seat in a tank where the person controls a SOFLAM from the tank.

Between that, a tank driver with guided shells, and being able to switch the SOFLAM to thermal view to spot infantry around you... :)

JJD

Someone asked awhile back how you can get class specific starts (Assault silver star, Support silver star and so on), it's points based. Just achieve a specific amount of points and you'll get your silver star for that class. You'll get your first star when you have enough points to unlock everything for that class, the second one grinding for points.

Didn't know about the mines thing...better take advantage of it before they patch it out (which Dice easily will do).

Also Faceless the guided shell can be avoided with flares right? I'm using it for some time, but mainly to kill land vehicles since no one at Gaf is using the SOFLAM right now. Too bad the CITV is the last unlock of the tanks...have you unlocked it already Ejas?

DarkFlow

Banned
I dunno if anyone cares but you can sign on to other accounts on the PS3 and the online pass still works. It even adds all the pre-order stuff and you can attach it to your battlelog like so. Just a FYI if you want other soldiers.

Soma

The more I play this, the more i've really been loving the support class. The Pecheneg is so great. Surprisingly good hipfire for an LMG.

And free points for tossin out boxes! (when my dudes aren't running away from me :( )

olimpia84

moonspeak said:
The more I play this, the more i've really been loving the support class. The Pecheneg is so great. Surprisingly good hipfire for an LMG.

And free points for tossin out boxes! (when my dudes aren't running away from me :( )

You like that weapon? I've tried it for a few minutes and couldn't stand it (too much recoil). I'll give it another shot maybe.

TheSeks

Dubbed: Dude, I could've used you before you bailed. SMH.

SMH @ DICE for including the transport chopper under TRANSPORT vehicles instead of AIR vehicles and making it DAMN NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO KILL SOMEONE. The Blackhawk was fucking deadly in BC2 but here I can spray all around a dude and even ON the dude and get no kills to register. Fucking stupid.

So Air kills still eludes me. SMH.

And SMH at sandbagging teams. Evolved joined me on a friends game of Rush, we repel the attackers that climbed up the oil rig and... they sandbag like Justin Wong in Alpha vs Beta 3 tournaments near their base to where it's IMPOSSIBLE/slow to hit them.

Abused the AT Mine glitch and caught a few of them. Also had to head to the base on the far right to stab two of them.

Next round ate four rounds in the face because they're up on the cranes a la Deconstruction and I didn't even know you could get on more than one of those. Ugh.

JJD: I'll use the SOFLAM if you let me know you need it. I tried using the MAV on Tehran tonight on defense in Rush and it seemed to be like pulling teeth. Some people would see my spots, but then they wouldn't see a tank rushing in and I'm sitting there going "TANK! TANK! TANK!" spot spot spot spot spot on it and the two tanks are focused on the chokepoint. Ugh.

TheSeks

Evolved1 said:
What does sandbag mean?

Maybe sandbag isn't the right term for what I mean in those rounds, but it's basically dragging the game on purpose to attempt to win.

Sandbagging in fighting games is generally dragging the matches to time-over win (or in some tournaments a backstabbing tactic between two players to try to win/place in certain seeds for the prize money that they split).

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
TheSeks said:
Maybe sandbag isn't the right term for what I mean in those rounds, but it's basically dragging the game on purpose to attempt to win.

Sandbagging in fighting games is generally dragging the matches to time-over win (or in some tournaments a backstabbing tactic between two players to try to win/place in certain seeds for the prize money that they split).

Oh so you're talking about how they wouldn't leave their base? I kept blowing up their tanks and jeeps... don't blame them for being scared to come over that hill.

TheSeks

Evolved1 said:
Oh so you're talking about how they wouldn't leave their base? I kept blowing up their tanks and jeeps... don't blame them for being scared to come over that hill.

Yeah, after we stopped their advance and I and my friend caught the two that went up to the very top of the oil rig in an attempt to be human spawn points (I guess) they basically slowly advanced and then we held the line and I caught about 3-5 people with AT mines and/or disabled their vehicles with the mines (<3 YOU DICE AND THAT BUG), they basically stuck to their invincible spawn point and attempted to tank shot from there. So frustrating and a sandbag round. Ugh.

The highlight of the night for me was that beach map and the other team (with like 5-6 players) sniped me and I got them with the AK or snuck up and knifed them a few times on defense. I have to give them props, they stuck around far longer than most Conquest teams do when in Olimpia's games and took their losses and attempted to push now and then on attack.

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
Yeah, after we stopped their advance and I and my friend caught the two that went up to the very top of the oil rig in an attempt to be human spawn points (I guess) they basically slowly advanced and then we held the line and I caught about 3-5 people with AT mines and/or disabled their vehicles with the mines (<3 YOU DICE AND THAT BUG), they basically stuck to their invincible spawn point and attempted to tank shot from there. So frustrating and a sandbag round. Ugh.

Well... they weren't that great. I almost felt bad for them on Caspian. I mean, yikes.

Teams were even as far as player count, but we were stacked. Maybe next time there's a situation like that, I will switch sides.

TheSeks said:
The highlight of the night for me was that beach map and the other team (with like 5-6 players) sniped me and I got them with the AK or snuck up and knifed them a few times on defense. I have to give them props, they stuck around far longer than most Conquest teams do when in Olimpia's games and took their losses and attempted to push now and then on attack.

Highlight for me was joining you in that first firestorm match. A couple guys in my squad were like "what's this evolved guy doing?" I guess they were making fun of my tank piloting at first... funny how that conversation changed over the course of the game.

TheSeks

Evolved1 said:
Highlight for me was joining you in that first firestorm match. A couple guys in my squad were like "what's this evolved guy doing?" I guess they were making fun of my tank piloting at first... funny how that conversation changed over the course of the game.

Oh really? :lol I dunno if my friend(Nosferatu) joined up in your tank or not, but I know he was sitting on one of them over a while.

eek5

man, you guys are lucky. i was auto balanced to the team opposite some people on my friends list the the other day, and despite being down 2 players (10 vs 8) most of the game, my team barely won and then i got cursed out and kicked from the party chat!

then yesterday i got an invite to a game/party from a friend who wasn't there that day and i join the party/game and 2 of the people who were there that day immediately comment on the whole "who's side are you on?" thing despite it being a 10 vs 8 game in their favor!

so much pressure to stack teams!
Dumb. I always play harder when I'm on the other side since it seems disrespectful to your friends if you just lay down and let them win :lol

TheSeks said:
And SMH at sandbagging teams. Evolved joined me on a friends game of Rush, we repel the attackers that climbed up the oil rig and... they sandbag like Justin Wong in Alpha vs Beta 3 tournaments near their base to where it's IMPOSSIBLE/slow to hit them.

I've noticed this happening a LOT. Teams will get down to about 40 tickets on the first set of m-coms then go into derp mode and they all switch to sniping.

Really awesome way to drag out a quick game into a 20 minute affair.

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
Oh really? :lol I dunno if my friend(Nosferatu) joined up in your tank or not, but I know he was sitting on one of them over a while.

I had some smurf gunner (who did a good job, went 7-0 and hopped out to repair a few times... I meant to send him a PSN message for the good job) your friend Nosferatu (cool name, just watched that a few weeks ago) was with another guy in the other tank.

Evolved1

eek5 said:
Dumb. I always play harder when I'm on the other side since it seems disrespectful to your friends if you just lay down and let them win :lol

It's fun to play against friends sometimes... but they often know your strategies!

I've noticed this happening a LOT. Teams will get down to about 40 tickets on the first set of m-coms then go into derp mode and they all switch to sniping.

Really awesome way to drag out a quick game into a 20 minute affair.

This was a huge problem in BC2 rush as well... it's unfortunate. I have huge respect for the teams that keep attacking even if they're getting handled.

JJD

TheSeks said:
SMH @ DICE for including the transport chopper under TRANSPORT vehicles instead of AIR vehicles and making it DAMN NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO KILL SOMEONE. The Blackhawk was fucking deadly in BC2 but here I can spray all around a dude and even ON the dude and get no kills to register. Fucking stupid.

So Air kills still eludes me. SMH.

Seks, about the air kills ribbon ask Evolved or Bruiserk for help, they're great at the chopper. I did it on Caspian with 2 randoms, it should be easier with a gaffer. As soon as the game start rush to the enemy base, usually you can find at least one chopper or jet still on the ground or some poor infantry dude checking his PSN messages. I got 2 kills on the beginning of the game this way. What unlocks you have for the gunner position of the attack chopper? If you have the guided missiles it should be even easier.

If you're not piloting ask the pilot (if he's a gaffer) to stop shooting vehicles as soon as he disables it, specially jeeps! Keep an eye out for then! I got one capping a flag, they're easy to destroy with the gunner MG, and usually you'll kill the driver before destroying the vehicle, if you're lucky you can kill 2 enemies in a single jeep.

I think Caspian is the best map for this, there's not a lot of cover on many flags, operation Firestorm on the other hand has too many buildings for the targets to hide, I would never try to get this ribbon with the transport as I can't pilot aggressively. It may be easier to do this on Rush, as people usually camp in a spot to protect the mcomm, but I did on Conquest.

Also always have the flares equipped as a gunner, there's too many guys running with the igla around.

You will do it eventually, just focus on the ribbon at the start of the game and don't give up until the end. Also, this is not cool, but if you're almost doing it, but you chopper is destroyed and you see someone camping at the chopper spawn point, park a tank or jeep on the spawn until the guy leaves. Again, this is not cool, but if you're missing 1 or 2 kills, fuck it, do it and get rid of that fucking ribbon.

I will let you know when I using the guided shells, I tend to avoid using it on infantry heavy maps as the machine gun is more useful, but on big vehicle maps I use it all the time.

TheSeks said:
Supression is easy, duder. Go grand bazaar, LMG/Support. Suppress the hall way everyone goes down. Or suppress the room of B first set. You'll either get kills or suppression assists.

Stationary is a bitch and I lucked out on that.

But man, jet kills eludes me and it pisses me off. Nemesis is just a matter of time and trolling two enemies to get. I dunno WTF counts as crate defense because I can disarm and kill anyone going toward a crate and it doesn't count.
i've tried that, the problem is i keep killing people :(

TheSeks

Bruiserk WAS piloting the Blackhawk replacement. Hence my annoyance to find out that the damn thing is a TRANSPORT ribbon and not an Air Vehicle. :|

i've tried that, the problem is i keep killing people :(

THEN PURPOSELY MISS THEN. ;)

Jas said:
Have you unlocked the CITV Station for tanks yet? Opens a third seat in a tank where the person controls a SOFLAM from the tank.

Between that, a tank driver with guided shells, and being able to switch the SOFLAM to thermal view to spot infantry around you... :)
yeah, i have, but nobody wants to be in the "bitch seat" and nobody wants to use Guided Shells. everyone wants to use LMG or Cannister Shell... that's why i roll Tank Recon sometimes and set up my oown SOFLAM!

JJD

TheSeks said:
Bruiserk WAS piloting the Blackhawk replacement. Hence my annoyance to find out that the damn thing is a TRANSPORT ribbon and not an Air Vehicle. :|

Holy shit so you did it, killed 6 guys but didn't unlock the ribbon??? OMG, I would be soooo pissed!

Also, were did you get your 2 kills with the emplaced weapons? I tried those AA guns, but their accuracy sucks even at close range...

Evolved1 said:
It's fun to play against friends sometimes... but they often know your strategies!

This was a huge problem in BC2 rush as well... it's unfortunate. I have huge respect for the teams that keep attacking even if they're getting handled.
yean, DICE needs to just get rid of protected spawns. i know some people were upset at having 5 tanks all up in their spawn in the BC2 alpha on PS3, but who's fault is that?! at least those games ended quickly! and Conquest should be Double Assault... or Double Assault Lines... Head-On with protected spawns is a pain.

TheSeks

JJD said:
Holy shit so you did it, killed 6 guys but didn't unlock the ribbon??? OMG, I would be soooo pissed!

Also, were did you get your 2 kills with the emplaced weapons? I tried those AA guns, but their accuracy sucks even at close range...

No, I got 4 kills and those were utter luck because the side guns DO NO DAMAGE/splash damage so even if I'm FIRING ON THE DUDE I'm not really damaging the bastard. I lucked out on four kills, got a transport ribbon and I'm like "wait, what?"

and Conquest should be Double Assault... or Double Assault Lines... Head-On with protected spawns is a pain.

Or at least protect the air vehicle spawns from that advance only. I agree but double helicopter fucks on Atacama Desert still give me nightmares and made me the PS3 versions base police for that whole round because of fuckers stealing the helicopter because no one would fly it.

rdrr gnr

Could someone explain the flash suppressor vs. silencer details as it relates to the mini-map and damage over distance?
JJD said:
Do those stationary AT guns count? I tried hiding at D flag on Caspian and hitting a tank in the back as its leaving, but so far it's been unsuccessful.

TheSeks

MuseManMike said:
Could someone explain the flash suppressor vs. silencer details as it relates to the mini-map and damage over distance?

Do those stationary AT guns count? I tried hiding at D flag on Caspian and hitting a tank in the back as its leaving, but so far it's been unsuccessful.

IIRC, they both lower damage at max range by like 1-2 bullets. Nothing huge. But they both have their situational uses.

Also yes, the stationary anti-air guns will count for the stationary ribbon. It's a matter of lucking out on kills. I dunno if they damage tanks, but they will destroy helicopters that stick around.

Top Bottom