• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Er-What am I looking for exactly in those images? One is default filter. The other is more clear and brighter but removed the filter due to SD? So yours on the right vs Faceless on the left?

Oh, you are doing that two-view thing you were planning. It's a little funky since the quality isn't the same, so it's a bit jarring. I'd also say vert-view instead of the slash-view (so, second image) since it doesn't cut off the one players vehicle view/aiming like it does the first image.

Er-What am I looking for exactly in those images? One is default filter. The other is more clear and brighter but removed the filter due to SD? So yours on the right vs Faceless on the left?

Oh, you are doing that two-view thing you were planning. It's a little funky since the quality isn't the same, so it's a bit jarring. I'd also say vert-view instead of the slash-view (so, second image) since it doesn't cut off the one players vehicle view/aiming like it does the first image.

I'm on the left

It's the LAV gunner view you're noticing. But yeah, I'm leaning towards vertical.

Yay or nay?

jkg5emxZ2r3Rn.png

Or

j1poQOHojjZsb.png

the straight vertical cut for sure, DEFINITELY NOT the diagonal slice

what we really need is for some more peeps to man up and have a 4 way split screen video

or you could go all out and do split screen when there's action on both screens and Picture-in-Picture when there's action on just one

edit: you can also sightly letterbox both shots to show more footage

TheSeks

Picture in Picture definitely looks better and would be "cool"er if you put in the work to show the player having the most action (like you in the LAV doing a bunch of gunning for the moment) in the bigger/main picture. But like you said that requires mad work. So def. go with the vert. slice.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I just got BF3 Premium Edition. Any tips? I'm somewhat new to class-based shooters (unless you count Halo Reach and 4 :p), so I know I'll get donged on as soon as I start.

TheSeks

get 2 more suckers and i'm in!

I told you, talk to Bo since he is a colonel 50/whatever the max level in BC2 was in 1943 and if you can get Toda on-board we'd have the four. But we don't need them just to show the maps off. We need them so you "look good" as you told me. :p

I told you, talk to Bo since he is a colonel 50/whatever the max level in BC2 was in 1943 and if you can get Toda on-board we'd have the four. But we don't need them just to show the maps off. We need them so you "look good" as you told me. :p

i told you i'm in if you can get 2 more people!

TheSeks

Bo, are you in for some 1943 in the next... oh... month or so?

I'll have to PM Toda/Greenjerk if he doesn't check this thread. *lights the batsignal*

Also Evolved, Dream, Olimpia: Get Toro's Friend Network so I can build my friend network with you three already on my list. I know you own the system so no excuses for giving me five minutes of your time! >_>

BoatAck

I'll have to PM Toda/Greenjerk if he doesn't check this thread. *lights the batsignal*

Also Evolved, Dream, Olimpia: Get Toro's Friend Network so I can build my friend network with you three already on my list. I know you own the system so no excuses for giving me five minutes of your time! >_>

I'm in. Rockscar plays 1943 on occasion too.

TheSeks

Well, if you can convince Rock to play with us we could get the maps recorded. I really want to show all three maps off and show the Conquest to show those that haven't played 1943 why I prefer that version of Conquest over BC2/BF3's crappy 3-flag-base-rape-ZZZzz mode.

Well, if you can convince Rock to play with us we could get the maps recorded. I really want to show all three maps off and show the Conquest to show those that haven't played 1943 why I prefer that version of Conquest over BC2/BF3's crappy 3-flag-base-rape-ZZZzz mode.

we've had 5 flag Wake for over a year now.

TheSeks

so by "only non-cap is" you mean 1943 has two uncaps.

as opposed to zero in BC1 maps.

Right. But 1943's is the most similar to BF1942's conquest and in addition both sides have to fight for the flags. Even if there is two "uncaps" you can't base-trap someone because the round is over in 10 seconds like BC1's if all flags are taken and the team that has no flags doesn't get one soon after that point.

I'll play 1943 if you need someone.

Also 1) PS4 confirmed purchase for me 2) My eyes are eternally fucked, but I can still game. Won't be getting back into BF till 4 probably.

Edit: If Sony does the same DRM stuff, I'll go to your house and build you a pc.

I'll play 1943 if you need someone.

Also 1) PS4 confirmed purchase for me 2) My eyes are eternally fucked, but I can still game. Won't be getting back into BF till 4 probably.

Edit: If Sony does the same DRM stuff, I'll go to your house and build you a pc.
If Sony does the same thing, i'm out of the console biz. PC future.

TheSeks

Rock it definitely won't be this weekend unless you're on after like 6PM over here on the East Coast of the US. I have to work this weekend. But next weekend for sure.

Also Wake BF3 < Wake 1943/1942. You guys are talking about the BF3 variant. Play the classic one.

TheSeks

How does sniping work in Battlefield 3? How can I tell whether or not my bullets are hitting?

Gauge distance/Bullet-travel->Fire.

That's about it. You should (but I can't) see a "tracer" of the round/shot you did to gauge how close/far you were to the target.

Problem is the tracer disappears which certainly doesn't help me at all in sniping, but you get a "feel" for it later.

It isn't like Halo where the sniper is hit-scan.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
How do I fly a helicopter in this game? I always end up turning too far and crashing.

EDIT: I figured out how not to crash, but I still suck. And whenever I search for a game in Fire from the Sky, I always get people worse than I am. D:

TheSeks

Why can't I play Canals, Seine Crossing, Grand Bazaar after upgrading to Premium?! WHY?!

Er-...Bad insall? Reinstall?

Otherwise you're not finding servers that aren't playing them. Which really shouldn't be an issue as those three (besides Mehtro) are the most popular maps in the game in terms of server rotation.

Edit: OH and check your server filter settings before you reinstall, DICE made some server settings reset and make the last expansion ONLY maps be selected. So make sure your server filters are set to what you want.

olimpia84

I downloaded that thing. I have no idea what it is.

Top Bottom