• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

sturmdogg

Er-...Bad insall? Reinstall?

Otherwise you're not finding servers that aren't playing them. Which really shouldn't be an issue as those three (besides Mehtro) are the most popular maps in the game in terms of server rotation.

Edit: OH and check your server filter settings before you reinstall, DICE made some server settings reset and make the last expansion ONLY maps be selected. So make sure your server filters are set to what you want.

No, it's not that. I was playing those maps without encountering any problems before I upgraded to Premium. Now when it's on the loading screen for those maps the game just...hangs. :(

I already tried reinstalling the game. No Dice.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I downloaded that thing. I have no idea what it is.

It's a social app featuring Sony's mascot, Toro. Generally Toro is stuck in Japan. But yeah, they released this in the US and handheld owners basically add 100 people to their list or go spelunking in a dungeon while putting their "friends" to work.

Since you're already on my list and own the handheld I'd figured I'd save myself time and just get you to download the application so I could at least have my number of friends increase without having to delete people. D:

No, it's not that. I was playing those maps without encountering any problems before I upgraded to Premium. Now when it's on the loading screen for those maps the game just...hangs. :(

I already tried reinstalling the game. No Dice.

Delete your game data and user profile/save. Then download premium and the mappacks/patch the game and it should throw a bunch of "you're entitled to..." messages at you. You should be able to load the maps then? Unless you already did that, in which case: scratched disc or something? I dunno, really weird.

BF4:
I swear no one ever reads my thread. :p

QOX8OsL.jpg

Rage, Seks, Rage.

TheSeks

WHY.jpg

It's like they're copying Mass Effect 3's "drop" system but doing it horribly and with no point outside of the XP boost.

And frankly that "XP boost" gives me no hope that the level cap won't be a TOTAL FUCKING GRIND to get to. Ugh. Fuck you DICE. :/

Random cosmetic drops would be pretty cool, actually.

...And frankly that "XP boost" gives me no hope that the level cap won't be a TOTAL FUCKING GRIND to get to. Ugh. Fuck you DICE. :/

You know you don't have to do this, right? There are zero gameplay unlocks past level 45.

TheSeks

You know you don't have to do this, right? There are zero gameplay unlocks past level 45.

WHOOSH.

@dogg: No, that's all server side. When you restart go to "my solider" it'll "updating profile..." and it should spit out a bunch of entitlement stuff. After that try loading the maps and see if it's your disc or if premium corrupted your save profile.

TheSeks

Faceless, are you going to sit in XMB or are you going to play? D:

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I don't know if I can stand another grindy unlock fest (BF4)... I hate that fucking shit so much.

Idk dudes... idk.

TheSeks

I don't know if I can stand another grindy unlock fest (BF4)... I hate that fucking shit so much.

Idk dudes... idk.

I think this outing you should just stick with whatever guns you're comfortable with and go from there. Doing all of them for their 2000/10000's isn't doing me shit for the level cap.

TheSeks

Are you guys playing 1943 without inviting me?

edit: nm, you're playing bf3

We didn't have four people because you weren't on, Mr. Eyetear. (And Rock is asleep in Spain Time)

Also when I'm MVP and I'm literally sitting there slamming the Amtrack into the crate, trying to arm the crate. Maybe arm the crate... and no one comes in to fire support, you're doing something wrong.

Faceless arms B. I beacon near B and... Faceless doesn't spawn on my Beacon but spawns on A which already has a bunch of people there and if he spawned on my beacon he could've probably threw a few grenades to clear the area out after I did so and then got taken out by a shotgun. Ugh.

It's no fault of Faceless' though, he did the best he could while I kept getting right onto the crate and getting mown down (that fucking Sharqi Penn Attack round where I'm literally dropping from Faceless' helicopter to take B get up there fucked up the C4 drop and got mown to where they started to dig in there only for me to finally nail the C4 drop, get down there and arm it) to much frustration. The rest of our team didn't exactly help which is horseshit because we could've rolled them five times over if they actually helped Faceless and I keep momentum up.

Edit: If you want to play 1943 I'm cool with that. I need a relaxing round but Faceless won't join unless it's 4 because he's a bore.

We didn't have four people because you weren't on, Mr. Eyetear. (And Rock is asleep in Spain Time)

Also when I'm MVP and I'm literally sitting there slamming the Amtrack into the crate, trying to arm the crate. Maybe arm the crate... and no one comes in to fire support, you're doing something wrong.

Faceless arms B. I beacon near B and... Faceless doesn't spawn on my Beacon but spawns on A which already has a bunch of people there and if he spawned on my beacon he could've probably threw a few grenades to clear the area out after I did so and then got taken out by a shotgun. Ugh.

It's no fault of Faceless' though, he did the best he could while I kept getting right onto the crate and getting mown down (that fucking Sharqi Penn Attack round where I'm literally dropping from Faceless' helicopter to take B get up there fucked up the C4 drop and got mown to where they started to dig in there only for me to finally nail the C4 drop, get down there and arm it) to much frustration. The rest of our team didn't exactly help which is horseshit because we could've rolled them five times over if they actually helped Faceless and I keep momentum up.

Edit: If you want to play 1943 I'm cool with that. I need a relaxing round but Faceless won't join unless it's 4 because he's a bore.

that team. oh man. that team.

you could spot them a W, I and |\ and they would struggle to get the last | for the win.

TheSeks

that team. oh man. that team.

you could spot them a W, I and |\ and they would struggle to get the last | for the win.

Yeah, you joined me that server after that one easy street win and I'm like "oh man tonight is going to be a grind."

That Wake Island round man. I'm sitting there taking flags and this clan team joins and starts to bleed us. Made me sweat a little but you're at C and I'm like "WHY ISN'T HE TAKING C SO WE CAN BLEED THEM!? D:" *finally make it to C, get taken out* "GODDAMN IT FACELESS HELP!" *PSN MESSAGE: HELP YOU DUMBASS!* (Faceless parks tank at C flag) *spawn, mow down the person that took me out, take C* 9 tickets left to bleed or so but still they were starting to bleed us hard that round and then it was all downhill from there.

OdysseusVA said:
I laughed

It's funny the way I word it, but I'm hauling ass with the Amtrack toward the crate, step out, attempt to arm the crate. If I didn't do that someone would stay WAY THE FUCK BACK and not provide me with armor or a distraction.

And even if I did arm the crate the rest of the team wouldn't show up and the Amtrack (with anyone that wasn't Faceless) dicking around doing god knows what on the gunner seat to where I couldn't step in->X (A on 360?) seat-switch->lay hell-fire on the crate and everything around me until taken out because the fucking Amtrack respawns so stop fucking worrying about the vehicles unless they're attempting to steal them. GOD.

Yeah, you joined me that server after that one easy street win and I'm like "oh man tonight is going to be a grind."

That Wake Island round man. I'm sitting there taking flags and this clan team joins and starts to bleed us. Made me sweat a little but you're at C and I'm like "WHY ISN'T HE TAKING C SO WE CAN BLEED THEM!? D:" *finally make it to C, get taken out* "GODDAMN IT FACELESS HELP!" *PSN MESSAGE: HELP YOU DUMBASS!* (Faceless parks tank at C flag) *spawn, mow down the person that took me out, take C* 9 tickets left to bleed or so but still they were starting to bleed us hard that round and then it was all downhill from there.

It's funny the way I word it, but I'm hauling ass with the Amtrack toward the crate, step out, attempt to arm the crate. If I didn't do that someone would stay WAY THE FUCK BACK and not provide me with armor or a distraction.

And even if I did arm the crate the rest of the team wouldn't show up and the Amtrack (with anyone that wasn't Faceless) dicking around doing god knows what on the gunner seat to where I couldn't step in->X (A on 360?) seat-switch->lay hell-fire on the crate and everything around me until taken out because the fucking Amtrack respawns so stop fucking worrying about the vehicles unless they're attempting to steal them. GOD.

Sounds like our games last weekend. Two days in a row of totally incompetent blueberries. No joke, I almost threw my 360 out the window.

yeah, that wake island game when i was going to C, someone kept locking so i kept stopping and popping smoke.

Dave1988

What did you guys think about the BF4 multi footage @EA conference? I honestly thought that it was some kind of BF3 expansion until they showed the increased environmental destruction.

blahness

Did anyone else see the BF4 multiplayer reveal? Collapsing the pillar in the garage under the street to take down the tank was hot.

TheSeks

Did anyone else see the BF4 multiplayer reveal? Collapsing the pillar in the garage under the street to take down the tank was hot.

The collapsing C was also hot. But the flag remains.

But really the star of the show and what makes me DICE's bitch is Mirror's Edge 2.

I'm so gonna need a PC. :(
Unless Faceless goes PS4

TheSeks

Does it? I'm gonna have to rewatch, that makes for some neat tactical development for the losing side to stop bleeding.

Not that happy about paying for mp, but plus is worth it + I have it till 2015.

PS4+PC confirmed on my end. Looking forward to getting back in business

TheSeks

I'm still on the fence. Paying for multiplayer is a hard pill to swallow after not paying for XBL Gold for about year.

PS+ has value... if you don't buy your shit and wait 6months-a year for the random chance it'll go on rental on the PSN store...

Like I said in another thread: If it was an optional service like it was on PS3, I wouldn't mind PS+ so much. But now that it's being required for online play and may still screw you over on 90% titles you own and 5% being shit you don't care about for the other 5% you may rent? Nope. Steam sales shit all over PS+'s offerings and I don't have to pay to play online for that.

I need to see if MGS5 is coming to PC because at this point that's the only "console exclusive" on my list that I give a damn about on consoles. FF15? I can get that later when the PS4 drops in price.

I'm gladly paying for PS+ already. Steam sales are awesome, but the ridiculous amount of games I played on PS3 for $50 last year puts PS+' offering ahead of Steam in the value per dollar category.

Everyone here should build a high-end gaming pc, but after my experience with pcBF3 I'm not confident pc will be the best BF4 experience.

EDIT: All this BF4 footage is getting me giddy. Let's play today. Message me on Live or Steam when you folks are ready.

TheSeks

So the Close Quarters expansion is free right now. Good thing it's the least played map pack.

Only if you don't already own it. But hey, free Call of Battlefield: Close Shitters for my PC version whenever Faceless confirms he's going PC. >_>

TheSeks

Pfft. Once you own it it's yours. I doubt EA would be dickish enough to remove a free entitlement from people.

TheSeks

They also confirmed spectator mode. Not sure if this means playing back old gameplay and recording it, though.

Doubt it. They probably mean Spectator of the match like FPS of old before you joined the round.

Top Bottom