• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

They just said in the stream that in hardcore mode for BF4, your bullet count in your clips are remembered so if you shoot and reload without using all the bullets, you will have to reload to that clip and only have the amount of bullets left in the clip. Not always a full clip reload. Pretty nice feature.

They just said in the stream that in hardcore mode for BF4, your bullet count in your clips are remembered so if you shoot and reload without using all the bullets, you will have to reload to that clip and only have the amount of bullets left in the clip. Not always a full clip reload. Pretty nice feature.

Are they currently playing Hardcore? I noticed that yesterday and thought it was a neat addition.

burnfout

Only in hardcore mode.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Too bad with the way the game plays/you'll be spawning too often for that to be impacting you.

Unless you're playing sniper-dick, which I guess is possible since it's RuinsBattlefieldCore...

Magazine.

Too bad with the way the game plays/you'll be spawning too often for that to be impacting you.

Unless you're playing sniper-dick, which I guess is possible since it's RuinsBattlefieldCore...

Maybe. It seems like a lot of people playing are running out of ammo quite frequently. The commander keeps failing to drop ammo for the team. Also, is sprint not unlimited anymore?

Magazine.

Whatever. You know what I mean.

tn2007

Sorry I run through ammo with ammo perk all the time. When you play with 64 players you will understand.

TheSeks

Sorry I run through ammo with ammo perk all the time. When you play with 64 players you will understand.

Unless you're surviving with suppressing going on, you're missing my point.

If you're PTFO and dying way before that point, it's basically pointless to have that mechanic.

If you're camping and sitting in area, sure: It's neat... I guess... but for most people they're going to be dying way before that point.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Huh... weird, when I did my 235 cert we called them clips. Instructor made a point about it actually.

Eh... learn something new everyday I guess.

vixlar

Unless you're surviving with suppressing going on, you're missing my point.

If you're PTFO and dying way before that point, it's basically pointless to have that mechanic.

If you're camping and sitting in area, sure: It's neat... I guess... but for most people they're going to be dying way before that point.

I really think soldiers carry too many bullets on BF3. I remember Bad Company 2 that it was a pain to grab an engineer because you finish your bullets too soon. And you should keep stealing weapons. In this game I think I've been out of bullets like three or four times. Not more. And that's without the extra bullets perk.

TheSeks

I really think soldiers carry too many bullets on BF3. I remember Bad Company 2 that it was a pain to grab an engineer because you finish your bullets too soon. And you should keep stealing weapons. In this game I think I've been out of bullets like three or four times. Not more. And that's without the extra bullets perk.

I've ran into a bunch of "no ammo" situations... suppressing. SKS on defense has like 58 rounds in reserve, 38 rounds in the magazine. I think ammo just gives you 10-20% more so that'd be... like... 80 or so rounds in reserve. Whoopie? Running out of ammo is easy there. But for support/LMG? I dunno outside of suppression/camping times.

But that's my point: Most people aren't going to see that situation so including it in a "hardcore"/higher damage mode is pointless. This isn't a "skill" thing that THN wants to dickwave in, this is big-picture observation of how most games and players play out.

nah, any time you get on a good kill streak, ammo becomes scarce.

tn2007

I've ran into a bunch of "no ammo" situations... suppressing. SKS on defense has like 58 rounds in reserve, 38 rounds in the magazine. I think ammo just gives you 10-20% more so that'd be... like... 80 or so rounds in reserve. Whoopie? Running out of ammo is easy there. But for support/LMG? I dunno outside of suppression/camping times.

But that's my point: Most people aren't going to see that situation so including it in a "hardcore"/higher damage mode is pointless. This isn't a "skill" thing that THN wants to dickwave in, this is big-picture observation of how most games and players play out.

Sorry but my point was about player count. More players = more stuff to shoot at = need more ammo. But than you had to bring up skills as if you even had any. Anyways big picture the clip thing should only be hardcore mode. BF3 already has a problem with people dropping ammo so why make a bigger problem out of it. I hope just Faceless comes to PC because I can just see the amount of whining your gonna be posting when you get your shit pushed in. But if you do come I'll make sure I shit on you like I did on PS3 and make you rage quit like always/or switch to the winning team. Can someone tell me if PTFO means quitting on your team or changing teams? If so SEKS PTFOs all the time.

Evolved1

Sorry but my point was about player count. More players = more stuff to shoot at = need more ammo. But than you had to bring up skills as if you even had any. Anyways big picture the clip thing should only be hardcore mode. BF3 already has a problem with people dropping ammo so why make a bigger problem out of it. I hope just Faceless comes to PC because I can just see the amount of whining your gonna be posting when you get your shit pushed in. But if you do come I'll make sure I shit on you like I did on PS3 and make you rage quit like always/or switch to the winning team. Can someone tell me if PTFO means quitting on your team or changing teams? If so SEKS PTFOs all the time.

I think PTFO means "play the fucking objective".

And btw tn2007... you better get a PS4!

TheSeks

I love how THN continues to dickwave his skill while completely missing the point.

Even with higher player counts (more so with higher player counts!) players are going to die before running out of ammo. The gimmick DICE is introducing is pointless. Hardcore damage rate being lower than the standard means you're going to be burning less ammo in general and possibly dying way before the ammo burns out anyway.

It doesn't matter if there's more players or less players the damage rate is going to be the same the maps are probably going to be the same the chokepoints/etc. are going to be the same and at the end of the day 95% of players aren't going to run into that gimmick/situation.

I love how THN continues to dickwave his skill while completely missing the point.

Even with higher player counts (more so with higher player counts!) players are going to die before running out of ammo. The gimmick DICE is introducing is pointless. Hardcore damage rate being lower than the standard means you're going to be burning less ammo in general and possibly dying way before the ammo burns out anyway.

It doesn't matter if there's more players or less players the damage rate is going to be the same the maps are probably going to be the same the chokepoints/etc. are going to be the same and at the end of the day 95% of players aren't going to run into that gimmick/situation.

but you're better than 95% of players and you will run into that situation. it's not just a gimmick for you.

TheSeks

ANYWAY Faceless, Dream, Rock, Bo, Toda: If ya'll want to play 1943 tomorrow or Saturday I'm free to do that. Just send a message on PSN to let me know.

Evolved1

Anyone up for a bit of no-map hardcore? I'm in the mood for some slower-paced shenanigans.

tn2007

You only die if you run around like a fucking retard. If you take your time and get picks, you will have kill streaks and eventually run out of ammo. Again my point was that 90% of the people that play BF3 are already bad so why make it worst by adding stupid gimmicks. But than again you were the smart guy that wants to remove stats. Which is something all the noobs say.

Btw SEKs why don't you go reset your stats again since you don't care about your stats.

Overdoziz

Banned
A7WqkLD.gif

so yeah, i dunno... i might go for a PS4 since i know everyone will have one... but i'm still gonna go for PC. and maybe i'll win an Xbox console for a third time in a row!?

TheSeks

I dunno why you'd want to win the new X-box... The exclusives there aren't really worth the pain in the ass DRM. :/

AlexBasch

Got back into BF3 after a long hiatus thanks to the Souls games.

And now I'm losing CTF games in five minutes.

Maybe the Souls games weren't the reason I took a break from this.

Guys can you help me:

Is the party system still broken?

I wanted to know if I can party up with a friend, and play MP stick together post match and just keep playing.

Possible?

TheSeks

Guys can you help me:

Is the party system still broken?

I wanted to know if I can party up with a friend, and play MP stick together post match and just keep playing.

Possible?

If a squad of 2-4, yes. Anything above that it'll split your "party" to be even on both sides. The party system itself isn't "broken." The auto-balance is what breaks it.

TheSeks

Thanks man, its just the two of us.

Do note that if you're joining a server that is even balanced it will split you in regards to filling the last two slots (11 on each team and you two are joining will make 12 on both sides). This is the auto-balance that is doing it in general, not the party-system.

Tn2007 and TheSeks need to hug it out.

ikdjtwXJkj2kI.gif

Anyway Dreamy, Faceless, Rock, Bo: 1943 around 2-3PM tomorrow, yes? yes?

TheSeks

Ah, so it'd have to be after 5 tomorrow then. I dunno if Rock is able to do that but I know Bo is.

TheSeks

if i got the console for free, i could see myself trying Titanfall. that game looks really interesting!

Going to be available on PC anyway. B)

DATS one. And you say you're in so you better be there anyway if Rock, Dream and Bo don't show up. :)

(And we should play some BC1 sometime to record Deconstruction)

Evolved1

I got work at 2-3 pm.

Also abu confirmed that he's getting a ps4 next gen.

Now we just need to get Crak to come back... it's going to be ridiculous having PS360GAF on one side, all at once.

We're gonna be like Voltron, but instead of combining to form robot guy it'll be a giant steamroller.

Top Bottom