• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, the best thing about it being free is getting the weapons off it. The maps aren't great (pretty to look at, not fun to play) for the price you were getting it at normally.

Nice of EA to offer it for free though. I just wish the 2xEXP was active for longer than it was. Should really be 4xEXP on forever at this point.

TheSeks

Yo, Faceless you're going to get on since you promised, yes? :/

Kak.efes

a4HZmLn.jpg

Pre-ordered a PS4, along with BF4 yesterday.

TheSeks

Well, that's a first. Classic/1943 Wake base rape. The Power of GAF(TM).

TheSeks

1943 feels so damn dated. How the hell do you join a squad via invite?

You can't. It's set-up like BC1. You gotta remember this was Frostbite 1.2 (though I call it Frostbite 1.5).

BC1->1943->BC2->BF3->BF4.

Game's still fun but GAF kinda broke it when we got 4 going. Bo and I struggled and had like 2-3 losses before you joined and we started to turn the tide. I really wanted to have a run around battle on Wake like when 1943 launched in 2009. Such a shame we capped them because Faceless cut the island in half. :(

Well, that's a first. Classic/1943 Wake base rape. The Power of GAF(TM).

that wake game, half the game i was getting changed...

You can't. It's set-up like BC1. You gotta remember this was Frostbite 1.2 (though I call it Frostbite 1.5).

BC1->1943->BC2->BF3->BF4.

Game's still fun but GAF kinda broke it when we got 4 going. Bo and I struggled and had like 2-3 losses before you joined and we started to turn the tide. I really wanted to have a run around battle on Wake like when 1943 launched in 2009. Such a shame we capped them because Faceless cut the island in half. :(

not my fault that two of us can just sail across to their end, cap, kill them and the rest of our team caps the other bases and we just sink them as they roll in.

TheSeks

What surprises me is that the Jeep's "small-arm" fire(?) seems to damage the boats. I'd understand the plane, but the jeeps turret is deadly on those boats.

Anyway, it doesn't change my point that 1943's Wake is fun if it isn't abused/capped quickly like you did. :p It's got hill variations and allows infantry AND vehicles to climb some areas that are like impossible to do in BF3.

PLUS YOU HAVE NO SKYBOX LIMIT. You can go pretty high up in the air before the planes stall unlike BF3. It's one thing I miss in BF3: Being able to find an empty server, go up 7000+ feet in the air, bail go up an additional 100feet and then start to skydive.

(I couldn't pull off a Bond at all today because of the pro pilots there now. :()

What surprises me is that the Jeep's "small-arm" fire(?) seems to damage the boats. I'd understand the plane, but the jeeps turret is deadly on those boats.

Anyway, it doesn't change my point that 1943's Wake is fun if it isn't abused/capped quickly like you did. :p It's got hill variations and allows infantry AND vehicles to climb some areas that are like impossible to do in BF3.

PLUS YOU HAVE NO SKYBOX LIMIT. You can go pretty high up in the air before the planes stall unlike BF3. It's one thing I miss in BF3: Being able to find an empty server, go up 7000+ feet in the air, bail go up an additional 100feet and then start to skydive.

(I couldn't pull off a Bond at all today because of the pro pilots there now. :()

vehicle controls slayed me. i tried to take off in a jet and went down, down, down, down, down!

and i kept pressing the wrong stuff... reverse to go forward, etc... i should have gone back to stickdrive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxCenCGmIjM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6nC6BxzcXg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY4n2ZLcDsk

^^^ shots fired ^^^

So, I think I wuz robbed by EA/DICE! I went 52-12 in this round: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/2/87858561/176838456/. Best k/d, most points, etc. Yet, I only got MVP2. The MVP1 was #5 on the team, and MVP3 was #6. The other member of that squad even scored higher than they did; he was the only one who was k/d positive, yet they got Ace squad instead of us. What gives?

during 2XP the game does some weird things sometimes where some people get their score doubled before final tally and some get it doubled after... that can cause things like what happened to you.

No MVP for camping Seine apartments.

Ouch! It's called defending the flag. Or at least that's what I tell myself to let me sleep at night.

^^^ shots fired ^^^

during 2XP the game does some weird things sometimes where some people get their score doubled before final tally and some get it doubled after... that can cause things like what happened to you.

Those shots can't hit me, because I'm holed up in an apartment.

Yeah, I guess 2XP had something to do with it. Oh, well, take the good with the bad. I'll probably level 3-4 times this 2XP week.

TheSeks

Why does no one fucking spot!? Jesus. Half the time an Amtrack comes up and ambushes me because no one tells me it's coming. Ugh.

I'm pretty sure we lost that round, Evolved. And that was what... 3 losses straight because it kept teamswitching us for balance instead of the squad of 4?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Why does no one fucking spot!? Jesus. Half the time an Amtrack comes up and ambushes me because no one tells me it's coming. Ugh.

I'm pretty sure we lost that round, Evolved. And that was what... 3 losses straight because it kept teamswitching us for balance instead of the squad of 4?

We won the defense right before that one... long, hard-fought win on the last set. Then it team switched us so we had to defend again.

We started out great, but for some reason everyone pulled their SOFLAMs out of the map and we started getting gangbanged by the chopper and all the vehicles pulling up the beach.

That team was so fucking bad. I love battlefield, but it gets really tiring having to do every fucking thing all the time. You cannot count on anyone for anything, ever. No awareness, no brains. Too much pressure all the time to do everything, the games are just marathons and too draining.

I had to take a break man. Especially you know... you get them down to just a couple dozen tickets and then look around, and where is everyone!? Wtf are they doing!? Can an entire team really not deal with a single chopper? Do I (we) have to fight all the armor... and the jet and the chopper!? It's not right.

I cannot wait for the 64 player servers. I cannot fucking wait for that shit. This way 4-5 douche snipers on our team doesn't fuck us the way they do on 12 man teams.

TheSeks

You know that's not true. The reality is 64 players is just going to have most of those filled with useless dicks like now.

As it is I kept attempting to hit the tanks and shit and got taken out because I was the only person RPGing the tanks at times. Then I try to repair tool and that European fuck kept tagging me with a tank. Then they'd park the Amtrack way back to abuse it where I couldn't even see it because no one was spotting to give me a heads up in 3D where it's position was so I had to guess where it was behind cover (or it'd move from where it was 5 seconds ago) and then tag me. Ugh.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
You know that's not true. The reality is 64 players is just going to have most of those filled with useless dicks like now.

As it is I kept attempting to hit the tanks and shit and got taken out because I was the only person RPGing the tanks at times. Then I try to repair tool and that European fuck kept tagging me with a tank. Then they'd park the Amtrack way back to abuse it where I couldn't even see it because no one was spotting to give me a heads up in 3D where it's position was so I had to guess where it was behind cover (or it'd move from where it was 5 seconds ago) and then tag me. Ugh.

Idk... with 32 players per side, I hopefully won't have that constant nagging that I (we) have to do literally every damn thing.

TheSeks

Oh don't get me wrong, I get that feeling often when I'm playing with public people. I'm just saying you know the fanbase isn't going to improve so more slots and autobalance = getting stuck on shitty teams constantly.

Though there's rumblings DICE is making the singleplayer an expanded tutorial for the multiplayer so who knows. Maybe in the singleplayer you have to use the medikits to heal yourself/team instead of having regen health. Kinda like the autoinjector of BC1.

Overdoziz

Banned
BF3PC has some really weird aim acceleration going on if you use a 360 controller.
Also, the campaign may suck, but it sure looks pretty.

Idk... with 32 players per side, I hopefully won't have that constant nagging that I (we) have to do literally every damn thing.

It's much worse with higher player counts. In a 12-on-12 match, one competent squad can reliably control the outcome of 95% of rounds. 64-player matches are giant clusterfucks. It's max-ticket Metro, but worse.

BF3PC has some really weird aim acceleration going on if you use a 360 controller.
Also, the campaign may suck, but it sure looks pretty.

Turn off mouse acceleration.

The more I see of BF4 the less interested I am in it :/

You see something the rest of us didn't? Aside from removing some of the loadouts' opportunity costs, it looks great.

It's much worse with higher player counts. In a 12-on-12 match, one competent squad can reliably control the outcome of 95% of rounds. 64-player matches are giant clusterfucks. It's max-ticket Metro, but worse.

i remember i said the same thing about BC2 Rush vs BF3 Rush!

that will definitely scale up in 32 vs 32 CQ, but hey, maybe there will still be 12 vs 12 CQ and mixed mode servers

What do you mean by Loadout Opportunity Cost?

Being able to carry AT mines and a repair torch concurrently removes the cost of choosing one over the other. Previews indicate that the same philosophy informs vehicle loadouts as well.

...that will definitely scale up in 32 vs 32 CQ...

Only if our "squad" scales. If it takes 1/3 of a team to control a map, we'd need ten people in our chat/squad cooperating to have the same effect. That shit ain't happening.

TheSeks

Being able to carry AT mines and a repair torch concurrently removes the cost of choosing one over the other. Previews indicate that the same philosophy informs vehicle loadouts as well..

Oh, they're changing loadouts back to having AT mines and the repair tool? I dunno, I think that's for the better. You lose long-range AT effects for close-range/"trap" effects in that case.

Worked in BC2 just fine.

Top Bottom