• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

vixlar

Oh, they're changing loadouts back to having AT mines and the repair tool? I dunno, I think that's for the better. You lose long-range AT effects for close-range/"trap" effects in that case.

Worked in BC2 just fine.

Actually the gadgets are not fixed to a slot anymore. You can chose any combination of gadgets you want in the slots you want. (if you like to press left to use the RPG you put it in slot 1. If you want to press right instead put it on slot 2)

Being able to carry AT mines and a repair torch concurrently removes the cost of choosing one over the other. Previews indicate that the same philosophy informs vehicle loadouts as well.

Only if our "squad" scales. If it takes 1/3 of a team to control a map, we'd need ten people in our chat/squad cooperating to have the same effect. That shit ain't happening.
that's what i meant about scaling up. more people.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Actually the gadgets are not fixed to a slot anymore. You can chose any combination of gadgets you want in the slots you want. (if you like to press left to use the RPG you put it in slot 1. If you want to press right instead put it on slot 2)

So, in theory I can Stinger Slot-2 and RPG-7 Slot-1?

DolanEverythingWasDisabled.gif?

TheSeks

Just wheel me to a rock, captain tank driver. I'll handle the rest.

No_Style

Finally breaking down the barriers.

TheSeks

Guys, did EA already turn off the Online Pass requirement for BF3? If not, did they provide a date?

Online pass is still required since that's how the game was built. But the online pass itself should be free in your console store.

RdN

Online pass is still required since that's how the game was built. But the online pass itself should be free in your console store.

Thanks! It is indeed free. Downloading the 2gb update now. I'm late for the party, but I'll use it as training for BF4.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
They should have fixed matchmaking to take your SPM in account when balancing servers... been playing a lot the past few days, and cannot believe how almost every server is a lopsided mess. Can't imagine the number of new people being turned off to the game because of the lopsidedness and frustration it inevitably causes.

TheSeks

They should have fixed matchmaking to take your SPM in account when balancing servers... been playing a lot the past few days, and cannot believe how almost every server is a lopsided mess. Can't imagine the number of new people being turned off to the game because of the lopsidedness and frustration it inevitably causes.

Or most of them don't care. Just wanna shoot some shit from far away... mannnnnn. *lights up spliff*

Tawpgun

Last night I got to play with some friends and there was six of us rolling on Karkand Conquest Assault, one communicating squad can be deadly. Two was overkill. Loved it.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
870MCS with Slug rounds and 6x scope is god-tier.

Why is there always some dick on my team that revives people a second after they die, only for them to die again? Sometimes twice in a row, too.

Also, for some reason my camo keeps becoming Premium 2 even though I chose Premium 3. DOes anyone know how I can stop this from happening?

870MCS with Slug rounds and 6x scope is god-tier.

Why is there always some dick on my team that revives people a second after they die, only for them to die again? Sometimes twice in a row, too.

Also, for some reason my camo keeps becoming Premium 2 even though I chose Premium 3. DOes anyone know how I can stop this from happening?

quality revives! gotta get dem points!

quality revives! gotta get dem points!

For real. Anyone that doesn't appreciate a quality revive is an ingrate, especially when the developers kowtowed to their special needs with the opt out option . Don't want to get revived? Don't die. It's very simple.

"Clear out these enemies that I failed to kill and then revive me when it's nice and safe."

When the PS4 comes out I'll just take over the controls and play for you guys, how about that?

I love quality revives. You all have carte blanche to revive me anytime.

TheSeks

The problem with reviving in a gunfight is that you prolong their respawn.

Oh, whoopie, you got 200 points and then died as well. That's two tickets lost, you made the person that died respawn ten seconds later instead of five (which is important depending on mode), and gained 200 points. ChristianBaleGOODFORYOU.mp3

Meanwhile, if you cleared 2-3 enemies out you'd get 200-300(?) points, revive 200 points, and not lose a ticket. Much more efficient to do and doesn't revive someone into trying to slowly move only to die in the process (no, opt-out doesn't work when opting-out doesn't trigger before someone kills you two seconds after the person reviving you revived you.)

The only time Devil May Care Revives should happen is if you're 10 tickets or less or facing strong opposition. Otherwise waiting to revive someone is more "courteous" since you're not putting them in a death loop.

The problem with reviving in a gunfight is that you prolong their respawn.

Oh, whoopie, you got 200 points and then died as well. That's two tickets lost, you made the person that die respawn ten seconds later instead of five (which is important depending on mode), and gained 200 points. ChristianBaleGOODFORYOU.mp3

Meanwhile, if you cleared 2-3 enemies out you'd get 200-300(?) points, revive 200 points, and not lose a ticket. Much more efficient to do and doesn't revive someone into trying to slowly move only to die in the process (no, opt-out doesn't work when opting-out doesn't trigger before someone kills you two seconds after the person reviving you revived you.)

No, you're wrong.

TheSeks

How am I wrong? You revived someone, they get shot two seconds later and then you get shot. Whoopie, you got points. You still lost two tickets because you went for the revive instead of the clear/making sure the area is safe to revive. It's simple math.

Tickets saved > points earned.

I know you're trying to "get my goat" by being obtuse or whatever but let's be real: reviving pointlessly to get those points in the middle of danger is pretty stupid and doesn't help the person you revived get to safety most of the time.

This wouldn't be a problem if the invulnerability wasn't so easy to break/revives actually had a chance to opt-out. Even if I don't move and just sit there and press O/B to say "no, I don't revive" 9/10 of the time I'm still going to get primary weapon/pistoled in the face two seconds after the screen brings me "back"/my body turns over in the revive animation.

How am I wrong? You revived someone, they get shot two seconds later and then you get shot. Whoopie, you got points. You still lost two tickets because you went for the revive instead of the clear/making sure the area is safe to revive. It's simple math.

Tickets saved > points earned.

I know you're trying to "get my goat" by being obtuse or whatever but let's be real: reviving pointlessly to get those points in the middle of danger is pretty stupid and doesn't help the person you revived get to safety most of the time.

This wouldn't be a problem if the invulnerability wasn't so easy to break/revives actually had a chance to opt-out. Even if I don't move and just sit there and press O/B to say "no, I don't revive" 9/10 of the time I'm still going to get primary weapon/pistoled in the face two seconds after the screen brings me "back"/my body turns over in the revive animation.

1. Two targets are more difficult to kill than one.
  2. Two guns are better than one
  3. It's fun
  4. When you both successfully evade heavy fire after a quality revive, there is no better feeling in the game
  5. The fault of being revived in a deadly situation (right in front of a tank, middle of a road with no cover) lies with dead party, not the reviver. Don't put yourself in stupid situations.
  6. Successfully reviving someone in front of a damn tank, and making it to cover alive?! WOOOOOOOOO!

Overdoziz

Banned
For real. Anyone that doesn't appreciate a quality revive is an ingrate, especially when the developers kowtowed to their special needs with the opt out option . Don't want to get revived? Don't die. It's very simple.

"Clear out these enemies that I failed to kill and then revive me when it's nice and safe."

When the PS4 comes out I'll just take over the controls and play for you guys, how about that?

I love quality revives. You all have carte blanche to revive me anytime.

1. Two targets are more difficult to kill than one.
  2. Two guns are better than one
  3. It's fun
  4. When you both successfully evade heavy fire after a quality revive, there is no better feeling in the game
  5. The fault of being revived in a deadly situation (right in front of a tank, middle of a road with no cover) lies with dead party, not the reviver. Don't put yourself in stupid situations.
  6. Successfully reviving someone in front of a damn tank, and making it to cover alive?! WOOOOOOOOO!
all of my lols

-Stranger-

I'll be getting BF4 on Xbox One, mainly because i can't imagine playing BF with a PS controller as i've always played the series on 360.

The 360 controller feels better for most FPS.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I'll be getting BF4 on Xbox One, mainly because i can't imagine playing BF with a PS controller as i've always played the series on 360.

The 360 controller feels better for most FPS.

you haven't heard the good news about the Ps4 controller have you?

From all accounts people say Sony fixed the Duel Shocks problems

JJD

Pre ordered my PS4, but I'm probably only picking it up late December!

Glad to hear Abu is coming back, I thought he said he was moving to Brazil or something...I thought he stopped gaming altogether.

Crak used to show up on my friendlist every now and then...but he never picked BF3, I wonder if he'll try 4.

I'm happy to hear a lot of the usual gaffers are picking up BF4. It will be really great to see how much a single GAF squad will affect a 64 player game.

Usually 4 of us is all it takes to win a game, but I guess we will have a harder time making a difference with 32 players on each side!

I'm excited, BF4 looks really good!

Top Bottom