• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

olimpia84

Anybody in here playing The Last of Us multiplayer? I hate to go to the official thread and add new people to my FL which is getting hammered with randoms from that Toro game (thanks Seks)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Anybody in here playing The Last of Us multiplayer? I hate to go to the official thread and add new people to my FL which is getting hammered with randoms from that Toro game (thanks Seks)

I love the core game, but don't really play games with boosters and I despise the listen mode being in mp.So, I was going to probably put it down until they (hopefully) release a mode without all the bullshit.

That said, I'm still decent at it, and will join you anytime if you need some teammates. I do quite enjoy the core experience.

olimpia84

I love the core game, but don't really play games with boosters and I despise the listen mode being in mp.So, I was going to probably put it down until they (hopefully) release a mode without all the bullshit.

That said, I'm still decent at it, and will join you anytime if you need some teammates. I do quite enjoy the core experience.

I haven't even tried the MP yet, but reading the OT sounds like there's a lot of teamwork involved so that's why I would rather play it with gaffers I already know. Will probably give MP a shot this week.

Evolved1

I haven't even tried the MP yet, but reading the OT sounds like there's a lot of teamwork involved so that's why I would rather play it with gaffers I already know. Will probably give MP a shot this week.

Yes, it's all about the team. 99% of the time, the team that sticks close together will absolutely dominate those who separate.

Anyway... hit me up anytime, I'm down.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
add new people to my FL which is getting hammered with randoms from that Toro game (thanks Seks)

You do know you can go into the options menu and turn yourself being shown in randoms lobbies off, right?

BNiEYaICcAABjNC.jpg:large

BNiEdxWCQAAzv_i.jpg:large

Which reminds me I need to check in on that app as it's been a few days.

Evolved1

Nerf that Recon class some more.
It's truly becoming a sniper-only class. *sigh*

Nm, they won't even have arms.

Gf0YIJz.png

I read that recons can use carbines, have C4, and motion balls are back... this is some BC2 recon goodness, unless I'm mistaken.

TheSeks

I really don't see why they'd change PDW from all-class and make Carbines it. It's basically the same thing, isn't it? I mean the AKS-74U and FN P90 or PDW-R is just going to mow faces no matter what if the maps are still small enough to be worth that over a sniper-rifle.

Evolved1

I really don't see why they'd change PDW from all-class and make Carbines it. It's basically the same thing, isn't it? I mean the AKS-74U and FN P90 or PDW-R is just going to mow faces no matter what if the maps are still small enough to be worth that over a sniper-rifle.

I really like the idea of a carbine / C4 / motion ball recon. Since there is no VSS, a higher ROF carbine is closer imo to my favorite BC2 build than a PDW would be.

TheSeks

Wouldn't shooting while in water (unless "above" water) normally lock/jam the gun?
---

And we had a round where we were 6 on our team versus a full 12 for the majority of Caspian Border Babby mode and still won. Yeah.

TheSeks

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Yes.

Holy shit, I was really 52% accurate that round? I don't think I even fired anything but the tank shells after a bit when I had to get in the tank to revolve around B/C/D and Call of Duty joined me on that.

Any vehicle?

How do revives work? When does the death count and when does it not?

TheSeks

Any vehicle?

Humvee and attack/transport choppers. Tanks can not be shot-out for obvious reasons.

Basically anything you see can be shot through.

How do revives work? When does the death count and when does it not?

Revives refund a ticket in modes that have them. Otherwise it refunds a kill-confirm in TDM IIRC.

Revives remove a death from the player being revived unless they die again (possible since the invulner isn't really there for revive protection...) or aren't revived (revive icon goes away) in which case the death counts/ticket is lost.

For the killer the kill isn't taken away from their KDR/score and a second kill after you revive someone only for the killer to kill them again will count as another kill.

Dacon

Banned
I just got banned on a server I play pretty frequently and the reason given for it was "suspicious stats"? The only reason for this I can imagine is that I was doing too good for some people and they thought I was cheating as a result? I mean ffs my k/d wasn't even that good.

Is there any way I can contest a ban? Or is that, that?

Top Bottom