• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
well, most PS3 games use L1/R1 and either choice is controversial

Thing is: PS design decisions on FPS has been L1/R1 for two or three generations now. Changing that kinda rubs a deep seated muscle memory the wrong way.

And until we try the triggers I'm not a believer after the terrible PS3 ones.

I just got banned on a server I play pretty frequently and the reason given for it was "suspicious stats"? The only reason for this I can imagine is that I was doing too good for some people and they thought I was cheating as a result? I mean ffs my k/d wasn't even that good.

Is there any way I can contest a ban? Or is that, that?

Stop playing on private servers.

TheSeks

This pretty much. The very first thing I do before I play is getting on the Browser and look for official DICE servers. The problem is there aren't too many of them =/

There is, but they're always full/empty.

And yeah, I liked the idea of private servers but the console community just isn't the same as PC. While you still have those dickheads on PC generally you'll find good server(s) and then run with them as a "family" on PC.

(Man, I miss Dayentech's insta-freeze on Q3A)

Thing is: PS design decisions on FPS has been L1/R1 for two or three generations now. Changing that kinda rubs a deep seated muscle memory the wrong way.

And until we try the triggers I'm not a believer after the terrible PS3 ones.

most of the games i played in the PS2/PS3 era (TimeSplitters, many first party games, UT3) had the option for L2/R2 and really, in the PS1 and early PS2 era, the default shoot buttons for many games was a face button, []/X/O and people complained about that change too.

good news Olimpia!

VXug9ep.png

Atacama in top two hahahahahaaha we all know why!

I just got banned on a server I play pretty frequently and the reason given for it was "suspicious stats"? The only reason for this I can imagine is that I was doing too good for some people and they thought I was cheating as a result? I mean ffs my k/d wasn't even that good.

Is there any way I can contest a ban? Or is that, that?

Being banned is a compliment to your skills. I suppose you could message the admin/owner, but I wouldn't expect anything to come of it. There are plenty of other servers out there. A bunch of us were banned last night for rolling over them 3 rounds in a row. In fact, nobody from the original side lasted the round. They banned up to 23 people just so they could win.

TheSeks

good news Olimpia!

Atacama in top two hahahahahaaha we all know why!

Panama is MBisonYESYES.gif

Atacama is very no. I had my fill of that for one life time.

Arica can come though. If it is just the middle/"city" area that is one flag. Otherwise they need to redo it to where it isn't a straight line and uses the map more.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I would trade every BC2 & BF3 map combined for my favorite few BC1 maps.

End of the Line I could play like some people play Metro. 24/7 500% hahaha

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
BF4 hype has me intrigued to snag the Premium Edition 360 disc.

Anything to keep in mind doing this? That $40 gets me the vanilla game and all 5 expansions right? Are the maps download codes or included on disc? How much HDD space is needed in full for all those map packs, HD texture pack, disc install, and patches overall? I'll definitely need to make room(my 250gb drive is nearly full), but I want a ballpark figure.

Thanks!

Overdoziz

Banned
I've got all map packs, the HD textures and all required patches on my 20GB hard drive (Of which you can actually only use around 15GB anyway). That's without installing the game itself, though.

meppi

meppi, are you eventually migrating to PS4 and BF4?

Absolutely! :)
Me and Mancunian will be getting a PS4 on day one.
Even after Microsoft changed all the DRM stuff, my mind was made up.
I'm not supporting a company that was willing to screw us over in such a way.
Even if I end up getting a new Xbox one day, it'll only be for exclusives and even then I'll make it a point of buying all the games on it second hand. ;)

Evolved1

"sniper rifles with 4x scope or lower only, 6x and up banned, quick scoping encouraged"

They should just let all weapons, equipment, vehicles be sever toggles (toggled off)

People pay for the servers... they literally pay for the servers... let them host the types of games they want. It bothers me that we cannot do this.

Absolutely! :)
Me and Mancunian will be getting a PS4 on day one.
Even after Microsoft changed all the DRM stuff, my mind was made up.
I'm not supporting a company that was willing to screw us over in such a way.
Even if I end up getting a new Xbox one day, it'll only be for exclusives and even then I'll make it a point of buying all the games on it second hand. ;)

Good news.

As far as the XB1... if enough must haves come out, maybe I'll pick it up at some point. Not at launch or even in the first year though. I could use the same $$$ to build a better PC that I've been putting off forever.

meppi

Never been a PC gamer myself. Well besides Half-Life 1 multiplayer which I played and loved for over 6 years.
It just doesn't entice me at all. I it did I'd pick one up tomorrow. As of now, I'm happy with my MacBook Pro as I don't game on it at all.
Switching back to Sony is basically out of resentment for what MS tried to pull off. Call it a choice for the lesser of two evils. At least those guys finally are trying to be the good guys again. ;)

Evolved1

Oh yeah... funny story.

Seks called me a moron yesterday, in ALL CAPS.

lol

TheSeks

Oh yeah... funny story.

Seks called me a moron yesterday, in ALL CAPS.

lol

DUUUUUUUDE. They were coming to E after I capped and struggled to get the helicopter that you turned sideways upright. You're hauling ass to B. WHY.jpg

Ya'll were over at A/B constantly while I was hoofing it around C/D/E and I'm like "WTF why am I the only one sitting over here attempting to take these two to bleed them!? D:"

Evolved1

DUUUUUUUDE. They were coming to E after I capped and struggled to get the helicopter that you turned sideways upright. You're hauling ass to B. WHY.jpg

Ya'll were over at A/B constantly while I was hoofing it around C/D/E and I'm like "WTF why am I the only one sitting over here attempting to take these two to bleed them!? D:"

I'm not clairvoyant. And with console player count, five flag Wake is a capping carousel. You see, we had that flag, so I figured, lets go get one we don't have. Do not be alarmed, but this is my general strategy in conquest.

I apologize for not have any telepathic intuition informing me of your apparently strong emotional attachment to echo flag.This is a shortcoming, I admit.

lol, payback

Oh yeah... btw I turned the transport on its side, but then you did the exact same thing right after me! hahaha I got back in it after you jumped out. That entire sequence was a bit of a fiasco.

TheSeks

Except I've been sitting there attempting to take the west coast for the whole round. I dunno how we suddenly capped all the flags FINALLY with Olimpia and you at A and then I spawning (and then sitting there for you three to spawn) on that after making sure E was secured but it was pissing me off to constantly attack that flag, go for D (to prevent anti-air cheese from hitting you/Olimpia in the helicopter) only for E to start blinking again two minutes later. Haul back down there by myself cap it and then attempt to sit there. Oy.

Generally if we have the ticket lead you want to sit for a minute and make sure there is no hidden stragglers coming to cap the flag again.

but then you did the exact same thing right after me

Yeah, because the rotor caught the wall or something and then turned it sideways. At that point I was like "Fuck it, I'm going to D" (which was blinking) and then you got it back and I'm like "oh, well then I'll have him hover over D and lay hellfire on it to cap it."

(Hauls ass to B)

"WTF YOU MORON! DON'T YOU SEE THE INFANTRY GOING TO E!? WTF!?"

(B gets capped, helicopter in the air)

I disable it and they bail. Then... we get... jet rammed(?).

Evolved1

I honestly don't recall how it ended... other than I think we won the round.

TheSeks

Yeah, I know. I yelled at you in more annoyance and frustration of attempting to cap E by myself while running D/E too and from while Olimpia, Ejas, and you were over at A/B. It was annoying as hell attempting to take two flags by myself and then have them retake it when I thought it was clear.

If I could camp a flag while someone else went to attack I wouldn't have been driven as bonkers.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So i just grabbed the premium edition and am patching now.(360)

What do I need to know for linking up with gaffers for some games? Gamertag=No Depth.

JJD

Didn't you just buy a new one? What will this be, a new new one?

I bought a Panasonic VT50 a couple months ago since my Samsung Plasma died on me. Used the TV for 2 months and it stopped working too. I don't know what happened.

It's been almost 2 months since I sent the TV for repairs. Panasonic still haven't called me. Going to ask for my money back.

I'm tired of Plasmas dying on me. Going to buy a LED TV for the first time, I always had Plasmas, never owned an LCD. Gonna grab a Sony 55W900A, recent reviews measured input lag on then at a measly 8ms, or half of a frame compared to a lag free CRT TVs.

It's the best result for the last 5 years. Supposedly they are amazing for gaming even when you consider motion blur (a common LED/LCD problem).

I got another TV on the house, but my girlfriend won't let me play on it.

To level up, run a pdw or shotgun. To play recon effectively, sks for semi-auto, M40A5 or SV98 with lower-power optics for bolt.

This

So i just grabbed the premium edition and am patching now.(360)

What do I need to know for linking up with gaffers for some games? Gamertag=No Depth.

lostsupper is kinda the unofficial leader of the 360Gaf crew. Just send him a friend request and he will hook you up.

meppi

What? You're back Meppi?

Damn! I gotta get my shit together and buy a new TV already!

Yeah, for a couple of weeks already actually. ;)
Gonna be fun getting back together with you guys. :)

Was going to mention to get a Panasonic, but I just read about your troubles with it.
I've had my plasma for nearly 5 years now and never had any problem with it.
Guess something always can go wrong...
I'm even planning on getting a 65" one and put the 46" in the bedroom once I find a new home and sell the old one. It's about time I get out of the city and all the stress and noise that comes with it, and find myself a nice place where it's more peaceful and that's also a little bigger.
Since Panasonic are planning to stop developing new plasma technology, I'm actually a bit worried about what I would do once they can't be found any longer.

TheSeks

Then what do you guys recommend I use? Semi-auto? Shotgun? SMG?

PDW-R/P90 if you have them in level. Otherwise the one Uzi that isn't an Uzi that I'm blanking on the name right now.

Otherwise the SKS is good if you're on the RU team and slap anything that isn't the default scope on it. If you get good with that you don't need a sniper.

@JJD: You should just get a monitor or something. LCD 19" has been fine for me since I use it for PC work as well. Problem is black crush and having to adjust the colors since BF has a more darker/muted color selection but otherwise it's fine.

JJD

Yeah, for a couple of weeks already actually. ;)
Gonna be fun getting back together with you guys. :)

Was going to mention to get a Panasonic, but I just read about your troubles with it.
I've had my plasma for nearly 5 years now and never had any problem with it.
Guess something always can go wrong...
I'm even planning on getting a 65" one and put the 46" in the bedroom once I find a new home and sell the old one. It's about time I get out of the city and all the stress and noise that comes with it, and find myself a nice place where it's more peaceful and that's also a little bigger.
Since Panasonic are planning to stop developing new plasma technology, I'm actually a bit worried about what I would do once they can't be found any longer.

Panasonic planning to stop developing plasmas is one of the issues I have when I think of buying another one.

I got in contact with the technician responsible for fixing my TV and he said he's waiting for the spare parts he ordered...2 months ago! Imagine if Pana drops out of the Plasma business, it will be even harder to find spare parts around here.

I don't want to buy a LED TV, but I really think it's my best choice right now. I just wish Sony had released the W900A series in 65 inch...it's going to be hard to go back to a smaller TV.

If Panasonic releases the VT60 or the ZT60 here in the next few months, depending on the price maybe I'll reconsider my decision, but right now it seems I'm getting a LED.

Good to know you're back, even if just for awhile. I miss playing with you and the rest of the guys.

meppi

Panasonic planning to stop developing plasmas is one of the issues I have when I think of buying another one.

I got in contact with the technician responsible for fixing my TV and he said he's waiting for the spare parts he ordered...2 months ago! Imagine if Pana drops out of the Plasma business, it will be even harder to find spare parts around here.

I don't want to buy a LED TV, but I really think it's my best choice right now. I just wish Sony had released the W900A series in 65 inch...it's going to be hard to go back to a smaller TV.

If Panasonic releases the VT60 or the ZT60 here in the next few months, depending on the price maybe I'll reconsider my decision, but right now it seems I'm getting a LED.

Good to know you're back, even if just for awhile. I miss playing with you and the rest of the guys.
I'm not sure which one I'll be going for in the end.
I was thinking about the VT60 since it goes to 65", but I've just seen the ZT60 and that screen really if gorgeous, even if it maxes out at 60".
As long as input lag is minimal, I think I might go with that one.

Oh and I'm not just staying for a while. ;)
After E3 I decided to try out BF3 on PS3 again to get used to the controller again in anticipation for the PS4.
Still not my favourite controller, but at least the deadzone is a lot better compared to the 360 ones which are really large.
Still don't like the floppy sticks though, but at least that seems to be fixed for the PS4.
Overall I'm adapting quite well, but I still get moments where I get the shoulder buttons wrong or mess up my aim due to being used to the other setup.
Can't really complain though as it's going pretty well I'd say. Just wish the netcode for this game was a lot better with all the rubber-banding and hit detection problems.

Top Bottom