• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Ghazi

Woah Woah Woah Woah, back the fuck up for a minute; there's an arcade in nashville that had a local tourney. MY FUCKING GOD AND I MISSED IT!!!!

I'm referring to 1:14; now I feel depressed, I would've soooo gone to this.

Also, Battlefield.

I've been screwing around with Assault lately and I just noticed that I have different guns for each faction. Do they have different stats/are unique or are they equivalent to another gun on the opposite faction?

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Woah Woah Woah Woah, back the fuck up for a minute; there's an arcade in nashville that had a local tourney. MY FUCKING GOD AND I MISSED IT!!!!

I'm referring to 1:14; now I feel depressed, I would've soooo gone to this.

Also, Battlefield.

I've been screwing around with Assault lately and I just noticed that I have different guns for each faction. Do they have different stats/are unique or are they equivalent to another gun on the opposite faction?
They're different, I think (I never use them, so I dunno). You unlock the other one at the end of your kit progression.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
All the guns have different stats. The faction guns/pistols unlock at the end of unlocking. (I forget if Pistols do, I think it's 100 kills with the M9/MP-443 to unlock it for the other faction) M1911 S-Tac is unlocked through assignments along with the DLC expansion weapons that are tied to said assignments.

As far as stats: Like I said, different stats. But you get a "feel" for each of the guns and then find the ones you prefer. Though I suggest trying them all and getting a few unlocks to see if a gun you don't initially like (A-91 has TERRIBLE FUCKING IRON SIGHTS. GOD.) suddenly becomes death incarnate for you (T red-dot sight on A-91 = dead men).

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The end...oh my.....that was fantastic.

Hey, I had to jump off for a bit, sorry to leave. I was going to leave earlier, but I hung around to take my loss like a man... instead of quitting like many people do.

Anyway, sorry to leave you stuck with that mess of a team.

Evolved1

I have no clue how you read any of those stats. But wow, the G3 is the weakest(?) gun on assault? No wonder I felt it didn't feel as good as the BC2 variant of it.

It also has slow-ass ROF that makes it pretty tough gun to use. Slap a suppressor on there and it's even worse.

Of course, I still use it all the time, since I just like how it looks.

Ghazi

Minor but real differences.

http://symthic.com/bf3-weapon-charts

But really, use what you enjoy. I use the guns with the most style, bro.

All the guns have different stats. The faction guns/pistols unlock at the end of unlocking. (I forget if Pistols do, I think it's 100 kills with the M9/MP-443 to unlock it for the other faction) M1911 S-Tac is unlocked through assignments along with the DLC expansion weapons that are tied to said assignments.

As far as stats: Like I said, different stats. But you get a "feel" for each of the guns and then find the ones you prefer. Though I suggest trying them all and getting a few unlocks to see if a gun you don't initially like (A-91 has TERRIBLE FUCKING IRON SIGHTS. GOD.) suddenly becomes death incarnate for you (T red-dot sight on A-91 = dead men).

They're different, I think (I never use them, so I dunno). You unlock the other one at the end of your kit progression.

Ahhh ok; Cool, I've been rolling with the M16A4 for a while on the Assault class and it's been working well. I have a couple service stars with it, actually. But I've been trying out other classes too and have noticed the different weapons when I get put on different factions. That's cool that they have unique stats.

I wonder why more people (randoms) do not use smoke? It is crazy effective, both defensively and attacking wise.

A couple of days ago, I was playing Noshar and I entered one of building where the third set of M-Coms are.

Anyway, I was there slightly late, and I found three guys setting up, they shot at me and trapped me in the corner between a couple of stacked boxes.

I was at 58 health, and a grenade was thrown my way, so I put a smoke down and just stood in it, managed to kill all three.

Two of them had the laser sight, so it was easy to see them amongst it.

Love smoke.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Are Firestorm and Caspian the worst maps in the console version? They're so big that once a few people get into vehicles, there's practically no one to find. Anyone know if the same problem persists in the PC version? I know it's 64 players on PC, but wouldn't the larger maps cause the same problem?

Evolved1

Are Firestorm and Caspian the worst maps in the console version? They're so big that once a few people get into vehicles, there's practically no one to find. Anyone know if the same problem persists in the PC version? I know it's 64 players on PC, but wouldn't the larger maps cause the same problem?

The problem with consoles is too many vehicles. Especially jets. Jets shouldn't even be in the game due to player count.

And they have waaaaaay too many tanks in the game too.

They should have taken a page out of BC2 design... you know the game that was infinitely replayable. But they didn't.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The problem with consoles is too many vehicles. Especially jets. Jets shouldn't even be in the game due to player count.

They should have taken a page out of BC2 design... you know the game that was infinitely replayable. But they didn't.
BC2 is easily the greatest multiplayer console game that I've ever played. Such fantastic maps (at least, suited to consoles). BF3 is a PC game that seems to have been bastardized to be a console game. Hopefully, since BF4 will be 64 players on PS4/One, this won't be a problem. It's so frustrating spawning and running over and over again to try to find someone. It's probably why so many people play Metro.

Sajjaja

Hey, I had to jump off for a bit, sorry to leave. I was going to leave earlier, but I hung around to take my loss like a man... instead of quitting like many people do.

Anyway, sorry to leave you stuck with that mess of a team.

Lol no problem. I joined late anyways so I didn't suffer too much.

Today marked a mile stone guys. I destroyed a flying helicopter while I was flying a jet. No kill though lol. Making my way. Didn't know there was something called a brake turn, going top make it very useful lol.

Best game I've ever had so far I think

Q7kZDVE.jpg

Evolved1

well, finished TLOU, back to BF3.

Did you like it?

edit: I'm just curious, since in like five years you've been on my FL I've never seen you play anything but BF. I did a double take the other day when I turned on the PS3 and saw you were playing TLoU.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Now play Uncharted.
And ignore the multiplayer which was gold that they turned into shit.

I dunno. Jet pilots that are good are really helpful (and annoying!) on the team, 12 players or not. If they're not sitting in the air with their dick in their hands, they can be EXTREMELY deadly on objectives, more so in Rush with strafing runs on the open-air crates.

As for the tanks: I disagree. Mostly because I enjoy the vehicle battles. But I can see where you're coming from as an infantry player as well. Sometimes the team isn't engineers and then gets rolled by a tank team/team-stealers.

Only mode to play baby.

Not on consoles, nononono.

Until they have maps that are more than straight lines and more flags than 3 (and 4 sometimes!) on consoles, Conquest outright sucks.

And no, Conquest Assault isn't the answer for this.

Not on consoles, nononono.

Until they have maps that are more than straight lines and more flags than 3 (and 4 sometimes!) on consoles, Conquest outright sucks.

And no, Conquest Assault isn't the answer for this.

the answer is ... some maps should have two uncaps ... some should have 1 ... some should have 0 ... <3 Crossing Over

Evolved1

PS3 gaf has abandoned BF3... I feel so lonely.

I guess 360 gaf automatically wins by forfeit.

Top Bottom