• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

How do you guys feel about playing on a server with auto-balance off so we don't have to keep playing musical chairs at the start of every round?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
How do you guys feel about playing on a server with auto-balance off so we don't have to keep playing musical chairs at the start of every round?

Only possible in custom servers and if you're doing that I hope you're the admin.

Anyway, game crashed. I think that's my cue to take a break after 2-3 hours. We only lost like 4 rounds and then Dan joined in that Wake I thought we would lose and we held them off, crazy.

But that Sharqi Defense was HORRIBLE. I'm sitting in B and get mown and no one else sets up or tries to set traps on the stairs for paradrops and beacon to let us know where they are. Ugh.

TheSeks

the answer is ... some maps should have two uncaps ... some should have 1 ... some should have 0 ... <3 Crossing Over

Basically, BC1 had it right. I dunno why DICE decided to reduce it outside of "no player traffic at some flags." Uh, that allows peoples to sneak in and grab a flag. That's worth it?

Damn it, I gotta really stop hitting reply on habit.

@Evolved: I got bored of grinding to top level. At this point I'm never going to reach it unless I play Metro 24/7 which isn't fun. No one plays Rush nightly for me to care. Plus, I'm trying to finish Saint's Row 3 to get back to finishing X-com (only going to do a play-through of that and then quit it).

If people played Rush I'd be there. As it is I get tired of linear 3-flag.

Basically, BC1 had it right. I dunno why DICE decided to reduce it outside of "no player traffic at some flags." Uh, that allows peoples to sneak in and grab a flag. That's worth it?

@Evolved: I got bored of grinding to top level. At this point I'm never going to reach it unless I play Metro 24/7 which isn't fun. No one plays Rush nightly for me to care. Plus, I'm trying to finish Saint's Row 3 to get back to finishing X-com (only going to do a play-through of that and then quit it).

we play lots of rush on san roku maru

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

I sold all my games and game consoles the other day. All I have left is BF3 and the stuff on my HDD. So I'll probably be playing a lot of BF until PS4 drops in Nov.

I'm going to make 100!

Lol... if you ever want to play Rush, just message me. I honesty prefer it. Less running, more combat.

BoatAck

Only possible in custom servers and if you're doing that I hope you're the admin.

Anyway, game crashed. I think that's my cue to take a break after 2-3 hours. We only lost like 4 rounds and then Dan joined in that Wake I thought we would lose and we held them off, crazy.

But that Sharqi Defense was HORRIBLE. I'm sitting in B and get mown and no one else sets up or tries to set traps on the stairs for paradrops and beacon to let us know where they are. Ugh.

That was my plan, but I accidentally spawned with the SOFLAM :( Both those Sharqi rounds were bad for me. I'm glad I stayed for the Wake defense and we made their top players quit. I couldn't go to work with my last two matches being those Sharqi defeats.

Lol... if you ever want to play Rush, just message me. I honesty prefer it. Less running, more combat.

I like Rush too, I just usually play conquest if I'm by myself or if I join someone else already playing.

TheSeks

:lol I was wondering why you were making that the highlight of that recording. I'm sure you were like "WTF is he doing running right past me. OHHHHH!"

Funny thing is that dude had like 10% health left before I caught up and "HI THERE! *plunge into heart*"-d him. He got suppressed and I was trying to sneak up on him since the rest of his team was trapped. Finally did when he crouched and bam/knifed before they spawned more on him.

i feel bad about that Kharg Rush game... i was in 100% sniper dick easy mode trying to just kill some time before Marvel starts and then all of a sudden we had already lost 50 tickets.

after that we had a good run and then of course the game froze near the end of Metro :(

TheSeks

Yeah, but when's Marvel, yo?

I totally forgot CEO was today/yesterday. Missed out on P4U and seeing the local scene on stream.

TheSeks

I fucking hate being the only person on a flag.

AND WHY AREN'T WE PLAYING RUSH.jpg.gif.mp3.dll.zip.rar!?

TheSeks

Wow, the singleplayer campaign on Hard is pretty bad. Get seen and die. Rush for the LMG and then rush down the stairs and die attempting to do that. Thankfully I grabbed the LMG, hauled ass to the stairs face planted myself on the stairs (not too good for the soldier getting stabbed by the stairs juts) and waited for the scripted event to end.

Oy.

TheSeks

Oh, you. But seriously: It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the laser sight enemies.

TheSeks

Who says he's gonna be trollin' me? I'll probably be jumping into servers with newbies in it to knife.

Sajjaja

Thanks for playing with me Evolved. Would've played longer but my bro was harassing me to play. That damn chopper gunner was good... I couldn't shake him even in the jet.

Evolved1

Oh, you. But seriously: It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the laser sight enemies.

I'm at a spot in the campaign... I think it's the last level. I jump down into some hole after a subway crash, and there's this long animation, and before you can even have control of your gun some guy shotguns you in the face.

Every. Fucking. Time.

I tried it about 20x and then said fuck it... DICE is a great dev sometimes, and sometimes they are pure garbage.

Thanks for playing with me Evolved. Would've played longer but my bro was harassing me to play. That damn chopper gunner was good... I couldn't shake him even in the jet.

No problem. Couple things:

In the tank, don't be afraid to jump into the third seat and paint targets. I have guided, so it's good to harass choppers if there aren't close infantry around. Instead of gunning, jump in the third seat.

Also, I didn't crash that time you jumped out of the chopper! I killed his chopper and did an extreme evasive dive, to buy a couple seconds for my ECM to recharge and it worked! You have no faith! haha

Sajjaja

No problem. Couple things:

In the tank, don't be afraid to jump into the third seat and paint targets. I have guided, so it's good to harass choppers if there aren't close infantry around. Instead of gunning, jump in the third seat.

Also, I didn't crash that time you jumped out of the chopper! I killed his chopper and did an extreme evasive dive, to buy a couple seconds for my ECM to recharge and it worked! You have no faith! haha

I didn't even know there was a third seat :O

And can you blame me? We had like 12% health left and you were just diving sideways lol. In my limited experience, that's a death sentence (at least with randoms.) I shall never doubt you again oh Evolved One.

TheSeks

I'm at a spot in the campaign... I think it's the last level. I jump down into some hole after a subway crash, and there's this long animation, and before you can even have control of your gun some guy shotguns you in the face.

Every. Fucking. Time.

I tried it about 20x and then said fuck it... DICE is a great dev sometimes, and sometimes they are pure garbage.

Eh, I've had a few annoying moments like that but I'm halfway through the game (starting "Comrads" which is mission 6 of 12) after playing the game so far today. So it can't be that bad yet.

Overdoziz said:
CAPS POSTS INBOUND

ENEMY TANGO DOWN. GOOD EFFECT ON TARGET. OSCAR MIKE OSCAR MIKE. HOOAH HOOAH HOOAH. SEMPER FI.

Evolved1

Eh, I've had a few annoying moments like that but I'm halfway through the game (starting "Comrads" which is mission 6 of 12) after playing the game so far today. So it can't be that bad yet.

This part... I'm convinced it's impossible unless someone figured out a way to cheese it. As many shitty trial and error (luck) moments as there are throughout the campaign, nothing touches this one.

It's complete fail. If I was DICE, I'd be fucking embarrassed to have made this SP game. It's this thing that is pretty sometimes, but otherwise a big pile of crap. And they crap right on your face at the end here.

And then they crap on you again when you read the trophy list and realize how much of this SP they actually expect you to play through.

TheSeks

Speaking of that, I didn't get "You can be my wingman anytime." I'm going to have to attempt that on easy I guess.

Half the time I'm locking onto targets only for the pilot to do a barrel roll and completely break lock and then get hit with heatseekers. Dumbass.

Evolved1

Speaking of that, I didn't get "You can be my wingman anytime." I'm going to have to attempt that on easy I guess.

Half the time I'm locking onto targets only for the pilot to do a barrel roll and completely break lock and then get hit with heatseekers. Dumbass.

I remember reading how someone had to play that over like 20x to finally get it... guess it's kind of glitchy and luck-based.

I don't really go for trophies... but I do like to get platinum for battlefield games. Probably never going to happen for BF3.

TheSeks

That bank mission was pretty bad, I'll admit. Storming into the bank with recons firing on you. Died like a good 10 or 20 times before lucking out to get into the building. That was a "WTF DICE" moment.

Top Bottom