• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
You can get the air warfare award as a gunner in the transports... last time I flew one my smurf gunner got the ribbon.

The guns aren't as powerful at range as the old blackhawk guns, but they're devastating if you get close.

Seriously seks, ride with me sometime, I'll get you the pin.

JJD

MuseManMike said:
Do those stationary AT guns count? I tried hiding at D flag on Caspian and hitting a tank in the back as its leaving, but so far it's been unsuccessful.

They do, but you get a lot of time to bail out of a tank in this game...AT hit from the back would destroy a tank with one hit in BC2 with explosive perk...perhaps it's better to wait for a jeep!

Also the AA guns with anti air missiles are deadly. Had a guy on Kharg island shutting down everyone that flew close to his base once.

Emplaced guns on BF3 mostly suck...I don't know why Dice got rid of the emplaced MGs, they were awesome, loved manning then on BC2.

JJD

Also, what counts as a AA gun on this game? I killed a guy with the PANTSIR-S1 (russian AA gun) some days ago, but I have zero points on the AA unlock progression screen on Battlelog... :-(

I've been lurking for a while and leave it to BF3 to finally coax me out. I can't take playing with all these randoms anymore. If anyone wants to play on 360 I'll be up late. My tag is GlenChivas.

Jas

JJD said:
Too bad the CITV is the last unlock of the tanks...have you unlocked it already Ejas?

Yep, only been able to use it with randoms so far that didn't know or weren't using guided shells.

The Faceless Master said:
yeah, i have, but nobody wants to be in the "bitch seat" and nobody wants to use Guided Shells. everyone wants to use LMG or Cannister Shell... that's why i roll Tank Recon sometimes and set up my oown SOFLAM!

I find guided shells more useful than those too.
As far as being in the "bitch seat" you're not going to get any kills but watching people panic once they get locked onto and not know were its coming from is fun!

Xux

JJD said:
Also, what counts as a AA gun on this game? I killed a guy with the PANTSIR-S1 (russian AA gun) some days ago, but I have zero points on the AA unlock progression screen on Battlelog... :-(
Just the Tunguska on one or two Rush maps on console. The US one and them appearing in CQ is CQ 64 on PC only.

olimpia84

Good games again guys. Conquest steamroll mode on as always and even pinned the enemy in their own base most of the time!

And props to Evolved for being such an ace helicopter pilot. Helped me out with that air warfare ribbon (Seks take note and ride with him, Caspian border Conquest is the way to go).

JJD

Xux said:
Just the Tunguska on one or two Rush maps on console. The US one and them appearing in CQ is CQ 64 on PC only.

Wow, really??? And only on rush? WTF Dice...

On a side note, nice games today guys (Olimpia, Evolved, Leggwork, Mickey, Darkflow), the opposing team was not willing to give up, but they went down as all the others! Even a guy that teabagged me after I got a nemesis ribbon on him switched sides and joined us after that great metro game! Lol...

I'm getting spoiled by all those wins!

olimpia84 said:
Good games again guys. Conquest steamroll mode on as always and even pinned the enemy in their own base most of the time!

And props to Evolved for being such an ace helicopter pilot. Helped me out with that air warfare ribbon (Seks take note and ride with him, Caspian border Conquest is the way to go).

Did you get it? On that Caspian game? Congratulations man! And nice work Evolved! :)

Evolved1

I need the jammer... then I will be invincible!

lol

Good games guys. JJD, Olimpia... and some guy who sent me a FR (legwork, Ill accept next time I boot up the PS3) real fun games.

edit: flashlights are still retarded.

JJD said:
Did you get it? On that Caspian game? Congratulations man! And nice work Evolved! :)

We got that easy... there was one really annoying guy that kept painting me and it was a little tricky, cause Olimpia didn't have co-pilot flares, but Caspian gives you a lot of places to break the lock. So, while that guy was kind of bothersome, we still managed to ruin some people nights without too much trouble.

LEGGZZZZ

MuseManMike said:
Leggwork is GAF?

Haha, Yeah I'm Leggwork. Kinda matches my GAF name (both use legg). Good Games guys, finally got in a game with some gaf regulars. Thanks for accepting the friends requests. We steamrolled those games. I usually prefer to play support/assault/engineer, but I'm trying to rank up my recon class to it's first service star level and unlock all of the equipment (even though I hate sniping).

And Evolved1, you are one hell of a pilot. I was o_O the entire time I was co-piloting with you for that small brief moment, crazy flying skills there.

Evolved1 said:
I need the jammer... then I will be invincible!

lol

Good games guys. JJD, Olimpia... and some guy who sent me a FR (legwork, Ill accept next time I boot up the PS3) real fun games.

edit: flashlights are still retarded.

We got that easy... there was one really annoying guy that kept painting me and it was a little tricky, cause Olimpia didn't have co-pilot flares, but Caspian gives you a lot of places to break the lock. So, while that guy was kind of bothersome, we still managed to ruin some people nights without too much trouble.

You're probably gonna be let down then. I got it unlocked for scout choppers( I are srs ) and the jam probably lasts for 5 seconds. It reloads quicker than the flares though, and counters being painted by the soflam and such, So thats a plus.

Most of the upgrades to air support are kinda shit outside of the flares

lol, I just checked and I'm number 202 in the world as far as scout helicopter kills go, and number 364 for attack choppers. I feel special

One of the notorious chopper whores in Bad Company 2 for 360, mudderfunker, is number one for scout heli kills with 2,592 kills o_O

TheSeks said:
IIRC, they both lower damage at max range by like 1-2 bullets. Nothing huge. But they both have their situational uses.

Also yes, the stationary anti-air guns will count for the stationary ribbon. It's a matter of lucking out on kills. I dunno if they damage tanks, but they will destroy helicopters that stick around.
they damage tanks... barely... you'd have to park and wait while your gunner gets out to buy some bubble gum from the pharmacy to get AA'd to death in a tank.

Evolved1 said:
You can get the air warfare award as a gunner in the transports... last time I flew one my smurf gunner got the ribbon.

The guns aren't as powerful at range as the old blackhawk guns, but they're devastating if you get close.
Nope, I'm afraid you get the Transport Warfare Ribbon for kills from the gunner seat of transport choppers (e.g. UH-1Y Venom) - I found this out the hard way :(

Your best bet for the Air Warfare Ribbon is definitely being the gunner for a good attack chopper pilot.

On the subject of Ribbons, what exactly do you need to do to get the M-COM DEFENDER RIBBON (In a round, defend 4 M-COM stations)? What exactly counts as an M-COM defence? Is it disarming? Killing someone who is trying to arm? Something else?

Radec

Let's play gaf!

Any Conquest lovers here who loves to just simply own the enemies?

Add me up. Will play 1 hour after this. :D

PSN: xtheEnemy

Evolved1

endlessflood said:
Nope, I'm afraid you get the Transport Warfare Ribbon for kills from the gunner seat of transport choppers (e.g. UH-1Y Venom) - I found this out the hard way :(

Your best bet for the Air Warfare Ribbon is definitely being the gunner for a good attack chopper pilot.

On the subject of Ribbons, what exactly do you need to do to get the M-COM DEFENDER RIBBON (In a round, defend 4 M-COM stations)? What exactly counts as an M-COM defence? Is it disarming? Killing someone who is trying to arm? Something else?

Man, that's weird... I swear I checked the stats after the game and the guy had that ribbon. Maybe I confused him w/ someone else.

Sorry for the bad info.

olimpia84

Oh man, I forgot to mention that I'm starting to get the hang of the USAS-12. Slowly it's proving out to be almost as deadly as the BC2 version. I was lightning up fools left and right yesterday on Bazaar and Seine Crossing. Now if we could only get the motion sensor balls back so I can play Recon with the USAS12......

Saiyu

First time playing against the monster that is GAF and....damn. Good games, first time I was scared to get in a chopper.

jorma

is now taking requests
TheSeks said:
But man, jet kills eludes me and it pisses me off. Nemesis is just a matter of time and trolling two enemies to get. I dunno WTF counts as crate defense because I can disarm and kill anyone going toward a crate and it doesn't count.

I'm pretty sure you 'just' need to kill one enemy 6 times in a row for the nemesis ribbon. I got the ribbon and one minute later the same dude killed me and i saw that we were 6-1 so i figure he was the one to make my day.

Jas

Scar needs to be nerfed so Meppi has a little bit more difficulty killing me :)
Kept checking for an open spot but never saw one :(

Good games this afternoon PS3 GAF!

CatPee

endlessflood said:

I believe it has something to do with the Squad Leader ordering you to defend an M-COM, and then you actually sticking around and defending said M-COM by killing enemies near it/disarming. Sucks, because the majority of Squad Leaders are clueless about the endless Attack/Defend Order Followed +20 that they'd get if they actually used the mechanic.

Do the TV guided missiles for the attack choppers no longer work against other air units? I've had several times now where the missiles just seem to bounce right off and keep going.

jorma

is now taking requests
So just now when i respawned all the on screen indicators (m-coms and stuff) were gone, and when i died the screen went grey and i'm not respawning. Is that a known bug? Will i be back to normal any time soon, or should i just quit?

edit: never mind, i lost connection and now i cant get back in :x

I'm still kind of baffled about the absence of recon players.
Been playing more of it so far and it almost never encounter anyone using recon stuff on my of the other team. Sure, lots of snipers, but my MAV is usually the only one in the air.

This is even more surprising as I would say that by doing MAV recon and spotting everyone and their cat, my team won maybe 8/10 matches (especially on Rush).

Still trying to get a good feeling for a balanced CQC/Beacon Radio/MAV approach which doesn't always work out due to my inability to dominate with a MP. People should give MAV's a bit more love

meppi

Jas said:
Scar needs to be nerfed so Meppi has a little bit more difficulty killing me :)
Kept checking for an open spot but never saw one :(

And I don't have my trusty G3 yet! ;)

Don't worry, I didn't want to change teams anyway. 8 gaffers on one side is a bit too much as it is.
Charles was playing co-op when I turned my system on tonight, and Mancunian was offline so I thought I'd give rush a shot, but didn't expect everyone to be in the same game.
Once mancunian and Charles started a conquest server and invited me, it was an easy choice as I find those kinds of games too boring anyway.

If I don't play as much as the past couple of weeks it's because I just bought a 360 with several Cave games and more on the way. :D
Couldn't ignore their call any longer.

tsigo

0Bf1Z.png

What are the exact requirements for a Nemesis ribbon? Hard to believe I haven't done it by accident by now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
SMH @ having crate defense AND air kills.

You need to kill a dude 5 times.

Evolved1

So... Seks jumps in my chopper as co-pilot, and ends round with his ribbon, and kills to spare.

Walk in the park.

TheSeks

Evolved1 said:
So... Seks jumps in my chopper as co-pilot, and ends round with his ribbon, and kills to spare.

Walk in the park.

Minus me yelling "NO! NO! GO BACK! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!" at my monitor and barely pulling it out while we bled them? Yeah a walk in the park. :p Got annoyed as I'm firing on infantry and you're just flying all over them and I'm like "D:"

Leaves 4 crate defense and the Nemesis x 2 ribbons left.

JJD

TheSeks said:
Minus me yelling "NO! NO! GO BACK! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!" at my monitor and barely pulling it out while we bled them? Yeah a walk in the park. :p Got annoyed as I'm firing on infantry and you're just flying all over them and I'm like "D:"

Leaves 4 crate defense and the Nemesis x 2 ribbons left.

Seks where you did your emplaced weapons ribbon?

Evolved1

Dude gets his ribbon on the first try and still yells at me... lol.

TheSeks

JJD said:

Damavand Peak Rush. There's a anti-air gun on a trailer in the attackers base. I LUCKED OUT on that one because the pilot (thankfully) didn't bail when he got a little too close to the sun and got clipped down. Had to kill two helicopters like that for it.

JJD said:
I got mine on Tehran Highway Conquest if it's any help. Near the Russian spawn there's a stationary AT that looks down the roads and also into the little 'bowl' around B. I went medic, dropped a health pack near the AT, and then spent basically the entire first half of the match spamming AT missiles as fast as they would load. I got one kill off a damaged LAV (a tank and I were hitting it simultaneously so thankfully we did the damage fast enough that he didn't have time to bail) and the other I got by sniping a sniper with an AT rocket (on about the 18th attempt lol).

You do need a bit of luck because you'll get plenty of vehicle destructions but they'll generally bail at the first sign of damage, leaving you without a kill.

every game i try, i get 1 emplacement kill... wtf!?

also, DAT SOFLAM! poor enemy tanks had a hard time getting over the hill!

and for some reason i am STILL not sure how many kills Combat Efficiency is!!!

it's gotta be 6, right?

Evolved1

The Faceless Master said:
every game i try, i get 1 emplacement kill... wtf!?

also, DAT SOFLAM! poor enemy tanks had a hard time getting over the hill!

and for some reason i am STILL not sure how many kills Combat Efficiency is!!!

it's gotta be 6, right?

I think it's three... doesn't it say three? Some games I get four-five of those ribbons... it's gotta be three kills. Because I rarely get 30+ but I've had games where I get a handful of CE ribbons.

TheSeks

I've gotten one per round, so it's gotta be like 6-7 kills without dying. It's a really weird and funky ribbon. Like the crate defense. If I'm right on that one you're pretty much going to have to camp. But I need to test it first.

Evolved1

Just a few hours ago I got like (at least) four or five of them in one round and I only went 19-1 (the death came at the end, so I had 19 straight kills)

edit: it was this round

JJD

Thanks for the tips Seks and endless! I tried the AT launcher on Tehran, but GAF steamroll didn't help, as the enemies were trapped on their spawn.

I'll try dropping a SOFLAM on that road to see if the AT launcher can get a lock with it!

eek5

The TDM maps are so small that they could've made 3 TDM maps off of each location. That'd easily triple the amount of maps for TDM mode.

Top Bottom