• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
whats the last day that Saint's Row 3 will be available to DL on PS+?

i'd hate to pay full price but hey... most of the free games don't really appeal to me, but SR3 does.

Next week. Just get a one month card if that's all you want and download it and play it for the month.

It's either next week or within the next three weeks and Sony generally has it up on the Blog. Let me check...

Joe Danger leaves next week so Saint's Row is either the week after or the one after that.

Soler

Banned
kA5WJqp.gif
It's not a hard game to grasp lol
Pretty simple stuff outside of handling the vehicles and I got that down pat now

TheSeks

B, honey, I'm going to say this as nicely as I can because this is a problem: GET THE FUCK OFF THE HELICOPTER WHEN WE HAVE A STRATEGIC ADVANTAGE/SPAWN POINT AND HELP THE GROUND CLEAR. Why the hell do you think I was trying to sit on the roof? So you can Faceless could drop clear out B and I'd rush down the stairs clearing out as much as I could with C4. But you continued to sit on helicopter. Why? While the advantage of hovering is to gain that point is nice once you were dead and I was sitting up there for a good two-three minutes you should've spawned on and helped Faceless and I.

It doesn't help that we had a random join our squad because Evolved joined Dream's side and that random continued to spawn at base instead of on one of us to help us clear B.

I could've had B after I took Dream's spawn point out if you had backed up Faceless
and they didn't suddenly mass after that
Ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Seks, buddy... I'm going to try and say this as nicely as I can: think before you hit send. Consider the context. Dream and I were on the other side because the server balanced us that way. And we endured two steamrolls without too much complaining. The first time we get a bit of defense going, it all falls apart with only a few tickets remaining. That is quite frustrating, and can really knock the wind out of you, since it's a very prolonged pressure to defend under an onslaught for so long and then break down right at the end... but that's the way it goes sometimes. I have to be honest, I was kind of pissed off by the gloating, antagonistic message you sent. In retrospect, I realize, all in good fun. And you probably meant for it to be. But in that particular moment it was spectacularly douchey to gloat after we've been getting pounded for the last hour+. And in hindsight, especially since we ended up winning that round (thanks to dream in the TVstation and an amazing effort by one particular random).

Evolved1

If only a little bird could withstand an RPG to the face; we may have won that round. Thanks Evolved.

That little bird is just painful when you're trying to defend the TV station. Seks is mad you were flying, but doesn't realize the pressure you put on everyone in the room when you're strafing, while a tank is hammering us from the hill, and snipers are shooting into the room from far-off buildings. The little bird is such a pain in the ass. I was a medic and suicided just to get an RPG to try and take the pressure off us. I got a lucky shot and we had instant relief. Infantry were not going to breach that room, we were dug in like ticks, but had your bird stayed up maybe you guys might have gotten through.

netBuff

What is the Battlefield 3 experts opinion in this thread on whether Premium (I'm thinking of buying a BF3 Premium edition as that seems to be the cheapest way) is still a worthwhile purchase with Battlefield 4 looming on the horizon (but not yet being near)? I'm enjoying the PS Plus version at the moment, and I'm mostly jonesing for the "Back to Karkand" pack (but would love to play the others as well).

Evolved1

What is the Battlefield 3 experts opinion in this thread on whether Premium (I'm thinking of buying a BF3 Premium edition as that seems to be the cheapest way) is still a worthwhile purchase with Battlefield 4 looming on the horizon (but not yet being near)? I'm enjoying the PS Plus version at the moment, and I'm mostly jonesing for the "Back to Karkand" pack (but would love to play the others as well).

I find hardly anyone plays the expansion maps outside of Karkand. But the other DLCs have some decent weapons.

So.. idk.

BF4 is pretty damn close.

Sajjaja

I find hardly anyone plays the expansion maps outside of Karkand. But the other DLCs have some decent weapons.

So.. idk.

Cost of entry is also higher though (unless you're going to get it on this gen, which is stupid, why would you do that? Don't.)

I don't enjoy Karkand that much honestly, I like Close Quarters and Armored Kill.

netBuff

Cost of entry is also higher though (unless you're going to get it on this gen, which is stupid, why would you do that? Don't.)

I don't enjoy Karkand that much honestly, I like Close Quarters and Armored Kill.

I'm definitely going to get the PlayStation 4, and with it (among other games) Battlefield 4: 64 players and 60 FPS (the former even more than the latter) sound really sweet to me, and an appreciable step up from current-generation BF3.

So.. idk.

You are right, a quick look at the server browser proves that most expansion content seems concentrated on a few maps: Maybe I'll get "Back to Karkand" (but not sure), as I used to really enjoy Battlefield 2. But I think I'm going to save my money on Premium.

Evolved1

I'm definitely going to get the PlayStation 4, and with it (among other games) Battlefield 4: 64 players and 60 FPS (the former even more than the latter) sound really sweet to me, and an appreciable step up from current-generation BF3.

You are right, a quick look at the server browser proves that most expansion content seems concentrated on a few maps: Maybe I'll get "Back to Karkand" (but not sure), as I used to really enjoy Battlefield 2. But I think I'm going to save my money on Premium.

There are tons of people on Plus who are in your exact same position, and will be playing the pool of available vanilla maps. You shouldn't have trouble finding games. And honestly, 90% of the time the regular gaffers are on a vanilla DICE server.

Default weapons are fine. Maybe worth unlocking the co-op guns though. :)

j-wood

Forgive the newb question here but

Why does my progression seem to randomly reset? I mostly play using quick match and sometimes my level and unlocks are correct, other times it has me starting all over.

Is it something to do with ranked vs non ranked or something?

TheSeks

lol ragequit after taking their LAV. Sorry dude, but you should've just let us C4 it instead of mowing me down and having us take it from Vase stealing it, disabled, revives me, I take you out and repairing it.

Forgive the newb question here but

Why does my progression seem to randomly reset? I mostly play using quick match and sometimes my level and unlocks are correct, other times it has me starting all over.

Is it something to do with ranked vs non ranked or something?

It's either the stats servers are screwed up (possible since this happened during this late in life on BC2) or you're joining unranked games.

Batigol

Banned
Just got this cause of PS+. Enjoying it so far, just have a couple of questions.

How do you play on only public servers? Private servers have stupid limitations like no c4, shotguns, launchers etc. And a lot of them tend to kick you for no reason. Usually if I'm on a good streak.

Maybe it's cause I have no upgrades or whatever, but why are snipers so weak? A shot to the chest should be taking someone out. Then there's people who I've hit in the torso twice and they just walk it off

Overdoziz

Banned
Just got this cause of PS+. Enjoying it so far, just have a couple of questions.

How do you play on only public servers? Private servers have stupid limitations like no c4, shotguns, launchers etc. And a lot of them tend to kick you for no reason. Usually if I'm on a good streak.

Maybe it's cause I have no upgrades or whatever, but why are snipers so weak? A shot to the chest should be taking someone out. Then there's people who I've hit in the torso twice and they just walk it off
1. Look for servers with -[DICE]- in the name. These have no special rules. You can look for these either by manually going through the server list or by typing it in the search filter.

2.The initial snipers are automatic sniper rifles and indeed weaker. Eventually you'll unlock bolt shot sniper rifles which will kill in less shots.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
1. Look for servers with -[DICE]- in the name. These have no special rules. You can look for these either by manually going through the server list or by typing it in the search filter.

2.The initial snipers are automatic sniper rifles and indeed weaker. Eventually you'll unlock bolt shot sniper rifles which will kill in less shots.

People fake those so also make sure the owner is DICE

Searching for "Dice" will yield 91 pages of empty servers, at least on 360. Search for the game rotation you want. We play on "All-Out Rush" and "BF3 Classic."

Eusis

I kept searching for them but they kept saying I needed expansion content. Probably need to look over what I should check, Close Quarters aside I don't have anything, but the filter options were being weird on me, not showing they were checked or unchecked

And on a PC note, I grabbed Premium there and tried to find -[DICE]- servers, but I guess they're only on consoles.

olimpia84

I'm starting to get sick of the public servers DICE offers. For Conquest is pretty much Classics or Epic Battles which have a very similar rotation. Why can't they have more of those Official EA servers with completely random map selection?

TheSeks

I'm starting to get sick of the public servers DICE offers. For Conquest is pretty much Classics or Epic Battles which have a very similar rotation. Why can't they have more of those Official EA servers with completely random map selection?

Too much work for not a lot of pay-off. Most people don't care about the server rotation. They just want the mode.

Overdoziz said:
2.The initial snipers are automatic sniper rifles and indeed weaker

Until you get over the hump, use them as a hip-fire assault rifle and rock faces faster than a bolt action.

yeah, they need *all maps* Rush and *all maps* CQ rotations

i'll even give you guys at DICE a name for them

-[DICE]- BATTLEFIELD PREMIUM RUSH ALL MAPS

-[DICE]- BATTLEFIELD PREMIUM CONQUEST ALL MAPS

TheSeks

yeah, they need *all maps* Rush and *all maps* CQ rotations

i'll even give you guys at DICE a name for them

-[DICE]- BATTLEFIELD PREMIUM RUSH ALL MAPS

-[DICE]- BATTLEFIELD PREMIUM CONQUEST ALL MAPS

Also have Demize on a bike as a bike messenger as the banner logo for those and we have a deal.

AlexBasch

Sometimes I can't believe it's almost a year since I bought this game yet I haven't won a single Squad Rush game.

I want the ribbon and never touch that fucking mode again, but no. :(

EDIT: And somehow, God knows how the hell how, just jumped in a match that required two tickets left to win, headshotted a guy and the other got blown up with a rocket.

Fuck this mode, I'm taking this ribbon, goodnight.

olimpia84

Sometimes I can't believe it's almost a year since I bought this game yet I haven't won a single Squad Rush game.

I want the ribbon and never touch that fucking mode again, but no. :(

EDIT: And somehow, God knows how the hell how, just jumped in a match that required two tickets left to win, headshotted a guy and the other got blown up with a rocket.

Fuck this mode, I'm taking this ribbon, goodnight.

Ribbon? that's not bad at all lol, try going for the medal

Top Bottom