• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, I gave up on getting all the medals since 1) I'm rarely flying jets to get the hours needed for that and 2) modes no1currs about.

Hey DICE: Here's the modes you need in BF4.

-Rush
-Conquest
-Team/Deathmatch
-Capture the Flag

That's it. Nothing else. Now focus on the maps and make them UNIQUE for each of those modes and make sure they aren't overlapping unless only one or two areas. Look at Bad Company 2's Rush/Conquest variants where there was a few areas that the Rush area had but the Conquest variant closed off and vice-versa.

Kak.efes

We're hands-on and results-oriented.

Speaking of which, you're up for a performance review, Bo. Management took notice of that eight and eight round on metro. It murdered our margins.

I had to cycle through every battle report to find a single less than stellar round from you tonight, lol.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Speaking of which, you're up for a performance review, Bo. Management took notice of that eight and eight round on metro. It murdered our margins.

We'll make him train his replacement.

Sometimes I can't believe it's almost a year since I bought this game yet I haven't won a single Squad Rush game.

I want the ribbon and never touch that fucking mode again, but no. :(

EDIT: And somehow, God knows how the hell how, just jumped in a match that required two tickets left to win, headshotted a guy and the other got blown up with a rocket.

Fuck this mode, I'm taking this ribbon, goodnight.

Squad Rush ribbon hah, i got medals. two of 'em.

only thing i don't wanna mess with is the Air Superiority medals...

TheSeks

You're gonna have to KDR dive for that one, I feel. I got a few win ribbons from that doing jet unlocks but I ain't touching that ever again. Fuck it.

ibaFiLhSMrHodj.gif

AlexBasch

Ribbon? that's not bad at all lol, try going for the medal

Squad Rush ribbon hah, i got medals. two of 'em.

only thing i don't wanna mess with is the Air Superiority medals...
I'M FINE WITH THE RIBBONS. THANKS. :|

You're gonna have to KDR dive for that one, I feel. I got a few win ribbons from that doing jet unlocks but I ain't touching that ever again. Fuck it.
Air Superiority showed me that I'm a decent infantry unit and a saboteur of my own team when I'm in the air.

TheSeks

I'm an okay pilot but getting me to kill targets/hit targets in the air if I'm not in a gunner seat is a problem. Like I said in BC2: I can fly, but well? No.

Evolved1

I'm an okay pilot but getting me to kill targets/hit targets in the air if I'm not in a gunner seat is a problem. Like I said in BC2: I can fly, but well? No.

I finally learned pilot rockets... for the longest time I could kill ground targets easily enough (practiced by "killing" trees and other mundane shit on empty servers) but hitting another chopper 1v1 was kind of a mystery to me. The actual HUD/game indicators don't make much (any) sense when you're locked in a 1v1. They actually give you bad information. But I've finally figured it out. lately I've been getting tons of kills against other choppers with just my rockets, where I would have certainly died before.

That said, for my money bKak is the best gaf pilot since he does everything well and on average seems to have the longest flight times. Olimpia has become pretty good too, which is funny because iirc he never flew much in BC2 or in early-BF3. Faceless is also good.

I am the best co-pilot. This is indisputable. I'd like to say it's because of my skill or situational awareness... but really I win by default, because I'm the only one who talks to the pilot on the mic!!!

edit: Completely unrelated to this topic, but PS3 gaffers keep an eye out for member Qwell... he's new to PS3gaf but I've been playing with him and he's really good player!

AlexBasch

I'd love to try and play with PS3GAF even though it ends up with banishing me from this community, but my mic is horrible and detects all sorts of sounds except my voice.

And my spoken English is pretty terrible, so...

TheSeks

I generally only use air vehicles as a transport now since locklocklocklocklock throws me off.

I think the only air vehicle I enjoy anymore is the Transport Chopper. Not completely broken, able to be countered by 4 different things and the gunner seat is pretty powerful is used right.

Evolved1

I'd love to try and play with PS3GAF even though it ends up with banishing me from this community, but my mic is horrible and detects all sorts of sounds except my voice.

Well, if you're not comfortable on/with the mic you don't have to use one... most of PS3gaf doesn't. Only a few of us talk on the mic (and the others probably wish we didn't!!! lol).

I finally learned pilot rockets... for the longest time I could kill ground targets easily enough (practiced by "killing" trees and other mundane shit on empty servers) but hitting another chopper 1v1 was kind of a mystery to me. The actual HUD/game indicators don't make much (any) sense when you're locked in a 1v1. They actually give you bad information. But I've finally figured it out. lately I've been getting tons of kills against other choppers with just my rockets, where I would have certainly died before.

That said, for my money bKak is the best gaf pilot since he does everything well and on average seems to have the longest flight times. Olimpia has become pretty good too, which is funny because iirc he never flew much in BC2 or in early-BF3. Faceless is also good.

I am the best co-pilot. This is indisputable. I'd like to say it's because of my skill or situational awareness... but really I win by default, because I'm the only one who talks to the pilot on the mic!!!

edit: Completely unrelated to this topic, but PS3 gaffers keep an eye out for member Qwell... he's new to PS3gaf but I've been playing with him and he's really good player!
hahahahahaaha

i was playing the other day and was like "this random is pretty good" so i guess that explains that!

sooo... you'll practice and get better, right? RIGHT?

JJD said the same thing all the time and we had no problems understanding him!

Evolved1

Qwell has hundreds of hours on the PC version... so he's a vet, just new to PS3gaf.

Evolved1

Those mics are pretty cheap. Must be hard times for PS3GAF.

I think it might be that a lot of us use headphones. If you have a really nice set of headphones, or any headphones, they usually aren't compatible with mics... you have to jump through hoops to get it working, or buy something like Turtle Beaches (what I did) or whatever.

And some people only turn on the mic in tough matches. I notice if we ever run into a tough server people will use the mics more often.

Also... afaik... PS4 comes with a headset. So that would sort out the people who really just down own a mic.

Those sniper misses at 2:50
I know that feel

It's kind of weird to watch faceless play, since we have almost the complete opposite style/setup. He has his sensitivity maxed, and I have mine super low. As low as is manageable in a realtime match. Unlike faceless, I can make the smallest adjustments to my aim very easily, and track a moving target very easily. I see faceless sometimes actually uses the left stick and moves his player laterally to dial-in/fine tune his aim. I can easily do that on the right stick, the low sensitivity lets me move the reticle very smoothly for fine aiming. But it costs me situational awareness. I cannot really turn for shit. Faceless can do 180's like you see on m&kb.

it's true.

to put things into perspective, i talk more than 3/4 of the PS3 peeps.

and i talk more on 360...

Lol and you are the voiceless master on 360. That will change come BF4 and PS4, I will be on the mic all the time and you can't shut me up once I get going. PSGAF better start stretching those vocal cords.

I think I am on break from battlefield until BF4 comes out. I love BF3, but lately, I have been playing so much Company of Heroes 2 and can't tear myself from it.

Qwell

Qwell has hundreds of hours on the PC version... so he's a vet, just new to PS3gaf.

Thanks for the kudos, now lets hope I can back it up when I'm playing consistently. I do tend to take a lot of deaths, but its because I tend to charge in and try to get the objective done. Been trying to play the campaign lately and polish off some trophies even though I don't usually play the trophy game but I'm also one of those weirdos that likes the campaign in this game.

I'll try to get some multi in tonight, I meant to last night, but my bed is damn comfy once I lay down :(

TheSeks

Hate Scavenger. Half the time I die due to suppression and only having a pistol. Ugh.

Eusis

How many are running with Premium on PS3 anyway versus the base game (and Close Quarters for those of us crazy and grabbing anything offered for free)? And for those with only the base game or Close quarters, what servers are preferred,or is it just the "any Dice server"?

... and man, it'll be nice when friends list limits jump on PS4.

Evolved1

I need to win one round of squad rush... I will probably never do it. lol

TheSeks

good news... you won't see me playing Scavenger anymore on PS3.

bad news...
c o n q u e s t     d o m i n a t i o n . . .

LMAO. I saw your reply on PSN and laughed hard.

I got like 22 wins in Scavenger but I don't hate the mode per-say. I just hate spawning with pistols and having to rush for a primary. Like I said: Half the time I end up in suppression with the pistol and don't hit shit only for them to get lucky with 2 shots of their .44 Magnum killing me. Ugh.

As for the spoiler: OH GOD.
Though that should be easier to deal with since I have kit items and can then camp areas with C4 if needed

Good news is: I finished Saints Row 3. So I'm deleting that for space on the hard-drive. Bad news is I'm going to be downloading X-com again (since I had to make room to test BF3's digital stuff) starting tomorrow morning. So it'll probably be another 12 hour download or so. Yay. :/

Ps3 gaf down for a couple games?

Tomorrow night around this time maybe. I got work tomorrow but I'm free the next two days but I'm going to watch TV at like 10PM or so so I won't be on until like 11-ish until 1-ish.

Top Bottom