• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

The Light

Just got banned from my first server. I entered a game of rush using my shotty loadout and died 3 times in a row just as I spawned. Once I respawn I see someone headed my way from mid range so we unload on each other and take each other out. Idk if it was my poor aim or the distance, but it took 5 shots to take him out while the other person went through a clip. After that im at the loadout screen then all of the sudden im banned.

Really don't understand why I was kicked. I make sure to read the rules before I join a server and there was nothing against shotguns.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
He plays on custom servers!
Laughinggirls.jpg

ijl97waNt8oSQ.png

And that's why you never play on custom servers

fritolay

When leading a squad in conquest on 360, I hate it when trying to spot the other team and instead it spots a flag for my squad to take or defend. Am I doing something wrong?

fritolay

Yeah the problem is I WANT to spot the other team. However when trying to do that it spots a flag which I DON"T want to do. This sucks.

And yes other people do follow orders sometimes, I do too. It helps get a squad going to the same objective for those not wearing mics.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Yeah the problem is I WANT to spot the other team. However when trying to do that it spots a flag which I DON"T want to do. This sucks.

And yes other people do follow orders sometimes, I do too. It helps get a squad going to the same objective for those not wearing mics.

If an enemy is there, it will still spot them, assuming 1) you're not in cool down 2) it's not being dumb, as it sometimes can be.

TheSeks

Enjoy your 12 hour download, Faceless. I guess that's why you missed me ragequitting when a level 1 newbie FINALLY got to first set B on Caspian attack, starts playing around with the armer (WTF) as I'm mowing people down and going to A. Arm A and... he doesn't arm B and gets taken out. Then I get taken out by the team we were on before we got autobalanced and they have four tanks since the stupid newbies (literally a newbie versus colonel DICE server) bailed when they were disabled letting the clan ("FOX") grab them.

Enjoy your 12 hour download, Faceless. I guess that's why you missed me ragequitting when a level 1 newbie FINALLY got to first set B on Caspian attack, starts playing around with the armer (WTF) as I'm mowing people down and going to A. Arm A and... he doesn't arm B and gets taken out. Then I get taken out by the team we were on before we got autobalanced and they have four tanks since the stupid newbies (literally a newbie versus colonel DICE server) bailed when they were disabled letting the clan ("FOX") grab them.

91%

TheSeks

You're either near a server of Sony's or extremely lucky. Any time I download something off PSN it takes forever.

olimpia84

Hard Coop: check
Back in track for the platinum for this, I think the only hard trophy left for me is that sniping one for the coop.

TheSeks

What's that one co-op trophy with the Humvee about?

Play on easy. On hard you'll be losing humvees left and right. Which is something YOU CAN NOT do. They all have to stay up for the entire mission.

Edit: Huh, checking my co-op progress the only one I haven't beaten on Normal is Drop 'Em Like Liquid...

Play on easy. On hard you'll be losing humvees left and right. Which is something YOU CAN NOT do. They all have to stay up for the entire mission.

Edit: Huh, checking my co-op progress the only one I haven't beaten on Normal is Drop 'Em Like Liquid...

didn't we do the humvee cheevo on hard?

meppi

lucky or they upgraded... it's never this fast for me.

<3 SR3

Have to say my PSN download speeds have been crazy as well ever since I set up my PS3 again after more than a year.
It used to take ages to download anything.
Now stuff like BF3 which was 12GB or something downloaded in under an hour easily.
When downloading things like NiGHTS, Double Dragon Neon and Jet Set Radio I noticed I was getting speeds of around 3-4MB/sec, which is about a third my max download speed but still crazy fast compared to before.
Hell, it's even faster than XBLA downloads now. A lot. (360 patches downloads are about as fast I would say)

Evolved1

Have to say my PSN download speeds have been crazy as well ever since I set up my PS3 again after more than a year.
It used to take ages to download anything.
Now stuff like BF3 which was 12GB or something downloaded in under an hour easily.
When downloading things like NiGHTS, Double Dragon Neon and Jet Set Radio I noticed I was getting speeds of around 3-4MB/sec, which is about a third my max download speed but still crazy fast compared to before.
Hell, it's even faster than XBLA downloads now. A lot. (360 patches downloads are about as fast I would say)

I am incredibly jealous.

For me PSN downloads remind me of of the days of 56k. :crys.

meppi

I am incredibly jealous.

For me PSN downloads remind me of of the days of 56k. :crys.

That used to be the same for me. Don't know what has changed to be honest, but I'm extremely happy with it now.
Heck, I even changed my ISP subscription to a slower one since I was not using the super duper speed I was getting at all and it cost nearly €90 a month.
Now I pay €40 and it's still blazing fast. And since I'm on wifi for most of my devices, the downgrade was not even noticeable.

My only reservation about the PS4 is download speeds. PSN downloads are better than they used to be for me, but they're garbage compared to Steam and XBL.

Hopping on BF3 after I annihilate this Chipotle.

Played my first round of PS3 BF3. Man, I'm terrible again! The Sixaxis controller is so cramped. At least I can only accidentally throw two grenades.

Evolved1

New to BF3, what's the best way to play with PS3 GAF?

Probably via olimpia84, boa (cannot recall exact PSN name, so that's probably no help to you lol), or myself.

Send me a FR. I've been playing a bunch and will continue 'till PS4.

Played my first round of PS3 BF3. Man, I'm terrible again! The Sixaxis controller is so cramped. At least I can only accidentally throw two grenades.

hahahahhahahahaha i know that feel.

i'm so glad that BF4 on PS4 won't suffer from that shit. thank you Sony for fixing the controller and thank you DICE for fixing the config.

TheSeks

Bullshit hit-detection and bullshit freeze on TDM. SMH.

SPAS-12's hit detection should be WAY better than the fucking shit I've been dealing with. Put the cone right on the person within two feet in front of me. Doesn't hit. "WTF." *get taken out by their shotgun, generally a DAO*

Top Bottom