• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

m9TybI6.png

Didn't even know it went up that high...

cF43aWY.gif

Killigath

Just joined up with GAF. Been playing BF3 with Lost, Ody, and Blah for a couple years. I know I've played with some of you guys before, recognize alot of names looking thru this thread.

Anyway. I'm waiting on Faceless to add me to the Xbox GAF BF3 gamertag. Feel free to send me a friend request.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

I just noticed this and holy shit I'm 3,000 points above the next highest person. WTF was I doing? :lol

Stupid "Butterfly" trophy is glitching on me. If this shit trophy prevents me from getting a plat in this game I swear I...

Funny enough I got that in one try on Hard. You have to run to the car, aim and fire. It shouldn't dump flares (it didn't with me) and it worked. I took some fire but lucked out on not dying and getting that.

isual

been listening a lot to pacific rim's pacific rim ost and it just pumps me up for battle !!! HNNNNGH

S level gamer became a SSS level gamer. tellin u sons, it ain't easy

Just joined up with GAF. Been playing BF3 with Lost, Ody, and Blah for a couple years. I know I've played with some of you guys before, recognize alot of names looking thru this thread.

Anyway. I'm waiting on Faceless to add me to the Xbox GAF BF3 gamertag. Feel free to send me a friend request.

Yeah, buddy! Welcome aboard.

Hopping on by 8 Eastern, bros.

TheSeks

Faceless you use an Avermedia don't you? Someone is offering a "Avermedia Game Capture HD" for a little less than it's normal asking price: Any good? Does it support HDMI? Is the same as yours? I'm not sure if I want to buy it not if it doesn't support HDMI and I have to play through component just to capture things...

Faceless you use an Avermedia don't you? Someone is offering a "Avermedia Game Capture HD" for a little less than it's normal asking price: Any good? Does it support HDMI? Is the same as yours? I'm not sure if I want to buy it not if it doesn't support HDMI and I have to play through component just to capture things...

i have an AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable and it supports HDMI but, just like everything else out there, it does not capture when HDCP is enabled. that is why people use component when capturing PS3, it has HDCP enabled all the time. there are ways around that too though, i got the Sewell HDMI Splitter, 1x2, v1.3b (up to 1440p) (SW-23500) and it will allow you to record HDMI output from a PS3 if you use it as a passthru. the last 3 PS3 videos i capped (Ziba Tower CQDM and the 2 Noshahr games) were with this, all of the previous PS3 videos were captured via Component.

TheSeks

Yeah, I looked around and the one they're offering a PC capture card. Not bad for a slight price decrease but doesn't really help me at all at the moment.

Yeah, I looked around and the one they're offering a PC capture card. Not bad for a slight price decrease but doesn't really help me at all at the moment.

Yeah, the reason i got the LGP is it needs no PC period. some of the clips i uploaded haven't ever touched a PC, they went from the SD Card in the LGP to a USB Host adapter plugged into my phone and uploaded via Firefox for Android.

TheSeks

In 30 mins I may get on. But I've been attempting to finish Virtue's Last Reward to clear space...

TheSeks

I'm on if Faceless gets on we could win a few games. I'll play a few rounds but I have work tomorrow so I can't stay on long.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
PSA: Will probably be playing this a bunch today, so it's a good time for new gaf players or even lurkers to send me a FR and get into some games.

Meppi and Manc, I love plying with you guys but my internet is just too slow to handle the euro servers. I feel like I hurt the team more than help!

TheSeks

Pffft. Can't be as bad as 1-5 second delay between throwing C4/detonating C4 and seeing your C4 pop-out only for you to die to the enemy you saw before they reacted to like I did in Spats Euro Rush server.

The Faceless Master said:
I'm no expert, it's just that I like reading up on technology and was waiting for a long time for a device like the Live Gamer Portable. I passed on the Game Capture HD because it was huge, component only and a first generation product. From what I read, it works fine, it just wasn't for me.

I may pass then. I could probably use that money toward the PC I'm planning to build to escape the MS/Sony ghetto.

I've finished Virtue's Last Reward, so I'll probably be on today.

Soler

Banned
PSA: Will probably be playing this a bunch today, so it's a good time for new gaf players or even lurkers to send me a FR and get into some games.

Meppi and Manc, I love plying with you guys but my internet is just too slow to handle the euro servers. I feel like I hurt the team more than help!
What time you gonna be on again today?

TheSeks

If he has any sense, it'll be 6:15-6:30PM since some of us are at work.

Qwell

I'll be home in about 2.5 hours, around 4:30pm PST if you are available Evolved. Did you still need to bust out some of the co-op trophies? I'm up for anything that gives me lots of points on my trek to rank 45

<-- turned into a trophy troll for BF3

Evolved1

I'll be home in about 2.5 hours, around 4:30pm PST if you are available Evolved. Did you still need to bust out some of the co-op trophies? I'm up for anything that gives me lots of points on my trek to rank 45

<-- turned into a trophy troll for BF3

That's 830 EST, I think right? yeah, I will probably be on... I was going to make today a gaming day but I've barely played since no one was around. So I'll probably being on this evening.

I need that one Humvee trophy and that's the last co-op one... but I think the co-op is kinda fun, so I'll play anytime if you need to rank it and don;t want to play with randoms.

Only caveat being that, if a bunch of gaffers are on at the time, I usually stick to MP... since you never know how many more times we'll get the group together. It was cool the other night when we had 8+. back in BC2 days we used to fill up the sever, at least one full side on a regular basis.

Looking forward to BF4 and some of the 360 guys joining the PSgaf group!

I may pass then. I could probably use that money toward the PC I'm planning to build to escape the MS/Sony ghetto.

I've finished Virtue's Last Reward, so I'll probably be on today.
yeah, it's hard to recommend it when there's something better... i mean, unless their offer price is like $60 or something

That's 830 EST, I think right? yeah, I will probably be on... I was going to make today a gaming day but I've barely played since no one was around. So I'll probably being on this evening.

I need that one Humvee trophy and that's the last co-op one... but I think the co-op is kinda fun, so I'll play anytime if you need to rank it and don;t want to play with randoms.

Only caveat being that, if a bunch of gaffers are on at the time, I usually stick to MP... since you never know how many more times we'll get the group together. It was cool the other night when we had 8+. back in BC2 days we used to fill up the sever, at least one full side on a regular basis.

Looking forward to BF4 and some of the 360 guys joining the PSgaf group!

i still have fond memories of the BC2 alpha where we would have the enemy team spawn camped all the way up in their starter base in Arica! that kind of thing was so bad that DICE had to make it out-of-bounds hahaha

TheSeks

Was it Arica? I know we had them on Port Valadez when it open-beta'd.

Qwell

And Evolved was last online 4 minutes before I log in, I made a chat room for BF3 since it seems to be working out well for the Last of Us gaf crew, I only have Dave1988 and Evolved on my friends list however, so if anyone wants to invite me I can add folks to the chat if anyone is up for it.

PSN = Qwell

Soler

Banned
And Evolved was last online 4 minutes before I log in, I made a chat room for BF3 since it seems to be working out well for the Last of Us gaf crew, I only have Dave1988 and Evolved on my friends list however, so if anyone wants to invite me I can add folks to the chat if anyone is up for it.

PSN = Qwell
Add me
Larryhova

TheSeks

PS3 Alpha was Arica, Multiplatform Beta was Valdez

I was in both. I could swear Arica was second. But whatever.

Anyway that defense was AWFUL. Random joined Evolved and I in the tank thereby dropping me from being able to get into the gunner seat. Spot someone getting out of a disabled tank and running away. Getting behind us by going the long way on the second set. Literally screaming "BEHIND YOU! BEHIND YOU! BEHIND YOU! BEHIND YOU! JESUS CHRIST! BEHIND YOU!" at my TV only for them to take us out and then proceed to roll us.

And then have Evolved and a random spawn on me instead of the teammate in the building defending when I went out of my way to attempt to snipe (and fail, may I add. :() the two people up on the building abusing explosives.

Fucking cheesy team. And then the next round "TheSecondOpinion" switches to our side to dive-bomb the helicopter everyone is spawning on after Evolved, Larry and I proceed to take A and they park their asses on B. Hate that shit.

Evolved1

PSN = Qwell

I was playing a game with seks and my PS3 froze... kinda hungry so I decided to cook some dinner. Got stuff in the oven... likely be back on in an hour or so.

I was in both. I could swear Arica was second. But whatever.

Anyway that defense was AWFUL. Random joined Evolved and I in the tank thereby dropping me from being able to get into the gunner seat. Spot someone getting out of a disabled tank and running away. Getting behind us by going the long way on the second set. Literally screaming "BEHIND YOU! BEHIND YOU! BEHIND YOU! BEHIND YOU! JESUS CHRIST! BEHIND YOU!" at my TV only for them to take us out and then proceed to roll us.

And then have Evolved and a random spawn on me instead of the teammate in the building defending when I went out of my way to attempt to snipe (and fail, may I add. :() the two people up on the building abusing explosives.

Fucking cheesy team. And then the next round "TheSecondOpinion" switches to our side to dive-bomb the helicopter everyone is spawning on after Evolved, Larry and I proceed to take A and they park their asses on B. Hate that shit.

Yeah, so that tank thing was pretty annoying. I knew there was a guy behind (engineer) but there was just too much going on in front of me. Tanks, chopper, jet etc. (considering you and I had just smacked back their main assault, we were in good position, but no help at all from the team) That's just one of those situations where you cannot possibly kill every damn thing. Damn gunner should have killed the engineer, but never did. And didn't even jump out to repair when we were chopper and jet strafed. Whaddayagonnado? You know?

Then last set... I didn't realize how far away you were. I will say I was hoping you'd have a beacon down for us to get up on the roof, but you took a different approach and I mistakenly spawned on you out in no-man's land. That defense was doomed anyway. Low-level teammates couldn't find their own ass even if they bent over and put their head between their legs (which is where I think most of them had their heads... up their asses).

TheSeks

I'll be back on after dinner. I'm kinda pissed with myself for attempting to go for those two on the building when I should've known better because I knew people would spawn on me. Oy.

Top Bottom