• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Qwell

Picked up Premium for $25, still more than I wanted to pay, but at least I won't be restricted anymore when trying to play with anyone. Now I just hope the guy emails me quickly so I can make sure the code actually works.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm the top rated comment on a levelcap video... youtube community redeemed. lol

Qwell

Love how fast PSN downloads for me, should have all the expansions downloaded and installed in about 30 minutes.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
?

Are you talking about the expiration date of PS+ game?
The expiration date is never set to the full length of your membership period.
It'll renew to a new date the next time it does an online check.

No, he means the free trials Sony gives out.

And IIRC he said "LOL SONY SAYING A WEEK TRIAL WHEN THEY'RE GIVING ME 30 DAYS."

Welp, looks like Sony wasn't lying, eh?

TheSeks

didn't miss much...

All we do is #win

(Of course, I have a blemish of a loss on my recent played on my Battlelog profile, but that was a join in progress, so that doesn't count.)

Man that one person flying on Norshal where me and you get in and they just hover around the carrier was stupid as hell. I'm trying to fire on shit and they're locking me in the 180. NEWSFLASH PEOPLE: IT'S A TRANSPORT CHOPPER. YOU DON'T HAVE GUNS! FACE THE FUCKING THING SIDEWAYS SO THE GUNNERS CAN HIT SHIT! LKDFLAKJSDKFJADLKJDFAKSLJFLAKDSJfa;lsjdkf;klajdf;aldkjfl;adj;*bangs head into keyboard*

Uh, so I was running on Operation Metro, and I ran over some fire, and suddenly I got launched forward and I died. 0_o

The fire doesn't have anything to do with it. It happens sometimes. Something to do with the how the player encounters the geometry of the map. Have had it happen to me many times. Sometimes it will kill you and sometimes it won't.

Seep

Admins on this game are dickheads. 5 times I've been killed by admin then fucked off to the losing side today.

I loved BFBC2 but I'm not feeling this game at all, base rape, shitty admins, stingers are shite yet I die every time, flares do fuck all and the unlock system is awful.

Thank fuck it was free. PS+ save me some cash.

Forgot tools that don't spot and tossers who revive in the middle of a firefight ffs people get your shit right.

TheSeks

He plays on private servers!
laughinggirls.jpg

Go to [DICE] servers or P# servers. 90% of your complaints would be gone.

TheSeks

I know some peeps be like 'mortar kills? how?!' so Boring Mortar Stuff @ 4:45

Well, I dunno if you're commentating but weird that people don't move. Generally if I have a rumble (reason why having vibration is good in the console versions and smart to have on) that isn't a "tank" or "building" rumble (it's hard to explain, you feel the differences) and know it's a mortar pop, I generally try to get out of the area if I get bleed damage, otherwise I stay put on something like Seine because otherwise they'll take the crate.

I'm surprise you get kills now and then otherwise since the mortar was nerfed hard in damage.

And if you have someone with an MAV up it becomes sort of more useful since all the MAV spots will be shown on that big mini-map so you don't have to "fish" if people aren't spotting.

olimpia84

Sorry if you guys got kicked out/banned if you joined my games this evening. I was playing in a tourney with some non-gaffer friends that for some reason didn't have settings set to private server.

TheSeks

That third set is EXACTLY why Recons using their kit items > all other classes in this outing.

Get smoked, see someone coming. Try to tag them but can't through the smoke. Faceless is on the other end. "Shit, I'll throw myself at him." Suppress, die. Faceless gets him, rest of them get them.

Then they swarm on us because the tank doesn't get a gunner to attempt to take down people getting close to the tank (another reason why people need to sit in the tank gunner seat and not have a solo-person tank!) and then armed it. And then a few bad spawns of me (and a bad switch to sniper-dick recon that I forgot I set as a loadout in haste) and they had it.

Fuck, I hate that round.

MVP from the very start and then randoms come in and steal that with swarm tactics that I can't answer by myself. Ugh.

That third set is EXACTLY why Recons using their kit items > all other classes in this outing.

Get smoked, see someone coming. Try to tag them but can't through the smoke. Faceless is on the other end. "Shit, I'll throw myself at him." Suppress, die. Faceless gets him, rest of them get them.

Then they swarm on us because the tank doesn't get a gunner to attempt to take down people getting close to the tank (another reason why people need to sit in the tank gunner seat and not have a solo-person tank!) and then armed it. And then a few bad spawns of me (and a bad switch to sniper-dick recon that I forgot I set as a loadout in haste) and they had it.

Fuck, I hate that round.

MVP from the very start and then randoms come in and steal that with swarm tactics that I can't answer by myself. Ugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUk-YwixOuc

TheSeks

You swapped to Stinger's after spawning on me. No wonder you didn't hit the B building to make it "open air." Bad choice on that set on first set up. But eh...

That sucks. Me and you were 5/6th in points. I went 5-0 at the start and if you had stayed on the ground we could've probably held A when I didn't have to go back and forth between the crates.

If someone had opened aired B (I couldn't do it with smoke and a medikit) I'd have camped there. A is only hard due to that one corner where prone-clipping is able to be abused. But B has to be smoked to even get it if it's properly defended.

Top Bottom