• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Shhhhhh edit that. If he's too stupid to figure it out by now he isn't worth adding!

TheSeks is all talk anyway. I gleaned everything I need to know about him from that vid, did you see how he didn't diversify his squad perk and had the same one as Faceless? Those are the kind of rookie mistakes that I have zero tolerance for. Kudos to Faceless for keeping his composure and not calling him out here (which is more than I can say for TheSeks). Had it been me, I'd have verbally ripped him a new one. He'd be in tears, dualshock quaking in his hands.

See you on PS4.

TheSeks is all talk anyway. I gleaned everything I need to know about him from that vid, did you see how he didn't diversify his squad perk and had the same one as Faceless? Those are the kind of rookie mistakes that I have zero tolerance for. Kudos to Faceless for keeping his composure and not calling him out here (which is more than I can say for TheSeks). Had it been me, I'd have verbally ripped him a new one. He'd be in tears, dualshock quaking in his hands.

See you on PS4.

he would have just told you to change your spec instead.

tumblr_lo90v8JTUJ1qmirddo1_500.gif

Speaking of...signing on now.

See you in an hour

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Looking forward to introducing Quality Revives® to PS3Gaf.

I'm fully support Quality Revives® lol

Hey faceless, you still willing to play squad rush with me? I just want to get one win (whenever)... haha

TheSeks

Basically.

@Bean Breath: What's a PS4? Some magical thing that is free online? No? Okay, can't care.

Faceless said:
>>Change it instead<<

Indeed. I ain't changing from speed/suppression/explosion most of the time since that's generally what I have to pick from randoms. It's only joining GAF I forget to check again and change.

TheSeks

WHY.jpg That isn't even that good of a perk. I've slapped it on a few times and suppression buffs (since those are the norm) basically make it have no effect. Or maybe I just don't notice since it seems too placebo between it and not having it on.

I'm fully support Quality Revives® lol

Hey faceless, you still willing to play squad rush with me? I just want to get one win (whenever)... haha

anytime.

WHY.jpg That isn't even that good of a perk. I've slapped it on a few times and suppression buffs (since those are the norm) basically make it have no effect. Or maybe I just don't notice since it seems too placebo between it and not having it on.

some people just despise the suppression mechanic that much.

TheSeks

some people just despise the suppression mechanic that much.

Yeah, but despise it that much to slap a perk that doesn't do shit for it on? Seriously?

Like I said: I've tried it and I haven't noticed a reduction in suppression. Maybe it works with "normal" suppression, but the suppression buff perk basically makes it pointless to use.

I should probably test it more but first impressions on it wasn't positive.

Well, my 360 just overheated which means that it's pretty much dead.

Time to get a Steambox, bro.

TheSeks

I'd run through a battalion of bad guys to revive a fallen friend. Over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

If you ever got out of a helicopter to do it. *cough cough cough*

...I didn't say anything.

ecurbj

It's been overheating every single summer for the past 3 years now. Every time I bring it along to a friend of mine to let it get cleaned out. The time between visits keeps getting shorter, though. :(
I thought the RROD generation was dead a few years ago considering we have the Elite's and the Slim models proving they are better.

TheSeks

I've been known to scuttle my chopper in those rare instances I feel the need to dunk my scrotum in a dead players mouth.

s/scrotum/helicopter's scrotum.

;)

Overdoziz said:
Also, overheating isn't the same as RROD.

Ah, but overheating leads to RRoD, yeah?

Just sell the thing and put the money toward a PC already.

TheSeks

I'm going to be the designated, watch the m-com like a hawk, tossing my motion balls all around guy in BF4 again, aren't I.

I really wish we have some other talent to take over that job.

I tried, but I can't be there all the time. Like I said: I started off 5-0 clearing out 4-5 people at B. They rushed A and Faceless was in the air (when generally he'll be on the ground covering A) and I rushed A (stupidly, I should've stayed at B and switched to open air as fast as possible) to attempt to take it out.

Major problem I've had since you haven't been here is having the ability to "base police." Or those times where I'm having to sit there as a recon and I've basically muscle memorized it since you haven't been on in a good nine months to where sitting in the hell room with you is pointless but I'm too damn worried about someone sneaking in to where I sit there instead of going out and attempting to spot the people coming up one way and the other.

I mean I try my best to sit on the crates and disarm them and if I have support I can do it, but when most everyone is on a front-line or sitting in one area because that's where threats area and I'm the only one attempting to "plug the hole" on the other side of the map... #icant, you know?

meppi

I'm going to be the designated, watch the m-com like a hawk, tossing my motion balls all around guy in BF4 again, aren't I.

If you are talking about tossing my balls around, I'm gonna do that non stop like I was in BC2. ;) Just like I spot every 2-3 seconds. In BF3, I do toss my balls around sometimes, but in another fashion. :p

As for sitting on an MCom. It's not my favourite job, but if we have a shit team and the enemy is well organised, I don't mind doing just that, even if that means ending up at the bottom of the list for a change. :)

Evolved1

I love guarding mcoms. I just get frustrated when I get stuck guarding both. lol

I tried, but I can't be there all the time. Like I said: I started off 5-0 clearing out 4-5 people at B. They rushed A and Faceless was in the air (when generally he'll be on the ground covering A) and I rushed A (stupidly, I should've stayed at B and switched to open air as fast as possible) to attempt to take it out.

Major problem I've had since you haven't been here is having the ability to "base police." Or those times where I'm having to sit there as a recon and I've basically muscle memorized it since you haven't been on in a good nine months to where sitting in the hell room with you is pointless but I'm too damn worried about someone sneaking in to where I sit there instead of going out and attempting to spot the people coming up one way and the other.

I mean I try my best to sit on the crates and disarm them and if I have support I can do it, but when most everyone is on a front-line or sitting in one area because that's where threats area and I'm the only one attempting to "plug the hole" on the other side of the map... #icant, you know?

I know that feeling all too well. lol

However, that&#8217;s also why I don&#8217;t think I&#8217;ll be able to escape that defensive player role anytime soon. I&#8217;ll never be comfortable until someone can do the job as well or better.

There are so many little things when it comes to defense that it is a mindset issue. Such as your example of not rushing to another m-com only to leave the other undefended. While that may seem obvious on paper - most players&#8217; instinct is still to run to where the action is. Then there are also things like c4-ing the m-com and triggering it on time, setting up contingency plans if you can&#8217;t watch the objective, etc. Most people don't want to have that on their minds.

That being said, you&#8217;re right. There&#8217;s no point for you to do the hell room tactic or any defender tactic when I&#8217;m there to do it. Essentially, I&#8217;ve placed myself into my own predicament.

If you are talking about tossing my balls around, I'm gonna do that non stop like I was in BC2. ;) Just like I spot every 2-3 seconds. In BF3, I do toss my balls around sometimes, but in another fashion. :p

As for sitting on an MCom. It's not my favourite job, but if we have a shit team and the enemy is well organised, I don't mind doing just that, even if that means ending up at the bottom of the list for a change. :)

Well, it's never anyone's favorite job.

I just don't think people do it exceptionally well >.>

I love guarding mcoms. I just get frustrated when I get stuck guarding both. lol

"now you know..." I'll save my breath.

TheSeks

The problem I've noticed is that some of GAF will go for one crate on defense and leave one or two people on the other. And that's generally the side that gets all the action, which is good for them but if theres people that (smartly) pick the hole-side; it's bad for the two that is facing five players. I've had situations where I am laying waste to an enemy team by myself for a good 2-5 minutes only for the rest of the team to come in because "HEY THIS GUY IS GETTING POINTZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" and leave the side they were defending undefended and the crate gets armed.

(Or they kill me and people don't notice and then the crate I'm defending gets armed, SMH)

It's not just a GAF problem though: Even in random games I've seen people go for vehicles and things and push out and NEVER focus on the crates. To where I'm running between the two.

Notable place(s) would be Metro second set. Most of GAF goes for B when A is in a building that is a "hell room" on that map. Leaving me (or two-three other players) on that side facing people coming in.

If people set up at B and had a few also push up into the hallways north of A, it'd be far better of a defense than sticking near B.

Strike at Karkand first set A is another notable one. Everyone goes for that one and leaves me setting up at B despite the fact that B is narrow hallways to the north and flanking at the right of it. Plus tanks coming that way (or A, granted) to where I'm generally recon T-UGSing the buildings/hallways of B and can't answer a tank rolling right up to B to arm it.

Evolved1

It's not all the time... I mean sometimes we all get steamrolled trying to defend... but pretty often I'm defending a crate and it's the other one that gets armed. Too often! lol

So I try to play middle ground and honestly it's not too effective. You're basically trying to pick them off mid-range before they get close to the crates, and I'd rather defend in close quarters. Since I usually (unless for kill-room crates) have an SMG or PDW.

Looking forward to the return of motion balls, but actually I think TUGS is better for crate defense. They are permanent, and you don't need to count on supports for replenishment. Motion balls are for forward recons (offense) imo.

Man, can't wait for BF4.

TheSeks

It's not all the time...

Disagree. It's something that I've noticed, most of GAF will go for one crate over the other. Which would be fine if there was a split in randoms to where one crate and "lanes" wasn't completely open. Next time we have a group (or tonight but I'm not playing until Friday due to work/TV days until then) just notice it. Since I'm a "big picture"/mini-map focused person it's something I've noticed. Randoms and GAF will go for action which is great for those action minded players but terrible for defense.

It's the same with Squad Perks stacking. We're in a rush to spawn and don't notice them stacking. But that's also a DICE GUI designer issue since they made the spawn screen "blend in" squad mates and their perks with the blue background so it can be hard to see what perks people have and since "Spawn Beacon" also takes up the one squad-mates slot it can be hard to know what perk the recon/spawn-beacon person has due to the beacon being laid down.

I mean sometimes we all get steamrolled trying to defend...

Yes but...

but pretty often I'm defending a crate and it's the other one that gets armed. Too often! lol

I think it's a lack of squad commands. I'm like the only person to issue a "focus on this one" command. If the leaders that weren't me used it to point out the one they wanted to attack/defend I think it'd help slightly in getting people focused on one. But generally I "defend this" and am the only one defending. Which is fine with me if someone like Faceless is another recon putting a beacon at B/A/whichever I'm not defending and then sitting there... but terrible when I'm the only recon
until Dream returned
spawning and setting up a beacon because I can't count on randoms to put a beacon down. Ugh.

Note this isn't a "you guys suck" type of thing. This is a "it's a problem that could be solved if people just noticed there was a lack of defense on one side and provided some support on that side by going 'hey, we should spread out.'"

As for the motion mine vs T-UGS/MAV: I'm impartial to either. Motion mines have their "fishing" aspects while T-UGS has a "prospecting but have to survive" aspect. I lean toward the T-UGS simply because it lasts as long as the beacon is up compared to the motion mine's 3 bubbles/"waves" and then dying if BF4's is like BC2's.

Then again BC1 didn't have either and it was a "spot on hit" system, so...

Before Faceless flogs me: Yeah, I just remembered the motion mines in BC1. Able to throw all three of them out back-to-back and have them all spot instead of them replacing each other like BC2. But they had a much shorter duration IIRC.

Before Faceless flogs me: Yeah, I just remembered the motion mines in BC1. Able to throw all three of them out back-to-back and have them all spot instead of them replacing each other like BC2. But they had a much shorter duration IIRC.

oh man, i used to sit on the ammo and spam the crap out of motion mines on Ascension

Top Bottom