• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Are frag rounds even useful outside of destroying cover now? The nerf was kinda needed, same with the Thermal scope.

(And this reminds me: How the hell do you pronounce your user name?)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Are frag rounds even useful outside of destroying cover now? The nerf was kinda needed, same with the Thermal scope.

(And this reminds me: How the hell do you pronounce your user name?)

"Kak.efes"

Kak.efes

Frag rounds are indeed useless now, but I'd like to get a GAF squad to go 4x on the USAS + frag rounds sometime. It could be fun, especially on metro CQ.

It's pronounced kyak-efes. Kyak for short.

TheSeks

Eh, I think they still kill but not at the range they used to have.

So that's... Kay-yak-e-face?

In English pronunciation, son.

Kak.efes

It's just kak, man. Think of the pronunciation of the word khakis without the second syllable. EFES is just an imported beer I used to drink. It's not supposed to make sense.

meppi

So, checked my battlelog for the first time in a while, and the USAS-12 is still my top weapon (1677 kills). It reminded how retarded (and hilarious) frag rounds were with that thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zesdXj0oLQQ

Ah, the good old days. lol
I never could take the game serious with the combination of USAS frag rounds and input lag back in the day. So I just kept trolling no matter what.

The 870 (slugs only with a x4 ACOG) only now just surpassed the USAS as my top weapon even though I haven't used it at all after the patch. Then again, I didn't play the PS3 version for over a year so it makes sense I guess.
I actually reset my stats to see what my actual accuracy rate is now since it was pretty screwed up due to that mess from back then.
Surprised to find it actually went up. :)

Frag rounds are indeed useless now, but I'd like to get a GAF squad to go 4x on the USAS + frag rounds sometime. It could be fun, especially on metro CQ.
Heh, I'd certainly be willing to do this once, just for fun.
Add me and I'll see what I can do. ;)

Evolved1

I have like <10 kills with all the auto shotguns.

Well, the other day I used the one for the assignment and completed it for the engineer... but that's the only exception.

Still, I would do this... trolling can be fun.

edit: lol just realized I couldn't do this, since I don't have the unlocks. Thanks DICE.

I have like <10 kills with all the auto shotguns.

Well, the other day I used the one for the assignment and completed it for the engineer... but that's the only exception.

Still, I would do this... trolling can be fun.

edit: lol just realized I couldn't do this, since I don't have the unlocks. Thanks DICE.
seriously tho... i still have a handful of weapons left to get unlocks for despite playing with each gun until i get all the unlocks then switching. i'm done with engineer and pdws, but i still have like 5 sniper rifles, some shotguns and 1-2 to go for support and assault.

Evolved1

I really hope all the weapons in BF4 have RDS from day 1... I despise having to unlock the low powered optics. Especially on the sniper rifles.

I really hope all the weapons in BF4 have RDS from day 1... I despise having to unlock the low powered optics. Especially on the sniper rifles.

I'm looking forward to that tilt mechanic that was in the single-player trailer. Have a big ass scope that takes up half your screen for long range then tilt your gun to the side for ironsights up close.

meppi

Well, just finished another fine night of BF3 that ended in the following:

iDfLhNLJn7wJi.jpg

We were playing with a group of 4 assholes from "The Phok Family" clan for a couple of rounds.
For some reason they didn't like the fact that we were on top of the leaderboard after several games and started to attempt to drive our vehicles of the road and even C4 them.
Even though we all know that doesn't do anything without for the most part, unless an enemy shoots at us afterwards.
So we were getting tired of this shit and decided to switch teams after the last round.
Which ended in the following.
One of their guys had quit already but they sent for reinforcements as they were getting whooped pretty badly to say the least.
So for some reason they decided to target me especially, which didn't end all that well as I was the cause of 7 of the 7 deaths of that one guy, plus a couple extra that didn't track as he got revived 2 times. :p
T-bagged them just about any time I shot them down and in the end they got me once since I was at C all alone with 2 C4 guys on me, 2 RPGing my tank and a heli to top things off. Jumped out of my tank and shot him down once more to finish the job before his buddies finished me off and danced on my carcass like they just won the Super Bowl.

I'm sure that was their crowning achievement in their 800-1200h they have played this game.
The game ended with just one of them getting a positive K/D ratio due to nothing but him being a chopper whore. lol
So they all rage-quit. Afterwards came that nice little message from someone who seems awfully desperate to finally see a woman naked. ;)

Although I'm not sure that's his preference as the French part states that "he wants to fuck me instead in a room with lots of shit".
Gonna have to agree with my platoon icon, Al Bundy, and say that the French certainly are a dirty people. ;P

TheSeks

seriously tho... i still have a handful of weapons left to get unlocks for despite playing with each gun until i get all the unlocks then switching. i'm done with engineer and pdws, but i still have like 5 sniper rifles, some shotguns and 1-2 to go for support and assault.

Better man than me. I gave up on doing the snipers. I've got the assaults, LMGs, and SMG's left. PDW are all done.

JJD

Fuck you Olimpia!!! FUCK YOU!!! HOW COULD YOU LOSE THAT fUCKING GAME!!!!!!!

I hate Atletico, now I'll have to hear dozens of dumbasses bragging about winning Libertadores over and over again! I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOUUUUUUUU!

TheSeks

Spanish Clan Wars. POR QUE!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?

This is a joke.

What the hell are you talking about?

Donde,&#65279; está, la biblioteca. Me llamo T-Bone La araña discoteca.

Discoteca, muñeca, La biblioteca es en bigote grande, perro, manteca.

Manteca, bigote, gigante, pequeño, cabeza es nieve, cerveza es bueno.

Buenos dias, me gusta papas frías, bigote de la cabra Es Cameron Diaz.

TheSeks

Donde,&#65279; está, la biblioteca. Me llamo T-Bone La araña discoteca.

Discoteca, muñeca, La biblioteca es en bigote grande, perro, manteca.

Manteca, bigote, gigante, pequeño, cabeza es nieve, cerveza es bueno.

Buenos dias, me gusta papas frías, bigote de la cabra Es Cameron Diaz.

i4jVXcdbwvwJB.gif

Okay, I didn't and had to look it up and it's apparently Community.

Faceless: Air Superiority should be easy provided you get on a good team. Issue is K/D Ratio diving for said wins.

M.W.

Got PS+ again, DL'ed BF3. Haven't played it since 2011 on the 360. Damn, is this game fun. If anyone wants a PS3 buddy to play with, add me: AtomBom

TheSeks

Got PS+ again, DL'ed BF3. Haven't played it since 2011 on the 360. Damn, is this game fun. If anyone wants a PS3 buddy to play with, add me: AtomBom

Or you could take the proactive step and add Evolved or Dreamy to get in on GAF games.

But nooooooooo Rental service people think they're special and have to be added by everyone else.

M.W.

Or you could take the proactive step and add Evolved or Dreamy to get in on GAF games.

But nooooooooo Rental service people think they're special and have to be added by everyone else.

LOL, I guess I could. I haven't read through the thread much. Thanks for the tip, bro.

TheSeks

I'm just fucking with you, man. They're the two (well Evolved now, I guess since "One Eyed Dreamy" is out of action and killing himself to play with the group) that has most everyone on their lists and will join random Rush (Me) or Conquest (Olimpia) games.

I'm just fucking with you, man. They're the two (well Evolved now, I guess since "One Eyed Dreamy" is out of action and killing himself to play with the group) that has most everyone on their lists and will join random Rush (Me) or Conquest (Olimpia) games.

yeah, I feel like I'm going blind in my left eye every other day lol.

That being said, I see you are joining the "PC-only" crowd.
We'll miss you(?) on PS4.

I'm not sure if I'm double dipping on pc this time around.

olimpia84

Fuck you Olimpia!!! FUCK YOU!!! HOW COULD YOU LOSE THAT fUCKING GAME!!!!!!!

I hate Atletico, now I'll have to hear dozens of dumbasses bragging about winning Libertadores over and over again! I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOUUUUUUUU!

Dude, I can't believe we lost that game. Somewhat deserved though since we missed so many clear chances :(

Evolved1

Hey there. Next time I jump on PSN I will send you an invite if I remember... if not you can send me one ("Evolved1") and I will try and get you into some gaf squads/games. :)

My FL is starting to get clogged up again (TLoU mp requires you to be friends to party-up and that's not helping matters) but I'm pretty sure there's a little space on there. lol

Ominym

Banned
So I never really got into BF3 as much when it came out (didn't have time.) Now however, I'm making up for lost time and noticing how much fun I missed out on.

Any DLC people recommend? Someone just enlightened me to using the pump action shotgun with slugs, and that's pretty enjoyable. Apparently it's a combo for jerks?

I'll probably pop in here more now and then seeing as how Halo has worn out it's welcome on me.

Evolved1

So I never really got into BF3 as much when it came out (didn't have time.) Now however, I'm making up for lost time and noticing how much fun I missed out on.

Any DLC people recommend? Someone just enlightened me to using the pump action shotgun with slugs, and that's pretty enjoyable. Apparently it's a combo for jerks?

I'll probably pop in here more now and then seeing as how Halo has worn out it's welcome on me.

Can't speak for the Xbox guys, but on PS3, B2K is the most played DLC by a wide margin. We seem to play vanilla and B2K the most, and rarely if ever the other packs. But some of the other packs have pretty good weapons, and I certainly use them from time to time.

DutchNeon

Neo Member
Started playing BF3 after upgrading to a new PC. Dam I'm bad at this game :( Maybe because I prefer the mayhem that is 64 player servers.

deadlast

2 Quick questions. I bought into the PS4/BF4 combo. How fast do BF matches load up on PSN and where can I find detailed information on the multiplayer modes for the PS3?

I'm trying to get myself ready for BF4, so I can hit the ground running.

TheSeks

yeah, I feel like I'm going blind in my left eye every other day lol.

I told you not to kill yourself to play with us, man.

That being said, I see you are joining the "PC-only" crowd.
We'll miss you(?) on PS4.

Yeah, right. You say this but within a week you won't miss me. Trust me.

I'm not sure if I'm double dipping on pc this time around.

I can't blame you since Abu is going back to PS4. But I had a long Star Wars Episode 3-y post to Faceless about "I can't go down this path of paywalls to play online with you." and "you were supposed to join the free online movement, not kill it!" or something but that would be in October when BF4 launches.

I may get a PS4 for FFvs13, but given most everything I want so far this year is going to PC and PC doesn't charge me $50 extra to use a rental service to play online? It's the only smart choice.

I told you not to kill yourself to play with us, man.

Yeah, right. You say this but within a week you won't miss me. Trust me.

I can't blame you since Abu is going back to PS4. But I had a long Star Wars Episode 3-y post to Faceless about "I can't go down this path of paywalls to play online with you." and "you were supposed to join the free online movement, not kill it!" or something but that would be in October when BF4 launches.

I may get a PS4 for FFvs13, but given most everything I want so far this year is going to PC and PC doesn't charge me $50 extra to use a rental service to play online? It's the only smart choice.

I always miss people. That's the only reason why I'm the only one here who kept up with Abu.

As for PC, it's a smart choice if you don't go too crazy about it.
I just can't play competitive games outside of TF2 on it anymore.
I'll start thinking about things like "am I using the best mechanical keyboard there is?", "am I using the best mouse?", "am I using the right mouse pad?", "is the ultra high graphical setting actually creating too much distractions?", etc.

Ironically, I still build powerful desktops as a (wasteful) hobby.

TheSeks

Eh I don't think I'll be "BUT DID YOU #WIN?" on PC. I'll probably
suck as I readjust
be doing suicide runs like I did in BC1 earlier this generation. Same with Call of Duty 4: Bombed my KDR in Headquarters going into the HQ area, capping it and sitting there attempting to defend only to have fifty grenades thrown at me.

You can always play TF2 with me and some of GAF later. I know there's still a huge group of people on GAF playing TF2 and while I hate how the class updates have ruined the "balance" of the game for me I still have fun with it
because there's no stats to whore in it. Take note DICE.

Eh I don't think I'll be "BUT DID YOU #WIN?" on PC. I'll probably
suck as I readjust
be doing suicide runs like I did in BC1 earlier this generation. Same with Call of Duty 4: Bombed my KDR in Headquarters going into the HQ area, capping it and sitting there attempting to defend only to have fifty grenades thrown at me.

You can always play TF2 with me and some of GAF later. I know there's still a huge group of people on GAF playing TF2 and while I hate how the class updates have ruined the "balance" of the game for me I still have fun with it
because there's no stats to whore in it. Take note DICE.

Nah. I have a nice & quiet NY server that I stick to.for TF2. You can join me and we can do the new co-op mode, but I don't plan on switching servers anytime soon.

TheSeks

Aw, you wuss: TF2-GAF's server is fine since it's based in NY and the crowd is pretty friendly
and homoerotic

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Do used copies of BF3 still require an online pass for multiplayer? I know EA is getting rid of online passes, but I'm not sure if it's in effect for their already released games...?

No_Style

You finally got that co-op and campaign out of the way huh.

Do used copies of BF3 still require an online pass for multiplayer? I know EA is getting rid of online passes, but I'm not sure if it's in effect for their already released games...?

Pass is free on PSN Store. Just DL it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Sweet, thanks for the quick answers. My XBL is expiring next month and I probably won't renew it, so I figured I may as well sell my copy of BF3. Onward to the PS4 and BF4. :)

olimpia84

You finally got that co-op and campaign out of the way huh.

Yes. When I first got this game I was determined to get the platinum but gave up after finding out how boring the SP and coop missions were. It wasn't until a few days ago that I decided to get back on track and get those annoying mission trophies.

TheSeks

Good job. That end train section of the flash forward sucks, doesn't it?

---

Also Amazon fucked up. So they're bumping my shipping up. Hoorah. Also got a free copy of Splinter Cell: Blacklist out of the deal so bonus since I was kinda interested in that. Don't need to pick up the PS3 copy in August then. Heh.

Evolved1

I just have a few SP trophies left, but I really don't want to do them... lol.

Top Bottom