• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

meppi

Think I'm done with this game for a while.
Such an utter shit community it has...

Was playing this game tonight.
The previous game was already very suspect with severe team stacking going on among other things, but this one takes the cake for the most blatant cheating by an admin I have ever witnessed in BF3.

We were up by around 300 tickets and already shot down 6 or more little birds with regular tank shells and we are holding all the flags.
Suddenly we die and the screen goes black.
"Yay, killed by admin and teamswitched" you think. Well sorta.

They switch a couple of us to their team, which they have done in other occasions when they are losing, but this time, I refused to spawn and watched the scoreboard till I could switch back to my original team.
Guess what happened?
They switch some of their team over to our side, then some of our old team members back to our side and their remaining members again to their side.

So we now not only have to spawn from the carrier, but all of our hardware is still on land for them to take. On top of this, we are now nearly 300 tickets down as the game was not reset. Instead both teams were switched around so they could try to spawn camp us, which didn't quite work out as they planned. But still it was something we couldn't come back from.

So if you ever come across anyone from this shitty scrub clan called KKTC Team Clan, or play on their sever, do me a favour and teabag them a couple of times for me. ;)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
7ff375d7cb1349ba10deed813ab1fbb1.gif

FTFY.

The previous game was already very suspect with severe team stacking going on among other things, but this one takes the cake for the most blatant cheating by an admin I have ever witnessed in BF3.

We were up by around 300 tickets and already shot down 6 or more little birds with regular tank shells and we are holding all the flags.

They switch a couple of us to their team, which they have done in other occasions when they are losing, but this time, I refused to spawn and watched the scoreboard till I could switch back to my original team.
Guess what happened?
They switch some of their team over to our side, then some of our old team members back to our side and their remaining members again to their side.

So we now not only have to spawn from the carrier, but all of our hardware is still on land for them to take. On top of this, we are now nearly 300 tickets down as the game was not reset. Instead both teams were switched around so they could try to spawn camp us, which didn't quite work out as they planned. But still it was something we couldn't come back from.

So if you ever come across anyone from this shitty scrub clan called KKTC Team Clan, or play on their sever, do me a favour and teabag them a couple of times for me. ;)

lol @ that 'url' meppi :p

and yeah, that's why you stay away from custom servers.

olimpia84

Guess what happened?

Why do you play on private servers?
Private servers are the worst and I'm dumbfounded every time I log into the game and see gaffers playing on them. 70% of the time you'll find dick admins that kick or ban you for literally anything, and worst of all, 90% of the time those servers have a ticket count over 100% which makes games incredibly one-sided, boring and never ending. Not to mention that map rotations on private servers are usually utter crap with only 2 or 3 of the popular maps.

meppi

Why do you play on private servers?
Private servers are the worst and I'm dumbfounded every time I log into the game and see gaffers playing on them. 70% of the time you'll find dick admins that kick or ban you for literally anything, and worst of all, 90% of the time those servers have a ticket count over 100% which makes games incredibly one-sided, boring and never ending. Not to mention that map rotations on private servers are usually utter crap with only 2 or 3 of the popular maps.

I know, I know. But I want to play something else but the 3 shitty rotations DICE have going. :(
Never playing Seine Crossing otherwise for instance, well except for rush which is nowhere near as fun as it was in BC2.
We played on this one before and everything was fine till they tried to teamswitch us a couple of days ago. At which point we switched back and still kicked their asses.
This time I deleted them from my favourites, so yeah, I won't be returning there.

Funny how we still got the Ace squad. lol Happens a lot, even if it's just the two of us against douchebags like this. ;)

olimpia84

I know, I know. But I want to play something else but the 3 shitty rotations DICE have going. :(
Never playing Seine Crossing otherwise for instance, well except for rush which is nowhere near as fun as it was in BC2.
We played on this one before and everything was fine till they tried to teamswitch us a couple of days ago. At which point we switched back and still kicked their asses.
This time I deleted them from my favourites, so yeah, I won't be returning there.

Funny how we still got the Ace squad. lol Happens a lot, even if it's just the two of us against douchebags like this. ;)

Go to the text search in the server browser and type 'official EA' and a list of EAs servers with varied random map rotations should come up. For some reason those official servers are very infrequent for Conquest which is a shame since they offer the most varied and fair 'experience' out there.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Well, just finished another fine night of BF3 that ended in the following:

iDfLhNLJn7wJi.jpg

We were playing with a group of 4 assholes from "The Phok Family" clan for a couple of rounds.
For some reason they didn't like the fact that we were on top of the leaderboard after several games and started to attempt to drive our vehicles of the road and even C4 them.
Even though we all know that doesn't do anything without for the most part, unless an enemy shoots at us afterwards.
So we were getting tired of this shit and decided to switch teams after the last round.
Which ended in the following.
One of their guys had quit already but they sent for reinforcements as they were getting whooped pretty badly to say the least.
So for some reason they decided to target me especially, which didn't end all that well as I was the cause of 7 of the 7 deaths of that one guy, plus a couple extra that didn't track as he got revived 2 times. :p
T-bagged them just about any time I shot them down and in the end they got me once since I was at C all alone with 2 C4 guys on me, 2 RPGing my tank and a heli to top things off. Jumped out of my tank and shot him down once more to finish the job before his buddies finished me off and danced on my carcass like they just won the Super Bowl.

I'm sure that was their crowning achievement in their 800-1200h they have played this game.
The game ended with just one of them getting a positive K/D ratio due to nothing but him being a chopper whore. lol
So they all rage-quit. Afterwards came that nice little message from someone who seems awfully desperate to finally see a woman naked. ;)

Although I'm not sure that's his preference as the French part states that "he wants to fuck me instead in a room with lots of shit".
Gonna have to agree with my platoon icon, Al Bundy, and say that the French certainly are a dirty people. ;P

I'm pretty sure "sale grosse merde" means "dirty fat shit", not "room with lots of shit".

I'm not good enough to get hate messages. D;

meppi

Go to the text search in the server browser and type 'official EA' and a list of EAs servers with varied random map rotations should come up. For some reason those official servers are very infrequent for Conquest which is a shame since they offer the most varied and fair 'experience' out there.
Are you sure that isn't just US servers?
As I haven't come across any EA numbered servers in Europe ever since the private servers went online.
I'd be fine with it if they provided a decent alternative, but then again those servers probably bring in quite a bit of cash for them, which is all they care about in the end.

I'm pretty sure "sale grosse merde" means "dirty fat shit", not "room with lots of shit".

I'm not good enough to get hate messages. D;

Well that make a bit more sense. ;)
My French is quite shitty these days (no pun intended) even though the country I live in is supposed to be bi-lingual. But hey, if our royal family is to lazy/stubborn to learn how to speak Dutch, I'm not bothering with French. Heck I even understand Afrikaans better than the "Dutch" those people speak. :-/

Wouldn't say I'm that good myself actually. It's just that when I get to confront a group of scrubs together who think they are good, only because they play in large numbers against low level individuals, I get highly motivated to try and humble them a bit.
Even cleared several of these groups from their own server a couple of times. lol
Naturally you can't do this on your own, but with one or two other good players on your side with the same mindset, things just start to happen. ;)

You can easily see that when I'm playing with a couple other gaffers and we overwhelm the opponents so it becomes a spawn-rape game, I completely lose all interest and start to do terrible due to the fact that the challenge just isn't there at all.
I'd much rather have a constant back and forth where we have to fight for every ticket. And this really does happen from time to time but it's really rare. And the worst part of it is that after such a game a huge part of the players quits, no matter if they were on the winning or losing team. :(

TheSeks

Are you sure that isn't just US servers?
As I haven't come across any EA numbered servers in Europe ever since the private servers went online.
I'd be fine with it if they provided a decent alternative, but then again those servers probably bring in quite a bit of cash for them, which is all they care about in the end.

Server filter:

Ranked: Yes
Mode: Conquest (just checked Rush as well)
Rules: Normal (Softcore)/Custom
Map: Any
Players: Any

[DICE] Endgame CQ (only conquest on Endgame maps)
[DICE] Conquest Classics (Conquest and Conquest Assault on vanilla and B2K maps)
[DICE] Most Popular (Team Deathmatch, Rush, Conquest included on vanilla)
...Jesus, there's too many servers to wade through...
[DICE] Armored Kill Conquest (Conquest on Armored Kill maps ONLY)
[DICE] Urban Warfare (Rush, Conquest Assault, Conquest on vanilla [16 players])
[DICE] Soldier Skerishes (Rush, Team Deathmatch, Conquest, Conquest Assault on Vanilla/B2K maps only [16 players])
[DICE] Epic Battles (forgot this and what it is, Conquest included with Conquest Assault IIRC?)

Didn't see any P# or EA Server #'s like you can in the US but there's DICE servers that are being played in Europe. Problem is Endgame and Armored Kill only. No B2K and Vanilla, no Aftermath. Just those two. And the other variants aren't that good.

Compared to the Rush rotation which is somewhat good since "All-out Rush" while vanilla maps has all the maps. These rotations seem based on big maps and no Metro (love it or hate it) in the rotation.

meppi

That sounds about right. We used to have EA#***** as well but those are long gone.

I only have Karkand and Close Quarters on PS3 though, so I'm limited to those.
I prefer the original maps anyway tbh. Since the Karkand rotation is indeed with Conquest Assault mixed in which I strongly dislike as a game mode.

The problem with those mixed Rush/Conquest Dice servers is that they don't mix up things. You'll always get Damavand Peak and Seine Crossing as Rush maps for instance. Never as conquest. And you get other maps that always get Conquest, yet never Rush.
If they just mixed up both game modes for all the maps of the orginal pack I'd be happy. But they don't so the only way to play them is to join private servers or join international ones, which can mess up the hit detection even more than the server side netcode already does.

It's pretty much a lose-lose situation.

M.W.

Quick question. I pretty much a straight up CQ TDM guy. I don't fancy the large battles. Is it worth it to pick up the CQ DLC only? Again, I could buy premium, but I wouldn't play anything but the close quarters TDM.

meppi

Quick question. I pretty much a straight up CQ TDM guy. I don't fancy the large battles. Is it worth it to pick up the CQ DLC only? Again, I could buy premium, but I wouldn't play anything but the close quarters TDM.

I'd say yes actually. Even though it's as far away removed from "the battlefield experience" as it gets, I find close quarters to be extremely fun as a change of pace.

meppi

Across 360 and PC I've played exactly one Close Quarters match since I got it for free.

Well on 360 you are lucky if you find 5 servers running those maps at any given time. Certainly in Europe.
On PS3 there seem to be at least a couple of pages of servers up at any moment.

Just picked up a new Super Slim today and will be on throughout the weekend if any PS3 GAFers would like to add me (I'll send Evolved an invite so I don't get a tongue lashing like from the last page, ha!)

PSN: xx_shiv_xx

Also picking up the new Hot Shots Golf too.

I've recently got back into this game on 360 and was wondering what servers do you guys recommend? I try to play on the official servers when I can, but there are times when I log on and those servers are empty.

Overdoziz

Banned
Talked to Xbox Support and they got me a free repair, which is nice about 6 years past warranty. They probably won't like it when they find out it's tempered with, though. We'll see.

AlexBasch

Talked to Xbox Support and they got me a free repair, which is nice about 6 years past warranty. They probably won't like it when they find out it's tempered with, though. We'll see.
Wait what?

I opened my Xbox a few days ago to clean up the laser and whatnot because it ran out of warranty in early 2010 or so. Well, shit. :p

PSA

Rush defense on Seine should make first set Bravo their priority and not get fixated on hijacking an LAV... like some people

Also
Rubble trouble

ibfsyYDGj4wY0S.gif

lol
They're going to send it right back

I've recently got back into this game on 360 and was wondering what servers do you guys recommend? I try to play on the official servers when I can, but there are times when I log on and those servers are empty.

There are always people on "BF3 Classic" and "All-Out Rush" servers.

You'll be getting an email as soon as they see you've opened the case.

PSA

Rush defense on Seine should make first set Bravo their priority and not get fixated on hijacking an LAV... like some people

Having twelve people in Seine B1 sounds like a terrible idea. Let's try it.

Overdoziz

Banned
Wait what?

I opened my Xbox a few days ago to clean up the laser and whatnot because it ran out of warranty in early 2010 or so. Well, shit. :p
Well, I just acted like it had something to do with the Dashboard beta (which apparently can affect hardware) so they got me free repair. They'll most likely just send it back, but it's worth trying out since I wouldn't be doing much with the 360 otherwise anyway.

AlexBasch

Geez, I lost my shit at "uh, wrong tool" moment there, haha.

To whoever suggested checking out the Official EA servers. Thank you. Been enjoying fun matches on vanilla maps just fine and without getting kicked or admin-killed.

I'm curious about how USAS-12 worked pre-patch too, tried to check it out and the thing is a mess, feels like the Gnasher shotgun of Gears; unless you have the nose of some dude in the barrel, it does shit damage. :/

TheSeks

The USAS pre-patch wasn't really a problem outside of fire speed. The problem was adding frag rounds pre-nerf to the equation.

Kak.efes

Pre-patch you were a human LAV. Post-patch, they lowered the rate of fire with frags, and neutered its damage. I was a surgeon with it, especially with the IRNV equipped. It was probably the best close, to medium-long range weapon in the game.

Top Bottom