• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

AlexBasch

The USAS pre-patch wasn't really a problem outside of fire speed. The problem was adding frag rounds pre-nerf to the equation.
I know, was just trying to unlock the frag rounds and see it for myself but it's not worth it at all, my K/D tanked severely at using that thing. I'd rather use the SPAS or M1014.

Thing would have been a monster in Ziba Tower, I think.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I never used it... but I remember getting hit with it and thinking, since when is there a LAV on metro tunnels!? Oh right... it's a UASS.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The M1014 is a lot better than the SPAS here. And I say that as a SPAS fan. Half the time I hit someone with the SPAS but they're still standing and since it's a pump-action shotgun that's certain death in CQC.

Whereas the M1014 is a semi-auto shotgun but less cheap unlike the DAO and USAS. Hit someone with it and they're still standing? Hit them again.

The SPAS' "cone" of damage is waaaaay too inconsistent to be used seriously, IMO.

Also, eight quid loves flashlights

ib2aYqqHvnKC53.gif

I wasn't in the party at the time and thought you were chewing my ass out for some reason, lol. I was thinking, "Oh god, what did I do now?".

My favorite revive was when I believe, and Lostsupper can correct me if I'm wrong here, he announced that he's out of ammo, committed suicide, and then I brought him back.

I wasn't in the party at the time and thought you were chewing my ass out for some reason, lol. I was thinking, "Oh god, what did I do now?".

lol
I was bored since all but three left the opposing team

My favorite revive was when I believe, and Lostsupper can correct me if I'm wrong here, he announced that he's out of ammo, committed suicide, and then I brought him back.

Quality

Wait a couple of months and trade it for credit towards a PS4.

Why would I do that?

fritolay

When I play scavenger mode obviously you just get to choose a pistol. Why is the mp443 the only pistol that shows a progress bar? I tried to use it but from one scavenger map to another the bar goes up and down or am I delusional?

So BF GAF, what is the consensus on where everyone is going to be playing BF4? I assume most are going PS4, but I want to see what everyone is moving to. I know we have had a strong 360 community, and a good amount of 360 players with be getting the One. I have both consoles pre-ordered at the moment, but do want to see what BF GAF is doing. So PS4 or Xbox or One
PC
? What say ye?

TheSeks

PC. Just say no to paywalls. Frankly, I was on the PS4 train until that tidbit slid on by during Sony's conference and then nope.avi'd on out of there.

Not that anyone cares about little ol' me, anyway.

So BF GAF, what is the consensus on where everyone is going to be playing BF4? I assume most are going PS4, but I want to see what everyone is moving to. I know we have had a strong 360 community, and a good amount of 360 players with be getting the One. I have both consoles pre-ordered at the moment, but do want to see what BF GAF is doing. So PS4 or Xbox or One
PC
? What say ye?

vR3xXXL.png

same price as the Xbox One with no game and no live? cut the check.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
PC
? What say ye?

I will probably get an Xbox One. Not at launch, though.

meppi

Citizen Kane of games this generation

Nope. That honour goes to Dynasty Warriors. ;)

PC
? What say ye?
From PS3 to 360 and now back to PS3 to get used to the controller again by the time I go PS4.
If I ever get a One, it'll be for exclusives.
which I'm only going to buy second hand out of spite and principle ;P

Dr Prob

Banned
PC
? What say ye?

Feel like PS4 GAF is going to be DEEP. Even after the initial buzz wears off.

gold code?

Yeah.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I don't know, man
The news about the PS4s memory being halved has me worried...

Time to fill the tub:

1) Digital Foundry / Eurogamer claimed in an article that 4.5 GB is available for development at launch, with 512 MB / 1 GB as flexible memory

2) Various, unbanned GAF insiders have said "That article is incorrect"

3) Thuway, Famousmortimer, BruceLeeRoy, and Verendus (all unbanned) have all heard "The memory situation on PS4 is ideal and has exceeded expectations in every way." That should mean that games at launch won't be affected by any kind of restrictions in place

4) Thuway stated that some games currently in development are using 6 GB of RAM, but also implied some form of RAM restrictions at launch is not completely out of the equation

5) Kagari (has connections to Square-Enix) also agreed with the 6 GB claim

6) VBlank Entertainment (Retro City Rampage) has denied that Sony is reserving 3.5 GB of RAM for the OS

7) NOTHING is confirmed until either Sony states something or launch RAM allocations are revealed in some way

BF4 on PS4 is going to be the way to go. With 32 player teams, we will need as many as we can get. Can't wait to have endless GAF tags steam rolling the competition.

Already sent.

Learned that slick humvee around the back of Laguna Presa 3rd set from lurking around here.

Glad it was you!

man i miss that map. setting AT Mines in the water on the 1st set was so amazing!

BF4 on PS4 is going to be the way to go. With 32 player teams, we will need as many as we can get. Can't wait to have endless GAF tags steam rolling the competition.

the revolution will be recorded.

TheSeks

Bwahahahahahahaha. Dance my puppets, dance! *pulls strings*

I may get BF4 on PS

---

And you're forgetting I have a dead handheld I bought... two times.

(and a DS that is mostly broken and a DS Lite for Pokemon but let's ignore those)

As for We 2: No1currs about the We 2.

Time to fill the tub:

Nothing is confirmed by either side.

For all I know, it can be 1GB for games XB1 vs 1GB for games PS4 (edit: nm, Sony confirmed at least 5GB.)
The whole RAM debate is just stupid since that stuff can be changed with a click of a button.

man i miss that map. setting AT Mines in the water on the 1st set was so amazing!

Setting mines anywhere on that map is a joy. So sad we're going to get more shades of gray and rubbles with BF4.

TheSeks

I think ya'll are forgetting that BC1 (and 2, but slightly less so) were just as industrial as BF3/4.

I'm fine with the industrial stuff but it'd be nice to get some jungle and snow maps back. Though I'm really more worried about map balance and the addition of water combat in the case of Rush more than anything. BF3's flank routes were pretty poor and the map design lopsided toward the defenses favor depending on the map. (Not being able to blow a wall to the north of third set B on Metro was WTF. It's just the West side only. So still leaves two walls that the defense can hide behind and attackers can't get through)

Top Bottom