• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Nothing is confirmed by either side.

For all I know, it can be 1GB for games XB1 vs 1GB for games PS4 (edit: nm, Sony confirmed at least 5GB.)
The whole RAM debate is just stupid since that stuff can be changed with a click of a button.

I was expecting atleast around 5.5 or 6 for games anyways.

Also, I said fill the fucking tub >_>

Overdoziz

Banned
I'm also thinking about getting a capture card, maybe stream some. What did you pay for yours, Supper? Shows up for around 180 on Amazon which is a tad on the high side for me.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I'm also thinking about getting a capture card, maybe stream some. What did you pay for yours, Supper? Shows up for around 180 on Amazon which is a tad on the high side for me.

That's half of a ps4 right there =p

----

Which reminds me, Does anyone know of a capture card that can bypass the protection shit?

AlexBasch

Aight, I think I'm done playing Rush in this game.

Seriously, unless it's on those EA Official servers, it's mostly 500+ tickets with that shit, and it's basically a nonstop attack of guys who just spawn over, and over and so, until both of your M-COM's are armed and you move on to the next spot.

Same for attacking, got to be in the attack squad two times and it was a steamrolling victory, it's just not fun.

EDIT: Was on vanilla maps too. I rarely find another maps that have regular, normal settings instead of 1700 tickets/no shotgun/no this/no that/final destination.

Aight, I think I'm done playing Rush in this game.

Seriously, unless it's on those EA Official servers, it's mostly 500+ tickets with that shit, and it's basically a nonstop attack of guys who just spawn over, and over and so, until both of your M-COM's are armed and you move on to the next spot.

Same for attacking, got to be in the attack squad two times and it was a steamrolling victory, it's just not fun.

EDIT: Was on vanilla maps too. I rarely find another maps that have regular, normal settings instead of 1700 tickets/no shotgun/no this/no that/final destination.

you should just be done playing BF3 on random servers period. seriously, every mode is fucked when it comes to custom servers. i'm trying to play CQDM and i swear every single non-EA and non-DICE server is 300% tickets MINIMUM. i don't feel that CQDM matches should take 45 minutes...

AlexBasch

you should just be done playing BF3 on random servers period. seriously, every mode is fucked when it comes to custom servers. i'm trying to play CQDM and i swear every single non-EA and non-DICE server is 300% tickets MINIMUM. i don't feel that CQDM matches should take 45 minutes...
Yeah, can't recall who suggested looking for those EA Official servers in the search field but thank you, thank you very much; stopped playing BF3 for a while because it wasn't fun anymore.

Wish I could play more of the Close Quarters maps though. :/ Also, fucking mortars, how do they work.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Yep. If you're playing Rush on 500% you're having a bad time.

150% at MAX is the line, anything above that and the defense can't defend and might as well not play. Anything lower is what DICE intended (pref. 100%). If you're joining servers that are above DICE's limit, you're doing it wrong.

And you don't need to pay for cross-game voice chat but have to for online play.

SMH Sony.

yeah, but it's online play. they could give everything else away for free and sell just online play alone for PS+ and that would make them the more money than free online with pay everything else. what are the alternatives? Xbox Live is $10/yr more. Wii U? lol.

TheSeks

yeah, but it's online play. they could give everything else away for free and sell just online play alone for PS+ and that would make them the more money than free online with pay everything else.

And that doesn't sit with me after two generations of them offering free online play.

what are the alternatives? Xbox Live is $10/yr more. Wii U? lol.

Or PC: Skype for free for "cross-game voice chat." Steam sales. Online play is free. Cross-game TEXT chat/IM's through Steam.

Only prohibitive there is the cost of hardware and not knowing if titles are going to be optimized.

We 2 isn't even in this discussion since Nintendo bombed it after three two passes to set up an online service. It's obvious they aren't going to do that so fuck them.

TheSeks

That $1000 paid will be paid back in full from not paying $250-$400 within the next 4-8 years of this generation. Add in Steam sales (where I don't have to pay $50 a year to get -50%/-75% off in sales. [Hey, Sony, remember when you did this for FREE online users? *rocking chair*]) and the savings from buying games in that will fill in the cost.

So yes, I'm "sure showing Sony" by not subscribing to pay another $1,000+ this generation to this by spending $1,000 now and saving in the costs of that initial investment later.

---

And that's not to say I don't understand the business reasons on why Sony's doing it: X-box Live has done it for two generations now, so why shouldn't they? But as a consumer where half the shit they're offering behind that pay-wall is shit and one is important but not worth putting up with the rest of that shit? No thanks.

I think the only worthwhile rentals I've gotten off their rental service before the pay-wall implimentation has been X-com and Uncharted PSP2. Everything else is "meh," or "already own/planed to own."

Or in the case of Deus Ex: Put on sale for 50% off three months before being put on rental (lol)

i only plan to buy Battlefield games and the occasional fighting game anyway. everything else is probably a rental. PC not a factor because lol PC fighting games... with the Xbox 180 now in effect... who knows... maybe i'll get one next year for KI and TitanFall!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I don't really like the idea of paying for online... however in this case they bound it to PS+, a service that imo pays for itself a few times over and one I would subscribe to by default.

So while I understand the sentiment, I really couldn't care any less irl... If it wasn't tied to PS+ I'd feel a lot differently, but it is, so... yeah... whatever.

I don't really like the idea of paying for online... however in this case they bound it to PS+, a service that imo pays for itself a few times over and one I would subscribe to by default.

So while I understand the sentiment, I really couldn't care any less irl... If it wasn't tied to PS+ I'd feel a lot differently, but it is, so... yeah... whatever.

conversely, i never cared about paying for PS+ because i just didn't care about what it offered enough to pay for it. i don't like paying for online play, but i do it anyway because the alternative is not playing online...

oh, that reminds me, i gotts put in this PS+ code from Sony Customer Service. they finally responded to me this weekend about my 30 day code lasting 7 days...

Evolved1

conversely, i never cared about paying for PS+ because i just didn't care about what it offered enough to pay for it. i don't like paying for online play, but i do it anyway because the alternative is not playing online...

As a fan of fighting games (which I am not) hasn't a lot of that stuff dropped on PS+?

But yeah... anyway, you're point stands. And it does kinda suck to pay for online. I guess there is always the possibility though (unlike LIVE) that something appealing may come down the Plus pipe. Mitigate the cost a bit.

But yeah if you don't really see the value there, paying for online sucks. Presents you with a "best of the worst" type choice. Fortunately Plus (and PS4 in general) seems like a good value proposition to me, so putting money down on the system/subscriptions/preorders I haven't had to do it begrudgingly. Honestly, pretty excited.

As a fan of fighting games (which I am not) hasn't a lot of that stuff dropped on PS+?

But yeah... anyway, you're point stands. And it does kinda suck to pay for online. I guess there is always the possibility though (unlike LIVE) that something appealing may come down the Plus pipe. Mitigate the cost a bit.

But yeah if you don't really see the value there, paying for online sucks. Presents you with a "best of the worst" type choice. Fortunately Plus (and PS4 in general) seems like a good value proposition to me, so putting money down on the system/subscriptions/preorders I haven't had to do it begrudgingly. Honestly, pretty excited.

doesn't matter if some game drops on PS+ a year after i would or wouldn't have bought it. especially fighting games, which i would get sooner rather than later. i mean, it's not like i wouldn't play thru some of the games on there but that wouldn't be a reason for me to pay for PS+ like 'you cant play online' is.

Evolved1

doesn't matter if some game drops on PS+ a year after i would or wouldn't have bought it. especially fighting games, which i would get sooner rather than later. i mean, it's not like i wouldn't play thru some of the games on there but that wouldn't be a reason for me to pay for PS+ like 'you cant play online' is.

Yeah, fair enough.

AlexBasch

Anyone else uses Canals TDM to even out your KDR because it tanks to fucking hell because you're PTFO and everyone is running like decapitated chickens on defending Rush and not capping points on Conquest so not only your ratio suffers but you lose awfully?

No? Alright.

AlexBasch

what does 'even out your KDR' even mean?
I don't mind getting 2/20 as long we get to win a match.

But I can't help but feel really frustrated at healing, repairing and spotting, getting an awful KDR (yes, this is not COD, I'm aware of that) and losing by 100 tickets or under 15 minutes in Rush.

I have 1.05 ratio, and I used Canals to test out my loadouts but lately, it's the only thing that I have been enjoy playing. I'm a "bad BF3 player" because I can't pilot or snipe for shit, but sometimes it gets to the point where "why do I even try" when you get steamrolled by the other team. :/

Anyone else uses Canals TDM to even out your KDR because it tanks to fucking hell because you're PTFO and everyone is running like decapitated chickens on defending Rush and not capping points on Conquest so not only your ratio suffers but you lose awfully?

No? Alright.

1) Why are you playing with Randoms?
2) I usually pull out even if I'm playing alone with crap randoms. Just do the opposite of everything they do and avoid hot zones.

I'm a "bad BF3 player" because I can't pilot or snipe for shit, but sometimes it gets to the point where "why do I even try" when you get steamrolled by the other team. :/

I can't snipe or pilot for shit either. That doesn't make one a bad BF3 player........nor does it make a good BF3 player.

AlexBasch

1) Why are you playing with Randoms?
2) I usually pull out even if I'm playing alone with crap randoms. Just do the opposite of everything they do and avoid hot zones.

I can't snipe or pilot for shit either. That doesn't make one a bad BF3 player........nor does it make a good BF3 player.
1) Because I have no friends to play with and you guys seem too advanced for me, so I wouldn't like to tick you off because of how I play, lol.
2) I'm stubborn like that, sometimes I end up in a squad where we support each other but still it's not enough to face an entire team that has the same clan tag and everything, I end up leaving sometimes, but when you get a dynamic going on between four randoms, you start hoping things get better on the next game, most of the time it doesn't.

Only reason I'd like to learn to pilot decently is because it bothers me to avoid jets, tanks, vehicles and helicopters because apparently nobody in our team knows how to control those, so the pros in the other team just take them and beat the shit out of us with them. :/

Overdoziz

Banned
I wonder what my K/D, SPM and W/L will be in BF4 now that I won't play around a 1000 games of Conquest dicking around without a good team. Ever since I started playing with 360GAF my stats got quite a boost across the board.

meppi

Calling in for the team that can't snipe or pilot for shit. :)

Although I do a nasty countersnipe with my bazooka once a night at least. Too bad it doesn't count for "Longest Headshot" as that would have been fun as fuck when "sniping" a camper from the crane at A from B with an RPG on Firestorm.

Ah, PS4 record feature. You can't come soon enough!

No? Alright.

Stats haven't meant anything since the advent of custom servers.

AlexBasch

Calling in for the team that can't snipe or pilot for shit. :)

Although I do a nasty countersnipe with my bazooka once a night at least. Too bad it doesn't count for "Longest Headshot" as that would have been fun as fuck when "sniping" a camper from the crane at A from B with an RPG on Firestorm.

Ah, PS4 record feature. You can't come soon enough!
I took down a Jet from hip-firing with a SMAW at a Conquest match, I pressed the wrong button and thought it was the Repair tool but shot the rocket instead. The pilot had like 15-0 and gunned down our pilots over and over. Never enjoyed a hate message so much. Wish I could have recorded it, was goddamned unreal.

Stats haven't meant anything since the advent of custom servers.
I had no luck searching for EA Official servers a few hours ago. :/ Wish you could save them into Favorites, I'd go there straight away.

We still play with Evolved.

/rimshot
So mean, haha.

Evolved1

We still play with Evolved.

/rimshot

You're stuck with me. Because I am the glue that holds PS3gaf together.

edit: KieferCrimson, what's your PSN? None of these losers are playing today, and I apparently need some new friends!

Evolved1

still need that squad rush game?

Actually... about a week ago, I didn't see you on and just joined a random game. My team was on the last crate with it armed, I played like 10 seconds and got my win. Trophy popped. Never playing it again.

lol

edit: unless someone else wants to, then I would join, but I'm not purposefully playing it if I can help it.

Evolved1

I think it's 4v4 or something... never really gave it a chance.

alternate POV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKDA6Q-l5Og

Actually... about a week ago, I didn't see you on and just joined a random game. My team was on the last crate with it armed, I played like 10 seconds and got my win. Trophy popped. Never playing it again.

lol

edit: unless someone else wants to, then I would join, but I'm not purposefully playing it if I can help it.

oh, ok, cool. i'll also help out if anyone else is looking to get the ribbon...

Well, it's something new. I'm not opposed to giving gun master a try either.

gun master ... oh man ... simultaneously fun and frustrating

Top Bottom