• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

v1lla21

Hey guys :D I'm rather new to GAF. Are you guys setting up play times to play BF3 online? I own it on PC and PS3, I have a 360 but I thought getting it on it would be too much lol.

Anyways my steam and PSN is: V1lla21

Do you play with the DLC? I haven't downloaded it but I will of some one wants to play :3

Hey guys :D I'm rather new to GAF. Are you guys setting up play times to play BF3 online? I own it on PC and PS3, I have a 360 but I thought getting it on it would be too much lol.

Anyways my steam and PSN is: V1lla21

Do you play with the DLC? I haven't downloaded it but I will of some one wants to play :3

We don't have set playtimes. It's usually either someone announce something in here or we just jump on to see if anyone is playing.

In terms of PS3, please add/message evolved1 or olimpia to your friend list. Most of the active players here have friend lists that are near max/full.

God I love the FOV bug

QW7w1z1.jpg

Why wasn't there an option, DICE?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I actually like a tight, slightly claustrophobic FOV... I just wish most FPS's had headtracking like ARMA.

:(

Overdoziz

Banned
Yeah, they'd need to support it properly for it to work well. With TRACK IR you can change a load of settings to fine tune the headtracking. I doubt many developers will bother.

Evolved1

Yeah, they'd need to support it properly for it to work well. With TRACK IR you can change a load of settings to fine tune the headtracking. I doubt many developers will bother.

I wish DICE would... especially for a game with so much vehicle piloting.

Of course then DICE might have to put in a lean mechanic! Can't have that!
apparently ever

Overdoziz

Banned
Honestly, lean mechanics aren't that great, being able to look around freely is awesome, though. I use it constantly in Arma and really miss it in other games. Helps a lot when flying in choppers. Imagine actually being able to see what your gunner in the transport chopper is shooting at.

I swear trying to play when we're 8-10 deep is more frustrating than playing with randoms. I spend as much time trying to get on the right team as playing the game.

Also I hope party chat can handle more than 8 people next gen.

Overdoziz

Banned
BF4 should just keep people in the same platoon together.
Definitely hope PS4 party chat has a lot of slots, your friendlist being able to hold 2000 players is a good sign.

BF4 should just keep people in the same platoon together.
Definitely hope PS4 party chat has a lot of slots, your friendlist being able to hold 2000 players is a good sign.

I hope we can have instant squad/team/party chat toggles like PC.

Large team chat on 64 player PC matches were a huge double edge sword.
People who didn't know any better would flock around based on misinformation -_-.

AlexBasch

Don't have friends to play BF3 with.
Met some guy at a party who is a BF3 nut, added him on PSN.
For the first time since I bought it, I'm playing with someone in BF3.
Get a game invite from boatack but I can't join right away since the match is pretty tight.

Sorry. :C

AlexBasch

Boatack really wants to pop your cherry.
And I enjoyed it.

Have to leave now, but was fun! I tried to listen to your directions and whatnot, but it was really different to play with other people instead of randoms running around.

Need to work on my Rush defending, but was a real good match, you guys are pros. :]

Evolved1

Which is why I prefer to drive, I feel bad for the driver when I can't kill a guy and ends up sticking a C4 on our ride. :(

BK is probably talking about the chopper gunner... though it's annoying in any vehicle. Don't feel bad if you can't kill shit in the tank gunner seat. That thing is a piece of crap in BF3. I don't know if they nerfed it or what, but it's trash.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Faceless: BC1 at 2PM or 5PM. I'll check my PSN list to see if you're on at either of those times and we'll play. Be there.

Kak.efes

I was referring to tank gunners. I was about to flank this tank on Firestorm conquest, but this guy spawned in, and proceeded to give away our position; I guess it was vitally important he shoot at a random wall.

TheSeks

Oh, Faceless: A controller after a week of adjusting to PC:
i71FfEyqDaFw2.gif

Shit is either too fast/slow and can't pin-point enemies that I know I can get the bead on normally. Ugh.

Let's do BC1 at least there my deaths don't totally frustrate me.

TheSeks

Leave your snob whining elsewhere
"but I can't play click-click-click RTSesss"

I can't, seriously. Go grab Starcraft 1 and I'll install my copy and show you. I am absolutely horribad at RTS.

Top Bottom