• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

JJD

Man I have an UK PS4 pre ordered that will be delivered to me around December 17, but I'm thinking of biting the bullet and buying a brazilian one at launch. The damned thing will probably cost almost 1000 USD, but at least it will be available on November 29. I'll gift the UK one or sell it.

I was going to buy a lot of the release day games (AC Black Flag, Watch Dogs, Killzone and others), but lately I'm thinking I'll just grab BF4 since it's all I'll be playing for a couple months. I'll get the others when they drop in price.

BF4 is seriously looking amazing, the island map is awesome! I can't wait to play it.

PS3 GAF, are you guys going to buy BF4 for the PS3 until the PS4 is out? Seems there will be some kind of promotion if you buy it for PS3 you'll get a good discount on the digital version of BF4 for the PS4.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Man I have an UK PS4 pre ordered that will be delivered to me around December 17, but I'm thinking of biting the bullet and buying a brazilian one at launch. The damned thing will probably cost almost 1000 USD, but at least it will be available on November 29. I'll gift the UK one or sell it.

I was going to buy a lot of the release day games (AC Black Flag, Watch Dogs, Killzone and others), but lately I'm thinking I'll just grab BF4 since it's all I'll be playing for a couple months. I'll get the others when they drop in price.

BF4 is seriously looking amazing, the island map is awesome! I can't wait to play it.

PS3 GAF, are you guys going to buy BF4 for the PS3 until the PS4 is out? Seems there will be some kind of promotion if you buy it for PS3 you'll get a good discount on the digital version of BF4 for the PS4.

I will not buy the PS3 version. I'll play the beta, but I think there are enough other games to keep me occupied until PS4 drops and I get BF4 and never look back.

Dave1988

Nope. Going straight for BF4 on the PS4. I think I'll do the same for Ass Creed IV and Watch_Dogs, too.

Killigath

I'm probably gonna get BF4 on PC to tide me over until I get a PS4.

Be on 360BF3 a good bit tonight and this weekend, double XP weekend.

I might double dip the PC version for the purpose of........thread....write up........I don't know what the plan is anymore.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I might double dip the PC version for the purpose of........thread....write up........I don't know what the plan is anymore.

Translators note: "For the purpose of" means "play with someone that bitches a lot but defends the crates."

olimpia84

I have a PS4 preordered for launch day through Amazon but the more time passes the less 'confident' I feel, and at this point it's more likely I will end up cancelling my pre-order. I just can't justify a major expense for one game (Battlefield 4). None of the other games scream "$60 day one purchase" to me. In fact, at this point it looks like the Xbone has a better lineup of games tbh.

I still have a ton of games in my backlog, especially for the PS3, that I want to complete at one point or another. That plus I have a 3DS and Wii U and those two system are (and will) deliver great games that will simply increase my backlog so I might have to wait on the PS4. So in summary, I might be the only guy here playing BF4 on the PS3 lol

I have a PS4 preordered for launch day through Amazon but the more time passes the less 'confident' I feel, and at this point it's more likely I will end up cancelling my pre-order. I just can't justify a major expense for one game (Battlefield 4). None of the other games scream "$60 day one purchase" to me. In fact, at this point it looks like the Xbone has a better lineup of games tbh.

I still have a ton of games in my backlog, especially for the PS3, that I want to complete at one point or another. That plus I have a 3DS and Wii U and those two system are (and will) deliver great games that will simply increase my backlog so I might have to wait on the PS4. So in summary, I might be the only guy here playing BF4 on the PS3 lol

that's pretty interesting to see because for me, i have no plans at all for any other launch games. unless the demo beta is awful, i'm in it for one game. BF4. fuck my backlog. i agree about XB1, that has more games that interest me. well, just Titanfall, but that's 2014 and everyone's jumping to PS4 anyway, so i can deal with the XB1 potential purchase next year.

Kak.efes

I don't think I've paid full retail for a game in years, largely due to an annual E3 promotion one of the major retailers runs here in Canada. New game purchases are $40, provided you preorder them during a one week window during E3. I scooped up BF4, AC, and Second Son for $120 total. If it weren't for this promotion, chances are I'd wait on the PS4, but its provided incentive to jump in.

For the record, Dream, I don't give a shit where you nerds discuss your battlefield vidiya gaems.

TheSeks

that's pretty interesting to see because for me, i have no plans at all for any other launch games. unless the demo beta is awful, i'm in it for one game. BF4. fuck my backlog. i agree about XB1, that has more games that interest me. well, just Titanfall, but that's 2014 and everyone's jumping to PS4 anyway, so i can deal with the XB1 potential purchase next year.

If you're only getting a platform for one game, you should just go PC. The money you'd save not paying to play online would pay back half the initial investment.

*cough cough*

(Have you seen Titanfall?)

For me, I dunno if I'm going to pre-order/day one or not since they announced Premium for BF4. They'll probably do a premium edition again which screws day one buyers over slightly. Though, paying $10 extra would give me air vehicle unlocks which would be nice for my unlocking in BF3 but I dunno if that's worth the premium burn. :/

Get a PC.

why?

If you're only getting a platform for one game, you should just go PC. The money you'd save not paying to play online would pay back half the initial investment.

*cough cough*

(Have you seen Titanfall?)

For me, I dunno if I'm going to pre-order/day one or not since they announced Premium for BF4. They'll probably do a premium edition again which screws day one buyers over slightly. Though, paying $10 extra would give me air vehicle unlocks which would be nice for my unlocking in BF3 but I dunno if that's worth the premium burn. :/
the game is not as good without friends to play with. i never cared much for the kb/m combo. i don't see how the cost scenario comes out to less. i buy platforms 'for one game' all the time.

Great. You're going to leave me all alone defending the crate with a bunch of enemy base vehicle stealers, front line agro killers and vehicle whores?

TheSeks

the game is not as good without friends to play with. i never cared much for the kb/m combo. i don't see how the cost scenario comes out to less. i buy platforms 'for one game' all the time.

You can play with a controller. Think of it as challenge. :p And you'd have me but whatever. At this point I know PC-GAF isn't going to play Rush with me so I'm going it alone on that front.

(I still gotta get 5AA jeep kills on End Game maps for the M1911 S-tac. Ugh)

You can play with a controller. Think of it as challenge. :p And you'd have me but whatever. At this point I know PC-GAF isn't going to play Rush with me so I'm going it alone on that front.

(I still gotta get 5AA jeep kills on End Game maps for the M1911 S-tac. Ugh)

yeah, i happen to like Rush. and the choice is ... well, you and a couple of friends and those PC dudes who don't seem to really play that often... vs like 3/4 of PS3 GAF and 3/4 of 360 GAF.

the choice was already made.

olimpia84

Great. You're going to leave me all alone defending the crate with a bunch of enemy base vehicle stealers, front line agro killers and vehicle whores?

My decision is not set on stone, so don't count me out yet xD
Who knows, maybe I'll get hyped the closer we get to launch and impulse buy the system...we'll see

4ugTSr4.png

JJD

Noooooooooooooooo!!!

C'mon man think of the graphics, of the full maps, of 64 noobs waiting to be backraged!!! Paracel Island looks like a BC2 map! Remember Panama Canal!

I was thinking of grabbing a lot of games at launch but I'll probably only get BF4 because that's all I'll be playing.

You know you'll play this for thousands of hours. You're the go to squad mate of all PS3 GAF!

Hell even Abu is
maybe
coming back...Dream is going to play with an eyepatch! You gotta make sacrifices! =)

TheSeks

BF4 is 720p on console. What a shit show.

GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE.jpg

:p

Speaking of the PC side: Origin/EA is doing a sale and the Vehicle Unlock Pack for BF3 is like $7 bucks so $3 off that pre-order Deluxe Price. I'm tempted to get that instead of pre-ordering the Deluxe since there is no word of day-one buyers being grandfathered into Premium and since they announced Premium I just know they're going to do a Premium edition that includes Premium for free again.

You expected more than that? I'll gladly take the 60fps over 1080p any day.

Agreed.

GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE.jpg

:p

Speaking of the PC side: Origin/EA is doing a sale and the Vehicle Unlock Pack for BF3 is like $7 bucks so $3 off that pre-order Deluxe Price. I'm tempted to get that instead of pre-ordering the Deluxe since there is no word of day-one buyers being grandfathered into Premium and since they announced Premium I just know they're going to do a Premium edition that includes Premium for free again.

This is why we need a separate console thread.

Evolved1

Should've been both 60fps and 1080p. If that requires toning down the graphics a bit that's fine with me. I'm kinda tired of all that blurry garbage on console to be honest.

We'll see. DICE has called bullshit on the report. It's better than 720p atm and they are optimizing.

We'll see where it lands at release.

Evolved1

In a new thread, people are now melting down about an IGN report that BF4 looks better running on a $5000 PC than on $400 PS4.

This forum is insane. lol

Top Bottom