• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
$5000, eh?

I'm under the impression they are approaching about as beastly as you can buy, but really that's not important.

They are higher end PC's. No one should be shocked that PC's are getting better results than consoles. lol

Overdoziz

Banned
I'm under the impression they are approaching about as beastly as you can buy, but really that's not important.

They are higher end PC's. No one should be shocked that PC's are getting better results than consoles. lol
DICE said system requirements would be similar to those of BF3. Considering my €500,- PC can run that game at 1080p, 60fps and everything at least at high I doubt I'll have much trouble running BF4 at similar settings. The PS4 version apparently doesn't even run on high end graphics settings if that new thread it to believed so it's pretty disappointed that even a budget PC can outperform it.

Supper, we should definitely check out the beta on PC for a bit.

Evolved1

DICE said system requirements would be similar to those of BF3. Considering my €500,- PC can run that game at 1080p, 60fps and everything at least at high I doubt I'll have much trouble running BF4 at similar settings. The PS4 version apparently doesn't even run on high end graphics settings if that new thread it to believed so it's pretty disappointed that even a budget PC can outperform it.

Supper, we should definitely check out the beta on PC for a bit.

$5000 was way off the mark, lol... but these aren't exactly budget PC's.

Screenshot%20from%202013-08-22%2017:09:54.png

Overdoziz

Banned
I'm sure they're using high-end PCs, but you won't need a $1000+ PC to run BF4 at higher settings than the PS4 or anything. PCs at gameshows also have to run in different circumstances than normal PCs, both because the game probably isn't optimized yet and because it's usually a sauna at those events.

Arkanius

Im thinking of buying the EA bundle for Battlefield 3, but I hate DLCs that are basically just maps.
How bad is BF3 vanilla without any of the other DLCs in terms of finding games?

GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE.jpg

:p

Speaking of the PC side: Origin/EA is doing a sale and the Vehicle Unlock Pack for BF3 is like $7 bucks so $3 off that pre-order Deluxe Price. I'm tempted to get that instead of pre-ordering the Deluxe since there is no word of day-one buyers being grandfathered into Premium and since they announced Premium I just know they're going to do a Premium edition that includes Premium for free again.
and how much fun are you having on PC with BF3?

Killzone is 1080/60p in MP and will have free DLC

Step it up, DICE
but its still Killzone.

PC thread.

another example of why one thread is better.

vixlar

This is unfair!!!

I just bought BF3, on the excelent Humble Bundle Origin...

I wanted to buy the premium pack, but it is at the same price of BF3 + premium.

olimpia84

Noooooooooooooooo!!!

C'mon man think of the graphics, of the full maps, of 64 noobs waiting to be backraged!!! Paracel Island looks like a BC2 map! Remember Panama Canal!

I was thinking of grabbing a lot of games at launch but I'll probably only get BF4 because that's all I'll be playing.

You know you'll play this for thousands of hours. You're the go to squad mate of all PS3 GAF!

Hell even Abu is
maybe
coming back...Dream is going to play with an eyepatch! You gotta make sacrifices! =)

The bolded part is the one thing keeping me from cancelling my pre-order. I know that in the long run it'll be a good investment considering how many hours I put on the Battlefield games. I guess I'll wait and see what decision I take as we get close to launch

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Who's wanting a Origin BF3 code? No? Then I'm giving it to Modbot...

Evolved1

Something I missed during the streams was just talked about by lvlcap and some other guy... apparently the defibs now have only three charges. And there are quick vs long revives. Quick revive is instant, player comes back with 20% health. Long revive is four seconds and player comes back with full health.

But three revives before the defibs are useless. This is a pretty huge change. I like it.

Bye bye medic trains.

(wonder if ammo box will fill up the defib battery)

TheSeks

Something I missed during the streams was just talked about by lvlcap and some other guy... apparently the defibs now have only three charges. And there are quick vs long revives. Quick revive is instant, player comes back with 20% health. Long revive is four seconds and player comes back with full health.

But three revives before the defibs are useless. This is a pretty huge change. I like it.

Bye bye medic trains.

(wonder if ammo box will fill up the defib battery)

That's actually gonna be an interesting change for Rush. Defense gets even stronger if they haven't fixed the destruction knee-jerks from attack->defense->attack->defense.

Evolved1

Yeah, but they are giving all sorts of crazy shit to use now like flashbangs and whatnot.

I think we just need to get our hands on it. I'm trying to hold off on speculating about balance until I actually play it (unlike BF3 where I ended up being wrong about a lot of knee-jerk reactions) this time I'm gonna wait n' see.

Did you see that countermeasure thing you set up like a SOFLAM and it explodes incoming projectiles? lol... there's some crazy stuff in BF4. And AT4-like rocket launcher seems to be back too.

Can't wait for this game, it looks so awesome.

Overdoziz

Banned
Who has their PS4 pre-ordered?
I used to rarely pre-order things because for the 360 you can usually just pick thing up the day of launch without much trouble. I'll probably pre-order the PS4 + BF4 some time soon.
Looking around most shops don't have it in stock anymore, some can't even guarantee delivery before 2014.

Evolved1

I used to rarely pre-order things because for the 360 you can usually just pick thing up the day of launch without much trouble. I'll probably pre-order the PS4 + BF4 some time soon.

It really seems like both consoles are going to have supply issues at launch (we hear this every launch, but this time it seems maybe to be true)... that's why I got my money down on PS4 straightaway so I'm assured a first-wave system.

Looking around most shops don't have it in stock anymore, some can't even guarantee delivery before 2014.

Heh
I haven't pre-ordered either, but I'm hoping my local Best Buy or Walmart will have them available when I decide to.

TheSeks

Yeah, but they are giving all sorts of crazy shit to use now like flashbangs and whatnot.

I think we just need to get our hands on it. I'm trying to hold off on speculating about balance until I actually play it (unlike BF3 where I ended up being wrong about a lot of knee-jerk reactions) this time I'm gonna wait n' see.

Did you see that countermeasure thing you set up like a SOFLAM and it explodes incoming projectiles? lol... there's some crazy stuff in BF4. And AT4-like rocket launcher seems to be back too.

Can't wait for this game, it looks so awesome.

Oh, dude, I know. I haven't been following BF4 since I want to go in blind and see the stuff and "WTF" at it in the thread but that medic change just doesn't seem the best to me. My initial reaction is "well that's good for the defense and bad for the attackers" and "but I can see where they're coming from with medic revive freight trains at the end of Rush rounds."

But then my other thought is "well, damn, that kills some 0 ticket as I'm arming and people are reviving to keep the ticket count at 1/over-times-to-push-forward-extend-rounds-morale-devastated moments."

Oh, dude, I know. I haven't been following BF4 since I want to go in blind and see the stuff and "WTF" at it in the thread but that medic change just doesn't seem the best to me. My initial reaction is "well that's good for the defense and bad for the attackers" and "but I can see where they're coming from with medic revive freight trains at the end of Rush rounds."

But then my other thought is "well, damn, that kills some 0 ticket as I'm arming and people are reviving to keep the ticket count at 1/over-times-to-push-forward-extend-rounds-morale-devastated moments."

i still remember that damavand 2nd set with the 0 tickets and 4x disarm/rearm chain.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

Stop waiting like a tier 2 country and take some tier 1 action

TheSeks

i still remember that damavand 2nd set with the 0 tickets and 4x disarm/rearm chain.

You mean the one I got against Fersis? Or another one? I remember the one against Fersis because he was put on the defending team while I think it was Evolved, You, and I on the attackers and you and I smoked A.

Top Bottom