• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Pics or it didn't happen. You know how it goes.

I approve.
I approve of your approval. Now get a PS4 and BF4 on pre-order!

if we consider current active roster only, it would be pretty even.

Doh, I think I would be considered inactive at this point seeing as how I have played like 2-3 matches in the past 5-6 months. I will certainly be active for PS4 GAF though, no doubt.

tumblr_m0ord8pnQZ1r8kz44o1_400.gif

Gyro lean (PS4) is confirmed by DICE.

edit: R1 to spot.

0_0

Yeah. I'm not all too happy about that. A click on the touch pad would have been better, but I guess they want to save that for commander mode and comma-rose.

So XB1 controller = move right/take thumb off of left analogue to hit the back button (sacrifice partial movement.)
PS4 controller = take index finger off trigger to hit r1 (sacrifice simu spot & kill/spot spam.)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
R1 apparently is also comma-rose.

I'm actually okay with spot in a more ergonomic position... given how much I use it. But I do wonder how this will impact melee. And in turn what will that impact. Etc.

Might be a pretty gross chain of events.

Wulv

Neo Member
Yeah. I'm not all too happy about that. A click on the touch pad would have been better, but I guess they want to save that for commander mode and comma-rose.

So XB1 controller = move right/take thumb off of left analogue to hit the back button (sacrifice partial movement.)
PS4 controller = take index finger off trigger to hit r1 (sacrifice simu spot & kill/spot spam.)

Easy fix...use your "bird" finger to fire.

Evolved1

Funny story: I'm approaching like 700 hours in BF3 or some insane shit like that, and I'm sitting here for like 5 mins trying to think, "What does circle do?".

I seriously cannot recall what pressing circle does on dualshock atm. I might have Alzheimer's.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Funny story: I'm approaching like 700 hours in BF3 or some insane shit like that, and I'm sitting here for like 5 mins trying to think, "What does circle do?".

I seriously cannot recall what pressing circle does on dualshock atm. I might have Alzheimer's.

Actions:

Arm M coms

Enter/Exit vehicals

Evolved1

lol... damn how does a person forget something like that? I've done it probably a million times. yikes.

Anyway... now that I think about it, spot on R1 is going to mess everything up. It annoys me that the DS4 doesn't have a damn select button.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
lol... damn how does a person forget something like that? I've done it probably a million times. yikes.

Anyway... now that I think about it, spot on R1 is going to mess everything up. It annoys me that the DS4 doesn't have a damn select button.

Maybe spot can be R3? like in LoU

If you have R1/L1 for shooting

Evolved1

No... R3 (for me) must be stance. And L3 must be sprint.

And what will be enter vehicles or arm mcom? I can actually arm and fire my weapon at the same time in BF3. How will this be possible in BF4?

Easy fix...use your "bird" finger to fire.

I'm speaking of default. DICE has said there will be a configuration allowing L1,R1 button shooting.

The issue for me is that gamescom impressions seem to state that the index naturally rests on the trigger for DS4. Will have to wait to have a controller on hand to see if those options are feasible.

R1 apparently is also comma-rose.

I'm actually okay with spot in a more ergonomic position... given how much I use it. But I do wonder how this will impact melee. And in turn what will that impact. Etc.

Might be a pretty gross chain of events.

My fear is that its positioning near the trigger will make people more inclined to shoot instead of spot

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Bumper Jumpeeeeeeer

Green Thumb 4 LYFE

Default, you hoes. The one true layout handed down from Bungle.

R1 default spot is so
FpKHGqX.gif

And I dunno why ya'll are excited for Commo-rose. It's so awkward to use that I hate when it pops up when I'm smashing Q on BF3 PC trying to get ammo.

and it takes away the "accidental" squad commands since you have to use Commo-rose to set attack/defend orders on PC.
MY FIGHT MONEY FREE POINTS!

Top Bottom