• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Nah, the problem with Q is holding it too long throws commo-rose up. BF3 is set-up to have Q/spot function work as squad commands and squad-want ("I NEED AMMO!") along with spot for consoles. It's like that on PC as well but if you hold Q for longer than like 1-3 seconds commo-rose pops up because PC players whined about having Commo-rose and so DICE threw it in, but it's really apparent the game doesn't need it.

And I think I like 1942's F1-12 spot/command function better than Commo-rose though hitting F1 to spot infantry was pretty awkward.

Sadetar

I approve of your approval. Now get a PS4 and BF4 on pre-order!
...I don't know. I haven't yet decided. So many of my friends are getting Xbone... and I know quite many from here who are getting PS4 (but mainly only from here, yet your word counts quite much, since I totally love you all). I need to think this through, since this is that kind of decision that counts in life... :p
It does. I am so lost.

Doh, I think I would be considered inactive at this point seeing as how I have played like 2-3 matches in the past 5-6 months.
Ah, I see, some of us pretend to have a real life, huh.
3kko.gif

I will certainly be active for PS4 GAF though, no doubt.
If I get it, you better. Don't make me regret to helping you enormously for getting a gf.

..Oh and no need to thank me. I am naturally awesome like that. ;)

why are so many PS3 peeps in 300%-500% CQDM games? on 360 there are usually a few peeps playing on DICE servers, but PS3 is all admin douches kicking because apparently only their team is allowed to use C4...

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
offtopic: tonight i dropped by redbox to rent SRIV (heard the PS3 version was really bad, wanted to see before buying the game) anyway... get home, some douche replaced the disc with a paper photocopy.

:/

Redbox was pretty decent on the phone, gave me some free rentals, but apparently there's not another copy of this game within 100 miles of me. Bummer man.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
offtopic: tonight i dropped by redbox to rent SRIV (heard the PS3 version was really bad, wanted to see before buying the game) anyway... get home, some douche replaced the disc with a paper photocopy.

:/

Redbox was pretty decent on the phone, gave me some free rentals, but apparently there's not another copy of this game within 100 miles of me. Bummer man.

They have to be prepared for GTA V.

No_Style

Spotting on PC is the worst.

I just played my first round of BF3 on PC and by default, I agree. It's cumbersome. I need more mouse buttons to bind stuff to if I'm going to keep playing.

I don't know how committed I will be since I have start all over with the unlocking.

Overdoziz

Banned
Also, don't be that guy who sits way in the back of the map trying to snipe people from a mile away. I'd rather you go 1-16 and contribute to defending/attacking the objective than if you 1-0 while sitting in a corner of the map doing nothing.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Also, don't be that guy who sits way in the back of the map trying to snipe people from a mile away. I'd rather you go 1-16 and contribute to defending/attacking the objective than if you 1-0 while sitting in a corner of the map doing nothing.

I'll keep that in mind. I'm terrible at attacking, since my reaction time isn't that great, which is why I usually try to hang back a bit. Plus, I haven't played in a few weeks. I should play with you guys more often.

How about using the MAV? Should I put time and effort into practising it, or just put one near where enemies will be?

TheSeks

Popping in to say: Evolved, seriously give Blacklist another chance. Put your concepts of what the series is behind you a bit because yes, there's issues with the game but it's probably one of the better releases of the series since Pandora Tomorrow Chaos Theory.

Play it on Perfectionist, once you adjust to the two-speed system you're pretty much fine and the game gets intense on going through routes without the easy-mode M&E system.

Is it disappointing that there are elements changed? Yeah. But on it's own it's wayyyyyyyyy better than Conviction on the fact you're able to stealth through areas without committing genocide alone.

Overdoziz

Banned
I'll keep that in mind. I'm terrible at attacking, since my reaction time isn't that great, which is why I usually try to hang back a bit. Plus, I haven't played in a few weeks. I should play with you guys more often.

How about using the MAV? Should I put time and effort into practising it, or just put one near where enemies will be?
Personally I'd rather have a player moving up with the rest of the players instead of hanging back while controlling the MAV. A recon who's aggressive and places spawn beacons and motion sensors near objectives is a lot more useful.

Also, reaction time isn't a big factor in Battlefield 3. It's more about being aware of your surroundings and moving around the map than anything.

Personally I'd rather have a player moving up with the rest of the players instead of hanging back while controlling the MAV. A recon who's aggressive and places spawn beacons and motion sensors near objectives is a lot more useful.

Also, reaction time isn't a big factor in Battlefield 3. It's more about being aware of your surroundings and moving around the map than anything.

To sort of build upon what Overdoziz is saying -
You'll have a better idea when to hold back/run MAVs, etc when you have a better familiarity with the maps and how your squad operate. A good MAV user can be game breaking for small but open sets (ex: dpeak defense set 1), but they can also be utterly useless in large maps or places with more covers or buildings. You also have to account for how your squad/team respond to spotting. Spotting a whole bunch of distant enemies is no good if it means distracting your team from an enemy already in base, etc.

Then there's the whole other art of keeping your MAV alive, where to position yourself in case you are needed, etc.

That being said - you'll never learn that information if you just stay in the back in the base the whole time.

...I don't know. I haven't yet decided. So many of my friends are getting Xbone... and I know quite many from here who are getting PS4 (but mainly only from here, yet your word counts quite much, since I totally love you all). I need to think this through, since this is that kind of decision that counts in life... :p
It does. I am so lost.

Ah, I see, some of us pretend to have a real life, huh.

If I get it, you better. Don't make me regret to helping you enormously for getting a gf.

..Oh and no need to thank me. I am naturally awesome like that. ;)

Well I plan on getting both consoles eventually, but will get PS4 first and that is where my BF4 time will be spent. I have a few buddies sticking with Xbox One as well, but I started playing Battlefield with GAF and will continue to do so. But since I am getting a PS4, you should too, nobody else really matters. :p I will definitely make the time to play though, you just have to match my odd schedule since I won't be able to match yours.

And yes, real life does get in the way of precious game time. I can get away with playing PC games as it uses the monitor and not the TV, but TV has been dedicated to the GF lately. And no, you shouldn't regret anything :p.

Sadetar

Oooh! Anobody gonna come and play with me? I am online atm. :D

Well I plan on getting both consoles eventually, but will get PS4 first and that is where my BF4 time will be spent. I have a few buddies sticking with Xbox One as well, but I started playing Battlefield with GAF and will continue to do so. But since I am getting a PS4, you should too, nobody else really matters. :p I will definitely make the time to play though, you just have to match my odd schedule since I won't be able to match yours.

And yes, real life does get in the way of precious game time. I can get away with playing PC games as it uses the monitor and not the TV, but TV has been dedicated to the GF lately. And no, you shouldn't regret anything :p.
I am seriously doing an excel chart about all the answers about which next gen console people are going to get. :p

Hahah, and you cocky little bastard! You should be spanked.

Also you need to be getting another TV! :D

TheSeks

God, gaming side is stupid... Why the hell would DICE spend time building a new demo build when they have a E3 demo they can use to hype people. Most people probably aren't going to care what the demo is running on, so long as they can try the game out.

God, gaming side is stupid... Why the hell would DICE spend time building a new demo build when they have a E3 demo they can use to hype people. Most people probably aren't going to care what the demo is running on, so long as they can try the game out.

Wrong thread again, bro.

Top Bottom