• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

rdrr gnr

Lol. BF3 is a joke. Good troll DICE, when is the real game coming out?

Shoutout to Mini, sorry for the language! I also apologize for leaving every time we were about to lose, I swear -- wait.

Edit: I agree JJD. I've removed my clan-tag as well. Maybe it'll help with full lobbies.

olimpia84

DarkFlow83 said:
I drove the M1 in the army, so how they make it in game is true to life. That whole back end is a jet engine.

Wow that's really cool, I didn't know it had a jet engine!

MuseManMike said:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/4807070/4/191746277/

Everyone who wasn't in my squad that game needs to be sterilized so they can't reproduce. I don't think I've ever done so well and been so angry.

Story of my life in BC2 while playing Conquest with randoms. Sometimes I literally had to do everything, from capping flags to killing people to switch kits on the fly to revive/supply ammo/throw motion sensors etc. just to lose by a few tickets in the end...made me wanted to cry at the end of the match lol (and those games that you lose by just a few tickets are the longest ones too, makes it even worse) =/

Tawpgun

Wow. If you don't get B from the Russian Side (street side) from the start of the game you are fuuuuucked.

The US side still has a few options , but as russians... nope.

olimpia84

The Faceless Master said:

I raise you :p. Spawn trapped the enemy team in Noshra Canal as the US side :D
The turning point in the game? Very early in the game I stole a T90 from the Russian side by trying to disable it with my repair tool (not enough time to reload my RPG) and the dude thought I was going to plant C4 so he bailed out and left me his precious tank. After that it was steamroll all the way!

This was a fun one too. We spawn trapped the enemy team so at one point one guy sets up a mortar in his own spawn to try and clear the way. I looked at the map and saw the location of the mortar (it was obviously in out of bounds "warning" range) but made a run for it and killed anyway. I obviously died too because the timer ran out but at least I trolled him hard. After a few minutes him and his buddy starting mortaring so I went out of bounds again, killed them both and just before the timer ran out I noticed their tank leaving the base so I shot one rocket to disable it! TROLLFACE.JPG

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Internet tomorrow..
* Crosses fingers *

Rainy Dog

Evolved1 said:
I was just thinking today how much would I pay for the superior BC1 maps...
A LOT

R.I.P. awesome maps. Better than BF2 maps. Better than BC2 maps. So much better than BFLOLZ maps.

:salutes:

You know, I didn't even play BC1 online until a few months ago. I could never connect and just gave up on it when it was released. But after stumbling over the fact that I can play on any of my other region PSN ID's (still no idea why I can't on my main one), I'd been playing it in the run up to BF3.

And honestly, I cant believe how much I prefer BC1's maps compared to the majority in BF3. They're so different from a design standpoint, too. The change in approach which started at BC2, then through BC2:V and onto BF3, is pretty drastic and I haven't even played any BF game before BC1.

What happened? Surely it has to be a completely different set of folk designing at Dice nowadays...

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Rainy Dog said:
You know, I didn't even play BC1 online until a few months ago. I could never connect and just gave up on it when it was released. But after stumbling over the fact that I can play on any of my other region PSN ID's (still no idea why I can't on my main one), I'd been playing it in the run up to BF3.

And honestly, I cant believe how much I prefer BC1's maps compared to the majority in BF3. They're so different from a design standpoint, too. The change in approach which started at BC2, then through BC2:V and onto BF3, is pretty drastic and I haven't even played any BF game before BC1.

What happened? Surely it has to be a completely different set of folk designing at Dice nowadays...

What happened is that the Bad Company spinoff was actually successful. They made some money. So then they tried to make more money. And like so many devs before them, turns out they don't actually know what is awesome about their games, because the awesome shit is what they always cut to broaden the appeal or whateverthefuck... (in this case it's destruction and map design that take the biggest hit)

CoD sells and that's been the biggest influence on the Battlefield franchise, despite what they say. They've been reining in the maps since BC2 and the ratio of huge Battlefield maps to CoD-wannabe-shit maps shifts more with each release.

"Battlefield moments" were actually most common in BC2 (there are many things BC2 does better than BC1), but only on the better maps... and imo battlefield moments are nearly gone in BF3.

You see some awesome shit in Caspian sometimes... and occasionally on Kharg and Firestorm, but otherwise this game is fucking boring as shit. Hey look guys moar FLASHLIGHTZ!

mbmonk

So how does PS3 assemble for this game? There seems to be quite a few options which method do you use?

There seem to be plenty of options available:
Mumble Server
Platoon Page
Battelog Voice Chat

JJD

Hey evolved, flashlightzzz are getting nerfed! Get back in the game! :-D

Before:
MkPxR.jpg

After:
Z3E6I.jpg

Holy shit at the difference! First pick seems like you're staring at the sun...

It also seems that destruction will play a much larger role on Karkand!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'll get back into it when they create a playlist that excludes infantry maps.

This is kind of my problem with DICE in a nutshell... a great example of why BF drives me crazy... they have a filter to remove vehicle maps.

First of all... why!? and second, ok fine whatever but you don't have a filter to remove the shit maps!?

lol... DICE trollin'.

eternaLightness said:
Thank goodness. It often feels like the light blocks bullets from hitting the other guy sometimes.

How can you have any confidence in a developer who ever lets the bat signal flashbulbs hit retail? It was so clearly retarded from the very first time I encountered them in the game... how does a dev not nerf that immediately? Just one of those SMH things you always get with DICE.

It's like circle strafing on BC2. That problem was so fixable. Just let choppers take some small arms damage. Just enough to discourage some asshole pilots from hanging around indefinitely. Problem solved.

But they don't do it. Then they come with Vietnam and do the complete opposite and let fucking pistols bring down the Huey in like 5 seconds. And never fix it.

They are retarded sometimes. Like, mentally challenged learning disability drool on themselves retarded. Or they just don't give a shit. I don't know which is worse.

tsigo

Piece of shit has hard-locked my 360 slim four times in two days. I feel like the beta was actually the alpha and what we're playing now is a beta.

rdrr gnr

Who here that plays regularly with me or others that has Skype? I'd like to be able to communicate clearly.
MiniBossBattle said:
GG Mike and crew. You really had that salty language when we didn't win that Firestorm map. I just wanna flyyyyyy.
Haha I know! It's usually not that bad, so I don't want you to think that, but goddamn that map and team. I seriously couldn't even make to A in a tank without getting absolutely demolished and I had no idea where my entire team was besides Bruiserk.

I just wanna flyyyyyy. Lol. That's gonna be our new thing now. What class you playing? "I just wanna flyyyyyy."
JJD said:
Hey evolved, flashlightzzz are getting nerfed! Get back in the game! :-D

Before:
http://i.imgur.com/MkPxR.jpg
After:
http://i.imgur.com/Z3E6I.jpg

Holy shit at the difference! First pick seems like you're staring at the sun...

It also seems that destruction will play a much larger role on Karkand![/QUOTE]
Thanks the lord. I avoided all Karkand footage for the sake of it feeling new when it comes out. If destruction plays a bigger role, that's good.
[QUOTE=olimpia84]Story of my life in BC2 while playing Conquest with randoms. Sometimes I literally had to do everything, from capping flags to killing people to switch kits on the fly to revive/supply ammo/throw motion sensors etc. just to lose by a few tickets in the end...made me wanted to cry at the end of the match lol (and those games that you lose by just a few tickets are the longest ones too, makes it even worse) =/[/QUOTE]
It's not that they weren't trying, but it felt like it was the first time they were playing conquest. I'd cap D, then leave, and someone would start taking it again. I'd see my teammates spawn and just run in another direction. Anytime I have to make up for bad teammates I'll usually lurk around a single flag as much as I can, to make sure we at least have one at all times, so it doesn't become a swan trap issue. D on Seine, B on Caspian, D on Kharg, B on Bazaar, and just hope that my teammates get another flag by eventuality. Though what usually happens is that I get overwhelmed at my flag and then we lose everything.

Ketch

So yeah, I'm probably done with this game for awhile... and no I'm not quitting for MW3. This was my one current military fps this year.

It's pretty good, despite what a lot of people are saying about design choices, I really have no problem with any of that. The thing that bothers me the most are the technical faults... shitty matchmaking/lobby/squad system, literally NO VOIP, and shitty ass lag everywhere.

Add all that people coming down on the game here, which there's nothing wrong with in and of it self, but it just really doesn't inspire me to go play a couple matches.

So I'll probably check back in with Karkland comes out, hoping they'll fix the tech issues by then.

Thanks for playing everybody, had some fun times... too bad it had to go down hill so fast.

Fake edit: Actually I do have two gripes with the game design. The leveling system is not as good. I don't know what's wrong or how to describe it, but this is the first BF game where I wasn't happy just switching classes whenever the situation called for it... a huge factor in not wanting to play more. And the jets, which I was really excited for, are totally useless in the larger tide of the battle.

MuseManMike said:
I just wanna flyyyyyy. Lol. That's gonna be our new thing now. What class you playing? "I just wanna flyyyyyy."

Lol, I am currently facing class crisis. I really use engineer when I am in a heli and support in non-flying maps but feel like medic/assault is really good to help my squadmates.

My favorite moment was waiting for the helicopter to land only to get blown up.

all PS3 players that are quitting now or putting the game on hold should leave the PS3 platoon and just Fan it. We would need the player slots available and you can apply again if you start playing again. Thanks!

Bruiserk

MiniBossBattle said:
Lol, I am currently facing class crisis. I really use engineer when I am in a heli and support in non-flying maps but feel like medic/assault is really good to help my squadmates.

My favorite moment was waiting for the helicopter to land only to get blown up.

I actually have no idea what happened. I guess it was on a small hill so the tail hit the ground and somehow that was enough to destroy it.

Marvie_3

Banned
Finally got my air warfare ribbon. I had to be an asshole and camp for the little bird on Canals but my team was winning by a ton as it was. :D

I finally got my 360 back from Microsoft and applied for the 360 platoon! Feel free to send me an invite if you see me on. My gamertag is Ironcladbread. I'm new to Battlefield, but I think I was pretty decent when I played on my brother's Xbox during the wait.

MrBig

MuseManMike said:
That's true of every map.
Not really. I can pull through and at least go positive on just about any other match. On canals if the Russian side gets an upper hand at some point before you join you might as well just quit right back out.

Evolved1 said:
I'll get back into it when they create a playlist that excludes infantry maps.

This is kind of my problem with DICE in a nutshell... a great example of why BF drives me crazy... they have a filter to remove vehicle maps.

First of all... why!? and second, ok fine whatever but you don't have a filter to remove the shit maps!?

lol... DICE trollin'.
the infantry only setting doesn't remove vehicle maps! it just removes vehicles!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Fersis, now that you're back: Twitter strangle Demize and everyone at DICE for me until they say they're going to patch Drop 'Em Like Liquid and Exfiltrate Easy to where cripples can complete the no alert challenges of both on Easy. PLEASE.

So the enemy carrier has an air defence weapon. Either team can use it. You are invulnerable once you are in it. Does anyone else see a problem here?

EDIT: Doesn't just apply to the carrier maps either, applies to any with a Centurion or PANTSIR

endlessflood said:
So the enemy carrier has an air defence weapon (KI Rush). Either team can use it. You are invulnerable once you are in it. Does anyone else see a problem here?
where we in the same game or something? My team got trolled so hard by the other team doing it. Furthermore, why is the damn thing indestructable?

Dr Prob

Banned
computers putin' said:
I'm constantly doing both, especially with c4.

Thank you. Feel much better now. We'll just have to unlearn what we have learned, like Luke Skywalker. It's actually EXACTLY like that.

Yoda had the life, man. Chilling out in his hut, no R3 to worry about. Just flying ships around the swamp with his mind.

Nowadays, everything is not like that at all.

computers putin' said:
where we in the same game or something? My team got trolled so hard by the other team doing it. Furthermore, why is the damn thing indestructable?
I haven't seen it myself yet, but a few of my clanmates have said it is becoming more and more common as word spreads :(

The simple solution is have it so only the 'home' team can use it.

TheSeks

computers putin' said:
tanks need a good nerfing. too durable. Engineers too, too versatile and repairing is too effective.

You're kidding right? 4 RPG's disabled. Two more dead. If anything bailing out after a disable that isn't an air vehicle needs to be taken out.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Hello again, everyone. Now that I've done a few playthroughs of Uncharted I hope to play some more BF3 with the PS3 crew. If anyone is up for some co-op at some point let me know, I've only done the first two missions and would like to play all of them.

RoboPlato said:
Hello again, everyone. Now that I've done a few playthroughs of Uncharted I hope to play some more BF3 with the PS3 crew. If anyone is up for some co-op at some point let me know, I've only done the first two missions and would like to play all of them.

I haven't played co-op yet and can use a buddy. I'll be back on either later tonight or tomorrow.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
eternaLightness said:
I haven't played co-op yet and can use a buddy. I'll be back on either later tonight or tomorrow.
Cool. I'll keep an eye on this thread then. Just post in here when you're ready to go. Just be forewarned, I can't fly helicopters for shit so unless you can you're going to need to find someone else for the second mission since I can't be of help on that one unless I'm gunner.

endlessflood said:
So the enemy carrier has an air defence weapon. Either team can use it. You are invulnerable once you are in it. Does anyone else see a problem here?

EDIT: Doesn't just apply to the carrier maps either, applies to any with a Centurion or PANTSIR
what's the problem?

TheSeks

what's the problem?

You can't destroy it if the enemy steals/gets in it, is what I'm wagering he's saying.

what's the problem?
All of your team's aerial vehicles spawn on the flight deck, and take off from there.
There is an incredibly powerful AA system at the end of your flight deck.
It is currently manned by an enemy.
They are invulnerable.

eek5

TheSeks said:
Fersis, now that you're back: Twitter strangle Demize and everyone at DICE for me until they say they're going to patch Drop 'Em Like Liquid and Exfiltrate Easy to where cripples can complete the no alert challenges of both on Easy. PLEASE.
LMAO those challenges are so dumb. Two headshots.. WE'VE BEEN COMPROMISED!!

WUT

olimpia84

endlessflood said:
All of your team's aerial vehicles spawn on the flight deck, and take off from there.
There is an incredibly powerful AA system at the end of your flight deck.
It is currently manned by an enemy.
They are invulnerable.

Wait, if that means it will keep my team from flying jets when we are down on tickets then the enemy is more than welcome to use it!

Bruiserk said:
GG tonight Dream, rush was pretty fun. Sucks that we got kicked last round though.

Yeah I enjoyed the 12/0 game lol, dropping people like I was playing CoD.

I REALLY wish there was some awesome assault recon weapon out there. The ump is nice and all, but I know I'm missing out not using the other class' guns.

Olimpia: any comments on the AS VAL?
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/olimpia84/iteminfo/smVAL/199948029/ps3/

It seems to be the bf3 version of vss?

No_Style

So is it fun times when playing with full GAF crew? I've played with only a handful regularly. Still lots of steam rolling?

I either miss the boat or join a lopsided team.

Tawpgun

Still grinding jets to try and get guided missles so they become at least SOMEWHAT useful...

Only to realize it takes 24,000 jet points to unlock them and I only have 10,000...

Buff the goddamn jets already.

Top Bottom