• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

ShaneB

Just got randomly disconnected from a game and said I lost connection to EA Online. :( Now I can't get back in with friends. Fun times.

rdrr gnr

Dreamgazer said:
Conquest game versus catpee and olimpia.
"whoo balanced game"

end of round - olimpia and mintfresh gone. * bitter*
You mean HE LEFT?! THE AUDACITY.

I'm going to attempt to join you guys. I should be working on a paper, but fuck it.

Edit: WHA?!! I just joined on Caspian and I can't figure out why we didn't win that round. GAF vs less than a full team and we lost? Did I miss something?

Ya know, for all of Olimpia's bitching, you'd think some GAFfers would volunteer to switch over to even out the teams when there are so many of us in a single game. But that's cool though. I'll keep eating SMAWs in spawn.

MuseManMike said:
You mean HE LEFT?! THE AUDACITY.

I'm going to attempt to join you guys. I should be working on a paper, but fuck it.

Edit: WHA?!! I just joined on Caspian and I can't figure out why we didn't win that round. GAF vs less than a full team and we lost? Did I miss something?

A series of unfortunate event.
That plus every time I spawn on renderman in that game it equals instant death. *sigh*

(pay attention to your mini map man)

olimpia84

Dreamgazer said:
Conquest game versus catpee and olimpia.
"whoo balanced game"

end of round - olimpia and mintfresh gone. * bitter*

Balanced? You're joking right? It was Catpee, his friends and I on our team. We were going to absolutely destroy your team full of useless randoms (which we had been playing against and they sucked ass, see my battle log). Plus, it was Damavand Peak, a poor team doesn't have a chance against a good one. It would have been over in 5 minutes but next time I'll stick around if you guys really want! Instead I left and joined NoStyle for this awesome challenge. For most of the time we had less players, it was 6 vs 10 mostly, and yet we still managed to win by 179 tickets!

olimpia84

MuseManMike said:

It was pretty much GAF vs SOD (South American clan, most of them are my friends). Well actually it was SOD + NoStyle (one of the best Conquest players we have) and his friends so even with the 2 or 3 man advantage they had a great team. That and the stupid random in our squad decides to take the chopper for a ride when instead we needed to cap flags...SMH at the stupid randoms.

Ya know, for all of Olimpia's bitching, you'd think some GAFfers would volunteer to switch over to even out the teams when there are so many of us in a single game. But that's cool though. I'll keep eating SMAWs in spawn.

You mean like I did today in this round to help Catpee out? Five gaffers on the other team and Catpee was by himself...I decided to give him a hand to see if we had a chance. Unfortunately the excellent matchmaking in this game left us with less players throughout the whole match (it was mostly 9 vs. 5 the whole match...with 5 gaffers in the other team) =/
And there is no way in hell I was going to switch sides for that Op Metro game. It started even and balanced with them full of those SOD clan people. They got us by surprise and got B in a blink of an eye so I had to bust my ass to sneak by and get to A. Thank God dream spawned on me and helped me cap the flag...after that they got confused and went for A and we took B. Then we pushed them and took A and they ragequit. So yeah, after all my effort to win that game there was no way in hell I was going to switch sides (plus it was payback for that Caspian game we lost).

Overall fun games tonight. I think I'm going to give Coop a try soon since I haven't even touched it!

Ferga

eek5 said:
I've had 100% success rate with getting ammo from smurf support by flashing them with a flashlight and then shooting at them until they retaliate and shoot me back. Eventually they realize that they need ammo for themselves so they throw down a box and I grab all the ammo from it. What a pain in the ass.

ahhahahahha

Whenever i play support my box is always out since i like getting resupply points. Once i was reloading my smg and this guy just waited for the ammo. Just a big and awkward wait.

MuseManMike said:
Damn Dream/Renderman. That was a pretty good showing for being outbalanced. Why didn't todahawk and other GAFfers switch? I don't understand. I must have taken back A like three times because of Dream's great spawnpoint. I love A on that map.

That was not, we were winning by the ticket load at the very beginning.
You heard me crying the good portion of the game that I need a fucking gunner at A.

I was taking out 6-8 engineers at the freaking flag and no one was there to help me cap.
The heck. Do people hate me and not want to spawn on me or something?

Like I know you particularly like to "stay in the action" and not move around (and hey you're good at kills so I don't care) but honestly.

Then there was that portion where you and render were sitting between b and c picking off people at A. It took you guys like a good 10 minutes to move on to C while I went and cap B all by myself. Again, after you guys cap C, I ran to A. You guys still stayed at C for god knows why. Then number 2 was driving the turtle lav from the base, only to get killed by tank mines.

And I swear every time I spawn on render I'm just asking to be killed.

-----------
I mean just look at the k/d of their team - they were getting killed left and right, our team got a bunch of people with high k/d

Except no one was caping flags.

I freaking need to play in a round where someone else on the team is piloting a mav. Just so I can tell if everyone is blind or just stupid.

Good games tonite.

Dream: Sorry. I was trying to spawn on you guys and somehow ended up spawning on a far point. =( Some reason when I select anyone in the squad, the circle isnt blinking. Is this a bug?

I am working on paying attention on the minimap . Still learning the maps as I go.

rdrr gnr

Dreamgazer said:
That was not, we were winning by the ticket load at the very beginning.
You heard me crying the good portion of the game that I need a fucking gunner at A.

I was taking out 6-8 engineers at the freaking flag and no one was there to help me cap.
The heck. Do people hate me and not want to spawn on me or something?

Like I know you particularly like to "stay in the action" but honestly.

Then there was that portion where you and render were sitting between b and c picking off people at A. It took you guys like a good 10 minutes to move on to C while I went and cap B all by myself. Again, after you guys cap C, I ran to A. You guys still stayed at C for god knows why.

And I swear every time I spawn on render I'm just asking to be killed.
No, I don't hear anyone. I barely have game sound on.

Well, for one, I need to be alive to cap flags. That's a start. Also, ten minutes my ass. I was all over A every time they took it, it was my engineer mines that disabled the tanks, and I defended C for a good while after we took it, because they were going to come back for it. Defending a flag is as legitimate a strategy as taking one. I was also right behind you when you flanked to B, when I saw you die, I waited for you to respawn before I started capping myself. I had more vehicles destroyed than you, more objective score than you, and more kills than you. I played my fucking part.

We were outnumbered and we had a weak team aside from the two of us. We weren't going to win. And losing by 6 tickets in that scenario is just fine.

And one can have a high k/d and play objectively. These things aren't mutually exclusive. Try it.

Tawpgun

Does anyone else feel the super flanker is inferior to the FA18 Super Hornet?

I feel like I always suck with the super flanker and wape with the Hornet. Even my stats say so.

MuseManMike said:
No, I don't hear anyone. I barely have game sound on.

Well, for one, I need to be alive to cap flags. That's a start. Also, ten minutes my ass. I was all over A every time they took it, it was my engineer mines that disabled the tanks, and I defended C for a good while after we took it, because they were going to come back for it. Defending a flag is as legitimate a strategy as taking one. I was also right behind you when you flanked to B, when I saw you die, I waited for you to respawn before I started capping myself. I had more vehicles destroyed than you, more objective score than you, and more kills than you. I played my fucking part.

We were outnumbered and we had a weak team aside from the two of us. We weren't going to win. And losing by 6 tickets in that scenario is just fine.

And one can have a high k/d and play objectively. These things aren't mutually exclusive. Try it.

My LAV was parked at A, taking out 8 engineers (see my battlog stats) who were trying to kill me while capping A. Fine, if you didn't hear me then I can only say fuck my mic. Not a single person was there. Maybe someone tried to flanked, but I would never know.

Also I have no idea what "objective" score is based on (squad leader objective?). Except that for the entire game render and I are the only ones with flag capture ribbons. And like I said, I don't care sometimes that you prefer to go for kills. You got the flag defender ribbon. However, no flags > flags getting capped. I prefer to take another flag and then come back and get rid of the enemy before they finish capping if necessary.

As for why I mention k/d - the other team was obviously getting killed. It wasn't as if they were out numbering us in firepower. The team simply wasn't capping. The other team even got spawn camped at one point - even though our team still didn't capture B yet...

I honestly need to stop playing recon. So not worth it half the time. Then Dice is going to give it more points and better weapons after I quit

CatPee

Haven't posted in here in a while.

Gotta say though, I get the feeling the M249 is slightly overpowered. That gun is DAMN good regardless of what scope you use.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dream-y, why are you playing Conquest? Real men play Rush where they *gasp* have to change classes and attack points. You should play Rush with me someday instead of boring base trapping Conquest. >:|

rdrr gnr

Dreamgazer said:
My LAV was parked at A, taking out 8 engineers (see my battlog stats) who were trying to kill me while capping A. Fine, if you didn't hear me then I can only say fuck my mic. Not a single person was there. Maybe someone tried to flanked, but I would never know.
Yes. I did see your LAV there. And I probably wasn't there on every occasion. But believe me when I say I was all over those containers killing enemies as they spawned and as we were trying to cap A.

Also I have no idea what "objective" score is based on (squad leader objective). Except that for the entire game render and I are the only ones with flag capture ribbons. And like I said, I don't care sometimes that you prefer to go for kills. You got the flag defender ribbon. However, no flags > flags getting capped. I prefer to take another flag and then come back and get rid of the enemy before they finish capping if necessary.
Yes, I did get a flag defender ribbon. In fact, I got my flag defender medal that round. I sure you had more flags capped than me, I am just trying to be an asshole with that stat. I don't prefer to go for kills, I prefer to make sure my spawn is going to count. This notion of spawning and dieing three or four times consecutively simply to initiate a flag neutralization is absolute nonsense. I'll run in when it's clear, I'll run in when the opportunity to cap presents itself. The only reason we ever got B from our A flank, is because every single person at A was trying to find me and kill me.

rdrr gnr

I am currently joining and leaving games so I can get that emplaced weapon ribbon. Going to try Grand Bazaar conquest (AT mines) and then just sit on our base's AT gun. Should work, right?

CatPee said:
Haven't posted in here in a while.

Gotta say though, I get the feeling the M249 is slightly overpowered. That gun is DAMN good regardless of what scope you use.
That's what I heard. Well, it was suggested that either the M240B or the M249 were worth leveling. I chose the M240B and it's pretty damn good as well. I'm assuming you use a sight, foregrip, and extended mags?

Also: Sorry for DP.

Yes, I did get a flag defender ribbon. In fact, I got my flag defender medal that round. I sure you had more flags capped than me, I am just trying to be an asshole with that stat. I don't prefer to go for kills, I prefer to make sure my spawn is going to count. This notion of spawning and dieing three or four times consecutively simply to initiate a flag neutralization is absolute nonsense. I'll run in when it's clear, I'll run in when the opportunity to cap presents itself. The only reason we ever got B from our A flank, is because every single person at A was trying to find me and kill me.[/QUOTE]

Fine, part of me is exceptionally mad at render (and really I'm not that mad render, don't mind me - just regular work stress) - since he sticked with you so much even though he plays more on the defensive side. In other words I think he was wasting time playing as an offensive type like you are >.>

(I'm cool)

rdrr gnr

Fine, part of me is exceptionally mad at render (and really I'm not that mad render, don't mind me - just regular work stress) - since he sticked with you so much even though he plays more on the defensive side. In other words I think he was wasting time playing as an offensive type like you are >.>

(I'm cool)
No, I get it. It's just getting a little annoying that I keep getting put on blast. I couldn't give two shits if all I did was sit in my base and never cap a flag, but I wouldn't deny it if that was the case. It's human nature to blame others, but I think everyone on PS3 GAF needs to calm the fuck down.

JJD

Man PS3 Gaf sometimes seems like a dysfunctional family...we love to play together and steamroll, but lose a game or two and everyone start pointing fingers...c'mon dudes, enjoy the game...no PS3 gaffer can win alone no matter how awesome you are, and we won't lose a game because of 1 or 2 players, if we lose it's the whole team fault... :-(

On a side note I finally have all the ribbons and the gold trophy. Mcom defender is so stupid! The enemy indeed has to be arming the mcom for the kill to count as a lot of people said. If the guy is standing next to the mcom but not arming you won't get the bonus. I really don't understand that logic...you should get that bonus for killing anyone in a certain perimeter around the crate, period.

rdrr gnr

BOOM! Emplaced ribbon! I got it legit. Defended A on Caspian, would get into a tank fight, wait for the other tank to be near death, jump out onto the TOW -- boom!

Dream: I usually run with the squad as assault and revive and/or heal and go cap the flags. That's how I usually play with Im in Olimpia's squad in BC2. Can you elaborate on my being a defensive player? I try to always buddy up and keep up the pace that the other person is going at. I find myself to last longer than alone.

duracell017 said:
Dream: I usually run with the squad as assault and revive and/or heal and go cap the flags. That's how I usually play with Im in Olimpia's squad in BC2. Can you elaborate on my being a defensive player? I try to always buddy up and keep up the pace that the other person is going at. I find myself to last longer than alone.

I usually categorize players into 3 types.
Well-rounded
Offensive
Defensive.

Well-rounded player are generally good players who plays all positions well. They'll push the front line but never be too far away from the objective/whatever they have to defend. That or they'll be the ones coming up with game changing strategies/tactics for the team (ex: olimpa capping an enemy's home flag while middle flags are still being contested) They'll flow with whatever the team needs and can excel in all classes.

Offensive types are people who prefer to be on the front lines and holding down entering choke points. They're usually more confrontational and direct and really good at clearing the lines of enemy. However, they tend to stick to the high power classes, and often times can't be relied on to get back to the m-com/home flag in time in case of an enemy flank (as that is the defensive type player's job.)

Defensive types are people who prefer to hold back. They'll try to play supporting classes and hold down the objective or try to keep their presence low to support/flank when needs to. However, they tend to stick to more support based classes and usually have limited/no power when vehicle/high powered enemies break into the base (that’s expected to be the offensive type’s job. In addition, defensive types can sometimes see little to no action during a round.

So for example (assuming balanced game),
1) An offensive type player would not care if his miles away home flag (ex: C) is being captured, as long as he can prevent the enemies getting out of their spawn and hold down A. The defensive types would freak out and run back to C immediately (possibly wasting precious manpower/allowing enemies to get to A/B just because of one flanker).

2) An offensive type is one who would drive the tank out on a defense round of rush to mow down enemies flying in. A defensive type will sit in the base and watch the m-com for any potential leaks from the front line. Reversely, on attack – an offensive type may usually take a vehicle and go the main route, a defensive type will run on foot and flank the base.

So when I say you're more of a defensive type, I recognize that you prefer to play supporting roles, not heavily emphasizing on power. However, in those cases it's not always best to hang around someone like mike - since he's really drawing fire to himself/is better at doing those sort of things. IMO, you're the type of player who would do better to just throw down a med kit, flank or create a distraction from the side, watch the maps to alert of anyone flanking and run back if he needs you (assuming you have confidence in Mike's ability to survive/hold down)

CatPee said:
Oooh! I wanna play! What kinda player type am I?
You're offensive but closer to well rounded depending on who is in the squad. When more people in your squad is closer to well rounded then you go for the "how should I troll people today" style of play (similar to faceless).

Farlanghn is well rounded , possibly because he loves flanking people for knife kills.
Mike is offensive.
Meppi is obviously offensive
evolved is defensive
ejas is well rounded but goes offensive when game is favoring gaf (often times).
I'm a defensive asshole.
JJSD is more offensive
Seks goes with the mood of the team.
Olimpia is well rounded on conquest, a bit more defensive on rush.

Dreamgazer said:
I usually categorize players into 3 types.
Well-rounded
Offensive
Defensive.

Well-rounded player are generally good players who plays all positions well. They'll push the front line but never be too far away from the objective/whatever they have to defend. That or they'll be the ones coming up with game changing strategies/tactics for the team (ex: olimpa capping an enemy's home flag while middle flags are still being contested) They'll flow with whatever the team needs and can excel in all classes.

Offensive types are people who prefer to be on the front lines and holding down entering choke points. They're usually more confrontational and direct and really good at clearing the lines of enemy. However, they tend to stick to the high power classes, and often times can't be relied on to get back to the m-com/home flag in time in case of an enemy flank (as that is the defensive type player's job.)

Defensive types are people who prefer to hold back. They'll try to play supporting classes and hold down the objective or try to keep their presence low to support/flank when needs to. However, they tend to stick to more support based classes and usually have limited/no power when vehicle/high powered enemies break into the base (that’s expected to be the offensive type’s job. In addition, defensive types can sometimes see little to no action during a round.

So for example (assuming balanced game),
1) An offensive type player would not care if his miles away home flag (ex: C) is being captured, as long as he can prevent the enemies getting out of their spawn and hold down A. The defensive types would freak out and run back to C immediately (possibly wasting precious manpower/allowing enemies to get to A/B just because of one flanker).

2) An offensive type is one who would drive the tank out on a defense round of rush to mow down enemies flying in. A defensive type will sit in the base and watch the m-com for any potential leaks from the front line. Reversely, on attack – an offensive type may usually take a vehicle and go the main route, a defensive type will run on foot and flank the base.

So when I say you're more of a defensive type, I recognize that you prefer to play supporting roles, not heavily emphasizing on power. However, in those cases it's not always best to hang around someone like mike - since he's really drawing fire to himself/is better at doing those sort of things. IMO, you're the type of player who would do better to just throw down a med kit, flank or create a distraction from the side, watch the maps to alert of anyone flanking and run back if he needs you (assuming you have confidence in Mike's ability to survive/hold down)

Thank you for the reply Dream. I'm saving this post. I understand now.

Daigoro

anyone got any shotgun tips, preferred unlocks, etc?

ive only got the first 2 shotty's, the default and the m4101. ive unlocked a sight, extended mags, and flechette for the m4. not sure if i should be using the buckshot or flechette though. cant teal the difference quite yet.

looking forward to unlocking the DOW and the USAS.

rdrr gnr

Daigoro said:

ive only got the first 2 shotty's, the default and the m4101. ive unlocked a sight, extended mags, and flechette for the m4. not sure if i should be using the buckshot or flechette though. cant teal the difference quite yet.

IMHO they are all garbage. Rate of fire is too slow. So far I've had the most success with the DAO-12 on infantry maps like OM and Bazaar, so I'd recommend that. I don't know exactly what unlocks you can get but a sight is unneeded, use extended mag, the regular rounds, and foregrip if you can.

MuseManMike said:
BOOM! Emplaced ribbon! I got it legit. Defended A on Caspian, would get into a tank fight, wait for the other tank to be near death, jump out onto the TOW -- boom!

i was suprised that i got the Anti Explosives ribbon flying a helo yesterday :D

as a player i'm totally wreckless and just run headfirst into enemy fire with no instincts of self preservation :D

Daigoro

i got my emplacement ribbon yesterday too, on attacking infantry on a Rush map (Kharg maybe?), i was on Defense.

i used someones tip that they posted here to place a med pack at my feet to heal while i was in the thing. great tip. im sure the snipers shooting at me were getting pissed.

MuseManMike said:
IMHO they are all garbage. Rate of fire is too slow. So far I've had the most success with the DAO-12 on infantry maps like OM and Bazaar, so I'd recommend that. I don't know exactly what unlocks you can get but a sight is unneeded, use extended mag, the regular rounds, and foregrip if you can.

yeah sights seem pointless. not even sure if a foregrip would be of much use because of how close you have to be to really be effective, but ill throw one on if its not taking the place of something more useful.

hopefully i can find a gun with some unlocks that make one worth using.

rdrr gnr

I'm trying to level Recon. LOL. Recon. Another good joke by DICE.
Daigoro said:
yeah sights seem pointless. not even sure if a foregrip would be of much use because of how close you have to be to really be effective, but ill throw one on if its not taking the place of something more useful.

hopefully i can find a gun with some unlocks that make one worth using.
Yeah, you can't even get foregrip. Laser sight & extended mags are good. Use squad sprint to make up ground. It's actually sorta fun sometimes. And remember you can cancel a reload quickly by double tapping triangle. Good tip for shotgunners.

MuseManMike said:
I'm trying to level Recon. LOL. Recon. Another good joke by DICE.

I found Recon leveling to be pretty painless actually. Setup a motion sensor/spawn beacon at the ticket hall in Metro and see the points coming in.
As soon as you get the MAV, run in on any map, set radio beacon, then fall back and use the MAV to spot enemies while your team is advancing.

The secret here is to get as many Surveillance Ribbons and Medals as possible for a ton of points.

It depends a lot on the proficiency of your team as your score is tied to their kills, but it worked out pretty well for me.
Also try to run over enemy snipers with the MAV for a roadkill bonus.
For some reason, that doesn't seem to work for mortars though (sadly)

kingschiebi said:
I found Recon leveling to be pretty painless actually.

As soon as you get the MAV

Im trying to level up just to get the MAV and that one missing surveillance ribbon... like i've said earlier, i think its broken that the Recon needs to level up so much compared to other classes and their respective support ribbons.

Hate sniping so i just rambo it out with the SV98 without a scope!

Daigoro

MuseManMike said:
Yeah, you can't even get foregrip. Laser sight & extended mags are good. Use squad sprint to make up ground. It's actually sorta fun sometimes. And remember you can cancel a reload quickly by double tapping triangle. Good tip for shotgunners.

ah, good to know. thanks.

Noisepurge said:
Im trying to level up just to get the MAV and that one missing surveillance ribbon... like i've said earlier, i think its broken that the Recon needs to level up so much compared to other classes and their respective support ribbons.

Hate sniping so i just rambo it out with the SV98 without a scope!

interesting. so i assume the SV98 is classified as a sniper rifle, so you should be able to get the sniper ribbon with that then?

i hate sniping too, so i need to figure out the gun that would be best for me to get this ribbon with.

Daigoro said:
interesting. so i assume the SV98 is classified as a sniper rifle, so you should be able to get the sniper ribbon with that then?

i hate sniping too, so i need to figure out the gun that would be best for me to get this ribbon with.

wat? the surveillance ribbon can only be gotten using the MAV. the 7 kill ribbons can be gotten easy with any and all weapons in a single match of Team Deathmatch.

No_Style

olimpia84 said:
It was pretty much GAF vs SOD (South American clan, most of them are my friends). Well actually it was SOD + NoStyle (one of the best Conquest players we have) and his friends so even with the 2 or 3 man advantage they had a great team. That and the stupid random in our squad decides to take the chopper for a ride when instead we needed to cap flags...SMH at the stupid randoms.

The outcome to that match was a genuine surprise to me. I didn't think we'd win. It started out 4 vs 5 which was incredibly lame on a map that big. We tried to stick together in pairs, but then we broke off individually and then things started to come together with the flag situation.

My friends Robo_Crotch & Dafreaka have come a long way in the first 15 hours or so of playing

Edit:

As for player type, I consider myself balanced based on the description. Although I have yet to hit anyone with a sniper rifle -- so I'm not proficient on all classes.

Also be careful about going prone near walls. I've seen legs pop out the other side and was able to shoot them. I did that on Operation Metro A point with the wall between the actual capture point and the locker room.

TheSeks said:
What are some ideal locations? Like I said: I can stay near the crate and be in the same room and they'll generally notice me being prone or crouched. So annoying.
on Metro, 2nd base, corner by the white sandbags. just prone right there and wait.
3QSxi.png

on Metro, 3rd base, shoot out the display glass, prone and wait.
ElhdF.png

olimpia84

JJD said:
Man PS3 Gaf sometimes seems like a dysfunctional family...we love to play together and steamroll, but lose a game or two and everyone start pointing fingers...c'mon dudes, enjoy the game...no PS3 gaffer can win alone no matter how awesome you are, and we won't lose a game because of 1 or 2 players, if we lose it's the whole team fault... :-(

But that's how we've been dealing with one another since BC2. We don't come here with the intention to insult or blame people but rather to point our flaws and how can we improve as a team and have fun while playing the game; discuss strategies, be more efficient, etc. Some people might get offended but there is no bad intention involved in any of the criticism posted here.

olimpia84

Daigoro said:

Get to rank 43 and unlock the USAS-12. It's the best shotgun in the game, imo (but then again I could be biased since I was a big fan since the BC2 days...12,000+ kills with it!). It has the best rate of fire and once you unlock some of the sights and extended mag it becomes a beast. It's not very good in medium range situations like it used to in BC2, but still gets the job done nicely. I roll using the regular buckshot and didn't really bothered with the other types of ammo.

Noisepurge said:
wat? the surveillance ribbon can only be gotten using the MAV. the 7 kill ribbons can be gotten easy with any and all weapons in a single match of Team Deathmatch.

You really want to use the motion sensor until you get the MAV.
It takes a while to rack up points, but if you stick to close-quarters maps, you'll get there eventually.

I might also note that I never play with sniper rifles (I simply suck at aiming)

The surveillance ribbons and medals are gotten very easily afterwards.
I usually end up with 8 ribbons per match at worst - going up to 20 at best, depending on the team strength.

I've got 421 ribbons by now and consequently 8 medals while playing as a spotter almost exclusively (some Engineering action in between).

I have the GAF BF3 account my friend list, and whilst there are many who are online there, hardly any join my game invites or respond to messages. What I'm looking for is at least two other people who use mics and want to work as a real squad. I'm on Xbox Live.

Marvie_3

Banned
Jason Raize '75 - '04 said:
I have the GAF BF3 account my friend list, and whilst there are many who are online there, hardly any join my game invites or respond to messages. What I'm looking for is at least two other people who use mics and want to work as a real squad. I'm on Xbox Live.
I'm in for that. Send me a message if you see me playing.

"USAS = U Suck @ Shooting"

Jason Raize '75 - '04 said:

do you ever join their games or just send them invites to yours?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Just got the confirmation by the ISP: Tomorrow they will install my beloved internet.
6mb of pure BF3 (I used to have 1Mb)

iDAY -1

rdrr gnr

I think the most efficient way to get that M-COM defender ribbon is use C4 while having a dedicated MAV pilot helping you. Just throw C4 onto both of the objectives on defense (better in an outside map) and have a MAV pilot hover around until he sees an enemy planting and then indicate the C4 to detonate.

That ideally should work, right?

MuseManMike said:
Damn Dream/Renderman. That was a pretty good showing for being outbalanced. Why didn't todahawk and other GAFfers switch? I don't understand. I must have taken back A like three times because of Dream's great spawnpoint. I love A on that map.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/5320458/4/191746277/

Heartbreaking loss. I joined in halfway and thought we could turn it around and got more than a dozen kills in my heli. Also, I need to focus on the soldiers and less on the tanks/vans. But once I get my guided missles.....

Dreamgazer said:
You're offensive but closer to well rounded depending on who is in the squad. When more people in your squad is closer to well rounded then you go for the "how should I troll people today" style of play (similar to faceless).

Farlanghn is well rounded , possibly because he loves flanking people for knife kills.
Mike is offensive.
Meppi is obviously offensive
evolved is defensive
ejas is well rounded but goes offensive when game is favoring gaf (often times).
I'm a defensive asshole.
JJSD is more offensive
Seks goes with the mood of the team.
Olimpia is well rounded on conquest, a bit more defensive on rush.

And my favorite class is the helicopter

Rawker

can some ps3 users add me (RawkerOne), i play rush and need to find some people to roll with cause randoms are getting annoying.

Top Bottom