• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

olimpia84 said:
Wait, if that means it will keep my team from flying jets when we are down on tickets then the enemy is more than welcome to use it!
Sadly the number of attempted flights doesn't decrease among randoms, they just become of much shorter duration…

so yeah, to get that M-COM DEFENDER ribbon, you have to kill 4 people in a game WHILE THEY ARE ARMING THE M-COM

not before.

not after.

DURING THE BRIEF ARMING PERIOD

but hey, 1 ribbon down, 49 to go for DAT MEDAL.

TheSeks said:
You can't destroy it if the enemy steals/gets in it, is what I'm wagering he's saying.
bahahahahhaah i dunno why that completely slipped past me!

trying to take off on your carrier?

no DICE

eek5

olimpia84 said:
Wait, if that means it will keep my team from flying jets when we are down on tickets then the enemy is more than welcome to use it!
you'll just bleed tickets out faster lol

it's not like smurfs will stop trying to take off

Daigoro

The Faceless Master said:
so yeah, to get that M-COM DEFENDER ribbon, you have to kill 4 people in a game WHILE THEY ARE ARMING THE M-COM

not before.

not after.

DURING THE BRIEF ARMING PERIOD

but hey, 1 ribbon down, 49 to go for DAT MEDAL.

damn, thats a tight window of opportunity.

JJD

Guys, I heard that there might be a little bug that makes getting the emplaced ribbon easier.

Supposedly if you drop mines around, and get in an emplaced weapon, if a vehicle gets destroyed by your mine it counts as an emplaced weapon kill.

The guy claiming this works did it on Caspian Conquest, at the C flag, the one on top of a hill, dropped mines all around then hopped on the rocket launcher and just waited.

I'll try it later, if it works I'll report back.

Noisepurge said:
and sounds like it makes for some stupid moments when people will hesitate to fire until they are sure you have started the arming period :/
that's actually what i did to get the ribbon!

camped M-COM stations with the M320 GL... waited until they started to arm, them *BLAM*

JJD said:
Guys, I heard that there might be a little bug that makes getting the emplaced ribbon easier.

Supposedly if you drop mines around, and get in an emplaced weapon, if a vehicle gets destroyed by your mine it counts as an emplaced weapon kill.

The guy claiming this works did it on Caspian Conquest, at the C flag, the one on top of a hill, dropped mines all around then hopped on the rocket launcher and just waited.

yeah, that should work. BF3 does the same thing BC2 did where if you get a kill while in a vehicle, it counts as a vehicle kill. could be a grenade you threw then hopped into a vehicle, or C4 you detonated while in one, an RPG from the passenger seat, someone drives over your mines, or just some random gunfire. i guess claymores could work too...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheSeks said:
Fersis, now that you're back: Twitter strangle Demize and everyone at DICE for me until they say they're going to patch Drop 'Em Like Liquid and Exfiltrate Easy to where cripples can complete the no alert challenges of both on Easy. PLEASE.
Not back yet.. hopefully ill get internet today!

Those are CoOp missions right? (Havent played yet)

BoatAck

JJD said:

I'm pretty sure that's how I got my one emplacement ribbon. I was sitting in the AA at the Caspian RU base when my mines placed in an earlier life killed some people.

I wish you got more points for spotting. I feel I'm the only person doing it.

Maybe it'll get better when all the CoD fans fuck off.

On the 360 btw.

jorma said:
btw, if i place claymores all over, do they disappear when i die?
you can only place 2 claymores. when you place a 3rd, the 1st disappears. also, technically, they disappear when you can respawn again, not when you die.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
that's actually what i did to get the ribbon!

camped M-COM stations with the M320 GL... waited until they started to arm, them *BLAM*

Oh, christ. And I thought camping NEAR the crate was what triggered it.

*mumble grumble* I'll do that later I guess.

jorma

is now taking requests
you can only place 2 claymores. when you place a 3rd, the 1st disappears. also, technically, they disappear when you can respawn again, not when you die.
ok, cheers!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Looks like ill be without internet for ANOTHER week.

Fersis am cry

olimpia84

Dreamgazer said:
Yeah I enjoyed the 12/0 game lol, dropping people like I was playing CoD.

I REALLY wish there was some awesome assault recon weapon out there. The ump is nice and all, but I know I'm missing out not using the other class' guns.

Olimpia: any comments on the AS VAL?
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/olimpia84/iteminfo/smVAL/199948029/ps3/

It seems to be the bf3 version of vss?

Yes, I think it's the closest you'll find to the VSS in BF3. I've only used for a bit and it worked good in close encounters.

TheSeks

Faceless: How the hell are you supposed to know someone is arming the crates? There is no indicator and you basically have to camp somewhat closeby to catch them but I can never catch them as they're arming. :| Only before or after. :|

Bruiserk

Daniel matros tweeted out early this morning saying there is an epic weekend event for console BF3. I can't link because I'm mobile. Anyone know what this is about?

TheSeks

Bruiserk said:
Daniel matros tweeted out early this morning saying there is an epic weekend event for console BF3. I can't link because I'm mobile. Anyone know what this is about?

Er-I don't see it?

Oh, I see it. They say "may be coming this weekend." There's no plans.

https://twitter.com/#!/zh1nt0/status/133929551553241088

olimpia84

TheSeks said:
Faceless: How the hell are you supposed to know someone is arming the crates? There is no indicator and you basically have to camp somewhat closeby to catch them but I can never catch them as they're arming. :| Only before or after. :|

This may not help in your case but if you're nearby an MCOM you can hear a digital clicky sound that indicates the MCOM is being armed. Not that it matters a whole lot though because when you hear the sound and start running for the MCOM, it's usually fully armed by the time you get there. Best bet seems to just camp and have a clear visual of the MCOM and actually wait for somebody to get there and arm it =/

I also heard that another requirement on top of killing somebody in the process of arming it is having a squad leader give the order to defend that particular MCOM.

TheSeks

*sigh* If I could spam grenades like Faceless it would be much eaiser but stupid dumbasses want to sandbag when that happens and never go near the crate for me to kill them. :|

Bruiserk

TheSeks said:
Er-I don't see it?

Oh, I see it. They say "may be coming this weekend." There's no plans.

https://twitter.com/#!/zh1nt0/status/133929551553241088

I read another after it that seemed like more of a confirmation. He tweeted the one I was talking about 5 hours ago, while that one was yesterday.

Edit: https://twitter.com/zh1nt0/status/134213456516759552

Apparently there is a 'copy tweet link' option in my app. Themoreyouknow.jpg.

TheSeks

olimpia84 said:
It's probably a x2 points weekend

That... would be extremely stupid since BF doesn't really have a "level" unlock system outside of the general unlocks.

TheSeks

MuseManMike said:
And? I'm not 45 yet so x2 exp sounds great.

And it's extremely easy to level up in BF.

ReggieNotMyProblem.jpg that some people can't throw out kits every two minutes and get 5000 round games before bonuses kick in and give them 100000+

senador

Banned
TheSeks said:
And it's extremely easy to level up in BF.

ReggieNotMyProblem.jpg that some people can't throw out kits every two minutes and get 5000 round games before bonuses kick in and give them 100000+

Wat

When I have a good-for-me round I get 3000-5000, and that's when I get around 12 kills, spot lots, and revive like mad.

JJD

Holy shit!!! I can awesomely confirm that the mines trick work for the emplaced weapon ribbon! I got 3 ribbons in a single vehicle kill in this round!!!

I was playing Grand Bazaar, and as soon as the game started I went to Flag A and dropped mines everywhere, went back to base, hopped on the rocket launcher and I'm not kidding 1 minute and a half later my mines destroyed a LAV with 6 guys inside! Bwa-hahahahaha!

3 ribbons in one go! I love this game!

I'm only missing the mcom defender ribbon, and seeing as every Rush experience I've had with randoms were horrible it will take awhile until I get this one...

olimpia84 said:
It's probably a x2 points weekend
101005m2547r014.jpg

TheSeks

senador said:
Wat

When I have a good-for-me round I get 3000-5000, and that's when I get around 12 kills, spot lots, and revive like mad.

Battlelog doesn't go that far back, but I played Conquest Grand Bazaar and got 5000 points, bonuses started to come in from ribbons at about ~10,000. Add in a bonus point of like ~400 and it was around 10500 and a level up from like 24 to 25/26.

Reviving people just as their body hits the floor (DERP), healing, switching kits when you run out of ammo and throwing ammo packs out thereby refilling yourself + teammates is so hard guyz. :(

aaahaha, trying to fly or drive with serious lag has hilarious consequences... the car/plane/chopper just warps around and suddenly is inside a wall :E

edit: meaning, sorry Rockscar for not being a very good driver :D

senador

Banned
TheSeks said:
Battlelog doesn't go that far back, but I played Conquest Grand Bazaar and got 5000 points, bonuses started to come in from ribbons at about ~10,000. Add in a bonus point of like ~400 and it was around 10500 and a level up from like 24 to 25/26.

Reviving people just as their body hits the floor (DERP), healing, switching kits when you run out of ammo and throwing ammo packs out thereby refilling yourself + teammates is so hard guyz. :(

I guess people just aren't as good as you. Damn people of varying skills.

I didn't know there was massive bonuses. Hmm.

olimpia84 said:
This may not help in your case but if you're nearby an MCOM you can hear a digital clicky sound that indicates the MCOM is being armed. Not that it matters a whole lot though because when you hear the sound and start running for the MCOM, it's usually fully armed by the time you get there. Best bet seems to just camp and have a clear visual of the MCOM and actually wait for somebody to get there and arm it =/

I also heard that another requirement on top of killing somebody in the process of arming it is having a squad leader give the order to defend that particular MCOM.
a squad order isn't required.

TheSeks said:
*sigh* If I could spam grenades like Faceless it would be much eaiser but stupid dumbasses want to sandbag when that happens and never go near the crate for me to kill them. :|
Buckshot! at the range you should be at, it's a 1HK with little need for aiming!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Buckshot! at the range you should be at, it's a 1HK with little need for aiming!

I've stopped using it... 40mm shotgun was one of my favorite weapons in BC2 but in BF3 it gets me killed every time. Last couple encounters I hit center mass and the guy shrugged it off and killed me. He had 80% health left the most recent (and my last) time.

:/

It's a damn pea shooter.

Evolved1 said:
I've stopped using it... 40mm shotgun was one of my favorite weapons in BC2 but in BF3 it gets me killed every time. Last couple encounters I hit center mass and the guy shrugged it off and killed me. He had 80% health left the most recent (and my last) time.

:/

It's a damn pea shooter.
i dropped everyone i aimed at in 1 shot.

flechette in the M26 MASS is also nice, but i often need 2 shots with that one.

TheSeks

senador said:
I guess people just aren't as good as you. Damn people of varying skills.

I didn't know there was massive bonuses. Hmm.

The point is: Throwing out kit items (something I NEVER SEE) is pretty much free points. You could get a level up per day in theory if you do what your class is intended to do. People don't do that. Hence they bitch about the "slow level up" when it really isn't so slow.

Shit, Olimpia hit max rank in terms of callsign IN A WEEK. It's far from slow in comparison to BC2's levels 25-50 slog and I really don't see the point of double experience. You get some items slightly faster, whoopie?

@Faceless: The problem is camping the crate for me since I dunno if they're arming or not and if they are they'll generally notice me before I can kill them and killing them while they're arming is such a short window.

And the MASS will kill people in 1-shot in close-to-mid range. Otherwise spam it with two shots and they'll die, unless you're lagging. The same as the shotguns that aren't underslug.

I also tried C4 trapping the crates, but either the people see the C4, or I notice them arming too late/crate has been armed just as I hit the button to kill them and I get no damage on them. :|

TheSeks said:
The point is: Throwing out kit items (something I NEVER SEE) is pretty much free points. You could get a level up per day in theory if you do what your class is intended to do. People don't do that. Hence they bitch about the "slow level up" when it really isn't so slow.

Shit, Olimpia hit max rank in terms of callsign IN A WEEK. It's far from slow in comparison to BC2's levels 25-50 slog and I really don't see the point of double experience. You get some items slightly faster, whoopie?

@Faceless: The problem is camping the crate for me since I dunno if they're arming or not and if they are they'll generally notice me before I can kill them and killing them while they're arming is such a short window.

And the MASS will kill people in 1-shot in close-to-mid range. Otherwise spam it with two shots and they'll die, unless you're lagging. The same as the shotguns that aren't underslug.

I also tried C4 trapping the crates, but either the people see the C4, or I notice them arming too late/crate has been armed just as I hit the button to kill them and I get no damage on them. :|
yes, the MASS will in many cases, but the 320 is just me stacking the odds in my favor.

anyway, just camp crouched/prone in a corner near the doorway or whatever. basically position yourself so their back will be facing you when they enter. wait until they get to the M-COM, count to 1 and shoot. not all locations are ideal for doing this.

TheSeks

yes, the MASS will in many cases, but the 320 is just me stacking the odds in my favor.

anyway, just camp crouched/prone in a corner near the doorway or whatever. basically position yourself so their back will be facing you when they enter. wait until they get to the M-COM, count to 1 and shoot. not all locations are ideal for doing this.

What are some ideal locations? Like I said: I can stay near the crate and be in the same room and they'll generally notice me being prone or crouched. So annoying.

For the M-COM defender ribbon I mostly used C4. Spawn as support, C4 the objective you plan to defend, and then prone/crouch behind cover in a good defensive position where you can deploy your bipod and get a good view of the M-COM through your scope. If necessary, C4 the cover around the M-COM first to give you a better view. Once you see an enemy standing next to the M-COM, blow your C4 immediately. As a backup you can just blast them with the 200 rounds in your LMG. Squad defend orders on that M-COM are not required AFAIK (I'm pretty sure I didn't use them when I got it).

If you're playing on PS3, be aware that when you get your final ribbon the entire game will freeze for a few seconds before a trophy pops up. When I got my final ribbon (the M-COM defender ribbon) I thought that the game had crashed and nearly put my fist through the TV…

EDIT: The outdoor M-COMs are obviously the best for this. I got mine on Grand Bazaar at the first A (one kill - I proned in the corner on the outside of the map closest to their spawn), second B (two kills - I crouched at the high ledge looking down towards B on the defender spawn side), and second A (one kill - this one I hid in a garage near the objective and just popped out when I noticed a teammate turn into a skull near the objective).

EDIT 2: I don't know if this is really all that useful but here's where I mean:

YTbpt.jpg

GkcTy.jpg

eek5

I've had 100% success rate with getting ammo from smurf support by flashing them with a flashlight and then shooting at them until they retaliate and shoot me back. Eventually they realize that they need ammo for themselves so they throw down a box and I grab all the ammo from it. What a pain in the ass.

TheSeks

I know what you're talking about. But people notice me. I can't "play dead" around the crates and they'll notice me and kill me even if I wait for them. Shits mad annoying, yo.

JJD

endlessflood said:
For the M-COM defender ribbon I mostly used C4. Spawn as support, C4 the objective you plan to defend, and then prone/crouch behind cover in a good defensive position where you can deploy your bipod and get a good view of the M-COM through your scope. If necessary, C4 the cover around the M-COM first to give you a better view. Once you see an enemy standing next to the M-COM, blow your C4 immediately. As a backup you can just blast them with the 200 rounds in your LMG. Squad defend orders on that M-COM are not required AFAIK (I'm pretty sure I didn't use them when I got it).

If you're playing on PS3, be aware that when you get your final ribbon the entire game will freeze for a few seconds before a trophy pops up. When I got my final ribbon (the M-COM defender ribbon) I thought that the game had crashed and nearly put my fist through the TV…

EDIT: The outdoor M-COMs are obviously the best for this. I got mine on Grand Bazaar at the first A (one kill - I proned in the corner on the outside of the map closest to their spawn), second B (two kills - I crouched at the high ledge looking down towards B on the defender spawn side), and second A (one kill - this one I hid in a garage near the objective and just popped out when I noticed a teammate turn into a skull near the objective).

EDIT 2: I don't know if this is really all that useful but here's where I mean:

YTbpt.jpg

GkcTy.jpg

Those are great! Thanks for the tips man, I'll try this later as the mcom defender is my last ribbon too!

Top Bottom