• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Evolved1 said:
All day/evening... don't have work or classes until tomorrow. :)

Somehow I missed this before. I don't think I have ever seen dream pilot anything in the air. He's a UAV guy and will pilot tanks. But I've never seen him fly in all the hours we played together. He's just a backseat driver second guessing all your moves! Lol.

Actually I might have seen him fly the blackhawk a couple times. Definitely not a chopper whore though. Good gunner.

Considering how many times I've yelled at people to "FUCK THE CHOPPER"

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm not a chopper whore :)
I'm a motion sensors, vss, mg3, pp2000, v-elec, w/l ratio, uav, commanding, whore.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Any footage of Battlelog on consoles?

Az

Dreamgazer said:
Considering how many times I've yelled at people to "FUCK THE CHOPPER"

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm not a chopper whore :)
I'm a motion sensors, vss, mg3, pp2000, v-elec, w/l ratio, uav, commanding, whore.

Ahhhhhhh UAV that's what it was. =D

todahawk

TheAzRim said:
Ahhhhhhh UAV that's what it was. =D

Yup, glued to the UAV station at the first set of objectives even though we're on the fourth... and still keeping the thing alive. *high five*

so, what the fuck is up with the 'Alternate' controls swapping CROUCH instead of CHANGE WEAPON!?!?!?

oh, and you see that option for orientation in vehicles? the normal setting is actually INVERT so don't go switching it to INVERT and expect down to be up and fly an A10 into the ground instead of taking off.

so far with choppers, i've had the best luck using the Legacy setting, i'm almost used to flying them now. soon, i'll start work on shooting! i still haven't killed anything in a jet. i tried, i really tried.

they made the tanks easier? seriously? LOL.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Faceless Master said:
so, what the fuck is up with the 'Alternate' controls swapping CROUCH instead of CHANGE WEAPON!?!?!?

oh, and you see that option for orientation in vehicles? the normal setting is actually INVERT so don't go switching it to INVERT and expect down to be up and fly an A10 into the ground instead of taking off.

so far with choppers, i've had the best luck using the Legacy setting, i'm almost used to flying them now. soon, i'll start work on shooting! i still haven't killed anything in a jet. i tried, i really tried.

they made the tanks easier? seriously? LOL.

Welcome to Evolves nightmare. I've got no comment until I get the game and hardware in my damn hands. >:|

Cornbread78

greenjerk said:
Shit, didn't catch that either. Form filled out.
MY GOD I REALLY NEED TO STAY @ WORK AND GET SOME SHIT DONE BUT THE DAMN GAME IS SITTING RIGHT NEXT TO ME CALLING MY NAME AND TELLING ME TO BAIL AND GO HOME AND FIRE THAT BITCH UP.

sorry, bad day yesterday and I'm overcompensating with all caps
I really just want Seks to yell at me

LOL, I hear ya, I picked mine up at lunch and not I can't keep my eyes off th dirty little
b!ch....

Oh, and the best use of the the UAV, was to cover every inch of that thing with C4, then fly it right on top of a crate, and just blow the thign to pieces..... so much fun! The C4 did ruin Ruch mode, but oh well, plying C4 for life!

olimpia84

arggh, they changed the tank physics. It feels like you're driving them on ice now. I was SO MUCH used to them in BC2 and now have to re learn everything from scratch.

DukeSucks

added myself to the master list. I don't really know what I'm doing yet, and am terrible. But I will play whatever role is best for the team and try my best to support.

(and I have a headset :) )

edit: and I spot like it's my 2nd job

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Noisepurge said:
I don't think it exists. Just have to use the one in a browser. Consoles got the new server browser though.

And the beta PS3 Platoon was wiped :/

Here is a brand spanking new PS3 Platoon:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655240984194053/
So you cant change your clan tag from the console. Weird.

I really really hope that Battlelog doesnt use the SCE PSN Validation system.

olimpia84

Damn, why is it that every game I join my team sucks? I've been trying to join some gaffers playing Rush but servers are full so I'm stuck with random Conquest noobs

Ketch

Just picked it up from target. Every time I turn on my PS3 I gotta download a system update, and now I'm downloading the game update... then I'm going to install the texture pack... but after that I'm totally gonna play the shit outta this game.

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
I'm hesistant to join the platoon.

It watered down my glorious 7.0 beta w/l on platoon stats.

We should make one called GAF Vets that is invite only for you, then. :p

olimpia84

Dreamgazer said:

Once everybody starts getting the hang out of the game, the overall W/L for the platoon will skyrocket I'm sure.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Fersis said:
So you cant change your clan tag from the console. Weird.

I really really hope that Battlelog doesnt use the SCE PSN Validation system.
I don't think it does any kind of validation. You can just log in once you've booted up the game and activated the online pass then it keeps track of your stats, etc there.

GQman2121

Banned
So what's the head count looking like on the ps3? I'm highly tempted to pick this up at Kmart after work tonight because I've got that $30 giftcard that came with Batman AND they're giving $20 girftcards for BF3 this week, so that would be U3 for $40 next week......

I need people to play with though. I couldn't stand the beta because no one had mics. I have like three people on my friends list who are currently playing, but I'll need more (preferably on the East coast).

TheSeks

Dream-y: Your second tracking number still isn't working. You sure it's correct?

Beats

So I just got the game for PS3 but I have a question about the online pass. Is it one per user, or per console? :|

Are we going to have a 360 Platoon?

EDIT: Found it. I had to search for Neogaf Xbox. It didn't show up just by typing Neogaf. :/

GQman2121

Banned
Beats said:
So I just got the game for PS3 but I have a question about the online pass. Is it one per user, or per console? :|
Console. If the content is on the HD, any user on that console can access the It.

Beats

GQman2121 said:
Console. If the content is on the HD, any user on that console can access the It.

Alright thanks! I was kind of worried since if I remember correctly BC2 had a problem where the VIP pass would only work for one user. I'm glad that's not the case now.

Vard

Signed up to the PS3 list! Looking forward to joining the fun again... had some great times with some of you guys in BC2!

todahawk

Cornbread78 said:
LOL, I hear ya, I picked mine up at lunch and not I can't keep my eyes off th dirty little
b!ch....

Oh, and the best use of the the UAV, was to cover every inch of that thing with C4, then fly it right on top of a crate, and just blow the thign to pieces..... so much fun! The C4 did ruin Ruch mode, but oh well, plying C4 for life!

Only thing that tops that is loading up the Blackhawk with C4. The hard thing with the UAV was knowing when to detonate, I didn't practice enough and was either too late or too early :/

Milly79

jm84U.png

Should be the 5th longest headshot in the world on 360.

GQman2121 said:
So what's the head count looking like on the ps3?

During the peak era of bfbc2, ps3 gaf could have 3 full games(that's 36 gaffers) going at once. At even the lowest point, there are at least 2-3 people playing on a regular night.

Head count on the ps3 is the least of your worries - especially during release hype.

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
During the peak era of bfbc2, ps3 gaf could have 3 full games going at once. At even the lowest point, there are at least 2-3 people playing on a regular night.

Head count on the ps3 is the least of your worries.

Getting in games is.

Meanwhile check your second shipping number and then re-PM me it and what shipper it is. Otherwise I think you didn't give me the right tracking.

red731

PS3 gaffers, Ive sent many requests and forget one tiny thing and that is missing name here.
So check the spreadsheet and thats me.

ed:
SephCast said:
Why can't I sign onto this Battlelog? It says my account is not allowed.

I bet that you dont have the game right? When you run it some registration between your psn or gamertag occurs and allows you to go there.
I cant get there too since I dont have the game.
Theory valid when I will play and try to log onto battlelog...

TheSeks

Dream: No the other one you PM'ed me. The one with -'s in it. It doesn't work?

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
red731 said:
PS3 gaffers, Ive sent many requests and forget one tiny thing and that is missing name here.
So check the spreadsheet and thats me.

ed:

I bet that you dont have the game right? When you run it some registration between your psn or gamertag occurs and allows you to go there.
I cant get there too since I dont have the game.
Theory valid when I will play and try to log onto battlelog...

Hmm...I have the game and I've been playing for 5 hours. I didn't see a registration feature.

spidye

quick question. I am trying to make a private squad with a friend but it seems I'm doing something wrong. we are never in a squad or sometimes not even in the same team.
how do I make a private squad just for 2 people?

paskowitz

My name is on the list, but if anyone wants to squad up with a BF2 vet who is a team player I'll add you. PSN ID: thepatriots I will be on in a bit.

It would be great if we could get some form of organized squads together that play on a scheduled basis. LETS DO THIS!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
SephCast said:
Hmm...I have the game and I've been playing for 5 hours. I didn't see a registration feature.
Once you redeem your online code and enter MP or My Soldier it should link your account. That's when it checks for Gun Club and Veteran status and sets up your Battlelog account.

Dreamgazer said:

Do it! Accepting all Gaf requests at the moment blindly. But i will eventually start to delete users who do not play regularly. Must keep a tight ship!

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
RoboPlato said:
Once you redeem your online code and enter MP or My Soldier it should link your account. That's when it checks for Gun Club and Veteran status and sets up your Battlelog account.

Okay, then I don't know what email address it's supposed to login under...

Top Bottom