• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
SephCast said:
Okay, then I don't know what email address it's supposed to login under...

Your EA account one.

If you don't remember that... you're fucked.

spidye

spidye said:
quick question. I am trying to make a private squad with a friend but it seems I'm doing something wrong. we are never in a squad or sometimes not even in the same team.
how do I make a private squad just for 2 people?
could someone help me, please?

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
TheSeks said:
Your EA account one.

If you don't remember that... you're fucked.

Well, I've got it, but my gamertag isn't linked to it in the personas. This shit is so unintuitive.

TheSeks

BE ADVISED: CONSOLE SUPPLY DROP IS IN YOUR AO.
--

Now to unwrap it and plug it in. >_>

TheSeks

OH GOD I HAVE TO UPDATE!

26q5G.gif

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
http://i56.tinypic.com/1498v7o.jpghttp://i53.tinypic.com/71rcw6.jpg

15 mins to update man. WTF Sony. :(

had a bug earlier. i was cruising with a humvee with a gunner on Grand Bazaar, and we were killing this squad of dudes and one guy snuck around a corner that we couldn't get at in the humvee, so i got out and killed him. as i ran back to the humvee, i started getting shit from another direction. i hopped in the hummer and was at 0% health with the screen grey, but i could still control the vehicle. the screen stayed grey for another 2 minutes while i was still on 0% health, despite there being lulls in the action of my gunner mopping up fools. so i finally hop out of the hummer and get back in and my health starts going up again... weird!

and damn, i love the tanks, so fast and agile!

Deadly Cyclone said:
So, how is it on Xbox? Anyone playing? Look better than the beta?
it's like a whole other game.

in fact, it's like a whole game, unlike the beta where it felt like part of a game with parts missing.

JJD

spidye said:
could someone help me, please?

Team must be full. Wait a bit.

If you manage to get in the same team as him, but on a different squad, just hit the squad menu in the game and invite him to a new squad!

JJD

MiniBossBattle said:
So excited, just picked it up during my lunch break. I am gonna main helicopter. Is there a way to train on the helicopter?

I still don't have the game, but my best bet would be that chopper co op mission on easy were one of the players is the pilot and the other the gunner.

TheSeks

OMG WTF @ the Killzone 2 level of aim lag. Shit fucking sux and turning down the sensitivity doesn't help.

WTF did you do, DICE!?

meppi

Man, I can't wait for this to arrive.
Played BC2 all night and it seems all that is left are the campers/lamers/spawncampers and other idiots.
Thought most of them would have moved on already, but I guess it's the opposite.
Probably because they wouldn't be able to use their lame-ass tactics in the new game like they are used to in BC2.

Just hoping the posties actually are wanting to do their job for once... :-/

TheSeks said:
OMG WTF @ the Killzone 2 level of aim lag. Shit fucking sux and turning down the sensitivity doesn't help.

WTF did you do, DICE!?
What do you think Evolved and myself were raging about in the beta?
So this crap isn't fixed at all? :(

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
meppi said:
Man, I can't wait for this to arrive.
Played BC2 all night and it seems all that is left are the campers/lamers/spawncampers and other idiots.
Thought most of them would have moved on already, but I guess it's the opposite.
Probably because they wouldn't be able to use their lame-ass tactics in the new game like they are used to in BC2.

Just hoping the posties actually are wanting to do their job for once... :-/

What do you think Evolved and myself were raging about in the beta?
So this crap isn't fixed at all? :(

Believe it or not, as much as it sucks, I'm finally adjusting. I'm also starting to get the hang of the chopper.

Dan, Ejas, Olimpia, and I just had a pretty serious run of wins. Lost one round in a fluke and then turned around and slapped them back into the spawn. Also minhtfresh (i have no idea how to spell your name sorry) was there for a couple.

Gaf steamroller already warming up and we weren't even full force.

LProtag

Still debating picking this up for PS3. Might have to wait a while though as I've got a lot of things to do for the next month. Guess I'll check back and see if there's still a decent community for it.

Evolved1

TheSeks said:

WTF did you do, DICE!?

I tried to tell people... no one fucking listens to me. It's possible to adjust but it still bothers me. Just like how they switched so much stuff up for what seems like no good reason.

I will say this though: this is a better game than BC2. And I think the maps are good enough to give it legs for a while. Especially when we get the BF2 maps.

VariantX

Was playing earlier and ran into some issues/ bugs earlier on the Xbox 360 ver within about 3 matches. One involved me dying and then all of the HUD elements disappearing until I reset the game. Another bug involves that green screen flickering bug that was so prevalent in the beta that drove me crazy. Cant log into battlelog because it keeps telling me my account isn't allowed to log in. Still having fun, but these things absolutely need to be fixed as soon as possible.

VariantX said:
Was playing earlier and ran into some issues/ bugs earlier on the Xbox 360 ver within about 3 matches. One involved me dying and then all of the HUD elements disappearing until I reset the game. Another bug involves that green screen flickering bug that was so prevalent in the beta that drove me crazy. Cant log into battlelog because it keeps telling me my account isn't allowed to log in. Still having fun, but these things absolutely need to be fixed as soon as possible.

Sign in to battlelog.battlefield.com to get that part working.

U2NUMB

And boom goes the 360 servers.

We're aware of the server issues on the Xbox 360 and are working to correct them as soon as possible.

http://twitter.com/#!/Battlefield

meppi

No_Style said:
Why would they fix something that's not broken? :)
Indeed. Why would they mess with BC2s controls?
I have no idea either. ;P

Evolved1 said:
Believe it or not, as much as it sucks, I'm finally adjusting. I'm also starting to get the hang of the chopper.
Well, that's good to hear. :)
I adapted to KZ2 controls because the game itself was so damn good, so I'll probably adapt to BF3 as well. Even if it takes a while.
Probably best not to return to BC2 then, otherwise it might screw me over for a longer duration.

olimpia84

Damn, first day and PS3 GAF is already steamrolling. We only lost one because it was a fluke but we didn't have many problems winning after that. I noticed some people sent me friend requests but I'm not sure if they're gaffers or not so I will compare their names to the list. To make things easier people should add BF3 GAF or something in the friend invite.

Ketch

I would like to play with the GAF, but the damn battlelog thing is such a pain in the ass right now. I'm having the hardest time signing up.

The game says got to battlelog.com for super amazing badassery! battlog.com says "This account is not allowed to log in".... WTF.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
EasyTGT said:
I would like to play with the GAF, but the damn battlelog thing is such a pain in the ass right now. I'm having the hardest time signing up.

The game says got to battlelog.com for super amazing badassery! battlog.com says "This account is not allowed to log in".... WTF.

Yeah, wtf is up with that?

Evolved1

olimpia84 said:
Damn, first day and PS3 GAF is already steamrolling. We only lost one because it was a fluke but we didn't have many problems winning after that. I noticed some people sent me friend requests but I'm not sure if they're gaffers or not so I will compare their names to the list. To make things easier people should add BF3 GAF or something in the friend invite.

*brofist*

man this game sucks in random servers. after a day playing with you guys and being able to count on smart players, the random smurfs are just omg.

olimpia84

Evolved1 said:
*brofist*

man this game sucks in random servers. after a day playing with you guys and being able to count on smart players, the random smurfs are just omg.

I had the same problem earlier when I played Conquest. Them randoms just don't know what the heck to do...sticking with gaffers it's the only way to go.

TheSeks said:

WTF did you do, DICE!?
i dunno what's up on the triple, but on san roku maru it's nothing like KZ2!

what really gets me is i keep pressing RB to switch weapons and Y to knife.

Well, I'm currently killing time with the PC version until my PS3 copy arrives (probably next week), but I can't wait to play with you guys (nice to know you're already kicking asses). Do you have Battlelog platoon? Next week also will join (I hope ;) ) the party a well-known colleague of you (Fersis you'll happy). I'll leave that there.

And BTW fellas, I'm to lazy to search around the internets and the OT, how's the squad management in-game of console version? Full features, see all the squads, etc.? And the server browser, is finally one in the game? Thanks in advance, and good hunting.

EDIT Ok, I just searched in Youtube and found "leaked" footage of the console browser, it looks very decent! It's really like that in the final game? The idea of a AAA console game with server browser since KZ2 is like a lost dream for me..

JJD

You know, it's hard seeing all you guys playing on my friends list and I still don't have the game...

LProtag

olimpia84 said:

You make me want to buy this game as I'm always terrible at finding decent people to play with.

But then I realize I will be a giant disappointment to everyone.

Dr Prob

Banned
So I ordered this from Amazon and they used something called Lasership for delivery.

As awesome as that sounds (lasers!), shockingly something seems to have gone awry.

Be advised: C'mon man.

Marvie_3

Banned
Dr Prob said:
So I ordered this from Amazon and they used something called Lasership for delivery.

As awesome as that sounds (lasers!), shockingly something seems to have gone awry.

Be advised: C'mon man.
Sounds dangerous

TheSeks

This aim speed is really throwing me off. >:| As is the enemy blending into nearly every goddamn shadow of the game.

EasyTGT said:
how are you guys getting GAF matches?

You kinda have to add the regulars who play (ex: me, sekoku, olimpia, rockscar, mintfresh, etc) since we have most people on our friends list.That or one another.

Honestly, don't expect people to add you just because you say "hey gaf, add me". We only have 100 friend spots for consoles after all >.>

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
i dunno what's up on the triple, but on san roku maru it's nothing like KZ2!

what really gets me is i keep pressing RB to switch weapons and Y to knife.

I'm adjusting to the speed, but man. If you've spent 700 hours with BC2 you should be able to notice the heft/weight KZ2-ish controls. I can't seem to pin-point on enemies on a dime right now. My kills are extremely lucky so far. :/

And having to unlock the kits EVEN THOUGH I HAVE VET STATUS for the defib and shit is hilariously awful. God DICE, what possessed you to do that?

I still gotta slowly drag myself into the recon's first gadget unlock but it's TERRIBLE.

And I can't fly the helicopter or jets worth a damn to get their unlocks. *sigh*

Xux

I suck so bad at jets; I probably cost the US and Russia millions of dollars in jets so far. :lol

I'll probably get the jet medal before I get a kill. Just gotta keep grinding attack/defend order points 'til I get flares so I can drift around a few seconds longer like a doofus. :lol

Top Bottom