• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
MuseManMike said:
If Sekoku and other people want to get that M-COM defender ribbon, I say we do it tonight. Say, after or around 9PM PST? I think I'll be able to finish my work by then.

Anybody else interested?

Are we able to fill an empty server up in five minutes to do that considering I know people will fill it up if we have less than a full server in general for that. Otherwise I wouldn't mind boosting that ribbon because it's a PITA for me.

CatPee

TheSeks said:
Are we able to fill an empty server up in five minutes to do that considering I know people will fill it up if we have less than a full server in general for that. Otherwise I wouldn't mind boosting that ribbon because it's a PITA for me.

1. Find empty Squad Rush server
2. Invite Gaffers
3. ????
4. PROFIT!

rdrr gnr

CatPee said:
1. Find empty Squad Rush server
2. Invite Gaffers
3. ????
4. PROFIT!
That was my plan, yeah. We can bump this thread, the OT, and of course invite people who want that ribbon that aren't necessarily GAFfers either if we don't have enough.

Edit: Alright. I'll bump this thread an hour or so before I start sending out invites letting people know. We'll choose gametype depending on the response.

TheSeks

meppi said:
and SMH at gaffers boosting.
Can't say I'm surprised though... :-/

Call me when crate defense doesn't require four kills with a five second window.

Tawpgun

It's official.

Having unlocked the Guided Missle I thought I was going to be a Jet God.

Nope. Guided missle is shit.

Jets are the biggest gimmick in this game. You either fight on the ground and contribute to your team, or play the dog fighting mini game in the air.

The rush jets main cannon should do splash damage up the ass, similar to the gunner of the helo.

The conquest jets guided missle should be a 1 hit KO.

CatPee

A27 Tawpgun said:
It's official.

Jets are the biggest gimmick in this game. You either fight on the ground and contribute to your team, or play the dog fighting mini game in the air.

The rush jets main cannon should do splash damage up the ass, similar to the gunner of the helo.

CatPee said:

I dunno, if you know how to use them effectively, jets are extremely powerful against ground targets, specifically tanks. Air radar allows you to alert your teammates to the general locations of SOFLAMs, Mobile Spawns, tanks, etc. The machine gun is also ridiculously powerful against armor and will disable a tank if a good amount of shots hit, and destroy it if it's already damaged/ even more shots hit. I normally circle back, increase altitude, then unleash the MG on a tank to disable, then quickly swap to Rocket Pods (massively superior) to finish it off. I had plenty of kills and disables that match. They're getting a buff in the next update though, for what it's worth.

And Extinguisher > Flares.

olimpia84

Holy shit, just had an epic game at Kharg Island. I scored 11,000+ points without awards! And no, there is no battle report for some reason I keep getting the message "cannot find report on the database". I did have my girlfriend record a video when the game was done since I don't think I'll ever had as good a game as this one :p

Not sure how much I scored after the awards but I did get an additional 10,000 "extra" points at the end of the round. Not sure what those points are based on but every now and then I get them when I have a good round...but nowhere near to 10,000!

A27 Tawpgun said:
It's official.

essentially thats all the jets are, a dog fighting mini game. For everything you can do in the air you can do on the ground with similar effectiveness, with added versatility. Only time I find some use from jets is if I come across a competent pilot/gunner combo in one of the heli's both using flares who needs to be taken out some other way than stinger missiles.

TheSeks

Well, no need to boost anymore Got lucky first set A as four dumbasses kept single file pushing to the crate and I got lucky and killed one just as he armed it for the ribbon. Not attempting that shit again. >_>

Also fuck you, Toda. You would've lost most of those one-on-ones if the game suddenly didn't lag out and have me eat two bullets while I empty an entire clip into you and Scorch.

olimpia84

TheSeks said:
Well, no need to boost anymore Got lucky first set A as four dumbasses kept single file pushing to the crate and I got lucky and killed one just as he armed it for the ribbon. Not attempting that shit again. >_>

Also fuck you, Toda. You would've lost most of those one-on-ones if the game suddenly didn't lag out and have me eat two bullets while I empty an entire clip into you and Scorch.

49 more ribbons to go then?

CatPee

eek5 said:
Eh. The problem for me is that if you are good in their air, you're probably 10x better on the ground.

I'm doubtful that I could disable 10+ tanks and a couple helis while on the ground.

CatPee

eek5 said:
I've done it before. Anyway it only says you disabled 4 vehicles on that battlelog.

I had multiple Disable Vehicle Ribbons in that match, but it seems Battlelog only displays what you earned once. I did completely destroy 8 vehicles, for what it's worth, and none of them were hostile jets.

TheSeks

olimpia84 said:
49 more ribbons to go then?

Nope. Can't care. Got the trophy, ain't insane to get SDM/TDM/Squad Rush pins.

Also this is what happens when you turncoat, Toda. SUCK MY TWO ARMS UNDER 20 TICKETS AT LAST SET, BITCH.

Man, tonight is the night of me having to last crate last set arm. Smoke my way to B in the tunnels of Damavand since people went DERP A because they were scared (and didn't even bother to attempt to RPG outside of Starfish Oxide/i_shoot_to_kill) to get over there. Go in, fire smoke while arming. Get out in the smoke. Turn around see a dude he is firing at me IRNV hax him in the head. Run over there. Pop a dude that is attempting to disarm. Kill him. Get killed by a grenade. Pray they don't get it. And... win. :D

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
wait... ACTUAL boosting? or just getting that ridiculous m-com defender achievement?

Getting the M-COM defender ribbon for the achievement of "decorated."

I lucked out, I don't need to boost. But I can understand the people that want to do that for that shit. It's too much luck and nothing to do with defending. Just camp a crate and kill in a five second window. So stupid.

I resort to boosting for achievements if they start to be a bit too much bullshit. No reason to attempt to luck out on some of the ones I've ran across.

TheSeks

Starfish_Oxide said:
Good games tonight with the Seks don't think we lost one.

Oh and nice work on those mcoms :-D

I just checked Battlelog and we didn't. But we did come close a few times due to stupid randoms and Jean (a person on my friends list) going recon mostly with a few times where he changed classes. *mumble grumble*

I'm honestly surprised I'm able to get those last second crate arms at times. Like, seriously, it's mind blowing how I'm able to run in there arm and get out/attempt to get out while everyone else holds them off from the crate. Like really, that Damavand Peak game with Fersis where we were literally two tickets left, I arm. We hit 0 (nice having an overtime mode for attackers) and we hold them off. Crate blows as I'm in the respawn screen and I could tell I broke the enemies/Fersis' team's morale.

Tunavi

Banned
Finally got the shotgun attachment. Its like I'm playing an entirely different game. I'm dominating at both short and mid range.

rdrr gnr

I'm busier than expected ATM so that lobby probably won't happen tonight. It'll happen for sure tomorrow though. So if you guys are still interested let me know tomorrow.
Tunavi said:
Finally got the shotgun attachment. Its like I'm playing an entirely different game. I'm dominating at both short and mid range.
On what gun?

senador

Banned
Tunavi said:
M416, Assault Class
So good. That gun has been my favorite. I just have one attachment left to earn for it. I mostly stick to the M320 though and swap to the mass for certain phases or maps.

I just unlocked the F2000 and trying it out. It's pretty good but I miss the burst fire from the M416.

olimpia84

Aw fuck, frostbite freeze =/
Sorry mike, I tried to re-join but the server was full. Here's hoping you guys win that Op Metro game (you better after I busted my ass to get A!). Time to go to bed for me, good games.

rdrr gnr

Olimpia is a one-man squad of ninjas.
olimpia84 said:
Aw fuck, frostbite freeze =/
Sorry mike, I tried to re-join but the server was full. Here's hoping you guys win that Op Metro game (you better after I busted my ass to get A!). Time to go to bed for me, good games.
Yeah, I saw you try a few times. I was able to get B for a while when you were at A but they kept coming back. I held A down soon after you left by placing a motion detector. You had some really amazing games tonight, I swear I saw you get something like 8k as a general score. Ridiculous. Really GG.

OP Metro:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/6188565/4/191746277/

Our only loss of the night:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/6177481/4/191746277/

Thanks for that one DICE.

rdrr gnr

The recon kit is incredibly difficult to level. Even with a slew of great games tonight, I wasn't even able to finish the next unlock (SKS). I can't believe that of all things, DICE can't get the classes right.

My Suggestions:
  • Lower the point quota for Recon unlocks.
  • General buff for the PDWs.
  • Double the points per spawn on beacon.
  • Double the points per motion mine kill assist.
  • Stop requiring a recon player to place the beacon so frequently.
  • Increase the frequency and range of the motion mine beeps.
  • Add a multi-tiered spot default point attribution system (you'd get points just for marking an enemy in MAV). Marking a tank nets more points than marking an individual enemy and so forth (Call of Duty does this right.)
  • Add a way-point system for the MAV that allows a player to laser designate areas for squadmates to move into (mark flanks etc.)
  • Add some equipment that has some efficacy against vehicles. Anything please God.
  • Decrease minimum kills required to attain the sniper rifle ribbon.

Also, I was able to use the Type 88 LMG from an idiot I killed (he's an idiot cause he teabagged me the next game. I think he mad). It was really good! Fucking pre-order bullshit.

Daigoro

MuseManMike said:
Also, I was able to use the Type 88 LMG from an idiot I killed (he's an idiot cause he teabagged me the next game. I think he mad). It was really good! Fucking pre-order bullshit.
there were pre-order only weapons? :eek:

olimpia84

MuseManMike said:
Olimpia is a one-man squad of ninjas.

Yeah, I saw you try a few times. I was able to get B for a while when you were at A but they kept coming back. I held A down soon after you left by placing a motion detector. You had some really amazing games tonight, I swear I saw you get something like 8k as a general score. Ridiculous. Really GG.

Thanks. If I get on a heavy tank with the hot hand I can be pretty ruthless. Especially on maps like Op. Firestorm, Kargh Island, and Damavand Peak...I know the hiding spots that enemies use fairly well! I also lit them up well in this Kargh Island match. If it wasn't for our stupid random squadmate I would have not died at all, but oh well. Oh, and you should have seen one of my matches from earlier with randoms; I scored 11k as general score :p
You did very well too, especially on the infantry maps. The T-UGs helped me and saved my ass quite a few times.

I'm so glad you won that game. I figured you would since when the game froze on me we had control of all three flags but the other team was very good and a comeback by them wasn't out of the picture. I tried to re-join but the server was full. Oh and thanks for that counting as a loss for me Dice!

Good ol' Noshrah Canal on US side. I knew we were in trouble from the get go because like I said before, the other team was actually pretty good. The score doesn't show it but we actually had a good chance of winning it. At one point the enemy tank got disabled in A, so the dude jumps out and I kill him; then I take my repair tool and attempt to fix it but one of the stupid randoms in our team shot an RPG and the tank exploded. Had we recovered that enemy tank they would have been fucked!

CatPee

Speaking of which, has anyone else noticed that Frostbite Freezes are WAY less common now? No more save freeze at the beginning, and I only froze once last night, which reminded me of the lack of FBF. That was the first freeze in ~35 hours of playtime too.

Soma

MuseManMike said:
The recon kit is incredibly difficult to level. Even with a slew of great games tonight, I wasn't even able to finish the next unlock (SKS). I can't believe that of all things, DICE can't get the classes right.

My Suggestions:
  • Lower the point quota for Recon unlocks.
  • General buff for the PDWs.
  • Double the points per spawn on beacon.
  • Double the points per motion mine kill assist.
  • Stop requiring a recon player to place the beacon so frequently.
  • Increase the frequency and range of the motion mine beeps.
  • Add a multi-tiered spot default point attribution system (you'd get points just for marking an enemy in MAV). Marking a tank nets more points than marking an individual enemy and so forth (Call of Duty does this right.)
  • Add a way-point system for the MAV that allows a player to laser designate areas for squadmates to move into (mark flanks etc.)
  • Add some equipment that has some efficacy against vehicles. Anything please God.
  • Decrease minimum kills required to attain the sniper rifle ribbon.
I was thinking the same thing too actually. I'm done with nearly all of the classes except for Recon. P much all of the battle rifles kinda suck (the MK11 and SVD were godly in the beta, the SKS is decent and I haven't used the M39 yet.) and unless you're awesome at headshotting the bolt actions are still a bit tough to wield (imo, but that's cuz i have terrible aim :3 ). Yeah you can use the PDWs but other weapons kinda overpower them. I do a lot of work spotting as a recon but I'm not getting nearly enough points to level up compared to the other classes.

It's like I have no desire to play Recon unless we're doing really terrible in a rush map and we need a spawn bacon which THEN gets discovered/destroyed really easily too.

olimpia84

CatPee said:
Speaking of which, has anyone else noticed that Frostbite Freezes are WAY less common now? No more save freeze at the beginning, and I only froze once last night, which reminded me of the lack of FBF. That was the first freeze in ~35 hours of playtime too.

Yes, they are not as frequent as in BC2, thank God.

Advice on Recon:
  • Use either semi-autos(mod 11) or PDWs.
  • Besides manual spotting in air, the MAV will also auto-spot anything that is with in its radius (look at your mini-map). So it's best to stay on top of the objectives instead of flying it around too much.
  • If you think the T-UGS' range and beep is not good enough, use a MAV and set it down at one location. The MAV will act as a t-ugs with wider range + louder beep.
  • Motion sensors will spot irregardless of terrain level/height. Don't place them on an open road. Place them under a wreckage, on top of crates, or if you're using a MAV - fly it to the top of a unreachable area (ex: balconies)
  • Something everyone should know by now: Beacons out doors = parachute in. Beacons under something with a ceiling/top = spawn indoors.
  • The best place to place a beacon? Inside crates -especially stacked crates. Second best? areas with low visibility/light.
  • The class is not meant to be a one man army. See vehicles? run. A whole squad of enemies? run. Teammates are all crap? change class.
  • Personally, the class is best for flanking.

I've said that playing recon is generally a SPM + points suicide.
However, I was still able to obtain recon service star 1 while maintaining a 350+SPM. Flank and take the objective well you'll and still be able to succeed in the general points department.

XLsDm.jpg

-and then DICE will boost the class the very next day F***

TheSeks

Fuck the semi-autos. MK11 is trash. I'm using it to unlock it's shit, but after that I'm dumping it and never looking back. HATE THE SEMI-AUTO RIFLES. HATE.

Even the SV98 (which I'm not partial to) is even better than any of the semi-auto snipers in the game.

TheSeks said:
Fuck the semi-autos. MK11 is trash. I'm using it to unlock it's shit, but after that I'm dumping it and never looking back. HATE THE SEMI-AUTO RIFLES. HATE.

Even the SV98 (which I'm not partial to) is even better than any of the semi-auto snipers in the game.

Then stick to the bolt if you're happy. Personally the sv98 sways too much on my end.

Personally, I'm very angry that DICE decided to make the VSS/AS VAL an all kit weapon. Hence leaving the recon class with nothing but people who want to stay "static" and snipe.

Ok, for real...

BF3 might be the first game to give me a seizure..

Sure the blinding flash lights and lasers suck coming from 23 other players into my face...but now the green strobe light affect..wtf is that?

Sometimes its occasional, sometimes I feel my eyes start roll back as the every 2 seconds its GREEN GREEN GREEN..

What the heck is even causing this? I know when my 360 was about to die it turned blue & yellow so this has me worried. Is BF3 killing our PS3's?

TheSeks

Pkm said:
What the heck is even causing this? I know when my 360 was about to die it turned blue & yellow so this has me worried. Is BF3 killing our PS3's?

No. It's an engine thingy. They have to patch/fix it.

Dream said:
Then stick to the bolt if you're happy. Personally the sv98 sways too much on my end.

I will when I get all the unlocks for the MK11 in points. Semi-autos are trash. Fire/spam three shots at an enemy get three hit markers in the chest and they aren't dead. Fuck that shit.

Personally, I'm very angry that DICE decided to make the VSS/AS VAL an all kit weapon.

Perosnally, I'm very angry that DICe decided to not put the GOL in the game. It's the only sniper rifle worth a damn.

TheSeks said:
I will when I get all the unlocks for the MK11 in points. Semi-autos are trash. Fire/spam three shots at an enemy get three hit markers in the chest and they aren't dead. Fuck that shit.

Perosnally, I'm very angry that DICe decided to not put the GOL in the game. It's the only sniper rifle worth a damn.

No one appreciates a good recon in this game anyway. So who cares.

Personally, every other class should be nerfed to stop all the point heaven giveaways/Engineer the only worthwhile class to play half the time

So what classic BF2 weapons do you think we will get?
They said we will be getting some classics with the Karkand maps right?

I'm pretty sure we will see the 36E, since that was the gun EVERYBODY used besides the AK.

I know a couple things I'd LOVE to see them implament for some classes.
Zip line and/or grappling hook were amazingly fun in SF, tear gas was great too, people would likely use it more then they did in BF:SF.

I think it be nice if some classes could drop the permanent gadgets for some new toys.

Top Bottom