• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Milly79

Dreamgazer said:
No one appreciates a good recon in this game anyway. So who cares.

Personally, every other class should be nerfed to stop all the point heaven giveaways/Engineer the only worthwhile class to play half the time

It's pretty easy to get MVP 1/2/3 as a recon with kills only... Marksman's add up quickly. You may not get a ton of award score, but base score you will.

Pkm said:
So what classic BF2 weapons do you think we will get?
They said we will be getting some classics with the Karkand maps right?

This was suprising to me that they wanted to include weapons in the expansion, is it going to be like Vietnam expansion for BFBC2 that it's completely separate? I wish they would just include the maps in the normal game's rotation.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Noisepurge said:
This was suprising to me that they wanted to include weapons in the expansion, is it going to be like Vietnam expansion for BFBC2 that it's completely separate? I wish they would just include the maps in the normal game's rotation.

It's a tossup. Demize said they're included in normal rotation since the weapons will be in vanilla maps as well. Battlefield's twitter said "LOL NO" but people bitch slapped them and they retracted with a "LOL YES" so who the fuck knows.

Also Caspian Border: No ladder up the radio tower, apparently that was in the beta. WTF DICE.

Dreamgazer said:
No one appreciates a good recon in this game anyway. So who cares.

Raise the "spot assist" bonus up quite a bit. But then everyone would go recon and MAV spot forever while getting nothing done.

Frankly, shitty recons (see: No MAV/T-UGS/spawn beacons) are worse than LOL POINTS. Get on a random squad that is nothing but recons while you're the only recon using the PP-2000/Shotgun/PDW and get rolled down the map because no one else puts a T-UGS down.

Milly79 said:
It's pretty easy to get MVP 1/2/3 as a recon with kills only... Marksman's add up quickly. You may not get a ton of award score, but base score you will.

TDM in particular. Too bad I can't stand sniping.
However, like I said before, it is not impossible to get MVP 1/2/3 as a recon (assuming you're any good):
Dreamgazer said:
I've said that playing recon is generally a SPM + points suicide.
However, I was still able to obtain recon service star 1 while maintaining a 350+SPM. Flank and take the objective well you'll and still be able to succeed in the general points department.

--------------------------
TheSeks said:
Raise the "spot assist" bonus up quite a bit. But then everyone would go recon and MAV spot forever while getting nothing done.

Frankly, shitty recons (see: No MAV/T-UGS/spawn beacons) are worse than LOL POINTS. Get on a random squad that is nothing but recons while you're the only recon using the PP-2000/Shotgun/PDW and get rolled down the map because no one else puts a T-UGS down.

Quite frankly, that's the reason why I don't want to comment on mike's idea of buffing spot assist bonuses. If just mere spotting alone will get you points, the horrible randoms will be even less inclines to bother (like our rush games yesterday where the enemies had 2 MAVs up on firestorm or uselessly have a mav up on seine crossing set 1.)

Too much firepower boost/anti-vehicle measures will just let people forget about all the other great supporting tools that recon has.

Personally:
Engineers should have gotten PDWs, and recons certain exclusive carbines.
SOFLAM should been switched to support - so that engineer/support/recon all have some sort of "static" kit (EDI, soflam, mav, etc.), while recon get C4 for flanking.

TheSeks

The MAV on set one there is okay, it can help spot people while you're attempting to get close to B. But that whole area is a huge chokepoint and you can't really sneak around the back to put a beacon behind lines. DICE needs to move the out of bounds on some of the maps a bit. But as it is, I absolutely hate Sienne Crossing Conquest OR Rush. Just a terrible terrible shitty map all around with snipers in buildings, having to climb stairs while avoiding grenades claymores only to eat a shotgun or LMG on that stairs.

In addition to the chokepoints where theres little flanking routes.

TheSeks said:
The MAV on set one there is okay, it can help spot people while you're attempting to get close to B. But that whole area is a huge chokepoint and you can't really sneak around the back to put a beacon behind lines. DICE needs to move the out of bounds on some of the maps a bit. But as it is, I absolutely hate Sienne Crossing Conquest OR Rush. Just a terrible terrible shitty map all around with snipers in buildings, having to climb stairs while avoiding grenades claymores only to eat a shotgun or LMG on that stairs.

In addition to the chokepoints where theres little flanking routes.

MY problem with MAV on the first set is:
Crossing is one of those maps with exceptionally low height ceilings. Unless your team is winning, pulling the mav up there is often 1) asking to be shot down 2)relatively useless since you can't get into key areas (ex: B) easily. If you really wanted to use it in such a setting, the random should have flown it into the 3rd floor/roof of one of the buildings near B and just lay it there (where no one can get to it).

Instead he flew it all over the place, unable to get into B, and constantly got shot down.

BTW, Ejas, if you don't reply to my pm within 24 hours, then the dr pepper code will go to someone else based on random number selection.

:)

Xux

Pkm said:
So what classic BF2 weapons do you think we will get?
They said we will be getting some classics with the Karkand maps right?

I'm pretty sure we will see the 36E, since that was the gun EVERYBODY used besides the AK.

I know a couple things I'd LOVE to see them implament for some classes.
Zip line and/or grappling hook were amazingly fun in SF, tear gas was great too, people would likely use it more then they did in BF:SF.

I think it be nice if some classes could drop the permanent gadgets for some new toys.
The names for the B2K guns were leaked with the beta:
Assault: FAMAS, L85
Engineer: HK53, QBZ-97
Support: MG36, QBB-95
Recon: Type 88, L96
All Kit: PP-19, Jackhammer

Jas

Dreamgazer said:
BTW, Ejas, if you don't reply to my pm within 24 hours, then the dr pepper code will go to someone else based on random number selection.

:)

Replied! Sorry Dreamgazer, I hardly ever get private messages and didn't notice :(

rdrr gnr

If a bad player chooses to only mark enemies with the MAV the entire game, isn't that a good thing? That's probably the most they'll contribute the entire game. You have to reconcile the notion of complementing a good player with distracting a bad player all the time in video games. This is no different.

I didn't know the MAV's radius for marking was so large, good tip, I'll try leaving it stationary more than I have.

MuseManMike said:
If a bad player chooses to only mark enemies with the MAV the entire game, isn't that a good thing? That's probably the most they'll contribute the entire game. You have to reconcile the notion of complementing a good player with distracting a bad player all the time in video games. This is no different.

I didn't know the MAV's radius for marking was so large, good tip, I'll try leaving it stationary more than I have.

My problem is that at least the current incentive to most people is to play engineer/support most of the time. They are powerful classes to play with huge point incentives. In those cases, you can at least expect even the worst player to be able to just "shoot/rocket stuff". Now, if you were to buff mav to the point where its close to engineer/support points reward level, my concern is that we'll have more of those "hey we need 2+ MAVs up in the air......not" situations. Just like all the kiddies who decide it's a good idea for them to fly around in a Jet all day, even though they're horrible at it.

There are 2 problems to the mav:
1)You have to assume the bad players knows how to use the MAV properly. Some people fly that thing without knowing that it can manually spot far away targets. Vice versa, some people fly that thing without knowing that it can auto-spot people within a certain range (whatever the mini-map covers during the mav piloting screen.) Worst, some idiots would just stalk one enemy with the mav, thinking that they're helping the team.

2)Even among really good players, there are some people that just don't read the mini-map actively. Recon is very much a "if people don't use your help, it is useless" class. Bad recons who don't get that will further waste their time staying on the MAV.

Basically - I rather have someone who blindly shoot at anything that moves more than a useless MAV pilot.

The other day Seks, rockscar, calion and I were in a rush defense match. I decided to run the MAV and spot people - having confidence that the other 3 will guard the base in place. Little did I consider the fact that rockscar, calion +most of the team were very much offensive type players. This created a situation where: most of the team were in the front lines, enemies have breached at home, Sekoku the only one guarding - while I stayed on the mav dreaming people will notice and come back in.

Nope. We got constantly pushed back. By the time I realize the errors of my ways, we were already pushed back to the third set (while most our team still thought being "offensive" was the way to go.), then fourth then lost.

-> then seks rage.
(and having lived through that sort of "guard the base all by myself bs, I understand his rage.)

GenericUser

accidently entered a game of rush last night.

I wish DICE would make an option to mute the sirens. I can't stand this annoying WOAP WOAP WOAP WOAP sound. This alone make rush unplayable for me, seriously. I become hectic and immediatly enter rage mode when I notice that my teammates are camping around, although we are loosing our bases and they should instead get their asses up and disarm that bomb!

Milly79

Dreamgazer said:
TDM in particular. Too bad I can't stand sniping.
However, like I said before, it is not impossible to get MVP 1/2/3 as a recon (assuming you're any good)

Case in point:

well, nevermind. The battlelog won't show the stats.

Anyway, I was 8-0 with 3,300 points, MVP 2. We lost, but it doesn't matter to me. I find other ways to have fun rather than looking at my win/loss ratio.

TheSeks

Game keeps freezing on me, I think I'm going to take a break. :/

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
Anyway, I was 8-0 with 3,300 points, MVP 2. We lost, but it doesn't matter to me. I find other ways to have fun rather than looking at my win/loss ratio.
This is exactly why I don't play BF3 with you anymore. :lol

Milly79

Marvie_3 said:
This is exactly why I don't play BF3 with you anymore. :lol

Do you think I really care?

That's the reason I feel bad for putting myself onto the GAF GT list and declining friend requests. I simply don't want to piss people off with my playing style and I knew it would. I'd rather defend all day than attack.

So, I played a bit of Co-op (Easy) with a mate of mine, purely to unlock some weapons and was totally gutted upon realising that the torturous 15 minute slog we just subjected ourselves to yielded only 9,000 points.

Fuck.

That.

Why should I have to partake in Co-op to unlock weapons for Versus Multiplayer? For all intents and purposes, they're not even remotely related.

Screw you, Dice! Stop shoving your beyond-mediocre "extra" content down my throat with your exclusive unlocks and extra disc!

rdrr gnr

mickcenary said:
So, I played a bit of Co-op (Easy) with a mate of mine, purely to unlock some weapons and was totally gutted upon realising that the torturous 15 minute slog we just subjected ourselves to yielded only 9,000 points.

Fuck.

That.

Why should I have to partake in Co-op to unlock weapons for Versus Multiplayer? For all intents and purposes, they're not even remotely related.

Screw you, Dice! Stop shoving your beyond-mediocre "extra" content down my throat with your exclusive unlocks and extra disc!
I heard they were nerfing the unlock point quota? I've avoided co-op because I'm not hearing good things.

TheSeks

mickcenary said:

Fuck.

That.

You should be playing on hard in the first place. Good luck at mission 3. ;) ;)

Mission 4 is worth playing co-op mode for alone, though.

>>Nerf Co-op<<

If that nerf includes a lax alert status for Ninja/Bullseye. Great, otherwise: SMH DICE.

CatPee

TheSeks said:
You should be playing on hard in the first place. Good luck at mission 3. ;) ;)

Holy shit. olimpia and I attempted that yesterday and got completely destroyed right after the gate was C4'd. And this was on Normal. :(

TheSeks

CatPee said:
Holy shit. olimpia and I attempted that yesterday and got completely destroyed right after the gate was C4'd. And this was on Normal. :(

I got lucky with a random. Did you get Ninja during that mission as well? I think it's damn near impossible for me since even Stallion Free, a PC gamer, that attempted it and CAN HEAR THE OTHER PERSON said it's damn near impossible.

Same with Bullseye.

eek5

TheSeks said:
I got lucky with a random. Did you get Ninja during that mission as well? I think it's damn near impossible for me since even Stallion Free, a PC gamer, that attempted it and CAN HEAR THE OTHER PERSON said it's damn near impossible.

Same with Bullseye.
I got it. It's complete bullshit. It's funny because I was only alerted once on the hardest shot (camera+guy). All of the failures I had were on the first fucking set of guys (WTF?) I don't know what alerts them but it is way too sensitive. How a dead person runs and hits the alarm boggles my mind lol

TheSeks

eek5 said:
I got it. It's complete bullshit. It's funny because I was only alerted once on the hardest shot (camera+guy). All of the failures I had were on the first fucking set of guys (WTF?) I don't know what alerts them but it is way too sensitive. How a dead person runs and hits the alarm boggles my mind lol

Yeah, Tandem Shot 1 in Mission 3 and 5 (after you get up the sewers) are bullshit. I've only passed the one in Mission 3 ONCE only to fail the second tandem shot. WTF, DICE? Even the Achievement videos have it being really lax like a second or two after the one person kills one. But in the retail/real-world it seems you have to take the shot at the same time and even then they get alerted. WTF?

CatPee

TheSeks said:

Same with Bullseye.

Nah, voice chat lag/lag in general kinda broke it. Along with the ridiculous oversensitive enemies who can magically ring alarms right after being shot in the head, of course.

TheSeks

CatPee said:
Nah, voice chat lag/lag in general kinda broke it. Along with the ridiculous oversensitive enemies who can magically ring alarms right after being shot in the head, of course.

Haha. So you couldn't get past the first tandem shot either, huh? Fersis needs to strangle DICE over those in addition to no MP-443/M9 on the other team but we can have the primary/starting guns for those teams as a last level unlock. WTF, DICE? Oh and fix the goddamn anti-air on Norshal Canals
But not until I unlock everything on that thing. Trollface.jpg

Soma

okay wow i had no idea the MAV could be used as a motion sensor and that you can set it somewhere and just leave it there and it'll still work. i'll probs be using that more instead of the tugs. seems like it'd be really effective in places like Grand Bazaar and Seine.

though i doubt i'll get much out of it since i play with stupid randoms most of the time. <_<

If you guys want to farm points in Co-op, here's how my friend and I did it.

Play the last mission(11th hour iirc) on easy. Run through until you get to the part where the cops are rushing the bank. Now turn on your wild wild west mode, aka use the game's auto aim to farm dem points. If you apply a little pressure to the LT it will snap to the enemies head and you can single shot them relatively quickly. There's an ammo box in the subway, so you can run back when you run out of rounds.

We only resorted to this after we got tired of beating the other levels on hard, bc it is kind of tedious. Terrible idea tying MP guns to co-op, but whatever, the G3 is beast.

TheSeks said:
Fuck the semi-autos. MK11 is trash. I'm using it to unlock it's shit, but after that I'm dumping it and never looking back. HATE THE SEMI-AUTO RIFLES. HATE.

Even the SV98 (which I'm not partial to) is even better than any of the semi-auto snipers in the game.
i haven't touched the bolts yet, but i love the semis! probably because i don't really snipe with them and use them like i did the M14/M1 GARAND in BC2... asd then i unlocked the IRNV, they got even more awesome!

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
i haven't touched the bolts yet, but i love the semis! probably because i don't really snipe with them and use them like i did the M14/M1 GARAND in BC2... asd then i unlocked the IRNV, they got even more awesome!

I used someones SV98 and it's pretty good. Not GOL awesome, but I'd take it over any semi-auto sniper rifle anyday.

The semi-autos suck as sniper rifles, maybe they're meant to be played as VSS's but I never could adjust to the switch of scope in close-range combat to where I felt they sucked in BC2.

Maybe taking the scope off it and running it like the M1 Garand is better, but I tried that once and felt the iron sights sucked plus it didn't really work as a "close range gun."

Semi-autos are trash, IMO. If you're going to snipe you make the one-two shots count. Otherwise you might as well be fighting up close with a shotgun or PDW.

Dr Prob

Banned
I had good luck with the MK11/holo sight (who knows why. these things are different for everyone). Liking the SV98/4x scope right now as well. That thing pops. Pop!

Managed to get the ribbons that had been eluding me last night/this morning, all by pure luck.

Suppression in this clusterfuck of a rush match on Damavand. Team completely broke down attacking the last crate, spawned into a mess in the right tunnel and just went nuts with the PKP, wildly firing full auto at nothing in particular*.

Emplaced as I was chasing a sniper near the RU spawn on Highway CQ. Happened to hear a tank rolling by, jumped on the stationary doodad over there and voila. I'd been trying to manufacture this ribbon for days, then it just goes driving by.

And the air vehicle ribbon with a random awesome pilot.

Feels good. Still need the knife one though. Thought I had it sewn up as I came across a bunch of idiot snipers hanging out in our base, but some minutes later figured out that I had the HUD glitch and those were my teammates. "This knife if so fucking glitchy!" :D

*err, suppressing. Yeah, that's it.

Xux

Joined on Scorch9 andAMTRAC'd the shit out of people. Still my favorite vehicle even though it's often neglected.

Scorch leaves two games later for this annoying match. I bring up the rear and clean up with an LAV and then destroy some flankers and a guy trying to steal an Abrams off the hover craft with my own Abrams and then laugh at all of the AT mines with my Thermal Optics. Team seems to be doing well enough so I grab a jet next spawn but they get stuck on the last crate. :(

Daigoro

TheSeks said:
The Physical Warfare pack, yes.

huh, didnt realize that it included weapons. is this the one that is supposed to come out free for everyone at some point?

TheSeks said:

Same with Bullseye.

dunno what Stallions problem was, but Ninjas was really easy. i can imagine it would be a lot harder without real time communication though.

Bullseye on the other hand is fucked. that whole mission is really fucking wonky. headshots dont seem to register like 65% of the time or more, and random Mission Failed's abound.

i havent spent any real time trying to beat it with no alerts, but just playing through the mission in general is a real pain.

mickcenary said:
Why should I have to partake in Co-op to unlock weapons for Versus Multiplayer?

Because DICE wanted to enforce people playing it, i understand them in a way, that they have made this mode and Campaign too and they want people to play them too.

But i would have just given the guns for a single playthrough. Now they force us to grind these same missions and it's far from enjoyable.

TheSeks said:
I used someones SV98 and it's pretty good. Not GOL awesome, but I'd take it over any semi-auto sniper rifle anyday.

I have a lot of fun using the SV98 without any scopes. Good for practicing accuracy too!

TheSeks said:

The semi-autos suck as sniper rifles, maybe they're meant to be played as VSS's but I never could adjust to the switch of scope in close-range combat to where I felt they sucked in BC2.

Maybe taking the scope off it and running it like the M1 Garand is better, but I tried that once and felt the iron sights sucked plus it didn't really work as a "close range gun."

Semi-autos are trash, IMO. If you're going to snipe you make the one-two shots count. Otherwise you might as well be fighting up close with a shotgun or PDW.
yeah, i took off the scope, and as soon as i got a ... was it 4x? i equipped it, then i went to red dot, then IRNV

and of course, i get the stationary ribbon without even trying...

ONLY SUPPRESSION LEFT, RANDOM DUDES STOP WALKING INTO MY BULLETS

yeah i didn't have any problems on the stationary one, any conquest match in Caspian Border can net that easy.

Does the Suppression perk make the effect come more often? Would equipping it help on that.

Noisepurge said:
yeah i didn't have any problems on the stationary one, any conquest match in Caspian Border can net that easy.

Does the Suppression perk make the effect come more often? Would equipping it help on that.
every time i tried, i wouldn't get the kill... then randomly, i manage to get a kill on a weakened tank with the driver still in right after i finish setting up a SOFLAM, then seconds later another dude just runs around a fence and right at me so i nail him. doens't the suppression spec make it affect yourself less?

doesn't the suppression spec make it affect yourself less?

There are two different ones see, the COVR perk reduces the effects on you. But the SUPR perk makes the effect greater on your enemies.

But i don't know if it really just makes the visual effect greater on enemies or actually makes the suppression field larger, hence making it easier to get those suppression bonuses.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Anyone looking for a PS3 CoOp partner?

rdrr gnr

and of course, i get the stationary ribbon without even trying...

ONLY SUPPRESSION LEFT, RANDOM DUDES STOP WALKING INTO MY BULLETS
Really? I got it on my first attempt. Equip the M60 if you have it with no stabilizing attachment (bipod or foregrip), grab B on OM conquest, sit oriented towards and shoot at the red flanking stairs (the staircase that leads to that long hallway to the third base B plant in Rush). Don't tap just hold down the trigger and if you start getting hit makers, shoot up into the air above them. Also use squad suppression.

I'd seriously rather get 20 suppression ribbons that this one fucking M-Com defense ribbon. Trade?

Dreamgazer said:
Wait till the co-op nerf man. Might not be worth it right now.
My question is, where the fuck are any of these supposed changes? So much needs goddamn fixing. Do you think they can patch-out SP? I'd like that.

TheSeks

MuseManMike said:
My question is, where the fuck are any of these supposed changes? So much needs goddamn fixing. Do you think they can patch-out SP? I'd like that.

WillyWonka"YouMustBeNewHere".jpg

Welcome to DICE, you'll be waiting a while.

TheSeks

still waiting on that artillery glitch fix in BC1!

Hey they fixed the (impossible to get without boosting) I AM BAD COMPANY! glitch, so don't look gift horses in the mouth.

Top Bottom