• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

olimpia84

A27 Tawpgun said:
"If you play assault as a recon you'll get more points."

Kind of dumb it has to come to that...

Not really, I much rather have assault-like-recons on my team (exactly what I did in BC2) that go for the objective instead of the useless ones that snipe from a secluded part of the map and get 2 or 3 kills during the entire match. Even worse, they removed the Mortar Strike option in BF3... at least that was a bit more useful for those that liked to snipe since they could always call a mortar strike when an MCOM was armed or to take down a building full of people.

I think the one change the Recon class needs is what faceless said, give them more points for spots/laser assists and have the TUGs count towards motion assists like the MAV. That, and also include the option to carry C4 like the Support class or call mortar strikes like in BC2...I find it stupid that in a game that's more 'vehicle focused' only two classes have the ability to take them down (engineers and support).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
When DICE give me lemons, Faceless gives me lemonade.

Removing the default scope suddenly made the SVD slightly good. I still prefer non-semi autos but I can at least work with this. I need to try it on the MK11.

I find it stupid that in a game that's more 'vehicle focused' only two classes have the ability to take them down (engineers and support).

Three. Assault/Medic with an M320 can damage tanks. It requires a support help to take it down completely.

olimpia84

TheSeks said:
Three. Assault/Medic with an M320 can damage tanks. It requires a support help to take it down completely.

If that's the case then all classes can take out tanks (grenades) but it will take foreverrr.

TheSeks

olimpia84 said:
If that's the case then all classes can take out tanks (grenades) but it will take foreverrr.

Grenades don't do 20% damage like the M320.

eternaLightness said:
Also wish body shots at close range were one hit kills. =/

Yeah, that's the most annoying part for me. Think they wanted to stop people running around no scoping.

I just get my pistol out normally if I'm in a close quarters area.

TheSeks

Noisepurge said:
If they would only make C4 available to Assault or Recon like in BFBC2 :p

Why, so it completely nerfs tanks to the point of useless? Recons should run. Same with medics. Assault shouldn't even be C4ing tanks. That's the engineers job to kill them. Class-based gameplay! How does it work!?

olimpia84 said:
Not really, I much rather have assault-like-recons on my team (exactly what I did in BC2) that go for the objective instead of the useless ones that snipe from a secluded part of the map and get 2 or 3 kills during the entire match. Even worse, they removed the Mortar Strike option in BF3... at least that was a bit more useful for those that liked to snipe since they could always call a mortar strike when an MCOM was armed or to take down a building full of people.

I think the one change the Recon class needs is what faceless said, give them more points for spots/laser assists and have the TUGs count towards motion assists like the MAV. That, and also include the option to carry C4 like the Support class or call mortar strikes like in BC2...I find it stupid that in a game that's more 'vehicle focused' only two classes have the ability to take them down (engineers and support).
their role was refined. they get the MAV to spot people so Supports can call in mortars. they get the SOFLAM to mark targets to Engineers can Javelin. they get the T-UGS/MAV so they can relay enemy positions for their team to kill.

TheSeks said:
Why, so it completely nerfs tanks to the point of useless? Recons should run. Same with medics. Assault shouldn't even be C4ing tanks. That's the engineers job to kill them. Class-based gameplay! How does it work!?
yeah, the only problem with that is Engineer guns are AWESOME. BC1 was so awesome with Demolitions class having Shotguns. you were SCREWED outside of close range!

Bruiserk

zh1nt0 said:
Console?

You can choose either a 3 flag setup or a 5 flag setup based on servers available in the server browser.
The Faceless Master said:
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...-3-flags-b2k-maps-console-5.html#post20364537

also, i just realized that with the server browser, DICE can theoretically have some servers with just B2K maps, some with just the OG BF3 maps and some servers with all of them...

5 flags for consoles? I don't know the size of the maps, but if they are as big as Caspian Border that will seem pretty barren.

TheSeks

I'm not pissy with you, Starfish: But that's why you need an engineer for that thing. It's BROKEN if it stays up. Those first two sets I could've locked down if you stayed engineer instead of quickly switching to Recon. >_>

Edit: Hate hardcore. Mumblegrumble.

rdrr gnr

MiniBossBattle said:
I enjoy playing this game with fellow GAF'ers. Kind of wish more people talked. I actually miss MuscleMike's salty language.
Who the fuck is MuscleMike?

Skype, bro. I'll be playing tonight.

meppi

Holy crap. This was probably the most insane game I've seen so far.

Nearly the whole match it was just Me, Mancunian11, Olimpia and Neliah along with one random against a team of 9 players.
So 5 vs 9 for 90% of the game and we still kicked their asses from here to Bagdad. lol

Such a crazy game.
Never thought we'd pull it off with all the run and gunning we'd been doing.
Quite a few BC2 moments in there.
It's games like these that I wish we had a battleRecorder...

olimpia84

meppi said:
Holy crap. This was probably the most insane game I've seen so far.

Nearly the whole match it was just Me, Mancunian11, Olimpia and Neliah along with one random against a team of 9 players.
So 5 vs 9 for 90% of the game and we still kicked their asses from here to Bagdad. lol

Such a crazy game.
Never thought we'd pull it off with all the run and gunning we'd been doing.
Quite a few BC2 moments in there.
It's games like these that I wish we had a battleRecorder...

Yeah that was crazy and a very good challenge. It was even worst when you guys left for the next match lol
Fortunately Catpee joined me and we took care of business.

meppi

olimpia84 said:
Yeah that was crazy and a very good challenge. It was even worst when you guys left for the next match lol
Fortunately Catpee joined me and we took care of business.
Yeah, sorry about that.
It's 1AM here right now so I should already be in bed as I'm typing this.
Same for mancunian as he works at the same place I do. ;)
Gonna get up at a decent hour to get to work, so we couldn't stay even though we wanted to. :)

Poyunch

So I've been aching to buy this game but I'm not sure if my laptop can run it.

Ran my PC through System Requirements Lab and got this:

CPU:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU U 520 @ 1.07GHz
CPU Speed: 1.1 GHz
RAM: 3.8 GB
Windows 7 64 bit
3.6 GB of Video RAM
Pixel Shader v. 4.1
Vertex Shader v. 4.1

I definitely don't meet the recommended amount of RAM off by .2 and it recommends v. 5.0 for the shader but if I turn set some settings to low do you guys think it run decently?

PounchEnvy said:

Well this is the console thread, noob.:p

Kidding, I have no idea or I'd help you myself.

Popped in because I'm on the fence here. Like, I'm literally between getting up right now and going to get it (for PS3) or continuing to wait for things like patches, a timesavers pack, DLC, etc.

But I guess if I'm this torn, I don't really want it, right?

Goddamnit.

Milly79

NEOPARADIGM said:
Well this is the console thread, noob.:p

Kidding, I have no idea or I'd help you myself.

Popped in because I'm on the fence here. Like, I'm literally between getting up right now and going to get it (for PS3) or continuing to wait for things like patches, a timesavers pack, DLC, etc.

But I guess if I'm this torn, I don't really want it, right?

Goddamnit.

Just go get it. It's tons of fun.

I know a lot of people have issues, but I generally just look past them. The game is a blast and probably my favorite MP game ever.

It's amazing what playing with competitvely balanced teams that are actually objective-minded does for this game. I just had probably my best round of Conquest yet with a mate on Kharg. We won by about 15 tickets and we were both carrying our team.

It was fucking rad.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
mickcenary said:
It's amazing what playing with competitvely balanced teams that are actually objective-minded does for this game. I just had probably my best round of Conquest yet with a mate on Kharg. We won by about 15 tickets and we were both carrying our team.

It was fucking rad.
Had one of those yesterday. So much fun.

TheSeks

PounchEnvy said:

Ran my PC through System Requirements Lab and got this:

CPU:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU U 520 @ 1.07GHz
CPU Speed: 1.1 GHz
RAM: 3.8 GB
Windows 7 64 bit
3.6 GB of Video RAM
Pixel Shader v. 4.1
Vertex Shader v. 4.1

I definitely don't meet the recommended amount of RAM off by .2 and it recommends v. 5.0 for the shader but if I turn set some settings to low do you guys think it run decently?

Your graphics card is the biggest thing that needs to be worried about. Well, that and the RAM.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
CatPee, sorry bro my PS3 froze after that match... It's been acting up all day. I think I killed it w/ Skyrim. :(

Couple times I put the bird in the dirt, sorry... I honestly don't know what happened. Really glitchy.

Almost made an epic comeback but then the other side was just too stacked... some gaffers came in midway and joined the other side even though we were already undermanned.

edit: also I realize I'm incredibly annoying on the mic, but apparently this is something I cannot control. lol

CatPee

Evolved1 said:
CatPee, sorry bro my PS3 froze after that match... It's been acting up all day. I think I killed it w/ Skyrim. :(

Couple times I put the bird in the dirt, sorry... I honestly don't know what happened. Really glitchy.

Almost made an epic comeback but then the other side was just too stacked... some gaffers came in midway and joined the other side even though we were already undermanned.

edit: also I realize I'm incredibly annoying on the mic, but apparently this is something I cannot control. lol

It's not like the game's shitty audio balancing and VOIP would even allow me to hear what you were saying anyway. :p

TheSeks

Today's highlight is that aboved link game where Starfish finally goes Engineer to keep me and the anti-air wagon up. TTP, Dave, and pwonager were on the other team. Cue them and their team pinging me with about 3-5 rockets at a time while Starfish continues to repair me and keep me alive so I hold them off from B third set of Canals rush.

Sorry, TTP. :lol The game split us up and then no one was rushing over there so I took it to break the map + unlock the anti-air wagon stuff. Once I'm done with that I'm done with trolling people with it unless I'm really pissed off. But the anti-air missile + disabling a person after they pop-flares to mow them down with the machine gun is hilarious. You attempted to hit me like five times with it and couldn't do it, sorry man. :(

Daigoro

god, so many words and all of them so wrong. life must be tough being such an uptight bitch. im somewhat of an uptight bitch myself, so i know, but you are certainly the queen of uptight bitches Seks.

anyone arguing that the Recon class in BF3 is not underpowered compared to the BC2 Recon is factually wrong. that is all.

so, i was playing Recon today and i swear that the T-UGS actually does give you spot bonuses. but they are really really rare. i was using it all morning and would randomly get spot bonuses when i was sure that i hadnt manually spotted anyone. i think something is broken unless its actually designed to only give you a spot bonus when someone gets a kill just as the beep is sounding and they light up on the mini-map.

and the T-UGS blowing up when you die and get revived is baloney. nothing like being a naked shitty class with no equipment and shitty weapons.

i dunno, it being able to last forever unless destroyed is pretty awesome from a defensive standpoint.

yeah, that helps. but it just seems a lot less useful than motion sensors did. partly because of the way it only shows enemies periodically, and party because you cant really use it offensively. well, you can, but its a lot more difficult to do so.

it has it's uses though.

TheSeks

Daigoro said:
anyone arguing that the Recon class in BF3 is not underpowered compared to the BC2 Recon is factually wrong. that is all.

Cry more while I flank and kill enemies. The only "nerf" in the class is the equipment being fucked up on respawn in addition to points. Recon is completely fine and requires being active in the round compared to BC2 where "sitting at a point and sniping" was the main focus of the class/weapons in addition to all that recon did in BC2 for randoms.

Fact: Shitty recons complain about "recon nerf" in BF3. Decent recons deal with it and contribute to the team. Which one are you? Oh, right, the "uptight bitch" that bitches about needing points instead of slowing enemies advances and giving their teammates a heads up in knowing where the enemy is. My bad.

Daigoro

ha ha.

TheSeks said:
Cry more while I flank and kill enemies. The only "nerf" in the class is the equipment being fucked up on respawn in addition to points. Recon is completely fine and requires being active in the round compared to BC2 where "sitting at a point and sniping" was the main focus of the class/weapons in addition to all that recon did in BC2 for randoms.

Fact: Shitty recons complain about "recon nerf" in BF3. Decent recons deal with it and contribute to the team. Which one are you? Oh, right, the "uptight bitch" that bitches about needing points instead of slowing enemies advances and giving their teammates a heads up in knowing where the enemy is. My bad.

you must be joking. now i know its all an act. this is madness.

TheSeks

Meanwhile: The MK11 semi-auto has really terrible iron sights, Faceless. The SVD Dragonov is a lot better with iron sights. And I still can't seem to wrap my head around the practical use of thermal/IRNV on snipers. Seems way pointless if you're going sniping and way impractical to "scope" if you aren't.

Oh lawd, been playing a while with the IRNV scope on my M416. I get the feeling i'm handicapped if i start to use another gun. Especially in the nighttime levels.

I hope they remove the IRNV scope alltogether or make it inoperable during daylight or reduce the heat range by 90% because it really is so cheap and i don't want to use any other scope because i instantly feel like other players have an unfair advantage because they sure as hell are using them.

And yeah i know that if i'm a good player i don't need it but it really is way way out of balance in comparison to any and all other scopes. It really makes sneaking around and staying hidden in bushes useless when you know you are actually lit up like a discoball.

/end rant

Noisepurge said:
Oh lawd, been playing a while with the IRNV scope on my M416. I get the feeling i'm handicapped if i start to use another gun. Especially in the nighttime levels.

I hope they remove the IRNV scope alltogether or make it inoperable during daylight or reduce the heat range by 90% because it really is so cheap and i don't want to use any other scope because i instantly feel like other players have an unfair advantage because they sure as hell are using them.

And yeah i know that if i'm a good player i don't need it but it really is way way out of balance in comparison to any and all other scopes. It really makes sneaking around and staying hidden in bushes useless when you know you are actually lit up like a discoball.

/end rant
Truth - it's all I use anymore because it's so easy mode.

TheSeks said:
Meanwhile: The MK11 semi-auto has really terrible iron sights, Faceless. The SVD Dragonov is a lot better with iron sights. And I still can't seem to wrap my head around the practical use of thermal/IRNV on snipers. Seems way pointless if you're going sniping and way impractical to "scope" if you aren't.
no way, it's awesome for scoping and good for almost-mid-range sniping

as far as irons go, i don't remember having problems with either of those

TheSeks

no way, it's awesome for scoping and good for almost-mid-range sniping

as far as irons go, i don't remember having problems with either of those

But why are you mid-range sniping?

I dunno then, maybe the MK11 is just terrible all around. Such a PITA to use in Firestorm.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
If you see my piloting a chopper please get out. I repeat get out because im gonna crash it.
Sorry Lince and many many more.

I want to learn how to pilot choppers. >_<

TheSeks

Fersis said:
If you see my piloting a chopper please get out. I repeat get out because im gonna crash it.

Then play co-op.

Evolved1

MiniBossBattle said:
The Havoc flies like a cow.

I love it. All the choppers are awesome except that one transport (forgot the name) that drops like a stone and goes into a tailspin if it takes any damage.

Noisepurge said:

/end rant

First time I unlocked it on the SCAR I laughed out loud with a 17/1 KDR on Metro defense (they never got past the first set of coms). It's basically cheat mode on every map, not just night maps.

I've since stopped using it, because I think it's cheap as hell.

Thermal on tanks, however... I cannot not use. :)

Fersis said:

Get on Battlelog and join the Platoon Fersis! :p
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655240984194053/

Did you do any co-op missions yet? the second one is good for practice.
edit: i should specify that it's a 100% chopper mission, good to try out maneuvers in the valley and attack runs on the village. Especially on Easy so you don't have to bother too much about taking damage etc.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
My PSN Id country is Argentina, Battlelog uses SONY regional account system which Argentina is not part of ... so i couldnt log or register my BF3 with that ID.

I ended up logging in with my US Id but now Battlelog uses that Id and not my 'real Argentinean' Id.
tl;dr: Cant use battlelog with my PSN ID. lawlz

And yes that co op mission seems cool to learn choppers. Im gonna get a lot of hate messages ;)

TheSeks

LMAO. E-mail EA support about a 1942 CD-Key that says it's invalid on the veteran page. Receieve Veteran Status for it PLUS BATTLEFIELD 2 AND IT'S EXPANSIONS. Which I don't OWN.
---

Greetings,

Thank you for Contacting Electronic Arts Customer Support.

I am sorry for the trouble you faced due to this issue, I have done added all the veteran stats in your account.

If you have any other issue, then please feel free to contact us or visit our web site

http://support.ea.com or contact us through chat.

Thank you,

Vikash
Electronic Arts- World Wide Customer Experience.

Well thanks, Vikash. I'll be getting BF2 sometime in the future but at least my old CD-key is attached for 1942. >_>

Bruiserk

TheSeks said:
LMAO. E-mail EA support about a 1942 CD-Key that says it's invalid on the veteran page. Receieve Veteran Status for it PLUS BATTLEFIELD 2 AND IT'S EXPANSIONS. Which I don't OWN.
---

Well thanks, Vikash. I'll be getting BF2 sometime in the future but at least my old CD-key is attached for 1942. >_>
Why would you be getting BF2 in the future? I don't see any point in that.

Evolved1

Fersis said:
My PSN Id country is Argentina, Battlelog uses SONY regional account system which Argentina is not part of ... so i couldnt log or register my BF3 with that ID.

I ended up logging in with my US Id but now Battlelog uses that Id and not my 'real Argentinean' Id.
tl;dr: Cant use battlelog with my PSN ID. lawlz

And yes that co op mission seems cool to learn choppers. Im gonna get a lot of hate messages ;)

I'll do these with you, if you'd like... has to be on the weekend though.

TheSeks said:
But why are you mid-range sniping?

I dunno then, maybe the MK11 is just terrible all around. Such a PITA to use in Firestorm.
well, i can't always be close! and i don't want to be far!

i haven't done any long range sniping in BF3 yet.

too much up close and mid-range action!

Top Bottom