• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Milly79

The Faceless Master said:
well, i can't always be close! and i don't want to be far!

i haven't done any long range sniping in BF3 yet.

too much up close and mid-range action!

Go long! Firestrom mountain to mountain or crane to mountain!

My issue with the Havoc is that the rotation feels really slow and inferior to the cobra. Its not like my rate of elevation is faster or has stronger guns/rockets. I really don't see the advantages of a Havoc vs the Cobra.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Faceless Master said:
well, i can't always be close! and i don't want to be far!

i haven't done any long range sniping in BF3 yet.

too much up close and mid-range action!

Well in close range combat the scope really kills it for me because suddenly if you ADS you have to retarget them through the scope. Annoying. I feel IRNV has no practical purposes on sniper rifles as by default they're supposed to be long-range weapons. I guess I should play around with it a bit but I hated the VSS in BC2 so I'm still hating semi-auto ammo spitters here.

If any of you use ingame VoIP, do you set it to squad or team?

Dreamgazer, are you still using the necklace Bluetooth mic?

I might get it to pair on my mac to use Skype.

Bruiserk

duracell017 said:
If any of you use ingame VoIP, do you set it to squad or team?

Dreamgazer, are you still using the necklace Bluetooth mic?

I might get it to pair on my mac to use Skype.

Yup, do it. I don't know why more GAFfers haven't. It's not like it hasn't been brought up (from Mikey and I).

TheSeks

Skype also has text chat that doesn't lag nor has Spanish primary speakers like the PSN cross-game chat does, IIRC. >_>

TheSeks said:
Well in close range combat the scope really kills it for me because suddenly if you ADS you have to retarget them through the scope. Annoying. I feel IRNV has no practical purposes on sniper rifles as by default they're supposed to be long-range weapons. I guess I should play around with it a bit but I hated the VSS in BC2 so I'm still hating semi-auto ammo spitters here.

speechless.gif

-------------------
I've stopped using the dogtag bluetooth mic since I have the Sony 7.1 Playstation headset now (whoo 69.99 Amazon pre-order price.)

Here's a link for it if you're interested in getting one though:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000XT3L7W/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I assume other "clipper" type BT mics will also be fine.

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
speechless.gif

My BFF in BC2 sniper rifles is the GOL Sniper Magnum. You knew this for two years and you're still surprised I hate sniper guns that vomit ammo?

TheSeks said:
My BFF in BC2 sniper rifles is the GOL Sniper Magnum. You knew this for two years and you're still surprised I hate sniper guns that vomit ammo?

Yeah.
How am I suppose to go about assuming GOL love = VSS hate?
Just like I don't expect anyone to know that I hate the low rof T88 just because I love the 1000 rof MG3 :p

duracell017 said:
Dream: Ahh okay. do you have a link to the headset you're using now?

Bruiser: Def planning to get one.

Here:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+...&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=3158734

It's not worth it at full price though.

Takes up a USB slot for the receiver and can only be charged via the ps3.
I just charge it while I use it (got a long enough usb cable.)

----------------------------

If you already have a decent pair of headphones, it's better to just something get this:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006U3ACY/?tag=neogaf0e-20
+
Any clip/dogtag type bluetooth (will be better off for your skype option also.)

P.S. Keep in mind I'm a headphone nut. So I just buy cans/headsets for no good reason sometime.

i use a wired set of Astro A30's. Comfortable enough during longplay and quality is ok.
astro_a30_black1.jpg
A30_Black-450x250.jpg

Now if only BF3's VOIP would always work...

The A91 is PIMPBALLS! I am finally becoming one with the Engineer class, even if I can't throw medipaks around like it's going out of style.

Also, I'm very much still hating on this game for forcing me to unlock shit through Co-op.

Non.

Sense.

Anyway, slight gripe: why is the AN-94 so ugly? It looks as if Dice just stopped midway through its modelling process. It was a ruggedly handsome gun in BC2; what went wrong?

I don't know about you guys, but half of my rationale for using a particular gun is how cool it looks. AEK-971 + PKA-S Holo = best looking gun in the game. Beautifully modelled.

thanks Dreamgazer. hmm I already do have a pair of 595s that I use with the A40 mix amp. and just have one ear open for wireless ps3 headset. just need a better mic do I can use both cans.

the A40 is using a toslink from ps3. I think there are extra inputs into mix amp to get the sound fr the Mac using that splitter you posted.

I will need to dbl check.

rdrr gnr

mickcenary said:
The A91 is PIMPBALLS! I am finally becoming one with the Engineer class, even if I can't throw medipaks around like it's going out of style.

Anyway, slight gripe: why is the AN-94 so ugly? It looks as if Dice just stopped midway through its modelling process. It was a ruggedly handsome gun in BC2; what went wrong?

I don't know about you guys, but half of my rationale for using a particular gun is how cool it looks. AEK-971 + PKA-S Holo = best looking gun in the game. Beautifully modelled.
Wait until you see the texture work on the USAS.
A-91 is great as is the G36c.

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
Yeah.
How am I suppose to go about assuming GOL love = VSS hate?
Just like I don't expect anyone to know that I hate the low rof T88 just because I love the 1000 rof MG3 :p

MG3 sucks, bro.
Not really, but I hate it's iron sights and vomitting ammo to the point of requiring a support/ammo box thrower to be on your ass 24/7
I'm a M249 person.

Type88 sucks, we both can agree on and somehow they've made the iron sights WORSE in BF3.

5 minutes ago I just killed a jet flying overhead of me with an rpg. After my initial excitement, I became sad knowing I'll never be able to watch it again, and that I have no proof :(

battlecorder now please.

rdrr gnr

computers putin' said:
5 minutes ago I just killed a jet flying overhead of me with an rpg. After my initial excitement, I became sad knowing I'll never be able to watch it again, and that I have no proof :(

battlecorder now please.
No you didn't.

Husker86

This is my first Battlefield game and I am enjoying (though I'm terrible, always have been at FPS games but oh well).

Anyway, my one question is why can I not exit to the menu after a round? The only way to quit is either go back to the Xbox dashboard or wait until another round starts and then quit from the menu? I mean, I would think they would want people to get out while in between matches so that other randoms could fill in before the next match starts, rather than leave after the match has started.

Sorry if this has been brought up in this thread already.

rdrr gnr

LOL. Good job team.

Not.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/7036519/4/191746277/
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/7039252/4/191746277/

Especially InniSkillen in the first game.

If you are asking if they joined late, the answer is no they didn't.

Edit: LOL. IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/7051042/4/191746277/

Edit 2: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/7054281/4/191746277/
Best round of sniping yet. Loving the M98.

TheSeks

Milly79 said:
Running people over with the MAV is pure hilarity. I can't imagine how pissed they get.

There's a dogtag for that, which I want to get, but I haven't roadkilled anyone yet. I can't imagine getting 100+ roadkills with it like some people on PS3 have.

Milly79

I saw someone with the dogtag that had 300? or so kills with it. I've actually been doing it a lot tonight. It's fairly easy.

TheSeks

Milly79 said:
I saw someone with the dogtag that had 300? or so kills with it. I've actually been doing it a lot tonight. It's fairly easy.

I dunno. I can land on them, no roadkill. Run into them, no roadkill. It's impossible for me.

Daigoro

Milly79 said:
Running people over with the MAV is pure hilarity. I can't imagine how pissed they get.

i unlocked the MAV for the first time today and got a few roadkills as well. it was hilarious. oddly most people just ignored the MAV comepletely as i was trying to roadkill them and just ran around seemingly oblivious. it was weird.

yeah roadkills seem hard to get though. not sure how to actually approach a target to get one. i just got lucky a few times and landed them just right. feels weird to try and hit someone with it.

so i got my final ribbon with the MAV today and got 2 achievements at the same time (the support and all ribbons achievements). nice to have that done. now i can just play whatever class i prefer or which ever the situation calls for.

just the lv 45 achievement left for multiplayer. one co-op achievement and a handfull of shitty SP achievements left if i feel like torturing myself.

Husker86 said:
This is my first Battlefield game and I am enjoying (though I'm terrible, always have been at FPS games but oh well).

Anyway, my one question is why can I not exit to the menu after a round? The only way to quit is either go back to the Xbox dashboard or wait until another round starts and then quit from the menu? I mean, I would think they would want people to get out while in between matches so that other randoms could fill in before the next match starts, rather than leave after the match has started.

Sorry if this has been brought up in this thread already.

Something Dice just refuses to do in their games I'm guessing. Was like that in the beta and BC2 even though people complained about it.

Anyways, I unlocked the Mav tonight and I'm actually starting to do okay with the recon class.

Milly79 said:
That dogtag is actually the # of MAV spot assisted kills.
Cause I have 300+ MAV kills also, but I've never bothered with road killing much.

Musemanmike said:
so what happened?

----------------
Shout out to olimpia and catpee today.
I'm glad we taught that coward (you know who) a lesson today. Even though it's a short one.
Can't even imagine how frustrating it would have been if I were on that quitter's team.

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
That dogtag is actually the # of MAV spot assisted kills.
Cause I have 300+ MAV kills also, but I've never bothered with road killing much.

Oh, that's much easier. I could swear it said "MAV roadkills" and I was like "WTF."

Daigoro said:
oddly most people just ignored the MAV comepletely as i was trying to roadkill them and just ran around seemingly oblivious. it was weird.
Well as a defender on Damavand Peak Rush (1st set) I actually pushed a sniper off his rock cliff not once, but twice, and he still paid me no attention. Each time he just ran around back up to his perch again and continued sniping while I buzzed him over and over until I eventually got him. I'm still shaking my head as I type it…

endlessflood said:
Well as a defender on Damavand Peak Rush (1st set) I actually pushed a sniper off his rock cliff not once, but twice, and he still paid me no attention. Each time he just ran around back up to his perch again and continued sniping while I buzzed him over and over until I eventually got him. I'm still shaking my head as I type it…

The mav won't kill without a fair amount of momentum.

rdrr gnr

Dreamgazer said:
so what happened?

----------------

Usual. Less players and air vehicles. It was 5 vs 6 tickets at one point with no objectives captured. Me and Bruiserk thought that we could win if we stayed alive but someone capped A (no HUD indicator on screen). Also my squad was AFK for about 30 tickets.
Dreamgazer said:
Yeah. I wish a straight vertical decline would kill a player but it doesn't.
I'm glad we taught that coward (you know who) a lesson today. Even though it's a short one.
Can't even imagine how frustrating it would have been if I were on that quitter's team.
Is this in reference to me?
Milly79 said:
Christ.

Bruiserk

Mini, do you not have flares equipped for the heli gunner seat? I'm wondering why you are not getting rid of those missiles. You know I run extinguisher.

MuseManMike said:
Is this in reference to me?

Does the context apply to you? lol.

----------------
Chatting with Abu about PC aimbot/teleport users:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/5886460/1/177456192/ lol.

Someone's sucessful tip for Ninja trophy:
1. 1st player shoot the camera first.
2. 2nd player, immediately after have to line a shot that would kill both guards with one bullet (suggested method line a shot that would hit chest -> head)
Taking more than one shot to kill any of the guards would result in alarm.

----------
For those that are feeling bad about using the INRV:
Karl Magnus Troedsson: Based on player feedback, we have made some tweaks to the IRNV scope to make it more balanced with the rest of the accessories in the game. The change is planned to go into a future update of Battlefield 3, and we will have more details on this update at a later date.

Husker86 said:
Anyway, my one question is why can I not exit to the menu after a round?

This is DICE's evil scheme of making you play "one more round..." instead of quitting.

I wouldn't mind it too much if i could customize my loadouts during that 45 second waiting period.

Husker86

Noisepurge said:
This is DICE's evil scheme of making you play "one more round..." instead of quitting.

I wouldn't mind it too much if i could customize my loadouts during that 45 second waiting period.

So strange...does leaving during the between-match time count as quitting? I have 15% quit; I have disconnected from the server a couple times but never quit while actually in a match.

Daigoro

eternaLightness said:
Something Dice just refuses to do in their games I'm guessing. Was like that in the beta and BC2 even though people complained about it.

they changed it in the PC version of BF3 though. i hope they coonsider doing it for consoles as well. maybe peasants didnt make enough of a stink though.

endlessflood said:

thats insane. pretty much the same thing that happened to me, but with several groups of people. they were a bit more preoccupied than a sniper sitting alone on some rock somewhere, but still. they completely ignore the MAV. lots of clueless people out there.

Daigoro said:
they changed it in the PC version of BF3 though. i hope they coonsider doing it for consoles as well. maybe peasants didnt make enough of a stink though.
dude, it's been AT LEAST FOUR GAMES OF BITCHING

i dunno if it was an issue or if people bitched in BF2MC but
people bitched about it in BC1
people bitched about it in 1943
people bitched about it in BC2
people are still bitching about it in BF3

no DICE

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
Someone's sucessful tip for Ninja trophy:
1. 1st player shoot the camera first.
2. 2nd player, immediately after have to line a shot that would kill both guards with one bullet (suggested method line a shot that would hit chest -> head)
Taking more than one shot to kill any of the guards would result in alarm.

Except that's SonicTHATSNOGOOD.mp3 when you can fucking do that and still cause an alert on the FIRST tandem shot.

For those that are feeling bad about using the INRV:

MY KILL DEATH! NO!!!

Wait... I can still kick ass without training wheels! *gasp* Carry on.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
TheSeks said:
I dunno. I can land on them, no roadkill. Run into them, no roadkill. It's impossible for me.

You have to fly through them... I've only used MAV a few times and I have approx. 10 road kills...

Milly79

Seems you gotta be going pretty fast. Dropping on them is harder. It's hilarious when you accidentally pick them up and carry them for a few seconds or bump them off cover.

Marvie_3

Banned
Anyone else having problems getting headshots to register on someone laying prone? You can shoot them 5 or 6 times right in the face and it doesn't kill them at all. Really getting annoying....

-Silver-

I'm really not liking random engineers, I don't know if they forgot that they have a repair tool or that they refuse to use it. They would rather let the tank get destroyed then jump out and repair it even when they know they have no chance of surviving without any sort of repair. On the plus side, IR on a tank is simply poetry in motion.

Milly79

Marvie_3 said:
Anyone else having problems getting headshots to register on someone laying prone? You can shoot them 5 or 6 times right in the face and it doesn't kill them at all. Really getting annoying....
No problem here at all...

Dreamgazer said:
Yeah I know (I was going for my 4th kill with it at the time), the thing I was shaking my head at was the fact that this guy never seemed perturbed by me or even bothered to shoot at me: as Daigoro was saying most people don't seem at all bothered by this little buzzing machine that is repeatedly trying to kill them :)

Top Bottom