• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Went to a vanilla G36C from a long barrel'd, foregrip'd and holo'd A-91 last night and it seemed ridiculously good. Truth, or placebo effect from me wanting to desperately unlock it?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
mickcenary said:
Went to a vanilla G36C from a long barrel'd, foregrip'd and holo'd A-91 last night and it seemed ridiculously good. Truth, or placebo effect from me wanting to desperately unlock it?

Placebo. All the guns are okay, I feel. Besides the semi-auto sniper rifles, that SUUUUUUUCK.

TheSeks

Milly79 said:
Small-med maps bro. They aren't that sucky.

Yes, lets slap scopes that are meant for longer ranges on them in shorter maps. Wait--what?

Milly79

TheSeks said:
Yes, lets slap scopes that are meant for longer ranges on them in shorter maps. Wait--what?

I have no problems running around with the SKS with an ACOG or 7x. It's really not a problem. On the Wiki they are called "battle rifles" I believe. Like I said, short-med maps are great for semi-auto and if you're good at getting headshots, it shouldn't be a problem.

I see plenty of people running around with the SKS.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
So just got this for PS3..have an EA account.. I put in my online pass code, multi works fine, but I'm trying to get that battlefeed thing set up. So I try to login in to battlelog/origing and it says not allowed. I look around a bit and some people suggest playing a few games before you can log into battlelog, but battlefeed says to set it up first log in to battlelog. The..heck..

TheSeks said:
Placebo. All the guns are okay, I feel. Besides the semi-auto sniper rifles, that SUUUUUUUCK.

yeah it seems all assault rifles and carbines share quite similar damage values and accuracies. the only difference seems to be rate of fire and magazine capacity.

but i do think that it faster firing guns have lower damage value per bullet than slower firing ones, similar to BFBC2.

edit: come to think of it, is there any statistics floating around the net similar to this?
vietnamstats.png

rdrr gnr

I'm pretty sure modders haven't been able to get into some of the more intricate files detailing gun balance for BF3. This is working off of old information, so they may have been able to now, but as far as I know, all hard data on gun damage has been done using in-game methods.

Noisepurge said:
edit: come to think of it, is there any statistics floating around the net similar to this?

Denkirson hasn't updated his blog in awhile and there's no indication on whether we'll be getting those charts anytime soon.

However, members on Denkirson's forum has compiled a google spreadsheet database containing similar information.:
*note there are more than one sheets*

[BF3WDB] Battlefield 3 Weapon Database :clint:

Some interesting observationss from the "Miscellany" sheet:

EOD bot does 10 damage per "shot".
Forearms, hands, and the guns themselves cannot be hit.

The hitbox for headshots may possibly increase in size the longer you stand still. There were numerous moments where we were getting headshots despite aiming for the lower torso or crotch. If this is true, it is a very interesting "secret" measure developed by DICE to discourage camping.

There is a minor damage difference in hitting legs/upper arms vs. center mass.

You can stack people on each other if they are prone.

You can lay an unlimited number of anti-tank mines.

Two bullets of any gun can destroy a med pack or ammo box

I will update the op when I get home.

TheSeks

This is what happens, Larry, when you attempt to cheese with the anti-air and you suck at it! Then start pissing me off. The rest of the team frustrated the shit out of me when I armed B second set FIVE GODDAMN TIMES only to die in the process and have it be disarmed because they wouldn't spawn on my beacon. Meanwhile, I spawned support on my beacon and proceeded to knife and kill motherfuckers while attempting to arm and dying in the process. Somehow we got past there and the whole team started to click and proceed to mow them down the map while they finally gave up attempting to anti-air cheese after I took them out about 3-4 times with C4.

OH WAIT I don't suck with it! TROLLOLOLOLOL. But I had to be a dick and not repair a random that got in and sucked at it. Eventually around 20 tickets left they started to attempt to RPG me while I was burning and after repairing by myself for most of the game the randoms came in to help me stay up because I guess *lightbulb.jpg* I didn't suck with it. :D

4 more unlocks left and then I can stop being a dick in the anti-air on that map. >_>

You can stack people on each other if they are prone.

MAN TRAIN! :lol

You can kill ammo boxes and medikits with two bullets

WHY.jpg, if they're the enemies you're giving them points, granted, but you're healing/resupplying yourself which may not happen with randoms. I'm not sure why you would purposely destroy a kit box.

TheSeks said:
WHY.jpg, if they're the enemies you're giving them points, granted, but you're healing/resupplying yourself which may not happen with randoms. I'm not sure why you would purposely destroy a kit box.

Why u mad at messengers all the time.

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
Why u mad at messengers all the time.

Who said I was mad. It's a weird design choice to allow destroying kit items.

TheSeks said:
Who said I was mad. It's a weird design choice to allow destroying kit items.

oh seks, you are always mad :D

edit: and looking at the stats it does seem like the SCAR is better than the others by a large margin. assault rifles all seem to be quite similar.

Is it me or randoms in this game do not toss ammo packs or med kits like they do in bc2? played a round or 2 last nite n man i frustrated. no one revives, no ammo, no med kits...even from own squad. they are right there capping flag beside me. smh. maybe the game is still out and they are still figuring out shit? could be a bad server. should have just switched servers.

TheSeks

Noisepurge said:
edit: and looking at the stats it does seem like the SCAR is better than the others by a large margin. assault rifles all seem to be quite similar.

SCAR's getting nerfed soon. So that won't be correct.

Also nearly to Maintenance on the anti-air wagon. >_>

Also redCORTEX sucks with the anti-air wagon. Pulls it all the way to the back and doesn't even attempt to have it damaged to help his team. Shitty.

TheSeks

Highlights of last night:

No one gets in the cheese wagon (Anti-air Wagon on Norshal) when "base taken, move up" happens, I'm nearby. Can you guess what I do? Yep, steal it. (SMH @ DICE for not allowing teams to steal things like this so they have to push AGAINST it at times in really good hands instead of having someone *cough* sneak in and steal it/hassle the enemy to at least give their team a chance to push)

Next round, cheese wagon maxed in unlocks, let JM try it. "It's a beast!" Yep, it needs to be hit with the nerfbat a bit, but now I can't care because I got the unlocks. :)

Last rounds of the night, this [AIR] clan joins, gets on the cheese wagon, we win the round but I get a negative KDR in the process for that round in attempting to get them off the cheese wagon to roll them easier.

Next round? They mysteriously leave after I shut down their anti-air attempt at the start and we hold their team off at the first set. LandoHeMad.jpg

Also Dream, I got your message but you're going to have to elaborate on Battlelog or PM's.

Calion

My highlight of the night? Finally getting my F2000 and getting 6 straight MVPs. (Oh, and Seks RPGing a building on Caspian, and crushing me inside the building. ._.)

If my game didn't glitch up on Damavand (There was no HUD, pressing start didn't help, couldn't do anything) I could have possibly gotten 7 straight. :/

Is it me or randoms in this game do not toss ammo packs or med kits like they do in bc2? played a round or 2 last nite n man i frustrated. no one revives, no ammo, no med kits...even from own squad. they are right there capping flag beside me. smh. maybe the game is still out and they are still figuring out shit? could be a bad server. should have just switched servers.

Not just you - NOBODY tosses ammo or health. It's ridiculous. People don't want the free points ? I don't get it. Is it just the console peasants who don't do this? Playing on 360 here.

Highlights of last night:

Last rounds of the night, this [AIR] clan joins, gets on the cheese wagon, we win the round but I get a negative KDR in the process for that round in attempting to get them off the cheese wagon to roll them easier.

Next round? They mysteriously leave after I shut down their anti-air attempt at the start and we hold their team off at the first set. LandoHeMad.jpg

The [AIR] clan actually joined on this attack round where they gave us a little bit of hard set on the third round(down to 20 or so ticket). The clan's tactic seems to just be camp in towers/corners near m-coms.

After that was the defense round, where they were intelligently using the MAV and mortar together to take down people (alot of people). Unfortunately that was the only thing they did intelligently. The last half of the game, hardly anyone came into the base. The game ended with a jeep that was right up at our entrance. The driver saw the AT mines and was hesitant to drive through it. He backed up, paused, and I was just waiting for him to get out for the kill. Then for some reason he decided to drive through anyway, died, end game. Lesson: Take down the mav first if you're getting heavily mortared.

Attack round comes, the enemy team never bothered with any crates that were "un-campable" (open air). They started coming back hard on the last 2 sets, where the m-coms were in small rooms with limited entrances. Things got difficult on the last set, where vehicles couldn't get in easily + tall concrete blocks seals off most of the side entrance. We lost an insane amount of tickets until I tried blowing a hole through some of the concretes <-alternative route, why we need destruction, Sekoku.. Got in, killed the camping thc, camped in his same freaking corner - won.

meppi

Grinded the support class with a pos LMG only to unlock the mortar for the single reason of countering mortar spammers in their own spawn.

Works like a charm and seems to really piss them off in the process. Double win. :)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Grinded the support class with a pos LMG only to unlock the mortar for the single reason of countering mortar spammers in their own spawn.

Works like a charm and seems to really piss them off in the process. Double win. :)

I cannot force myself to play support...

Not just you - NOBODY tosses ammo or health. It's ridiculous. People don't want the free points ? I don't get it. Is it just the console peasants who don't do this? Playing on 360 here.

most likely just new players off the COD-wagon. it takes a while to learn to use kits and spot enemies.

TheSeks

JM, stop with the fucking mortar in defense. THREE GODDAMN TIMES I had to DEFEND BY MYSELF because Joe Q. Assfuck doesn't know how to fucking defend. Meanwhile, where are you? Your nose stuck in a mortar book. :| >:| :mad: I'm not going to attempt to defend against GAF if you aren't going to help me when the teams are auto-balanced. I'm just... not...

I hate the out-of-body kit items because they give me one less person to PEW PEW defend with.

JM, stop with the fucking mortar in defense. THREE GODDAMN TIMES I had to DEFEND BY MYSELF because Joe Q. Assfuck doesn't know how to fucking defend. Meanwhile, where are you? Your nose stuck in a mortar book. :| >:| :mad: I'm not going to attempt to defend against GAF if you aren't going to help me when the teams are auto-balanced. I'm just... not...

I hate the out-of-body kit items because they give me one less person to PEW PEW defend with.

Never change - this thread would suck without your in game bitchfests :D

TheSeks

Never change - this thread would suck without your in game bitchfests :D

I hate the mortar and people not attempting to defend. When GAF gets auto balanced and I'm on the other team, I just know I'm going to lose if other GAF members on that team aren't on the ball. The mortar is a USELESS (yes, I'm saying that because it's true) kit item. The only good use for it is Smoke launching on Support or Counter Mortar. That's it. It has NO PLACE ON DEFENSE with the exception of said counter mortar and you'd have a better chance of running out of bounds and shooting the motherfucker that is mortaring.

meppi

I know exactly what you mean.
It was a pain to unlock it, even if it only took a couple of days going back and forth between engineer and support.
I hate LMGs and LMG lamers with a passion ever since KZ2, so you can imagine how much fun I had using the M249 to spam my way towards the mortar goal. :-/
It's way too accurate for my taste and the stupidity of it is that you can unlock an extended ammo mag on top of the ammo perk as well as drop ammo crates! Sheesh.
If they countered these heavy weapons with 0.1 accuracy compared to your average SMG, I'd be fine with them as they literally vomit a rainbow of bullets.
But since they are just as accurate, and sometimes even more accurate than standard riffles, I just can't stand them.

Never touching one again, unless it's to annoy a whole clan of LMG lamers.

tsigo

most likely just new players off the COD-wagon. it takes a while to learn to use kits and spot enemies.

Kind of funny how people were all excited for COD's release because it would get rid of all the stupid people and bad players, but now it's still their fault.

More likely both games have the same percentage of bads and stupids.

TheSeks

If they countered these heavy weapons with 0.1 accuracy compared to your average SMG,

Solution: Get good, newbie.

M27 IAR

2 Service Stars taken 275kills 5h 14m 15.06% accuracy.

In addition to 15.8% global accuracy. Put the cross-hair/iron sights on the person. Tap tap tap, dead man. Then repeat.

In addition to single-shot fire mode, something that can be done on all the LMG IIRC.

meppi

Solution: Get good, newbie.

M27 IAR

2 Service Stars taken 275kills 5h 14m 15.06% accuracy.

In addition to 15.8% global accuracy. Put the cross-hair/iron sights on the person. Tap tap tap, dead man. Then repeat.

In addition to single-shot fire mode, something that can be done on all the LMG IIRC.

Yeah right.
Some more dick-waving. Like anyone cares but you.
As if a 15.8% accuracy rate is anything to brag about. SMH

"Oh look I'm so great, I'm so great!"

But when a game isn't to your liking you refuse to spawn or simply quit like a little bitch. Over and over again.
Yet you yell at anyone and everyone who doesn't play by your arbitrary rules like you're all that.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I know exactly what you mean.
It was a pain to unlock it, even if it only took a couple of days going back and forth between engineer and support.
I have LMGs and LMG lames with a passion ever since KZ2, so you can imagine how much fun I had using the M249 to spam my way towards the mortar goal. :-/
It's way too accurate for my taste and the stupidity of it is that you can unlock an extended ammo mag on top of the ammo perk as well as drop ammo crates! Sheesh.
If they countered these heavy weapons with 0.1 accuracy compared to your average SMG, I'd be fine with them as they literally vomit a rainbow of bullets.
But since they are just as accurate, and sometimes even more accurate than standard riffles, I just can't stand them.

Never touching one again, unless it's to annoy a whole clan of LMG lamers.

I got around this today by playing with shotgun + sprint + C4. Unlocked claymores. Maybe will have mortar soon. I just don't like playing support. And I always forget to throw ammo!

lol

TheSeks

Yeah right.
Some more dick-waving. Like anyone cares but you.
As if a 15.8% accuracy rate is anything to brag about. SMH

"Oh look I'm so great, I'm so great!"

U MAD? The point is: The LMG don't "vomit bullets and lower my accuracy stat! NOOOOES!" It's you lowering your accuracy. I can spray in the anti-air wagon for most of the game, but I get hit-markers all that round. Why isn't my accuracy lowering for spraying? Because of those hit markers. Same with the LMG, so long are you are HITTING SOMETHING your accuracy will NEVER lower.

Edit: Also if you want to get into dickwaving, the only class you play is Engineer. You're not one to talk considering I play all the damn classes as needed unlike the vast majority of GAF that wants to play Engineer 24/7 all day erryday.

In short, shut the fuck up when your "worried about your accuracy stat." Because it's laughable.

TheSeks

I love how the defense's MAV on Op Metro is able to have a somewhat higher skybox limit than mine. Therein MAV deaths because they are able to hit mine while my camera on the MAV has a vertical limit. :|

Also love obvious lag when I get hitmarkers five seconds after I get killed by two bullets from the enemy.

Calion

I love how the defense's MAV on Op Metro is able to have a somewhat higher skybox limit than mine. Therein MAV deaths because they are able to hit mine while my camera on the MAV has a vertical limit. :|

Also love obvious lag when I get hitmarkers five seconds after I get killed by two bullets from the enemy.

All those games were fucking bullshit. Ugh.

TheSeks

All those games were fucking bullshit. Ugh.

That Seine round was AWFUL. I got put on the winning team while you were stuck on the losing team. I'm like "WOW the enemy is being base camped. Either they suck or got extremely unlucky at the start of the round by having too few people."

Next round/Firestorm, I join your team by switching. Cue being rolled down the map because the enemy sneaks by us and me and you are attempting to clear them out only to get mown down. Attack being similar.

In addition to the mystery lag case where I can kill a person in two seconds and then eat a bullet RIGHT AFTER MY RPG RELOAD ANIMATION FINISHES. WTF.

meppi

In short, shut the fuck up when your "worried about your accuracy stat." Because it's laughable.
Take your own advice for a change since you're the one spamming these threads with stats BS and bitching all the time.

I never even brought up worries about my accuracy stats or anything of that sort.
Funny how mine's higher than yours now that I look at it, yet you're telling me how to play since I'm a dumb noob.

Oh but no, I should play in a different kinda way, preferably someway that makes you look better and gets me to sit on my ass in the back of the map, in case someone slips by you. Same old shit like it's aways been, just like in BC2.

That's why I hate playing with someone like you.
Instead of wanting to play as a team and just have fun, you want to prove you're better than anyone you play with and if they happen to play a certain way that isn't to your liking, you go on another stupid rant of "waaaaah waaaah waaaaah, what are you doing!". Sheesh.

I have no problem adapting my playstyle or taking advice from other people on this board who are on a whole other level then you. Mind-boggling, I know.
Yet, you don't see them post all that much anymore. Wonder why that is... >_>

Bruiserk

GG's Mini, Ejas, and Mikey. I actually enjoyed OP Metro tonight, what a surprise.

Thanks for helping me get my TV missile Mini.

I was like this at first, but the M249 with a bipod is worth it, it's probably the most accurate fully auto in game, and with extended mags you can really lock down a good portion of the map on rush defense. Hell, even with just a grip the LMG's are still pretty good. give the a bit more of chance if you haven't already.

meppi

I was like this at first, but the M249 with a bipod is worth it, it's probably the most accurate fully auto in game, and with extended mags you can really lock down a good portion of the map on rush defense. Hell, even with just a grip the LMG's are still pretty good. give the a bit more of chance if you haven't already.

This is so true.
That's what I was saying in my original post as well.
Something like the M249 is a bit too good due to it's high accuracy, especially with the large ammo count which can be stacked even more with the extended mag and ability to drop ammo for yourself.
It's always been that way with LMGs. Way too much benefits and not enough negative points.
If either the accuracy was reduced a lot or it was made to handle like an actual LMG, slow handling+aiming and all, not just in the reloading time, it would balance the things out more.
Hate to play with them for those reasons. You can spray and pray as well without consequences, so in close quarters you're bound to end up on top with one of these most of the time.

eek5

This is so true.
That's what I was saying in my original post as well.
Something like the M249 is a bit too good due to it's high accuracy, especially with the large ammo count which can be stacked even more with the extended mag and ability to drop ammo for yourself.
It's always been that way with LMGs. Way too much benefits and not enough negative points.
If either the accuracy was reduced a lot or it was made to handle like an actual LMG, slow handling+aiming and all, not just in the reloading time, it would balance the things out more.
Hate to play with them for those reasons. You can spray and pray as well without consequences, so in close quarters you're bound to end up on top with one of these most of the time.

You'll still lose against a really good player using a more overpowered weapon though (a91, scar, etc) but yeah, the M249 is pretty OP and the other LMGs are not far off from it. I think they need to introduce speed penalties and increase reload time on the LMGs. You really shouldn't be able to sprint into a CQB area and hip fire as accurately as the other guns. With suppression, you're supposed to hold down an area but support can basically roam around and do whatever they want right now.

Of course they're not going to do any of those balance tweaks and after nerfing the other guns M249 will slowly become more OP lol

Top Bottom