• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Anyone else having problems joining servers on PS3? Quickmatch and server browse don't work for me, only way i can join a game is to join a friends game, and if i don't have any friends online playing BF3.... well i'm pretty screwed.

Haven't played in a bout 2 weeks until now, was fine before.

PC ONLY CHANGES ARE CROSSED OUT
Read original message here: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654624754374621/

Major client update for the PC version Battlefield 3 as well as a server-side update for all platforms.

The update will be made on Nov. 22nd 7:00 AM UTC / Nov. 21st 11:00 PM PST.

We’ll share release timing on the console patches as soon as we are clear on the timing, these take a bit longer due to console certification process.

---- Client-Side Changes:

-- Visuals, Stability and Performance Fixes:

• General performance and loading time improvements
• “Black Screen” fix for an issue occurring on some PC Configurations
• Stereo and Rendering Support for Nvidia and AMD Graphics Cards
• Adjusted the “stuttering” encountered on some PC configurations.
• Fixed several Crashes when joining MP and Co-Op sessions
• Fixed multiple problems when using multiple monitors (Eyefinity / Surround).
• Fixed visual corruption issues on certain Nvidia Cards
• Improved loading times for certain textures
• Added console command “GameTime.MaxVariableFps” to limit max FPS
• Added console command “UI.DrawEnable” to hide UI for screenshots / videos

-- Balance and Gameplay Adjustments (PC)

• Fixed a problem with high speed mouse movement
• Added back some missing Growlers on Kharg Island Conquest Large
• Added back EOR sound for SQDM and TDM
• You should no longer be able to damage a friendly vehicle when sitting in an open position
• Grenades now drop to ground if you get killed while attempting to throw it(note the affect this will have on Hardcore mode!)
• Spawn protection now should work in Conquest. You should no longer spawn on points too close to enemies
• You should no longer spawn too close to enemies in TDM and SQDM
• Combat areas on Kharg Rush tweaked in order to disallow defenders to access the carrier ship after 1st base is taken and being able to enter the AA gun
• Fixed a problem with revived players not suffering suppression
• Fixed a problem with the camera when being revived in COOP
• Added joystick deadzone setting
• Fixed sound for when climbing ladders
• Fixed an issue with some weapon sounds in first person
• Fixed a swim sound loop error
• Increased the damage of Helicopter Miniguns, AA guns, and Jet Cannons against infantry
• Increased the damage of Helicopter Miniguns against jeeps.
• Reduced the physics impact of AA guns and Jet Cannons, players under attack from these weapons should no longer lose control.
• Increased the damage of the 44 Magnum slightly.
• Increased the range and minimum damage of the .357 Round from the MP412 Rex.
• Increased the range of all .45cal and 9mm weapons.
• Slightly increased the range of the P90 and MP7 and PDW-R.
• Slightly increased the range of the 5.56mm PDW-R and decreased the minimum damage at long range.
• Slightly increased the minimum range of the Mk11, SVD, and M39 EMR 7.62mm rifles.
• Decreased the maximum damage and maximum range of the G3 and SCAR-H 7.62mm weapons.
• Reduced the damage from FIM-92 and SA-18 IGLA missiles against aircraft.
• Increased the damage and range of the 40mm BUCK rounds.
• Reduced the damage .50cal weapons do against Helicopters.
• Updated T90 canister shell tweaks to match Abrams canister shells
UI Changes (PC)
• Added round duration and ticket summary at EOR
• Advanced squad polish – should be more intuitive
• Significant changes to the Join Squad functionality (see below)
• Fixed a problem regarding keybindings while playing
• You should now get a better error message when being disconnected via Battlelog

---- Server Update Highlights

• EOD Bot exploit fix
• Several crash fixes
• Anti-stat padding measures taken, disallowing ranked servers to run obscure settings
• Improved team kill kick configuration
• Support for unranked servers. Unranked servers do not report players' scores to Battlelog, but server administrators can freely control all settings

-- Share your profile and stats with new Battlelog functionality

• Ability to share your Profile and Stats pages to Facebook, Google+, and Twitter
• User Profile and Stats pages on Battlelog can now be accessed without being signed in to Battlelog if you know a user's URL
• Single sign on from Battlelog to Origin. If you're not logged in to Origin and join a game server, Battlelog will automatically sign you in to Origin in the background and join the game server

-- Quick notes on Squad changes in the Nov 22 update

• Removed FIND ME A SQUAD option
• Allow players to join empty Squads alone, thus having 1/4 squad members
• Change order of options to LEAVE SQUAD, INV A FRIEND, SWITCH TEAM
• Disable Privacy flag when 1 man squad
• Reset Privacy flag from Private to Public when squad drops to 1 player
• All occupied Squads will now show up colored blue on the Squad Selection screen
• Players who choose not to join squads will also show up as Blue in the "Not in a Squad” line
• Squads that are currently empty will display as white -- if you wish to join an empty Squad, you can choose the first one marked with white text

-- A detailed look at Squad refinements --

Today's PC client patch features numerous tweaks to Squad functionality and is part of our ongoing efforts to make it easier to play with friends and Platoon mates. These changes will also be implemented for consoles when we release the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 updates shortly. Stay tuned for the exact date of the console updates.

First, we need to look at how joining with Squads and Platoons affects the balance of teams. Initially, servers are commanded to equal out each side, so joining with friends can impact that balance while joining with Platoons further hinders this. As a result we have made some adjustments to the in-game Squad management screen.

For PC, you are now able to highlight the various Squads and select which one you wish to join by selecting a Squad and then clicking the Join Squad button. Please note that the Squad Privacy option still allows 2 man Squads which, during 64 player sessions, can lead to players with no squad position –- the number of people with no Squads will be shown at the bottom of the Squad selection list.

After the patch is applied to consoles (in the near future) you will be able to join Squads by cycling through the list and selecting which Squad you wish to join.

Yeah, only a few PDW buff and pistol buffs.

Quite iffy about:
• Increased the damage of Helicopter Miniguns, AA guns, and Jet Cannons against infantry
-The AA guns are already pretty deadly in the right hands (especially norshar RU Conquest/Rush)

-Making infantry anti-air tactics even more useless??

Olimpia - let me know if the Dr.Pepper code works or not.

I'll be doing my 2nd random drawing soon.

*goes study*

olimpia84

I was stinking it up last night in the attack choppers.... :(

Edit: oh yeah shout out to Olimpia and Ejas (and catpee) love playing with you guys! I couldn't believe that one game... it was the first time I have ever lost w/ Ejas and Olimpia on my team. Even dating back to BC2. Really disappointing because we usually find a way to win. Of course it's not like we didn't handle business. Oh well.

They were a good team and had a two man advantage the whole match. It was fun though, I don't mind losing when the other team deserves it. If we had one more gaffer we would have won easily I'm sure.

eek5

Yeah, only a few PDW buff and pistol buffs.

Quite iffy about:
-The AA guns are already pretty deadly in the right hands (especially norshar RU Conquest/Rush)

Olimpia - let me know if the Dr.Pepper code works or not.

I'll be doing my 2nd random drawing soon.

*goes study*

Much needed Tunguska buff man!1 :lol

Dr Prob

Banned
Earlier today I was designating the U.S. choppers on Canals CQ and my teammates...shot them.

It was like some kind of early Christmas miracle! A SOFLAM Story.

Tawpgun

Nope.

This is fantastic news. Jets are under powered enough as it is. One engineer shouldn't be able to take down a competent jet player. Just like one engineer shouldn't be able to take down a competent tank. The stingers have such huge range and can reload and fire relatively quickly.

Nope.

This is fantastic news. Jets are under powered enough as it is. One engineer shouldn't be able to take down a competent jet player. Just like one engineer shouldn't be able to take down a competent tank. The stingers have such huge range and can reload and fire relatively quickly.

Are the stingers OP for people who are just starting to fly them? Yes.

The problem is that stingers are hardly a problem once Jets got flares and stealth unlocked. This is especially less of a problem in the hands of the competent players. Most competent player also won't be sticking around in one place just so people can get more locks on to fire at them (there's also the option to fly into OOB areas.) Furthermore, you'll now need 2 competent engineers sacrificing ground support to hopefully take down a jet.

Now, I'm okay if people want to nerf stinger-instant-disable. However, something else should be nerfed from the jets to balance (ex: stinger hit will disable weapon systems and temporarily increase flare load time so Jets will have to take itself out of the field for a short bit.)

eek5 said:
Much needed Tunguska buff man!1 :lol

Can't tell if serious. sarcasm radar is off.

olimpia84

Yup. Yup. Good ol' teammates.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/8146618/4/191746277/

Absolutely terrible night of playing. Has it been extraordinarily laggy for anyone else? I can barely get a kill.

I died about 8-10 times in a row trying to get A on OM while they had B. Fucking awful. When I finally was able to get to it, there were about 10 tickets left.

EA: Down.

I can tell you exactly why we lost that Kharg Island game. When the game was boiling down to the last few tickets I spawned in our base to get the tank and finish the other team off but this dude ethanl or whatever (level 5, finished 1-9 in the round) got in first and he did absolutely nothing with the T90. I hopped in as his gunner but he wasn't really moving anywhere so I decided to run back to the base and get the next tank...which never came (it was weird, according to our map we had only one tank which was from that ethanl dude...most likely the enemy stole the other tank we had?). So yeah, I wasted a good valuable minutes waiting for the tank (or any vehicle really) to go cap some flags...I finally jumped in a boat and it was too late.

And that Op Metro game....SMH. We lost because the basic principle wasn't followed: in Op Metro, if you don't go for B at the start of the game you have a 90% chance of losing the game. I was able to get to A at one point in the game and we actually held the flag for a few minutes before half their team swarmed us but our stupid team did not push forward for B/spawned in A to defend it. That was our perfect chance to go ahead and we blew it.

Don't worry about it man, just give my codes to somebody else (maybe it works for them?). Thanks for the offer though.

Yeah the same code worked for the next person who won the random drawing...
I honestly don't know why it didn't work for you.

Sorry.
Again, if you want any of the dr pepper tags just let me know.

( MikeAngelos got banned so I have 2 extra codes to give away again.)

lol, so i decide to get in a few more Squad Rush games in so i can get to DAT MEDAL and i join a game and i spawn on my squad, see 2 defenders standing there, i kill them, run to arm the crate and realize ... THESE DUDES ARE BOOSTING!!!

so, of course, they quit. i go find another game and join... AND ITS THE SAME DUDES BOOSTING AGAIN!!! this time i just watch them for about a minute before they realize i'm watching them... one of the enemy dudes even looks right at me with his flashlight but doesn't shoot, and then they all quit again.

so i go and check my recent players list and they all went offline.

i would call them out, but their SPM is not even that good, i guess they just started boosting today...

Patch is up on 360?

that is not the patch you're looking for.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
• Added joystick deadzone setting

Please tell me this is what I think this is...

Any thoughts on the PS3 GAF Platoon, should we keep the one platoon or maybe split it up to PS3 GAF US and PS3 GAF EU Platoons?

You should just cut people that ride the bench.

rdrr gnr

Why we lost Kharg/why we lost Metro
Yeah, I don't know how late you joined, but whoever was in our tanks for most of the games was doing a poor job. I'm pretty sure the guy you were referring to was also intentionally waiting for the chopper to spawn so he could promptly crash it in the game previous to Kharg.

My usual plan in OP Metro is to run up the first set of stairs and prone the center of B (to avoid grenades on each side) what I'm going to start doing is skipping B as well and go straight to their home objective. Either that or try to get into the lockeroom hallway and see if I can't get behind him the first go around. I assume it was you that got to A early on but ended up being shotgunned by Violent_Juggalo and his DAO-12.

At least they got what they deserved on Bazaar right afterwards.

Maybe they were boosting for that ribbon. Goddamnit.

Evolved1

Yeah the same code worked for the next person who won the random drawing...
I honestly don't know why it didn't work for you.

Sorry.
Again, if you want any of the dr pepper tags just let me know.

( MikeAngelos got banned so I have 2 extra codes to give away again.)

What are these codes for, anything good?

it lets you adjust the deadzone on PC!

sAhAB.jpg

What are these codes for, anything good?

Awesome PSHome Recon Skin
Dr Pepper Camo (supposedly is the specact camo that makes you less visible to INRV)

Dog Tags:
6 Wolf moon, a parody on 3 wolf moon.
"Bye kitty" - dead Hello Kitty.
Some creeping skull
Can opener
and a T-rex tag where the side of the tag cracks open like a dinosaur mouth.

Something like that.

(why don't u just google it b****)
*smacks evolved*

edit:
battlefield-3-dlc-obtained-through-dr-pepper-omg-hello-kitty-dog-tags.jpg

Evolved1

Um... if it's spectat camo then holy crap can I have a code!? lol...

Since you guys are on the topic, do you know if the Dr. Pepper EA codes bought from Canada work? I've tried mine a couple times, but I can't get them to give me any prizes.

Since you guys are on the topic, do you know if the Dr. Pepper EA codes bought from Canada work? I've tried mine a couple times, but I can't get them to give me any prizes.

They are suppose to work with Canada also.

I really don't know what's up anymore though. The code seems to work with some people and then fail horribly with others. If you want feel free to pm me with the code, and I'll try it with my account and then give you the psn redeem code.

I need this.
If I have extras. However, Evolved and Olimpia comes first <3.
Otherwise it's a $1 a pop, cause Dr. Pepper is nasty.

-----------
I honestly don't know what's the big appeal about bye kitty - even though that's what I use as tag also...

-Silver-

Hmm, so they forgot to nerf the flashlight, IRNV and USAS12. I'm not fussed about the GtA missiles getting nerfed, but it would have been better to simply to let the pilot fly away in a non-disabled aircraft.

EDIT: Forgot to mention one of the most useful features from BC2: let me use the the god damn select button so that I can get in your vehicle,
i don't wanna spend time running from the middle of nowhere to the middle of somewhere only to be shot by a sniper.

Is there anyway to get a online pass for free on PS3? I just got the game from Gamefly and didn't know I needed to spend an extra $10 to play the game online. There's no way I'm paying that to try the game for a few days.

Hmm, so they forgot to nerf the flashlight, IRNV and USAS12. I'm not fussed about the GtA missiles getting nerfed, but it would have been better to simply to let the pilot fly away in a non-disabled aircraft.

The excuse is that this is some old patch that has been in the works for awhile.

Evolved1

*Goes study like a bitter old man swallowing down his own bile*

Thanks man I'll try it out straightaway... you should stop studying and play BF3. Olimpia and I just won like a million games in a row.

Thanks man I'll try it out straightaway... you should stop studying and play BF3. Olimpia and I just won like a million games in a row.

urgh man, stop torturing me. I promise I'll play non-stop after I take REG (tax laws+business law+professional ethics) this Saturday.

olimpia84

That sucks really bad. It's already hard enough to hit them since they always pop flares and by the time you try to align a second shot they usually go out of the launcher's range. Now they want to reduce the damage? lol

Jas

Good games tonight PS3 GAF! Highlight of the night was a rush game on Metro while attacking.
Armed A with 2 tickets left on the 2nd set of mcoms, got destroyed right after I set it but Manny was able to spawn on me.

Next thing I hear is him going nuts on the mic but it keeps breaking in and out so I can't make anything out of it, between that and watching him gun down a bunch of disarmers while running around in that little room, I couldn't stop laughing.
He held them off and we get the mcom with no tickets left and go on to win.

I noticed Mr. Minht had a nice 8700 point round in that one :) Good games guys!

CatPee

Good games tonight PS3 GAF! Highlight of the night was a rush game on Metro while attacking.
Armed A with 2 tickets left on the 2nd set of mcoms, got destroyed right after I set it but Manny was able to spawn on me.

Next thing I hear is him going nuts on the mic but it keeps breaking in and out so I can't make anything out of it, between that and watching him gun down a bunch of disarmers while running around in that little room, I couldn't stop laughing.
He held them off and we get the mcom with no tickets left and go on to win.

I noticed Mr. Minht had a nice 8700 point round in that one :) Good games guys!

That other team was so relentless with their M320 spam that I had no other choice but to bust out the explosive USAS. That thing is a points machine.

Top Bottom