• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

eek5

Hmm, well that actually sounds like it could be pretty useful then, especially when playing with a team or my IRL friends who play Engineer. Sounds useless if no one is working with you though. Once a target is designated do you have to keep it on them to be effective?

Is this also what makes the Javelin shoot up then arc down at tanks?
Yes it is nearly 100% useless when you're playing with randoms. Most people don't use JAV or Stingers and/or have no idea what the diamond with a dot in the middle of it on their 3d hud is.

No, you can arc the Javelin yourself. Just lock on then aim wherever you want and fire and it'll arc back towards your lock.

senador

Banned
Yes it is nearly 100% useless when you're playing with randoms. Most people don't use JAV or Stingers and/or have no idea what the diamond with a dot in the middle of it on their 3d hud is.

No, you can arc the Javelin yourself. Just lock on then aim wherever you want and fire and it'll arc back towards your lock.

Ah gotcha. My Engineer buddies thought they had to enable it or something. Silly friends.

JJD

Anyone else use the AN-94? I play Assault 90% of the time and gave it a try. It suuuuucks until you unlock the scope as the iron sights are pretty difficult to see down. Once I got the scope though, its been pretty good. Its 2-shot is a bit weird, but its accuracy at long range is quite good. I use it on ranged phases of Rush.

The AN-94 was IMO the best weapon on BC2. It was excellent at mid to long range, and I could manage pretty well with it at close quarters, if the enemy didn't take me by surprise. I've got 7000 plus kills with it on BC2, but I still haven't unlocked it for BF3. That said, considering how BF3 plays, I doubt it will be as versatile as it was.

Great games this afternoon Olimpia and expecially Evolved! I don't remember gunning for you on tanks, but I'll be sure to jump on every single vehicle you're driving after this game! 33.000 points in a single match!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Looks like you got a couple medals that game to bump your score, but yeah... tanks are beast and you were a good gunner.

It's why I get so frustrated any time a smurf jumps in one. I think the reason Olimpia and I often dominate games is because we are both good tank pilots/gunners and both attack flags with reckless abandon. We get two tanks rolling together and it's pretty much over for the other team.

I think the only real problem we have is that attack helicopters can really take you out of the game if you don't have friendly air support to keep them in check. Or if our team is just so bad that the enemy can stack engineers and basically just target us. Even then though, we usually win.

:trollface

eek5

the controller input lag on PS3 is fucking terrible

It's tolerable if BF3 is the only game you play since you can adjust to it. If you play other games though and come back it's soo bad. I played a week of skyrim and tried to pick up BF3 again and it was awful. I really hope the console patch addresses this.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32951344&postcount=1520 said:
http://i.imgur.com/unFtU.jpg

My face and reaction when:

CtdBz.gif

fuckingromeooverhere.gif

the controller input lag on PS3 is fucking terrible.

Told you. :p But you should get back on. I hop on as soon as I see you playing the PS3 version and you LEAVE. :|

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
the controller input lag on PS3 is fucking terrible.

and then the game froze.

fix that shit DICE!!!

We won that Metro game. :)

Credit goes to a couple randoms and Olimpia, who was able to sneak past B and plant the beacon. I spawned, we took their flag and when they retreated back to re-cap, we got B. Then held them while the ticket count flipped... we were 150+ behind, easy. Won by 30 or something... can't recall. Pretty epic comeback though. Then it was a string of easy wins.

edit: Oh and I've seen the light... I'm now fully converted to Conquest. Rush is gross.

olimpia84

We won that Metro game. :)

Credit goes to a couple randoms and Olimpia, who was able to sneak past B and plant the beacon. I spawned, we took their flag and when they retreated back to re-cap, we got B. Then held them while the ticket count flipped... we were 150+ behind, easy. Won by 30 or something... can't recall. Pretty epic comeback though. Then it was a string of easy wins.

edit: Oh and I've seen the light... I'm now fully converted to Conquest. Rush is gross.

Yeah, it was after my 12th attempt or so that I was able to break through B. Then we got A, eventually lost it, but managed to get B back and from that point on it was all about defending. It was so much fun watching the ticket count go down for the other team!

And good games with JJD too, the last 2 or 3 were very close but we managed to win!

It's tolerable if BF3 is the only game you play since you can adjust to it. If you play other games though and come back it's soo bad. I played a week of skyrim and tried to pick up BF3 again and it was awful. I really hope the console patch addresses this.

the only game i play is BF3, the problem is i play it on 360 and that doesn't have the terrible input lag. i have no idea how nobody noticed it, it's so... obvious.

TheSeks

the only game i play is BF3, the problem is i play it on 360 and that doesn't have the terrible input lag. i have no idea how nobody noticed it, it's so... obvious.

So obvious we're "on crack, because" they "didn't change anything." :lol Oh, Demize...

But really: Once you adjust, you're mostly fine. There's times where I'm "GODDAMN IT I HAD THAT MOTHERFUCKER" because of the lag, but I'm getting positive KDR so I'm probably going to pissy once they patch it and I can pin-point on a dime. :/

senador

Banned
i would really like to play with some gaf people. who is on 360 that i can play with?

You are welcome to add me. I play with friends much of the time, but I also play alone late at night (MST).

GT: SenadorKooch

I enjoy it on a few maps. Grand Bazaar plays much better on Conquest, as it sucks balls for Rush. Sienne plays well too. The rest I feel are just too large for Conquest. Maps become barren wastelands with unfocused battles. I imagine on PC with so many players its awesome. For console though I think Rush is the winner since it focuses the battles and keeps you on smaller sections of the map.

olimpia84

I had to work really hard for the most part today to get wins...sometimes it's fun because of the challenge but if it keeps going it gets to the point where it's just plain frustrating. Stupid randoms

TheSeks

I enjoy it on a few maps. Grand Bazaar plays much better on Conquest, as it sucks balls for Rush. Sienne plays well too. The rest I feel are just too large for Conquest. Maps become barren wastelands with unfocused battles. I imagine on PC with so many players its awesome. For console though I think Rush is the winner since it focuses the battles and keeps you on smaller sections of the map.

Conquest: Cap 3 flags and camp the enemy to win! Yay!
Rush: Speed troll the enemy to win, unless you actually give them a chance to push. Which is easier to than Conquest, given most of Conquest's maps are huge funnel points.

MusemanMike said:
You can look forward to games like these after you are done.

:lol x 2000

Or he can join me where GAF can play engineer 24/7 (whoops, that's Rush!) and not be credit to the team but at least helping in winning

Oh, hey, what do you know in some of those I have 30-50% accuracy. Eat your heart out, Meppi, because I don't suck. *gasp*

(Also the SCAR needs the nerf so hard. Thing is a loose cannon in TDM close-range with full auto even in lag)

Faceless: You'll be around tonight, right? You need to at least get started on the unlocks and I could troll lowbies. :p

JJD

I had to work really hard for the most part today to get wins...sometimes it's fun because of the challenge but if it keeps going it gets to the point where it's just plain frustrating. Stupid randoms

Man I've never seen you rage so hard as on that Bazaar round! I still can't believe we managed to comeback. It was a pretty epic win. In those last 3 games we led our team of smurfs to the victory against a fairly competent team.

If we were not playing our team would probably be spawn rapped in a couple of those games, especially Bazaar! We didn't lose a single match yesterday!

Seks said:
Oh, hey, what do you know in some of those I have 30-50% accuracy. Eat your heart out, Meppi, because I don't suck. *gasp*

C'mon Seks, is this really necessary? Meppi is a nice guy, he isn't even posting in the thread anymore because of this kind of stuff. Please cut it out.

JJD

Also, on the topic of Faceless return, I've seen Crak online lately playing U3...isn't he going to get BF3? Now if only we could manage to convince Abu to use that pretty awesome PC he build only to surf the web and edit word documents...

C'mon Seks, is this really necessary? Meppi is a nice guy, he isn't even posting in the thread anymore because of this kind of stuff. Please cut it out.

Guy's a troll, just ignore. I'm convinced the whiny rants are a cry for attention, because nobody could be this much of a whiny bitch irl, especially about engineers.

Faceless: You'll be around tonight, right? You need to at least get started on the unlocks and I could troll lowbies. :p
i dunno, my brother's here for the holidays and he has a 360 and BF3 :D

Also, on the topic of Faceless return, I've seen Crak online lately playing U3...isn't he going to get BF3? Now if only we could manage to convince Abu to use that pretty awesome PC he build only to surf the web and edit word documents...

he should use that awesome PC to record his PS3 play sessions and give pointers on a Youtube channel

JJD

Now that OM game was amazing.

Yeah, that metro game was amazing! I must have run from C to A a dozen times! Metro is a good infantry map!

Great games as usual Olimpia, Dan, Mickey and Bruiserk!

And fuck Dice and team balancing for splitting us on that last game! Server couldn't handle that much awesome on a single squad! :)

Nah, you can still unlock flechette ammo for your favorite shotgun. It feels like a half-assed buckshot with slightly more range though.

I know what it is, I use it all the time on my 4 star pump shottie. Battlelog says physical warfare pack though, so I think you're wrong on this one.

TheSeks

i have no idea why he thought it was a good idea to repair there... i know it was out of bounds for attackers, but still, gotta park further away that that buddy!

I'm like "he didn't... OH SHIT HE DID. HAHAHA FACELESS STOLE IT."

That last set of Metro was FUCK YOU mode. Got crate attacker from attacking both. Last one (A) I threw a grenade since the dude was clipping his legs into the void and another dude was behind the counter. Kill the clipper, get the other dude and arm. You guys (you and the random) swarm in and we take it. Intense.

nice games seks.

I don't want to make this into my persona life thread.
However:
Unable to take my exam.
Unable to buy tablet.
Needing to fix my aunt's motor oil spewing car.
Now uncle is stranded on the opposite side of the state for me to go pick him up.

worst day ever.

That metro defense game was awesome though.

TheSeks

Somehow that Metro redux was a bit fucked. Not sure if we had a new enemy team but that sucked. I hate trying to take the third set against a good team at times because you can't simply get up the stairs and gain traction quickly.

Smoking doesn't work because they'll push through or wait for you to come out of it. (Oops)

Also the PKP has too much recoil and I shouldn't be testing guns when Faceless is on/I'm not in TDM. Whoops.

At least we won about 4-5 of the 6 we played. But I gotta be getting to bed. Good games, Faceless.

@Dream: GGz. I'm not sure we lost any of the TDM rounds we played. Though I'm not sure that's an accurate mode to show BF to your cousin. :p

CatPee

I swear, Dan is the worst and most persistent jet pilot I've ever seen. Dude manages to somehow land the jet in the middle of an area with a bunch of walls everywhere even though it wasn't even disabled, roadkills me with it, then miraculously takes off with it again only to crash later.
KuGsj.gif

Top Bottom