• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

That sucks really bad. It's already hard enough to hit them since they always pop flares and by the time you try to align a second shot they usually go out of the launcher's range. Now they want to reduce the damage? lol

are you talking about jets or helicopters? since jets and infantry on foot barely interact with each other I'm indifferent about the changes there. As for helicopters it's pretty easy to lock on to them, and if they fly low to use the terrain as cover from lock-ons they become vulnerable to tank shells and rpg's.

Jas

That other team was so relentless with their M320 spam that I had no other choice but to bust out the explosive USAS. That thing is a points machine.
Hmm...guess I'll have to check it out, haven't used it yet.
I'm not a big fan of shotguns in general but I'm still looking for an assault recon gun.

Daigoro

Hmm, so they forgot to nerf the flashlight, IRNV and USAS12. I'm not fussed about the GtA missiles getting nerfed, but it would have been better to simply to let the pilot fly away in a non-disabled aircraft.

who said they were nerfing the USAS? havent heard that one yet. i havent even unlocked it yet.

Cool thanks. Mystery update. Maybe MS had to do something special to make way for the next patch? Just seems odd and the size just adds to that. Maybe I'm over thinking.

yeah, i was all excited thinking we were getting the patch today, and then nothing... nice cocktease MS.

olimpia84

Useless randoms in your team + good players in the other team + more players in the other team? Not a problem

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/8330688/4/362327422/
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/8332743/4/199948029/
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/8334524/4/199948029/

SCSmL.jpg

rdrr gnr

Another night with unbearable lag. I have no idea what's going on. I'm getting pretty sick of this game.

I'm adding Caspian to my worst maps category. That map just makes no sense sometimes.

Also -- GG to Olimpia on OM. I can't believe we ended up winning.

Ok, about the Dr.Pepper Code.
Cause apparently a whole bunch of people are doing it wrong:

You have to redeem the code on the dr pepper site first. After that, a US account only PSN code will be generated for your DLC.

Dr. Pepper Codes != PSN Code.

The might look alike due to the 4c-4c-4c code structure

olimpia84

Ok, about the Dr.Pepper Code.
Cause apparently a whole bunch of people are doing it wrong:

You have to redeem the code on the dr pepper site first. After that, a US account only PSN code will be generated for your DLC.

Dr. Pepper Codes != PSN Code.

The might look alike due to the 4c-4c-4c code structure

So that's why it wasn't working! If you have any codes left please let me know!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Got road killed like 6 times with the MAV or whatever its called.
Its pretty much impossible to shoot down.

Got road killed like 6 times with the MAV or whatever its called.
Its pretty much impossible to shoot down.

Other MAVs can lock onto them mid-air. Also MANPADS (lol at that acronym) will lock onto them as well (i.e. Stinger/IGLA). I'm not sure about the Javelin.

Milly79

You can dodge stingers in the MAV simply by going behind cover. I've also noticed that if you're high up and go down really quick into the ground they won't hit you.

senador

Banned
because they're being armed! get your ass to A pronto.

whoop whoop whoop BOOOOM!

No, it's when it's not. It's a high pitch beep, not the alarm. I sat on one and listened and couldn't figure it out. It started after it'd been disarmed once. Just a warning to let you know it's been violated?

CatPee

No, it's when it's not. It's a high pitch beep, not the alarm. I sat on one and listened and couldn't figure it out. It started after it'd been disarmed once. Just a warning to let you know it's been violated?

Sounds like the bug where sometimes the arming noise (small high-pitched beeps) still remain even after it's been armed.

Yeah it could be the bug that CatPee is talking about. Also while someone is in the process of arming/disarming the M-COM (i.e. before the actual siren starts up) you will hear some high pitched beeps to let you know that something is up.

Also if there is an active T-UGS near you then you'll hear beeps to indicate that you're being picked up by it. Finally there can be a 'static' kind of electronic noise if you're near a radio beacon.

senador

Banned
Oooh, I'm pretty sure its the audio bug. It sounds like its being armed, its just not. I thought it might be a T-UGS but there was nothing around and the sound is loudest right on the MCOM. I've had it happen several times. Weird.

rdrr gnr

Good night of playing; very little lag. Sorry to Legg who kept joining when there was no room on our team -- next time.

Anybody here have the TV Missile unlocked for the chopper? I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. It does good damage, but seems inconsistent.

olimpia84

Op Metro Conquest is slowly becoming one of my favorite maps. It's easily the most frustrating one when you're against a very good team or your team sucks but if you face an even team it can get pretty fun, specially when playing as a Recon. I love sneaking by B unnoticed and then placing a spawn beacon in the furthest flag.

JJD

Wow..I haven't played in almost 3 weeks, trying to clear my backlog a bit (Batman: AC and Dark Souls), and man...I'm rusty as hell!!!

I have to readapt at the controls again...it was like my mind knew what I had to do, but my body wouldn't obey. I hope they release the patch soon, the controls are not even close to feeling as natural as BC2 controls felt!

Also, is it just me or there's much more lag?

So all PS3 BF3 owners are getting Battlefield 1943 after all:

There have been some misunderstandings around Battlefield 1943 and Battlefield 3. To address this we are making Battlefield 1943 available free of charge to owners of Battlefield 3 on the PS3 beginning this month.

Battlefield 1943 PlayStation 3 vouchers will be available on the following dates via the 1943redemption.battlefield.com portal:

• November 26th, 2011 for Battlefield 3 players on PlayStation Network Sony Europe.
  • December 10th, 2011 for Battlefield 3 players on PlayStation Network Sony America.
  • December 17th, 2011 for Battlefield 3 players on PlayStation Network Sony Asia and Sony Japan.
To download your copy of Battlefield 1943 for the PlayStation 3 please follow the easy steps below.
  1. Activate your Battlefield 3 Online Pass for the PlayStation 3 using the voucher included in the game (see step #5 for additional instructions).
  2. Visit 1943redemption.battlefield.com on or after the dates outlined above for your region and log in with your Origin ID and password. Click here if you need help with retrieving your account information.
  3. Select your territory. Note vouchers do not work across regions.
  4. You will then receive a PlayStation 3 voucher for Battlefield 1943.
  5. input your voucher into the PlayStation Network store. Instructions below.
    1. From the XMB (cross media-bar) of the PlayStation 3 connected to a network, choose [account management] under the [PlayStation Network].
    2. From the menu select redeem codes.
    3. Enter voucher and select continue.
    4. Download Battlefield 1943.
https://help.ea.com/article/battlefield-1943-for-bf3-ps3-customers

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Listen gaf, I don't play infantry maps. Unless Olimpia is in my squad... then maybe I make an exception. Otherwise, power on the PS3 goes off when the garbage comes up.

I tried to join the game on the Highway, and end up getting pile of shit Bazaar. No thanks. My policy is power off on any of those maps. Otherwise I might stop playing this game altogether. Sorry JJ, just not playing those maps anymore.

Jas

Good Games today, I didn't think we were going to win that last round JJD but we won it by the skin of our teeth :)

JJD

Good Games today, I didn't think we were going to win that last round JJD but we won it by the skin of our teeth :)

That game was so fun! You were great as always ejas! I'm still getting used to the controls...again! :-(

I could stop playing BC2 for weeks and in one or two games I would get used to it's controls again, but not on BF3...why Dice had to mess with it???

Did you notice a little lag? Since I start playing again I have this feeling on every single match that the game is kinda slower.

Jas

That game was so fun! You were great as always ejas! I'm still getting used to the controls...again! :-(

I could stop playing BC2 for weeks and in one or two games I would get used to it's controls again, but not on BF3...why Dice had to mess with it???

Did you notice a little lag? Since I start playing again I have this feeling on every single match that the game is kinda slower.

Yeah I'm the same exact way with the controls in this game. :(

Some maps always lag, like Kharg Island.
Lag in general is hit and miss with me, majority of times I'm usually joining someone that is already playing so not sure how my connection is with the server.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Played for a while tonight... first couple game were with some of the worst people that I have ever seen. No exaggeration.

I don't know how they put their pants on in the morning or even breath oxygen... we found another server and things were back to normal. But maybe a little too easy. Hard to get an opposing team that puts up a good fight. I very rarely feel outplayed, though it happens sometimes, but most of the time losing is a matter of braindead -- like retarded -- teammates. Just exasperatingly stupid. That's what we had the first couple games.

Even the most low key gaffers probably would've lost their shit with this group. Worst I ever played with.

olimpia84

Played for a while tonight... first couple game were with some of the worst people that I have ever seen. No exaggeration.

I don't know how they put their pants on in the morning or even breath oxygen... we found another server and things were back to normal. But maybe a little too easy. Hard to get an opposing team that puts up a good fight. I very rarely feel outplayed, though it happens sometimes, but most of the time losing is a matter of braindead -- like retarded -- teammates. Just exasperatingly stupid. That's what we had the first couple games.

Even the most low key gaffers probably would've lost their shit with this group. Worst I ever played with.

Worry not, I wrote his name down and will send it over to DICE so he can get banned for being such a useless teammate :lol :lol

Good games

senador

Banned
So, can someone explain to me what the SOFLAM is good for? I just unlocked it and designated a few targets. Does it just make it easier for my teammates to then lock on to?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Had some cool games with Vasilisk and Lince last night.

Damn i love how 'visceral' (or cool) the explosions look.

olimpia84

So, can someone explain to me what the SOFLAM is good for? I just unlocked it and designated a few targets. Does it just make it easier for my teammates to then lock on to?

Supposedly yes. I don't really see that much difference except that you can use a Javelin to hit air vehicles.

senador

Banned
Supposedly yes. I don't really see that much difference except that you can use a Javelin to hit air vehicles.

Yeah and flares wont work against that since it's a laser designator, not dependant on heat sources.

Hmm, well that actually sounds like it could be pretty useful then, especially when playing with a team or my IRL friends who play Engineer. Sounds useless if no one is working with you though. Once a target is designated do you have to keep it on them to be effective?

Is this also what makes the Javelin shoot up then arc down at tanks?

-----

Anyone else use the AN-94? I play Assault 90% of the time and gave it a try. It suuuuucks until you unlock the scope as the iron sights are pretty difficult to see down. Once I got the scope though, its been pretty good. Its 2-shot is a bit weird, but its accuracy at long range is quite good. I use it on ranged phases of Rush.

Top Bottom