• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

olimpia84

Played a 2 against 8 match that included a high level clan in Tehran highway with NoStyle. Nice matchmaking Dice, throughout the whole not a single soul joined our team. SMH.

Next round the game balances the team by setting an even count and the high level clan gets scared and quits...pussies.

The carbines for the engineers are good no doubt because the rifles are shorter versions of ARs but even the M4 lacks at distance. I have been sniping with my AK and 7x scope and I have been very successful, not so much with any carbine rifle. Just yesterday I got a headshot on a sniper at least 300 meters out with my m16.

rdrr gnr

Ugh. I still need to get that ribbon and I need to set up that lobby.

According to BF3stats.com there are only a few thousand simultaneous players online:

PC: 30k
PS3: 40k
360: 43K

How accurate are these numbers?
The carbines for the engineers are good no doubt because the rifles are shorter versions of ARs but even the M4 lacks at distance. I have been sniping with my AK and 7x scope and I have been very successful, not so much with any carbine rifle. Just yesterday I got a headshot on a sniper at least 300 meters out with my m16.
My enjoyment of the engineer guns varies greatly with the quality of the connection. Sometimes the A-91 and G36c are like hot knifes through butter, while other times it's like using an airsoft gun. Another sad fact of BF3 map design, is that the maps that make the most sense for engineer play, are also the biggest most barren maps, requiring the highest average distance for a kill. Super annoying.

Is there a secret to the engineer guns?

Use SCAR until they nerf it, it does 34 points of damage vs the 25 on other guns at close range!

these favourite ribbons really are those that require changing your playstyle,

suppression devolves into "i'll just shoot at enemies, but i wont kill anyone"
mcom defense devolves into "i will not defend mcoms until someone is surely arming them"
nemesis devolves into "i'll ignore the whole match and try to hunt down this one noob that i can always kill"

(or like some say that you will just get them eventually by blind luck :p)

Marvie_3

Banned
Finally got my Recon service star which means I now have at least one for each class. Now I never have to play as a recon again!! :D

Could someone with BattleLog access post what does it say here:
Something about a PS3 Patch

On November 30th, we are planning a client update of Battlefield 3 on PlayStation 3. This update will be accompanied by a scheduled maintenance period for all formats.

It has a list of fixes as well, it's pretty damn long, but here:

General fixes

• Significant improvements to the Squad Join interface, full details in this earlier blog post
• Removed FIND ME A SQUAD option
• Allow players to join empty Squads alone, thus having 1/4 Squad members
• Change order of options to LEAVE SQUAD, INV A FRIEND, SWITCH TEAM
• Disable Privacy flag when 1 man Squad
• Reset Privacy flag from Private to Public when Squad drops to 1 player
• All occupied Squads will now show up colored blue on the Squad selection screen
• Players who choose not to join Squads will also show up as Blue in the "Not in a Squad” line
• Squads that are currently empty will display as white -- if you wish to join an empty Squad, you can choose the first one marked with white text
• Added round duration and ticket summary at end of round screen
• Fixed sound for when climbing ladders
• Fixed and issue with some weapons' sounds in first person view
• Fixed a swim sound loop error
• You should no longer be able to damage a friendly vehicle when sitting in an open position
• Grenades now drop to ground if you get killed while attempting to throw it
• Spawn protection now should work in Conquest so you no longer should spawn too close to enemies
• You should no longer spawn too close to enemies in TDM and SQDM
• Fix for missing input restriction during intro movie, causing players to potentially fall and die while watching movie if moving controller (or having a controller with a bad stick zone)
• Combat areas on Kharg Island in Rush mode tweaked in order to disallow defenders to access the carrier ship after first base is taken and being able to enter the AA gun
• Fixed a problem with revived players not being able to get suppressed
• Fixed a problem with the camera when being revived in co-op
• Spotting VO now plays when spotting from MAV/EOD bot
• Fixed several issues regarding the kill card, including showing wrong weapons used for the kill
• Fixed that sometimes you would be stuck on a black screen when kicked from server
• Fixed so when a team captures two flags at the same time, the UI does not show wrong owner of the flag
• Fixed a problem where the capture progress bar was shown as friendly when the enemy was capturing
• Fixed a problem with the bipod deploy sound
• Fixed a problem that you could be spawned in with no weapons after being killed while using the EOD bot
• Fixed problems with health bars not displaying health properly when using EOD bots
• Fixed a problem with flickering name tags
• Fixed a problem where you could damage friendly helicopters
• Fixed a problem where you could get stuck in the co-op menu when attempting to join the session twice
• You should now be able to spot explosives
• You should no longer spawn in home base if your selected spawn point is disabled while waiting to spawn (e.g. if your teammate dies right before you are about to spawn)
• Damage from bullets will now continue to cause damage even after the firing user is dead
• Fixed several client crashes
• Fixed a problem where players could get stuck in the join queue
• Fixed the repair icon on the minimap
• Fixed a problem with changing camera on certain vehicles
• Fixed a problem with the grenade indicator when in guided missile mode
• Fixed a problem where the machine could hard lock when joining a public coop game
• Fixed a problem where the headset attached icon would not show up in the UI
• Fixed a problem with the falling antenna on Caspian Border. It should now more instantly kill anyone in its falling path
• Fixed a problem where tank turrets would turn too slow
• Fixed a bug on co-op mission "Exfiltration" where you could end up outside the vehicle and not being able to enter it again, thus blocking the mission
• Fixed a problem where a user can become invulnerable after being resurrected
• Fixed a problem with the M60 reload sound
• Fixed a hang in terrain streaming, causing the user to get stuck on black screen under special circumstances in single player
• Fixed a problem where the enemy would not be able to get a road kill on a user that was using the SOFLAM
• Fixed soldiers disappearing in the mortar kill cam
• Fix for Type88 and MG36 zoom in animation offset when in supported shooting mode (using bipods)

Balance changes

• Increased the damage of helicopter miniguns, AA guns, and jet cannons against infantry
• Increased the damage of helicopter miniguns against jeeps
• Reduced the physics impact of AA guns and jet cannons so players under attack from these weapons no longer should lose control
• Increased the damage of the 44 Magnum slightly
• Increased the range and minimum damage of the .357 Round from the MP412 Rex
• Increased the range of all .45cal and 9mm weapons
• Slightly increased the range of the P90 and MP7 and PDW-R
• Slightly increased the range of the 5.56mm PDW-R and decreased the minimum damage at long range
• Slightly increased the minimum range of the Mk11, SVD, and M39 EMR 7.62mm rifles
• Decreased the maximum damage and maximum range of the G3 and SCAR-H 7.62mm weapons
• Reduced the damage from FIM-92 and SA-18 IGLA missiles against aircraft
• Increased the damage and range of the 40mm BUCK rounds
• Reduced the damage .50cal weapons do against helicopters
• Updated T90 canister shell tweaks to match Abrams canister shells

JJD

posted this in the OT:

back to karkand drops on the 7th

http://asia.playstation.com/sg/en/psn/addonDetail/251070

Hell yes!!! Way sooner than I was expecting!

Thank God Dice wasn't dumb enough to drop it near Christmas!

I'll still have to buy it though, as my copy (pre ordered more than a month before release) was not limited edition...

Fuck EA.

On November 30th, we are planning a client update of Battlefield 3 on PlayStation 3. This update will be accompanied by a scheduled maintenance period for all formats.

Holy shit! Best BF3 news day evar!!! Lol!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So we aren't getting analog (acceleration/deadzone) adjustments? Blech.

JJD

So we aren't getting analog (acceleration/deadzone) adjustments? Blech.

Wait what???? I thought this fix was in the patch!

If we're not getting the deadzone, sound and voice chat fix in this patch this shit is worthless!

Also, it's confirmed I won't be using the igla/stinger ever again...it's hard enough as it is to take down a good pilot with it, and then they decide it's a good idea to nerf the damage? You need at least 2 shots just to make the pilot dump his flares, as soon as he does this, if he's smart he'll probably be out of range...

Edit: Also how hard it could be to add a little "A", "B" or "C" to the flag markers in the hud? I hope they fix the flags marker too...

Bruiserk

Buffing pistols is cool I guess, they are barely an option for a sidearm right now. Might as well just die then switch out to it. But no tactical light patch? Ugh.

Evolved1

Buffing pistols is cool I guess, they are barely an option for a sidearm right now. Might as well just die then switch out to it. But no tactical light patch? Ugh.

I think the M1911 is better than most rifles in the game. Really didn't need a buff.

Tac-lights, dazzle effect from lasers, and thermal scopes need to be completely cut or seriously rebalanced.

And give me advanced analog settings you jerks!

ziadoz

Neo Member
Seriously, no controller input log or broken VOIP fixes? Why are they pushing through game balance patches when these are still broken over a month after release.

Also, what's with lowering damage on Stingers? Aircraft are already next to impossible to take down if they have IR flares and now they take less damage per missile too. If anything they should be increasing the reload time on IR flares.

rdrr gnr

Can we get playlists in the server browser? Like, infantry maps only, vehicle maps only, single map servers, and so forth?

I would die a happy man if I never played OF conquest again.

Evolved1

right now?

*looks for disk*

Gotta eat something and do an assignment... but sometime tonight, probably.

So sick of frigging flashlights and lasers and thermal vision and lock on every two seconds... and bad controls. And no destruction. And bad weapons.

I'll go back to BC2 and not miss anything about BF3 but the clamber animation. DICE can keep the rest of it.

ziadoz

Neo Member
Does anyone here still play BC2 on PS3? If so what are your PSN IDs? I'll probably be back on it until Karkand or a patch that fixes actual bugs in BF3 materialises. My PSN ID is ziadoz.

Evolved1

Does anyone here still play BC2 on PS3? If so what are your PSN IDs? I'll probably be back on it until Karkand or a patch that fixes actual bugs in BF3 materialises. My PSN ID is ziadoz.

My psn is my gaf handle. But I probably wont be on tonight...

Cudder

No fix for the shit quality of voice chat in game? How about joining a game with a squad of friends, will it actually put us all on the same squad/team now?

A.R.K

It has a list of fixes as well, it's pretty damn long, but here:

Where is the fix for the in-game mic issues that we have been complaining since beta???? WTF DICE!!!! you got to be kidding me

:/

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Am I correct in assuming that these fixes/balances will make their way to the 360? Or have they already?

They're coming along with the PS3 patch. It's currently: PC patch->Consoles get that patch, just like BC2.

They're coming along with the PS3 patch. It's currently: PC patch->Consoles get that patch, just like BC2.

Spanks, man.

Unrelated: I just started playing as Support and recently unlocked C4. The risk/reward for C4-ing a tank is huge; it's turning me into a reckless bastard, but I can't help myself. As soon as I hear the grinding of a tank's innards > d-pad right > left stick click.

CatPee

I don't see any input or voice fixes. FFS...

Seriously, I think they've already figured out the cause with help from the community (mic stutter being linked to how many in a squad having one active). Now it's just a matter of putting out a small patch to fix these two issues. Shame that it'll be at least a few weeks due to the cert process. :(

JJD

Wow...today games were a lagfest...

Grand Bazaar played like a slideshow for a couple seconds...Karg was laggy as hell too.

Anyone else getting this?

I was not in the mood to see how laggy Tehran would be, so I quit...sorry guys!

TheSeks

Vietnam was pretty empty, i need to knock out those last 2 trophies!

silver and gold gonna be tough with nobody to shoot!

I'm surprised you didn't do them when the iron was hot.

I still need to boost the insane rewards (and get six grenade launcher kills for Assault Patches. Which are damn near impossible) in BC1. Finish the 10K2 kills trophy (probably going to be tough with 1943/BC2/BF3 all having a population) and get the 20 squad spawns in 1 life (IMPOSSIBLE!) to get my BC1 platinum. >_>

eek5

Have they definitively said whether or not B2K is going to just join the map pool or if it is going to have separate matchmaking/servers?

TheSeks

Have they definitively said whether or not B2K is going to just join the map pool or if it is going to have separate matchmaking/servers?

Mix of both in the server options, IIRC. Default is all the maps in the same rotation so vanilla+B2K+whatever expansions after B2K as well.

olimpia84

This game was fun and challenging, just how I like them. At the end I held that chopper pilot around A by disabling him, then he recovered (was probably using fire extinguisher) and then I ran out of rockets but still kept locking on into him to annoy him :D

Then afterwards in Op Metro I went super stealth mode and got to A fairly quickly! After that it was over and those level 45s started to quit :lol

Jtrizzy

Has DICE actually acknowledged the dead zone/controller issues? This game launch been absolutely terrible for me. I built a new pc with a 580 and 2600k and it runs the game great fof the most part, but there is some issue where I can't launch mp games, so I picked up the PS3 version. I can play online with PS3, but the controls are almost as bad as fucking Killzone 2 molases bullshit.

I don't get how they can test games like this and U3 with such terrible dead zone/acceleration issues for 8-10 hours a day and it still releases like that.

Top Bottom