• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

I'm surprised you didn't do them when the iron was hot.

I still need to boost the insane rewards (and get six grenade launcher kills for Assault Patches. Which are damn near impossible) in BC1. Finish the 10K2 kills trophy (probably going to be tough with 1943/BC2/BF3 all having a population) and get the 20 squad spawns in 1 life (IMPOSSIBLE!) to get my BC1 platinum. >_>

my PS3 originally died in January.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Vietnam was pretty empty,

Jesus, you weren't kidding. 3-4 on each team including me when I just joined. Went over to Vanilla same dead-zone there. I'm not too sure how viable BC1 will be. Even 1943 isn't this bad as they get at least 5-8 on each side there. >_>

Seriously, I think they've already figured out the cause with help from the community (mic stutter being linked to how many in a squad having one active).
Has this been proven? Is it when you have 3 or more mic'd players in a squad that the stutter begins? I'm intrigued!

This game was fun and challenging, just how I like them. At the end I held that chopper pilot around A by disabling him, then he recovered (was probably using fire extinguisher) and then I ran out of rockets but still kept locking on into him to annoy him :D

I wouldn't say it's challenging.
We lost most of our tickets mid game when people decided to stop capping/go for kills/stay in vehicles instead.

Particularly that one squad I was in...

TheSeks

FK1983: Who are you on GAF? Apparently you're in GAF groups but you sent a battlelog request to me but you only play on 360. :/ I don't play on 360, dude. Sorry. :/

CatPee

Has this been proven? Is it when you have 3 or more mic'd players in a squad that the stutter begins? I'm intrigued!

Not 100% proven, but I can definitely say that mic count has an effect on voice quality. I normally play with 2 other friends and shit is nearly inaudible when all 3 of us have a mic hooked up. Then I tried going into a new squad and only inviting 1 dude and magically it becomes a bit better, though it still has a bit of stutter.

Jas

If you are using the server browser after the update on PS3 for some reason it checked off the B2K maps in the filter.
There's no servers up running them so you won't get servers to show.

Soma

anyone else able to find occupied servers in the US region? tried matchmaking but it just sends me to empty maps.

edit -

also, hey the B2K weapons show up on the Customize menu under My Soldier

Not 100% proven, but I can definitely say that mic count has an effect on voice quality. I normally play with 2 other friends and shit is nearly inaudible when all 3 of us have a mic hooked up. Then I tried going into a new squad and only inviting 1 dude and magically it becomes a bit better, though it still has a bit of stutter.

Same for me, I've checked a lot of times. 2 persons with mic in the squad, you heard something, then a third one joins and then the voice chat collapses

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Some folks are saying that VoIp is working fine now.

know what really bugs me about switching between 360 and PS3?

no, not the input lag, it sucks but hey...

it's the way they messed with the LB/LT/RB/RT and L1/L2/R1/R2 functions between versions...

shooting is swapped, but driving isn't, so playing on PS3 is this odd mix of pressing the wrong L/R button in vehicles because i'm used to ADS being drive forward...

stickdrive could have alleviated some of this...

no DICE

JJD

What is the new "Assignments" option under the "My Soldier" menu?

Also...700 megs is too big for a simple patch and yet too small to be the back to karkand maps...

TheSeks

What is the new "Assignments" option under the "My Soldier" menu?

B2K feature: Needed to do those missions/assignments to unlock the gun that wants the requirements in non-B2K maps.

ErasureAcer said:
Looks like 4 new maps with Karakand. What day does that come out?

14th for 360/PC. 7th for PS3.

You did a 1000 mine video? I saw on posted on the bf3 Facebook. Pretty funny stuff.

No. But they need to move the AT mines back to RPG's slot. No point otherwise to carry both now.

Ok... WTF! I was just playing campaign and in the middle of it it goes to saving and says the Connection to the EA server was lost.

Ok just died and went to the Menu....
WTF?!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Anyone else on PS3 getting some weirdness after the patch? I magically have the MP7 unlocked now despite not playing enough co-op for it and am constantly getting frame rates in the teens. The game was as smoot h as ever last night.

TheSeks

Anyone else on PS3 getting some weirdness after the patch? I magically have the MP7 unlocked now despite not playing enough co-op for it and am constantly getting frame rates in the teens. The game was as smoot h as ever last night.

Co-op points got a nerf, hence unlocks sooner.

I dunno about frames.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Co-op points got a nerf, hence unlocks sooner.

I dunno about frames.

Ah, that makes sense about the MP7 then. In fact I was seeing a lot more SG552s today as well. I'm going to play some more in a little while then report back about the framerate.

Kak.efes

Any tips on how to acquire the maintenance efficiency, and M-COM defender ribbons? Of all the ribbons I still need to get, these two seem like the most annoying/time consuming.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Any tips on how to acquire the maintenance efficiency, and M-COM defender ribbons? Of all the ribbons I still need to get, these two seem like the most annoying/time consuming.

The maintenance pin is like the easiest one to get. Just crouch behind a tank and repair while its in a firefight and you'll have it in seconds.

Mcom pin.... lol

TheSeks

Maintenance is just repairing isn't it? Repair damaged tanks. Which is a PITA with randoms, but doable.

M-COM defense: Must be done while ARMING. Shoot the bastards are arming. Four of them. Good luck! :D!

Top Bottom